THE BROWNS BOARD

Shakegate

jrb12711

28 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

49er's will be lucky to go .500 this year. Gift wrapped schedule and all. 

Whoever scheduled them that Monday Night game on 10/7 really did them a solid, for sure. The team the 49ers played didn't even put up a fight.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Babernakle said:

That game was lost on purpose.  Don’t know why but the browns played at half speed last night.  Beckham dropped what 4 balls.  They looked like they didn’t want to be there or they where being told what to do.  San Fran is not a great team.  # Kylehasbeenonhisknees

Stuff like this is what gives Brown fan a bad reputation. Just admit 9ers were better and whooped ass. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

49er's not only a shit team but full of liars as well! 

Hardly a gift wrapped schedule Po. they still have to play the Rams and Seahawks twice, plus the Packers and Saints. I daresay a tougher remaining schedule than ours. Face it, they looked like Super Bowl contenders against the Browns. That was the biggest beating the Browns have endured in a long time. 

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

49er's not only a shit team but full of liars as well! 

4-0 with this remaining schedule and they won't make .500? And, forgive me, but they play lots og good teams. 

https://www.49ers.com/schedule/

Rams, Seattle twice each. Panthers, Packers, Ravens, Cowboys, Saints. That's a "gift wrapped" schedule? Plz. 

2 minutes ago, Icecube said:

4-0 with this remaining schedule and they won't make .500? And, forgive me, but they play lots og good teams. 

https://www.49ers.com/schedule/

Rams, Seattle twice each. Panthers, Packers, Ravens, Cowboys, Saints. That's a "gift wrapped" schedule? Plz. 

I don't see how they lose many games. Their defense is filthy, their QB is accurate and doesn't hold the ball, and they can run on everyone with multiple backs. Oh, and they have the best FB. 

• Upvote 1

The whole world knows Baker is cocky. Sherman played that cleverly by lying about him not shaking hands pre-game.

It had supposedly got the Niner's more pumped then they already were. Baker only did it to himself.

I used to think its OK to be cocky if you're good...but man..

fuck sherman and bosa infact i would be willing to wager that he gets hurt at some point and sits out games ala the Buckeyes so fuck him and his brother and father who both all ways missed games because of injury 

• Upvote 1

Saw this as I was exiting the Survivor pool.  FYI

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/richard-sherman-via-fiction-added-to-the-baker-mayfield-pile-on-how-will-browns-qb-respond-220914509.html

Sorry Mr. Bosa, you cared so much about The Ohio State University football program you skipped out on 10 games plus the Bowl game because you were afraid it would hurt your draft status.... Trust me, the love from Buckeye Nation for pulling that stunt is minimal, though I suspect you don't give a rat about it.   Seems injury history runs in your family....  

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

I don't see how they lose many games. Their defense is filthy, their QB is accurate and doesn't hold the ball, and they can run on everyone with multiple backs. Oh, and they have the best FB. 

And Shanahan has that running game going. Matt Breida is sick fast. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gorka said:

The whole world knows Baker is cocky. Sherman played that cleverly by lying about him not shaking hands pre-game.

It had supposedly got the Niner's more pumped then they already were. Baker only did it to himself.

I used to think its OK to be cocky if you're good...but man..

Sherman doesn't give a fat rats ass about the game.  He was building his brand by lying about the handshake.  he got 300 million dollars worth of air time and now says "why all the fuss about a hand shake?"

10 hours ago, htownbrown said:

For someone who barely cared about winning titles at OSU, this guy sure did take the flag thing seriously.  I mean, did he even bother to go to that game?  

He sure did.  It was the year before he suffered an injury that would have taken him out the rest of the regular season. Not sure why you think he barely cared about winning titles at osu.

10 hours ago, hoorta said:

Saw this as I was exiting the Survivor pool.  FYI

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/richard-sherman-via-fiction-added-to-the-baker-mayfield-pile-on-how-will-browns-qb-respond-220914509.html

Sorry Mr. Bosa, you cared so much about The Ohio State University football program you skipped out on 10 games plus the Bowl game because you were afraid it would hurt your draft status.... Trust me, the love from Buckeye Nation for pulling that stunt is minimal, though I suspect you don't give a rat about it.   Seems injury history runs in your family....  

Hoorta sorry but you are severely mistaken about the bosa thing and "skipping out on 10 games and the bowl game".  Only game he MAY have been back for was the bowl game.  OSU, while it does have a great training and medical staff, has to care and take care of over 100 players.  Nick got round the clock 1 on 1 rehab and treatment by a team focused solely on getting him back healthy. He hardly quit on his team like so many say. He was in constant (daily) contact with LJ,  Jayln, quite a few of the other dlineman, and talked nearly every other day with urban and plenty of other teammates. His teammates and coaches loved him as evidenced by their continued contact and how he was greeted when he showed up to the woody 4 seperate times throughout the season and practice out in California during rose bowl week. That reception was televised if you care to see the love and hugs everyone had for him. If his teammates and coaches who know more than the fans thought he quit or didn't care would they greet him like that? If you were in the woody when nick addressed the team you definitely wouldn't say he didn't care.  It was extremely emotional and nick multiple times had to be comforted by his team.  This was a decision taken out of his hands by injury team doctors his dad and ultimately Urban.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

He sure did.  It was the year before he suffered an injury that would have taken him out the rest of the regular season. Not sure why you think he barely cared about winning titles at osu.

Because people like to hate things they don't and can't understand. Bosa had a hernia and could have come back MAYBE for a bowl game without national championship implications, but risk re injury and draft status. It's easy for arm chair fans to say they'd come back, hurr durr, when they aren't in the position to potentially lose 10's of millions of dollars if they got hurt again. Meanwhile, Bosa along with McCaffrey who also sat out are essentially two of the top 5 young talents in the NFL.

Anywho, after digesting this information the point in general still stands. It's obvious Baker does and says things to get people riled up to take him down. If you play like a franchise QB, IDGAF what you say in front of a microphone. But when you throw up stats as posted, you gotta humble yourself. I really hope someone gets to Baker on that, I think it will go a loooong way.

• Upvote 1

Nope. I think other players rile themselves up, but the underlying reason is they are jealous. Baker gets a lot of attention, I love his "home" commercials, etc.

But, the Browns mistake was trading their OG on the right side. Robinson can't stay at LT next year - he loses the war badly when he is up against near the top competition.  I've seen the Browns' oline rated as 25th worst. They play worse than that vs top defenses.

Even the Chief's offensive line, which was playing very well, was never the most talented line. But now they have lost a few players I think, and it shows. They just came back to reality - only scored 19 points on the Colts, and lost.

Let's put this into perspective:

https://tv5.espn.com/nfl/recap?gameId=401128053

"On defense, the Colts spent most of the night in the Kansas City backfield, plugging up holes in the running game and relentlessly pressuring the reigning league MVP on passing downs.

Mahomes was sacked four times and hit plenty more. At one point in the second half, Cam Erving was pushed so far into Mahomes' face that the backup left tackle stepped on his quarterback's ankle, leaving Mahomes to hobble to the sideline when Kansas City was forced to punt."

and Mahomes has Travis Kelce. Not Pharoah Brown. Even on a bad day...bad oline play...Kelce couldn't help much.

He had the drops. Bad oline, bad/off a bit throws.

Kelce caught four of 10 targets for 70 yards in Sunday's 19-13 loss to the Colts.

It happens. the Browns will bounce back.

4 hours ago, bjh2130 said:

Hoorta sorry but you are severely mistaken about the bosa thing and "skipping out on 10 games and the bowl game".  Only game he MAY have been back for was the bowl game.  OSU, while it does have a great training and medical staff, has to care and take care of over 100 players.  Nick got round the clock 1 on 1 rehab and treatment by a team focused solely on getting him back healthy. He hardly quit on his team like so many say. He was in constant (daily) contact with LJ,  Jayln, quite a few of the other dlineman, and talked nearly every other day with urban and plenty of other teammates. His teammates and coaches loved him as evidenced by their continued contact and how he was greeted when he showed up to the woody 4 seperate times throughout the season and practice out in California during rose bowl week. That reception was televised if you care to see the love and hugs everyone had for him. If his teammates and coaches who know more than the fans thought he quit or didn't care would they greet him like that? If you were in the woody when nick addressed the team you definitely wouldn't say he didn't care.  It was extremely emotional and nick multiple times had to be comforted by his team.  This was a decision taken out of his hands by injury team doctors his dad and ultimately Urban.

Well, I  guess I  was wrong about  Bosa's OSU  history sorry. The inside  stuff  wasn't  well  publicized.

• Upvote 1

Yes Sherman lied, but everyone seems to be missing the part (unless I misunderstood) that he wasn't the one who brought it out. He said something to some reporter, who is good friends with Hue and the guy posted the story.

4 minutes ago, Gunz41 said:

Yes Sherman lied, but everyone seems to be missing the part (unless I misunderstood) that he wasn't the one who brought it out. He said something to some reporter, who is good friends with Hue and the guy posted the story.

He brought it out to the reporter, a flat out lie.  The reporter didn't say "hey did Baker shake your hand?"  He posted photos on his twitter of when the supposed shake was suppose to have happened.  It was all Sherman making it up. 

“What’s amazing, and annoying, was him not shaking hands at the beginning,” Sherman said, “That’s some college shit. It’s ridiculous. We’re all trying to get psyched up, but shaking hands with your opponent—that’s NFL etiquette. And when you pull bush league stuff, that’s disrespectful to the game. And believe me, that’s gonna get us fired up.”

How exactly is that on the reporter? Its not some hue conspiracy it was literally Richard Sherman flat out telling a lie.

Just now, tiamat63 said:

Sherm man'd up, apologized and said he will do the same to Baker personally because he "deserves" it.  Even said he would prefer calling him.    Sign of decency is admitting when you fucked up and making amends.

Moving on with our lives now....

I agree about the moving on but trying to blame it on the reporter is bogus. 

4 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

He brought it out to the reporter, a flat out lie.  The reporter didn't say "hey did Baker shake your hand?"  He posted photos on his twitter of when the supposed shake was suppose to have happened.  It was all Sherman making it up. 

If this is proven to be 100% true it will be a big black eye for Sherman and anyone else who is associated with this little"caper".  I guess we all just wait and see.......and hope that is the case.

Will Mayfield be completely exonerated in this?  Maybe.