THE BROWNS BOARD

WEEK 6 - One man's opinion on the BROWNS vs Wilson led Seahawks..... Sunday 1 pm in CLEVELAND.

mjp28

WEEK 6 - One man's opinion on the BROWNS versus the Wilson led Seattle Seahawks..... Sunday 1 pm in CLEVELAND.

OK remind me is this the week the Browns play great or like crap, or is that next week oh wait they're off next week. 

And then aside from maybe Patrick Mahomes, there isn’t a quarterback playing better than Russell Wilson, who has a 126.3 passer rating and a 12-to-0 touchdown-to-interception ratio. Seattle definitely could use more from their defense. The Seahawks’ pass rush arrow is pointing up, though, with Ezekiel Ansah getting healthy, Jadeveon Clowney playing better each week and Mychal Kendricks effective in blitzes. Seattle is a quality team, having won at least nine regular season games each of the past seven seasons. The Seahawks are 6-1-1 ATS in their last eight October games. 

But what about the Browns?  The Browns are coming off a Monday road game against the 49ers, while the Seahawks are on extra rest, having played last Thursday.  That it nothing more about the Browns, what about the game against Baltimore or doesn't that count?

SO what to do?  Easy, well maybe tricky -but- since you made easy money with NE -16' it's go time! This is MUST WIN GAME #2  Take CLE +1.5 and the UNDER 48!  And sit on the edge of your seat and enjoy the game.  

• Like 1

That’s just it, “enjoy the game”.  I know many of us feel so disheartened by last game’s performance, not necessarily because we lost, but more because of how we played.  We literally didn’t get to cheer, we didn’t get to “sit on the edge of our seat”, and we never really felt like we had a chance once the 3rd quarter began.  There were no good parts of the game to talk about, and that’s especially frustrating for our fan base because we really enjoy discussing the ins and outs of the contest, even if we lose.  Other than our rookie punter beasting, we had nothing good to discuss. 

What really had me concerned is that our defense appeared to give up, and even though we weren’t going to win, we didn’t give our offense the ball.  Heck, even the Bengals got their butts kicked but put up some garbage time points against the 49’s.  Where are the prevent defense passing yards?  The plays Baker can use to get his confidence up?  I literally turned off the game and I don’t remember ever doing that.  I’ve said it before, but I’ll say it again:  We’ve lost two games this year by more than 28 points, and our biggest loss under Hue Jackson was by 25 to the Cowboys.  That’s BONKERS.

Of course, we also have TWO wins, which is something Hue couldn’t brag about after two seasons, LOL.  Anyways, I expect a better performance, and it’s kind of a shame that our schedule is so brutal because we could REALLY use the Dolphins right about now.  Watch Baker throwing the ball to our backs this week, as Seattle has difficulty covering backs, and they’ve missed a lot of tackles on those short routes.  Baker missed Chubb out of the backfield a few times, not for huge plays, but they would’ve been for 5-7 yards…something we sorely needed.  Watch for Baker to get the short passing game going this week, even if that means throwing short of the sticks on 3rd down in hopes of breaking tackles.  I’d also start Seals-Jones in your fantasy league, as he was open last game and Baker will remedy that Sunday.

3 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

That’s just it, “enjoy the game”.  I know many of us feel so disheartened by last game’s performance, not necessarily because we lost, but more because of how we played.  We literally didn’t get to cheer, we didn’t get to “sit on the edge of our seat”, and we never really felt like we had a chance once the 3rd quarter began.  There were no good parts of the game to talk about, and that’s especially frustrating for our fan base because we really enjoy discussing the ins and outs of the contest, even if we lose.  Other than our rookie punter beasting, we had nothing good to discuss. 

What really had me concerned is that our defense appeared to give up, and even though we weren’t going to win, we didn’t give our offense the ball.  Heck, even the Bengals got their butts kicked but put up some garbage time points against the 49’s.  Where are the prevent defense passing yards?  The plays Baker can use to get his confidence up?  I literally turned off the game and I don’t remember ever doing that.  I’ve said it before, but I’ll say it again:  We’ve lost two games this year by more than 28 points, and our biggest loss under Hue Jackson was by 25 to the Cowboys.  That’s BONKERS.

Of course, we also have TWO wins, which is something Hue couldn’t brag about after two seasons, LOL.  Anyways, I expect a better performance, and it’s kind of a shame that our schedule is so brutal because we could REALLY use the Dolphins right about now.  Watch Baker throwing the ball to our backs this week, as Seattle has difficulty covering backs, and they’ve missed a lot of tackles on those short routes.  Baker missed Chubb out of the backfield a few times, not for huge plays, but they would’ve been for 5-7 yards…something we sorely needed.  Watch for Baker to get the short passing game going this week, even if that means throwing short of the sticks on 3rd down in hopes of breaking tackles.  I’d also start Seals-Jones in your fantasy league, as he was open last game and Baker will remedy that Sunday.

I feared this: A lot of fans are despondent, almost near apathetic, and so quickly. I use this analogy: When you golf once in a while, you mostly suck, because you can't be a good golfer if you only play once in a while. So, when you hit bad shots, it doesn't tick you off that bad, because you know you stink. You can ever laugh at bad shots. But when you do play often, and are somewhat decent, then bad shots or bad rounds do anger you, because you have expectations. It's the same thing with your team: If you have legit hope for contention - legit - and then your team lays eggs, it's much more impactful. This was the first year in too many to count that the Browns came in with legit hope of being a good team, so when games happen like last week, it is far more frustrating than it is just knowing you have a team that will win zero to three games.

I have one buddy, who after week 1, got so distraught that he took down ALL posts related to the Browns on facebook, blocked certain people from FB and his cell phone, and when he did re-emerge, said "Now I remember why I hate the NFL. It's crooked and dirty and not worth following." This after he spent every day posting about how spectacular this player or unit was. He has always been wearing "rose-colored glasses" about the Browns upcoming seasons, becoming optimistic by March, and his optimism has always been shattered by Oct., every year save the late 80's. But this season has just crushed him - way more than usual. He actually refused to watch the Ravens' game (until later on DVR) and the optimism caused him to watch the 9ers' game (which then just depressed him immensely). 

The season is young, a lot is going to change. But Browns' fans are now realizing that true hope comes with a price many have perhaps forgotten: when you fall, it hurts much more. When your fairly good at golf, a bad hole/shot round hurts a great deal more.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

Colin Cowherd just picked the Browns to win 26-24. Noting that we are a young team getting our 2 starting corners back. And that the Seahawks defense is not that good.

Colin is pretty good at picking games, and I got a feeling he could be right about this. I always consider the "back against the wall factor." Teams that are sick and tired of disappointing can rear up when you least expect it (unless they are a rubbish team that no longer cares, like Cinci and Miami will probably end up, or already are). If the Steelers could give Seattle a tough game, Browns should be able to be right there too (although I said that about SF, so what do I know?) 

As much as last week was a tough spot for us West Coast Roadie after a tough division game...guess what Seahawks traveling to the other coast for a 10am game after a tough division game. 

Good spot for Browns.

but is the play calling fixed?

Can We get guys back? 

And is Russell Wilson enough to overcome this tough spot for the hawks 

2 hours ago, Icecube said:

Colin is pretty good at picking games, and I got a feeling he could be right about this. I always consider the "back against the wall factor." 

Yep, important to bounce back at home coming off a loss.. Colin acknowledged that young teams are up and down.

Getting Higgins back and Callaway moving back to his natural “X” position should help, to say the least. 

Greedy and Ward have been limited. We need them back. Tyler Lockett is a speedster.

On 10/11/2019 at 1:10 PM, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

Colin Cowherd just picked the Browns to win 26-24. Noting that we are a young team getting our 2 starting corners back. And that the Seahawks defense is not that good.

So maybe Colin doesn't totally hate the Browns? Shocking!!!!  But the Seahawks do have Clowney and Ansah. I hope the Browns o-line took lessons all week on learning how to block speed & power rushers. They're doing very well in run defense. 

On 10/11/2019 at 4:01 PM, Icecube said:

The season is young, a lot is going to change. But Browns' fans are now realizing that true hope comes with a price many have perhaps forgotten: when you fall, it hurts much more. When your fairly good at golf, a bad hole/shot round hurts a great deal more.  

Nope, I was as lousy at golf as I was decent in tennis. In the days of steel shaft clubs, wrapped a few around trees. Teed off on the 18th with my putter I was so POed the way I was playing. That's why I don't golf anymore, don't need the aggravation. True- couldn't break 100, then one day playing nine with my pal, hit the first two par fours in regulation, and was even after three holes Shot a 39, and when we got back to the car threw my clubs in the trunk and told Don- "That's it- I quit, I'm going out on top." Meant it too.  

Yeah back in the 80s, I handled "The Drive" pretty well, but the next year after "The Fumble" I couldn't talk to anyone for a couple of days I was so depressed..... 

22 hours ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

Getting Higgins back and Callaway moving back to his natural “X” position should help, to say the least. 

Greedy and Ward have been limited. We need them back. Tyler Lockett is a speedster.

No guarantees we get the CBs back- but it would be a huge boost to the defense....