THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns at 49ers - Official MNF thread

Baker to be honest has looked nothing but below average this entire season. It’s not an overreaction to be concerned about his progress. 

Its very hard to believe having 4+ seconds on a play like that doesn’t have a throw. Bosa is a monster but I could sack QB who simply isn’t throwing the ball. 

4 minutes ago, hx214 said:

Guess Freddie didn’t learn his lesson last time not running Chubb. Oh well. There is always next week Freddie.

In his defense, he has been running Chubb, but the 49ers defensive front are playing pretty solid in shutting Chubb down. Plus, it's hard to stick with the run when you're down by 17.

3 minutes ago, jbluhm86 said:

Where the fuck is our O-line, man? Dorsey is a good GM on the whole, but he really gutted our O-line this off-season with seemingly no plan to fix it. 

He wanted to spend the $ to get Mayfield some weapons, at the expense of protection. It's showing here. But I fully expect Dorsey to make some trades to try to mitigate this.

7 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

Well fellas got too busy a day tomorrow to waste another beer on this shit show. 

I strictly blame this on Nero for not starting the game day thread. Shame man, shame.

I play by the rules of starting the thread at 0:00 ET.  

I might post the next gameday thread tomorrow, at this pace... 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, jbluhm86 said:

In his defense, he has been running Chubb, but the 49ers defensive front are playing pretty solid in shutting Chubb down. Plus, it's hard to stick with the run when you're down by 17.

Not hard to run with a guy at any point in the game if he can hit home runs everytime he touches the ball. 

You get to 1st and goal you run it 2 maybe 3 times with the beast.

Better oline play is #1 priority now and off season.  Need to connect on the play action when we can because mentally Baker isn't playing up to speed.  At least, a speed that this Oline can give.   Chubb us an animal but he can't carry this team every week..

Edit. Can a brother get some QB boot action?!

Wills refusing to play guys up, it’s comically easy throws and catches.Also lesson numero uno on why you never start on offense when you win the toss.

The sad truth is teams are fucking hyped to shit talk this team, and we’re getting punched in the mouth as a result. In a weird way I’m fine seeing this team get humbled. 

1 minute ago, beare said:

the problem starts with mayfield he has looked average at best this season

Its hard to look better than average when you've got no time to throw and you're flushed out of the pocket or, worse, sacked every time you play against a decent defense. This problem starts with the O line.

First game I've turned off in quite a while. They ought to be ashamed of themselves. And people said playoffs. GTFO. 

If anything, this game is prime example of how much of an idiot Ghoolie was when it came to critiquing football. Had to listen to him bitch for years about the O-line being "dime-a-dozen fatasses" and how having weapons were more of a priority. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, TypicalBrowns50 said:

I just can’t believe how quickly things went off the rails. Bad bad look. Kitchens playcalling again is just not consistent. And how are we so bad in the red zone?????!!!!

one of those times was pretty fluky... should have come away with 7. Just bad luck there.

I don't think the play calling was inconsistent, rather, consistently bad. Kitchens wanted to develop the run game to open up the passing game. He should have been calling screens and short crossing routes to back the D off and open up the running game.

While secondary to the main problems tonight, our defensive scheme is just so lousy. Kudos big time to the 49ers, but that  Kittle first down was so unbelievably obvious. We have two guys 15 yards down field and one guy to stop the best TE in football, two times in a row. It’s making my blood boil just as much as the offense.

I live in the Bay Area and no one thought the Browns could beat the 9ers.  People here find the Kitchens situation incomprehensible.  They had a good management team at the end of last year and fired everyone.  Dorsey makes some good moves but guts the O line.  Baker is not a running QB who could survive the rush.  This is Bosa's first worthy game.  If you notice how fast the SF QB gets rid of the ball...does not hold it.  

Long way to go for the Browns.  Liked the coaches at the end of last year better than these guys.  Personal opinion based on what i have learned listening to Lou the Toe and Jim Brown battle the Giants on the radio until now.  Best to all.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Duckpins said:

I live in the Bay Area and no one thought the Browns could beat the 9ers.  People here find the Kitchens situation incomprehensible.  They had a good management team at the end of last year and fired everyone.  Dorsey makes some good moves but guts the O line.  Baker is not a running QB who could survive the rush.  This is Bosa's first worthy game.  If you notice how fast the SF QB gets rid of the ball...does not hold it.  

Long way to go for the Browns.  Liked the coaches at the end of last year better than these guys.  Personal opinion based on what i have learned listening to Lou the Toe and Jim Brown battle the Giants on the radio until now.  Best to all.

Nah.

25 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

First game I've turned off in quite a while. They ought to be ashamed of themselves. And people said playoffs. GTFO. 

i havnt yet but damn close

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ATOM said:

i havnt yet but damn close

Do it, get some sleep. I'm just so pissed that I looked forward to this crap so much and we didn't even get 5 minutes of cheering in. And those wins we think we're getting in the 2nd half of the season? Yeah right. Baker is in serious trouble and if he has multiple games like this it's going to get ugly.