THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns at 49ers - Official MNF thread

Cleveland is seeking back to back wins and to defend the AFCN crown after an impressive win at Baltimore.

Nick Chubb, fresh off a 3 TD game, is hoping to run wild as the return of Hollywood Higgins and AC11 should help stretch the field and create some serious matchup issues. 

The defense looks to continue creating turnovers with great hitting and good pressures on opposing QBs. 

49ers have some legit talent on both sides. Nick Bosa, Dee Ford can create issues. Safety Jimmie Ward might be returning from a broken finger. Young corner Emmanuel Moseley and Richard Sherman will have their hands full.

Jimmy G is accurate. George Kittle broke the record with 1336 receiving yards last year. Really good RBs with Coleman, Breida, and Mostert. 

Go Browns!!

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Nero said:

¿Qué? 

One of our English idioms Nero. To serve someone a knuckle sandwich is "to punch them in the mouth."

Just like it's weird for those who don't know Spanish when you say yo tengo hambre or sed.   :) 

5 minutes ago, hoorta said:

One of our English idioms Nero. To serve someone a knuckle sandwich is "to punch them in the mouth."

Just like it's weird for those who don't know Spanish when you say yo tengo hambre or sed.   :) 

My comment was directed to the thread. 

Does this mean this is the "Official" thread and that I don't have to wake up at 6am?

2 minutes ago, Nero said:

My comment was directed to the thread. 

Does this mean this is the "Official" thread and that I don't have to wake up at 6am?

I'll declare it to be "official" Nero. If our one trick wonder thread starter shows up, I'll just merge it with this one.... For some reason, I can't edit thread titles anymore, though a few months ago I got some enhanced Mod powers,  & can kick people off the Board... 

• Sad 1

Just now, hoorta said:

I'll declare it to be "official" Nero. If our one trick wonder thread starter shows up, I'll just merge it with this one.... For some reason, I can't edit thread titles anymore, though a few months ago I got some enhanced Mod powers,  & can kick people off the Board... 

I had already written some stuff so I could post it first thing in the morning. May as well wake up at 7 am now lol. 

Fuck it, at least it's not the bot.

Let's go Browns! 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Nero said:

I had already written some stuff so I could post it first thing in the morning. May as well wake up at 7 am now lol. 

Fuck it, at least it's not the bot.

Let's go Browns! 

I have to wonder if Bot Boy does that for all 32 teams... :)  

33 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

History says the Browns should win, since they hold a 12-7 lead over the 49ers in the 19 NFL games they have played. 

Why would the past, as wrong as you are about it.....have anything to do with the outcome of this game? 

33 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

26 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Why would the past, as wrong as you are about it.....have anything to do with the outcome of this game? 

The past is prologue. 

And 12 (the amount of Browns wins vs the 49ers in NFL games) + 7 (the amount of 49ers wins vs the Browns in NFL games) does = 19, yes? 

(After careful counting on all my fingers and 9 of my 10 toes, I have concluded that, yes Virginia, 12+7=19)

4 hours ago, hoorta said:

I dunno. There is a distinct lack of asterisks and no mention of the word “official” in the title. I don’t think we can risk messing with good juju. 

Hi, Browns fans!  😀  Two NFL team on the rise play tonight on primetime, as our  2-2 Cleveland Browns are in the West Coast to play the  undefeated, 3-0, and NFC West leading San Francisco 49ers to conclude the Week 5 NFL regular season action,  for ESPN's Monday Night Football.  Browns are playing their first NFL game at the 49ers Levi's Stadium down south in Santa Clara, CA. Browns move on from their disappointing loss at FirstEnergy Stadium to the Los Angeles Rams. But the 49ers are coming from the Week 4 bye week.

Cleveland is playing their second  Monday Night Football game in 2019, defeating at the New York Jets 23-3 at MetLife Stadium in New Jersey back on September 16. Browns are also appearing in their 31st Monday Night Football appearance since it began on ABC-TV in 1970, with their current 16-14 overall all-time record, including 10-10 at Cleveland, and 6-4 on the road entering tonight.

Cleveland and San Francisco have played together ion MNF before,  with the Browns defeating the 49ers by the score of 23-13 at Cleveland Municipal Stadium  back on September 13, 1993.

But the 49ers currently have the most victories on MNF out of  all NFL teams entering tonight with 48 victories.  However,  San Francisco  lost their last two MNF games played during the 2018 regular season.  Packers defeated the 49ers 33-30 at Lambeau Field back on October 2015, and later the New York Football Giants defeated the 49ers 27-23 at Levi's Stadium, on November 12, 2018.

Cleveland is playing a road game at the San Francisco 49ers for the first time in 8 years, in the four-year interdivisional rotation where the AFC North teams play the NFC West teams in 2019.  Browns seek their first regular season win at the 49ers for the first time in more than 16 years.

Browns last defeated the 49ers in San Francisco back on September 21, 2003.  49ers lead through early in the fourth quarter with four field goals by their kicker Oen Pochman from 38, 44, 46, and 36 yards.  But  Browns QB Kelly Holcomb  scored two touchdowns passes to Andre Davis, from 2 yards and 11 yards, followed by a Phil Dawson PAT, to win 13-12 at Candlestick Park.

San Francisco later defeated Cleveland in the recent and last game both teams played at Candlestick Park, losing 20-10 back on October 30, 2011. A Colt McCoy 45 yard pass play to Joshua Cribbs, plus Phil Dawson's PAT and 52-yard FG, was the only points the Browns can score in the loss.

Cleveland won the most recent game over San Francisco played at FirstEnergy Stadium four years ago.  Browns RB Isaiah Crowell scored two touchdown runs from 1 yard and 3 yards, and Johnny Manziel threw the games only touchdown with his 2-yard pass play to TE Gary Barnidge, along with Travis Coons PAT and 26-yard field goal to complete the game scoring. The game was the last win for Manziel as a Cleveland Brown, finishing 18 for 28 passed competed for 270 yards, 1TD, and 1 INT.

Cleveland still leads San Francisco in the all-time regular season series at 12-7-0, in tonight's 20th meeting. Browns also defeated the 49ers 34-14, in both teams first-ever regular season  meeting, back on November 12, 1950. 

A great night for primetime football in the Northern California Bay Area, as sunny and clear skies at 83 degrees, is the local gamecast inside Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara, for the  8:15 PM Eastern Standard Time kickoff, along with 0% precipitation, 25% humidity, and northwest winds at 13 miles per hour.

Browns and 49ers players, their coaching and team support staffs,  may also wear NFL authorized pink apparel and equipment, on the playing field during the progress of tonight's MNF game to support the NFL's annual 'A Crucial Catch' campaign throughout  October, with the other NFL teams, to support Breast Cancer Awareness Month.

Lead Referee Jerome Boger leads his NFL officiating crew to supervise the live game action on the playing field between the Browns and 49ers.

NO injuries to the Browns and 49ers players, and hope they win their first game at the 49ers in 16 years, and also win their first game at Levi's Stadium in their first visit.

HERE WE GO BROWN-NIES, HERE WE GO! WOOF! WOOF! WOOF WOOF!  BELIEVELAND!!!

2019 Browns @49ers ESPN Monday Night Football Broadcast Info, Team Injury Reports, Live NFL Game Center, And NFL's 'A Crucial Catch' Links:

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/browns-at-49ers-how-to-watch-listen-stream-announcers-and-more

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/team/injury-report/

https://www.49ers.com/team/injury-report/

https://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2019100700/2019/REG5/browns@49ers

https://www.nfl.com/crucialcatch

https://tunein.com/radio/Cleveland-Browns-s275677/

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

I dunno. There is a distinct lack of asterisks and no mention of the word “official” in the title. I don’t think we can risk messing with good juju. 

Nope, our bot is .500 at best. If the only thing you're interested in on the board is to start one thread- just to start a game day thread, well.... Done deal. I promised Nero I'd merge it. I'm a man of my word. 

Equal time to share the spotlight. That has zero bearing on who's going to win the game.  As the Midnight Watchman around here... maybe next week I'll start the thread.  :D  

13 hours ago, nickers said:

I expect the Browns to serve the 9er's a big knuckle sandwich!.. Especially after Shanny's 'text-gate'

It has been awful quiet in Berea this week. And you know ole Haslam still has to have a tight sphincter after the way shanta left him. Time to play payback. I wonder if Jimmah put down some extra incentive for the team?? And with the dirty miners only beating slug like teams, I really think we clobber them, 32-9 and sticking with it

33 minutes ago, flyingfooldoug said:

It has been awful quiet in Berea this week. And you know ole Haslam still has to have a tight sphincter after the way shanta left him. Time to play payback. 

I can't believe Shanahan would have a problem with his GM texting down to the sidelines in an attempt to tell him what plays to run and what players to play. The nerve of the guy. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

can't believe Shanahan would have a problem with his GM texting down to the sidelines in an attempt to tell him what plays to run and what players to play. The nerve of the guy. 

1UJo.gif   here was my Aunt Marie & Uncle Jim at the first site of it 🤣     

13 hours ago, hoorta said:

Instead of saying- I'm hungry, the literal Spanish is "I have hunger".    & FYI Yo tengo el delete button.  :)  

You have the wrong order there compadre. Yo tengo el button delete es mas correcto. Verdad Nero?😂

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

You have the wrong order there compadre. Yo tengo el button delete es mas correcto. Verdad Nero?😂

If he's not translating "delete button" I'd prefer the way H has said it. 

If he is translating it, then it would be as you said "Yo tengo el botón de eliminar".

20 minutes ago, Nero said:

If he's not translating "delete button" I'd prefer the way H has said it. 

If he is translating it, then it would be as you said "Yo tengo el botón de eliminar".

Comprendo, pero me gusta reirme de 'el. 🤣

1 hour ago, Marvin49 said:

Hey guys. It was fun hanging out with you on this Board all week. The bye week this early with an undefeated team was brutal. LOL. I needed my Niner football fix.

Now its Gameday. 

Good Luck tonight....but not too much.  :)

Peace. 

Definitely more tolerable lol 

good luck starting tomorrow 

hope you come back for the Super Bowl - part 2