THE BROWNS BOARD

Shakegate

jrb12711

50 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Oh yes!  Back when guns were guns with walnut handles and the whole 9 yards.  Now they're made of plastic and look like a cheap kids toy....... just sayin'.

(oh what was the going price......if you could find one)

Don't remember, but I think I paid around $300 for it from a gun dealer second hand- like new. Previously owned by a Dayton police officer who had slicked up the action. Talk about a hair trigger when you cocked it. Only added the red ramp sights, and swapped out the rubber duty handle for walnut.  

A quick Google showed an identical python offered for $3,200. That mountain bike I got in exchange is still worth around $300 bucks. Oh well, it was a fair trade- at the time. If I only knew....  I'll have to tell my brother to have it insured. He also has possession of my Dad's Model 12 Winchester. Straight production run, but I checked it out, and custom versions are going for the high side of $10,000. I gave up hunting long ago, I'm not going to kill it if I'm not going to eat it. 

• Sad 1

$3,200 if only we knew!  I had a real gun nut buddy I went to college and worked down the mill with. He offered to sell me all kinds of his extra or unwanted guns,  Colt.357, 22 ga,, .410, all kinds including a beautiful Spanish double barreled 12 ga shotgun......oh my.    :(

I also had a friend who collected some Colt Pythons better than money in the bank.

I could have bought a S&W Model 29 in the wooden show case before Dirty Harry came out for $200, thought it might be hot so I passed.......duh.

15 hours ago, hoorta said:

Don't remember, but I think I paid around $300 for it from a gun dealer second hand- like new. Previously owned by a Dayton police officer who had slicked up the action. Talk about a hair trigger when you cocked it. Only added the red ramp sights, and swapped out the rubber duty handle for walnut. 

My Original Ruger .357 has the walnut handles and came with a very minimal pull trigger which makes it a great shooter because every time it fires it's always a surprise. If your trigger finger just itches, it fires. LOL. I also got good advice from an expert who does a lot on youtube. Ruger came out with a free safety transfer bar installment because if you keep a bullet in the chamber under the hammer, a drop could cause firing. He advised me just to keep that chamber empty (which I was already doing), because the 3 screw original Ruger Blackhawk is worth a lot more in original condition. And it is without a doubt the most accurate revolver I have ever fired. Now I have a Ruger .22 pistol with a 4X scope on it that is even more accurate, but it's my "cheater" pistol. LOL!😂

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

My Original Ruger .357 has the walnut handles and came with a very minimal pull trigger which makes it a great shooter because every time it fires it's always a surprise. If your trigger finger just itches, it fires. LOL. LOL!😂

Ohhhhhh itchy trigger finger like in the movies can be a dangerous thing.   :o

4 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

My Original Ruger .357 has the walnut handles and came with a very minimal pull trigger which makes it a great shooter because every time it fires it's always a surprise. If your trigger finger just itches, it fires. LOL. I also got good advice from an expert who does a lot on youtube. Ruger came out with a free safety transfer bar installment because if you keep a bullet in the chamber under the hammer, a drop could cause firing. He advised me just to keep that chamber empty (which I was already doing), because the 3 screw original Ruger Blackhawk is worth a lot more in original condition. And it is without a doubt the most accurate revolver I have ever fired. Now I have a Ruger .22 pistol with a 4X scope on it that is even more accurate, but it's my "cheater" pistol. LOL!😂

You do have to be careful though. True hospital story, one guy almost died when his dog  jumped on  him, gun went off, and it severed his femoral artery.

18 minutes ago, hoorta said:

You do have to be careful though. True hospital story, one guy almost died when his dog  jumped on  him, gun went off, and it severed his femoral artery.

I don't keep loaded guns around my cats or my grandkids. And those little yappy dogs are good only for moving target practice.🤩

8 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I don't keep loaded guns around my cats or my grandkids. And those little yappy dogs are good only for moving target practice.🤩

:) Speaking of  cats, Norman has turned into a  Himalayan Herding Cat. Guides me downstairs every morning to give  him some kitty  treats before I grab  the newspaper. Also  somehow  knows when it's  10AM and time for  Dad to wake up.  Even being  retired, I  still  live on a  second  shift  schedule. 

8 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Because your grandkids like to shoot cats?  As much as I hate cats I could never shoot one, but someone's got to do it.

They're pure evil.

Cats are murderers. Animals kill because they need to eat...except for the cat. Only the cat kills for fun.  A cat is infatuated by watching their victims wriggle in pain as they torture their mouse or bird to death, then will drop their lifeless trophy at your doorstep, or even drag it in the house.

Cats are the pet of choice for witches and villains. Unlike a dog, a cat will never look you in the eye. A good dog wants to serve you, whereas a cat expects to be served. A dog greets you with joy every time you come home. A cat thinks it owns the place.

You probably think your cat rubs up against you because you think it loves you and is displaying affection. Wrong, it's marking it's territory. It thinks it owns you, and it does cause you're dumb. It rubs itself against sofas and chairs as well, so to a cat you are the equivalent of a couch or a chair.

You are it's servant whether you think so or not.

7 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Fortunately for them I'm a bad shot.🤣

Your not even a little funny. The Cleveland Browns mascot.... Swagger is a bull mastif dog. Sunday will be his last game as he’s retiring. In Ohio we have laws that make it very illegal to harm dogs or cats. My wife and I have been involved with animal rescue for years now and once again I say.  FUCK YOU. Come to Ohio asshole and go to jail. Fuckin dog shooter!

2 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

Your not even a little funny. The Cleveland Browns mascot.... Swagger is a bull mastif dog. Sunday will be his last game as he’s retiring. In Ohio we have laws that make it very illegal to harm dogs or cats. My wife and I have been involved with animal rescue for years now and once again I say.  FUCK YOU. Come to Ohio asshole and go to jail. Fuckin dog shooter!

Sweet 8lb, 6oz baby Jesus you are stupid. 

9 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Sweet 8lb, 6oz baby Jesus you are stupid. 

What? For not taking pot shots at dog? For not seeing humor in it? Or for being active in animal rescue and charity? Ever hear of Goddard law? Talk about stupid. I won’t respond to your trolling posts no more. Your just a bully troll like Ghoolie

3 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

LOL! If you think I'm really serious about shooting dogs, I can see why you might me upset. But I don't. I just think you may as well have a cat that doesn't yap all the time rather than a useless yappy little fufu dog.

9 hours ago, Gorka said:

Cats are the pet of choice for witches and villains. Unlike a dog, a cat will never look you in the eye. A good dog wants to serve you, whereas a cat expects to be served. A dog greets you with joy every time you come home. A cat thinks it owns the place.

I can see you never had a Ragdoll cat. They are actually little dogs in cat skin. My two follow me everywhere in the house I go like dogs do. And if I go out for a walk or take out the trash they are at the door waiting for my return. I had two other sister Ragdolls that lived 15+ and 17+ years and before them a stray Ragdoll we had for 16 years the vet thought might be a year old when she showed up at our house. They have all been exactly that way, dogs in cat fur. They're just very unique that way, unlike most other cats. My wife says I should not own worshipers because she refuses to compete with them. LOL! 👸Plus they are damn pretty. 

One of my sister cats used to play "fetch" with me. I would roll a piece of 8 X 11 notebook paper into a wad which she would hear and come running. I'd toss it across the floor with her chasing and batting it around. Then she would pick it up in her mouth, bring it to my feet to drop it and crouch down waiting for me to toss if for her again. then repeat about 10-15 times. Now if that isn't a dog in cat fur, I don't know what is. 😁😻 She was what they call a mitted seal point. Her sister was a bi-color mitted seal point.

https://www.floppycats.com/seal-ragdolls.html

EDIT: PS-and actually I'm a damn good shot-trained  by a WW II small arms expert trainer-my dad. I have a brother better than me. But the chickenshit flew planes for the USAF. Go figure.😂

24 minutes ago, flyingfooldoug said:

What? For not taking pot shots at dog? For not seeing humor in it? Or for being active in animal rescue and charity? Ever hear of Goddard law? Talk about stupid. I won’t respond to your trolling posts no more. Your just a bully troll like Ghoolie

Another old fart who pretends to be a tough guy who needs a safe space on here... DieHard and calfox are waiting for you, snowflake. 

10 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

You are forgetting the other animal that kills for fun - humans. 

Some might kill for food...... think about it.   :ph34r: