THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns at 49ers - Official MNF thread

6 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

good to see this board goes up in flames just as quickly  as the other fanbase board I'm apart of haha

We all knew we had a rough front half the schedule.  I was expecting 3-4 after the first 7 and that it still very much doable. The division is not very good this year if we were to get to 3-4 I still think we win it

• Upvote 1

Meh. 

Second youngest team in the NFL making mistakes and turning the ball over to many times.... (I still can’t believe that Calloway turn of events...)

Get on the plane and start in the film room tomorrow. 

To many games left to start whining already. 

• Upvote 5

9 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

We can not trade for Williams unless we ship someone like Vernon for him.  It will put us in cap hell. Also I blame you for this loss.  We're 2-0 with Nero starting the gameday thread this year and now 0-3 when anyone else does

Our offense is bad. It may be a reaction or overreaction, but the OLine being adressed now may help the overall of the team more then hurt it. 

😂 random Browns fan in Florida here! Accepting responsibility for the L!

...I just wanna apologize to the team..I let you guys down, and the coaches. It won’t happen again. We’re gonna get this right, Browns nation. 

• Upvote 3

This game proves that talk is indeed cheap.

But nevertheless GO BROWNS, just win the next one......baby!

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

Pretty easy to figure out the Browns

1. Baker has trouble against zone defense 

2. The oline is garbage

3. The defense is fast and is over pursuing everything 

4. Our coaching is sub-par

But, hey, we have a great punter

Seibert and Gillan are the two best players on this team so far

3 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Fucking alcoholic.

Mass quantities of booze help when you're getting killed. 

2 hours ago, steelersfan412 said:

Yes, that is true.

Why are you one of the ones who always tries to start shit? Were you one of the kids that was always picked on in school or something?

I'm here to watch the Browns game, and chat, and hope they win.

2 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

Other than Kizer, I've never seen a worse red zone qb than Baker. He's absolutely awful and we're actually getting worse. 

Just chill. Or you miss Callaway turning a ball that hit him in the hands into a 14 point swing? 

2 hours ago, medicineman said:

This is not a playoff team. We are no better than Miami at this point

This is awful 

Yeah, it's awful, but the Browns are way better than Miami at this point. 

2 hours ago, steelersfan412 said:

9ers front 4 are winning this. They're dropping the backs into coverage. Mayfield's first read isn't open. His second, if he has time, isn't open.
Need some more screens and shovels to Chubbs.

Thank you. The doom & gloom squad is out in full force. It wouldn't have mattered much what the Browns tried tonight, they were totally butt-whipped by a superior team. The concerning thing is last year Baker was deadly accurate. This game (and others) he missed several open guys (OBJ) by throwing uncatchable balls in their general direction. That and the Browns d-line essentially leaving Garrapolo essentially untouched. Myles sack was the only high point. 

55 minutes ago, Vambo said:

How stupid was having OBJ returning punts

Desperate times call for desperate measures. Yeah- but I agree, the game was out of reach, no reason to risk OBJ getting injured at that point. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Icecube said:

I just don't know how the Steelers even stayed with them. 

The Steelers have one of the better O lines in the league, the matchup disparity in that category wasn't as significant. O lines seem to be underrated, but it really shows when you're up against a team with a fast and powerful D line. The Steelers also have a healthy secondary. Once the Browns get some CBs back they should be able to bring a little more LB pressure forward to the line to stop the run. Thats what really hurt them tonight. The Steelers also put more pressure on Garoppolo, which the Browns probably would have been able to do had there been more secondary coverage, but that all falls back to the injury problem. The defense looked almost as off-kilter as the offense did, safety's pushing up because of the run, and LBs hanging back afraid of the pass.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Furious Styles said:

Has all the markings of an analytics/moneyball/marketing personnel move verses a FOOTBALL move.

On the nose man. Analytics must have predicted the O line to be better on paper, and the moneyball said they needed to free up cap space to fit in OBJ. I told Gip the other day that I didn't see the Browns WRs having much of an impact in this game for the simple fact that Mayfield wouldn't have the time to get the ball to them. The talent the Browns have on WR only makes a difference against teams with a mediocre or average D and Mayfield has time to stand and find the ones who get open.

Lots of Browns fans there tonight. Really nice stadium.  We were treated to one of the worst performances that I can remember.

I’ve defended the Oline this year.  They were bad tonight.  I saw a guy on his @$$ a ton of plays.  No one seemed to be able to hold a block.  I don’t think enough credit was given to the Niner front- We won’t face a better front.  

The play calls were again atrocious.  

Baker is not a read progression QB yet.  He also missed some throws tonight.  He had “happy feet” after the first couple drives.

The Niners are relentless blockers.  I felt the refs missed a few holding calls but overall we didn’t get off blocks and they had hat on hat sustained blocks at the second level all night.  I was wrong in thinking the Ravens had a better running attack. Jimmy G was pretty good.  He missed a few throws and we bailed him out on occasion but he’s leading a playoff team right now. 

We can build on this special team effort otherwise We looked like we didn’t prepare all week and didn’t execute at all on Monday.  I think we made some bad mistakes early things snow balled and we didn’t a get a bounce all game. 

we need to simplify the offense. We need guys healthy- are we we hurt or injured?  Burn this tape 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Total domination by SF. Still in shock that they had the ball for 13 mins in the 3rd quarter. The 49ers/Steelers final score is very misleading. The 49ers dominated that game and moved the ball at will against them, the only reason why the final score was close was due to the 5 turnovers (most self-inflicted) that SF had. They were inside the Steelers 30 multiple times. The next game is nut up or shut up for this team, no excuses.

1 hour ago, steelersfan412 said:

On the nose man. Analytics must have predicted the O line to be better on paper, and the moneyball said they needed to free up cap space to fit in OBJ. I told Gip the other day that I didn't see the Browns WRs having much of an impact in this game for the simple fact that Mayfield wouldn't have the time to get the ball to them. The talent the Browns have on WR only makes a difference against teams with a mediocre or average D and Mayfield has time to stand and find the ones who get open.

We continue to not utilize OBJ and Landry correctly.  They are YAC WRs.  Get ball in their hands let them run after catch.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SdBacker80 said:

We continue to not utilize OBJ and Landry correctly.  They are YAC WRs.  Get ball in their hands let them run after catch.  

Was saying exactly that well before, and during the game. It didn't happen though. The play calling from the start was terrible, and once you're in that hole its hard to justify changing to a quick slant from the bunch or screen playbook, but its what they needed to do and didn't. It looked like Kitchens' prep for this week was "it worked against the ravens, it'll work again".

After the game Freddie seemed rather shell shocked and confused on what happened. Almost like the stage was to big for him. I hope that’s not the case but he sure did seem at a loss after this game. At least he didn’t prattle on about film.  He wasn’t sure about added plays tho. I really hope he learns by this and not just go through the motions. Chubb looked good but once again, they waited to long to start using him. Oh well, on to the next

Freddie kitchenzz series of unfortunate events....

We are not ready for primetime...

Baker needs to shut his pie hole and focus....

We definitely regressed...

Lots of season to go!!! 

GO BROWNS!!!

11 minutes ago, lodilobo said:

The o line is crap, and was totally dominated by SF. Kitchens was out coached...Mayfield was terrible, and the defense sucked. Other than that, we played ok.

Yep, just like Rebecca from Cheers when told by her rich boyfriend that she is definitely in the lead over his other girlfriend. "I'm winning!" LOL!

We just moved up 8 spots to lucky #13 in the NFL draft order. We're winning!!😂

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001063586/article/2020-nfl-draft-order-redskins-no-2-giants-slip-into-top-10

7 hours ago, hoorta said:

Thank you. The doom & gloom squad is out in full force. It wouldn't have mattered much what the Browns tried tonight, they were totally butt-whipped by a superior team. The concerning thing is last year Baker was deadly accurate. This game (and others) he missed several open guys (OBJ) by throwing uncatchable balls in their general direction. That and the Browns d-line essentially leaving Garrapolo essentially untouched. Myles sack was the only high point.  

Gotta agree here, we got beat by the better team. I don’t know if it was an extra week of rest or if Bosa’s chip on his shoulder also had a jet pack, but their DL was scary good. I saw Bitonio get bowled over on a play. I think the only hope for the rest of the AFC is that their DLinemen get injured or suspended by the time the Superbowl rolls around. They’ll have an extra week of rest then too. And presumably jet packs again.

Although an official thread from Nero with asterisks may have helped. Clearly we needed all the good juju we could get...

My thoughts, in no particular order:

-Freddie continues to show his stubborn ways and frankly, bad head coaching skills thus far. From the little things (not deferring the ball after winning the toss) to the bigger stuff (still extremely undisciplined penalties, offensive scheme in general), it's just no bueno. I'm not going to say the rails are off, but we're tilting badly.

-To expand, our offense should look like EXACTLY what made SF so effective last night. Quick throws to our athletic players set up by the run. Someone smarter (and with more time) than me I hope will deep dive into this. As you'll see in the thread, I took a second to review one pass play and the time before pressure was 3.2 seconds. That wasn't an anomaly, it's a theme. Kitchens refuses to give up his precious vertical passing game without having the personnel to do it. The woes of our offense strictly start with that, before the line play or Baker.

-Baker's weaknesses are getting exposed, big time. 

-It's time to get our starters back in the secondary (although I'm still very happy about our depth).

-Again, line play is mediocre at best and bad at times. But to me, the significantly bigger issue is the scheme and Baker holding the ball.

Oof fellas, oof.

• Thanks 1

Decided to steer clear of here last night during the dumpster fire but can't stay silent today.  Things that were solidified for me.  We thought the offensive line is sub par and it clearly is.  Now to the best of my knowledge no one in here works for the Browns but I'm a like sketchy on how John Dorsey didn't realize this.  Baker is Baker.  With a clean pocket and time he can hit receivers but under duress he absolutely worthless.  Baker is also a self-apologist, ego maniac and clearly not a leader as we saw OBJ trying to rally the troops instead of Baker.  The defense is solid.  They can use some fine tuning but if they are supported by a competent offense I think they can keep this team in games.  And I'm still holding my breath that the DB we selected FUCKING 4th can actually get on the field and play like the FUCKING 4th pick, oh wait he's a Buckeye can we criticize him.....

1 hour ago, BaconHound said:

Decided to steer clear of here last night during the dumpster fire but can't stay silent today.  Things that were solidified for me.  We thought the offensive line is sub par and it clearly is.  Now to the best of my knowledge no one in here works for the Browns but I'm a like sketchy on how John Dorsey didn't realize this.  Baker is Baker.  With a clean pocket and time he can hit receivers but under duress he absolutely worthless.  Baker is also a self-apologist, ego maniac and clearly not a leader as we saw OBJ trying to rally the troops instead of Baker.  The defense is solid.  They can use some fine tuning but if they are supported by a competent offense I think they can keep this team in games.  And I'm still holding my breath that the DB we selected FUCKING 4th can actually get on the field and play like the FUCKING 4th pick, oh wait he's a Buckeye can we criticize him.....

The Defense is NOT solid.   I'm waiting to see the SUPERSTARDOM in Vernon because SF ran right at him on the play Breida eventually got his speed up over 22 MPH.  This guy is supposed to be a great pass rusher but he seems more content and consistent with peak-a-boo.

I'm waiting to see Richardson play like the 1st round talent he's supposed to be. 

The tackling in our secondary is a mess.  Guys were in position to stop first downs on first contact - IF they could tackle. They couldn't.

Offensively, they were unprepared from the Head Coach down.  No excuses, Freddie is calling the plays and he had no idea what SF was made of. None. 

Just venting here but I gotta be honest. 

Last year, we had a lot of discussions in the 2nd half of the year how Baker's ability to get rid of the ball quickly (and accurately) actually made the offensive line look better in pass pro.  Somebody might want to show Baker some of that film again; because that was a huge strength that disappeared like a Houdini rabbit. This year, Baker has a different QB Coach replacing Zampese.  Before anyone wants to remind me Zampese sucked as an OC in Cincy; that doesn't mean he sucked as a QB Coach there or here.  Cincy was 12-4 in Hue's last year as OC; but he sucked as a HC and OC here.  Zampese had a positive impact on Baker in 2018 reflected in the much better performance. Right now, Baker is either not getting good QB coaching or he doesn't respect is QB Coach enough to be coached up by him. 

Another thing I thought Baker was really good at last year was throwing a pass over 1 defender to our Receivers in front of the next defender. He layered it in - while far too many of his throws are sailing high. 

The game plans seem to be forcing OBJ's involvement to the extent of smoke and mirrors giving off the vibe to our opponent "is this really all they can do with OBJ today? How thoughtful!"  I was hoping the sum of what we got in offensive coordination last year plus whatever new wrinkles the new OC (that hasn't been allowed to call the plays in Cleveland yet just like he couldn't under Dirk Koetter in TB) could at least add to the playbook. 

I think Jeff Foxworthy wants us to know - "You might be a red neck if you came up with idea that a crappy TE like Pharaoh Brown should block Nick Bosa in pass pro."  Even worse, what knucklehead improved such an idea?  If you want to lose the buy-in from players - that'll do it.  What is that guy still doing on this roster?  I thought they were going to do a screen pass with the inevitable but no such luck.

There was a lot of stupidity in our leadership on the sideline and during the week of preparation that made SF play their perfect game.  I remembered Freddie saying heading into the TN game that the Browns had been preparing for TN for 3 weeks.  18-19 penalties and a lopsided margin of defeat later - I gotta wonder WTF they prepared for.  Both losses vrs TN and SF aren't easy to forget or sugarcoat.  The Browns and Coaching Staff made both opponents look a lot better than they have looked against many of their other opponents.  It looked like we had Rain Man playing our Gridiron Chess...

If we have the right leadership (from coaches and players), this stuff gets cleaned up THIS week.  It doesn't get any easier though. Russell Wilson is coming to town with the top completion % for most of 2019 and an elusiveness making him tough to tackle.   Miles Garrett says he wants to be an MVP, how about looking like Nick Bosa looked against us?  That wouldn't suck.  We know we have the play makers on both sides of the ball.  If this team prepares like it should - game days won't be so freakin disappointing.  It was proven at Ratville just last week...

44 minutes ago, Flugel said:

The Defense is NOT solid.   I'm waiting to see the SUPERSTARDOM in Vernon because SF ran right at him on the play Breida eventually got his speed up over 22 MPH.  This guy is supposed to be a great pass rusher but he seems more content and consistent with peak-a-boo.

I'm waiting to see Richardson play like the 1st round talent he's supposed to be. 

The tackling in our secondary is a mess.  Guys were in position to stop first downs on first contact - IF they could tackle. They couldn't.

Offensively, they were unprepared from the Head Coach down.  No excuses, Freddie is calling the plays and he had no idea what SF was made of. None. 

Just venting here but I gotta be honest. 

I don't disagree, but I don't think it's irrelevant to mention that poor tackling is often the result of tired players. 22:17 to 37:43 in favor of the 49ers last night. That's simply absurd and is going to result in some of the things you're describing even with elite defenses.

• Upvote 1

My favorite thing about this thread is how you guys started it by saying how great your team is and how you expected just to tear San Fran up, and then once the game began,  it just started deteriorating pretty quickly.  The Browns have the most delusional fans I have ever seen.  You guys don't see reality, but I'm here to tell you, your team is the joke of the league.  Sure, you guys came in last week against us and executed a well prepared game plan,  but even after that game, only Cleveland fans felt the hype.  Nobody else can take you all seriously.  It would take a lot more than one well-played game for that to happen.  Then last night, the Browns got back to being the Browns.  I laughed and laughed and laughed some more.  Don't you all find it funny how, even if you pick up talented players, Cleveland doesn't know how to win.  Good teams take average players and make them good...the Browns always find a way to take good players and make them bad.  Only you guys bought into the hype that you were gonna be the team to beat, everyone else said, "It's Cleveland, no threat there".  Shit, even on the Cincinnati boards, the team that hadn't won shit, are still talking smack about you.  That should say something.    Your team is nothing but made of a bunch of losers.  I just wanted to give you heads up since you guys can't really tell what is going on.

9 minutes ago, Raven5220 said:

My favorite thing about this thread is how you guys started it by saying how great your team is and how you expected just to tear San Fran up, and then once the game began,  it just started deteriorating pretty quickly.  The Browns have the most delusional fans I have ever seen.  You guys don't see reality, but I'm here to tell you, your team is the joke of the league.  Sure, you guys came in last week against us and executed a well prepared game plan,  but even after that game, only Cleveland fans felt the hype.  Nobody else can take you all seriously.  It would take a lot more than one well-played game for that to happen.  Then last night, the Browns got back to being the Browns.  I laughed and laughed and laughed some more.  Don't you all find it funny how, even if you pick up talented players, Cleveland doesn't know how to win.  Good teams take average players and make them good...the Browns always find a way to take good players and make them bad.  Only you guys bought into the hype that you were gonna be the team to beat, everyone else said, "It's Cleveland, no threat there".  Shit, even on the Cincinnati boards, the team that hadn't won shit, are still talking smack about you.  That should say something.    Your team is nothing but made of a bunch of losers.  I just wanted to give you heads up since you guys can't really tell what is going on.

you came here to troll.. Genius!