THE BROWNS BOARD

Mitt Romney is an ignorant xxxx sombeitch

calfoxwc

19 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Once again blame the messenger for calling out the idiot in charge. Turkish airstrikes now underway in Syria. He's a stupid MFer.

Not at all. Doesn't matter what I think of Lindsey Graham, he's almost always been on the side of the military 'boots on the ground' factio. The Democrats, usually, the party you support now merely because of spite, spend a lot of time railing against foreign occupations and US troops in third world hell holes. Until, of course, Trump removes some of them then all of a sudden you guys are rattling sabers. PS I can see pros and cons of boots on the ground but let's not be hypocritical about it.

WSS

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

Not at all. Doesn't matter what I think of Lindsey Graham, he's almost always been on the side of the military 'boots on the ground' factio. The Democrats, usually, the party you support now merely because of spite, spend a lot of time railing against foreign occupations and US troops in third world hell holes. Until, of course, Trump removes some of them then all of a sudden you guys are rattling sabers. PS I can see pros and cons of boots on the ground but let's not be hypocritical about it.

WSS

I am not "you guys". I'm closer to Mattis and just about every other Military advisor than any of you here have ever been and I have always been happy the Kurds were one of the few who took on ISIS for us instead of a whole lot more US troops. And this is how we repay them? Shame on trumpy and any veteran who supports what he's doing to the Kurds.

Oh, and let me add ignoramus to my long list of descriptors for your "smarter than all the generals" orangeman. This f'n ignoramus is now using the excuse that since they didn't help us "in Normandy for example", then they really don't count. So much for retaliating against Turkey like the liar said he would do. And BTW Normandy is not only on the other side of Europe from the  Kurds, it's on the other side of the f'n Mediterranean for dumby's sake. Normandy indeed?!! Obviously trumpy slept through all history/geography courses from grade school on up.😴 

This is the ultimate blame the victim for being the victim, his specialty in life.👎

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/10/09/donald-trump-turkey-invasion-kurd-held-syria-bad-idea/3920404002/

Sorry tex until you vote for somebody other than a Democrat you are literally "you guys."

Like I said generals and Military Officers are almost always in favor of boots on the ground. Like I said I can see both sides of that issue. But as you might recall I was against Bush in the Afghanistan operation I was against Obama and the escalation of the Afghanistan situation and I think it's time to GTFO now. And yes I understand that's a different conflict but...

WSS

• Upvote 1

May as well pull a multiple response "cal" on this issue.  He's pissed off Liz Cheney now as well. Dick's baby daughter and #3 Rep in the House from my old home state of Wyoming. When you start losing Wyomingites, you start to lose the presidency. There is no state in the Union more Republican that that one, not even Texas.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/09/politics/turkey-syria-us-anger-ramifications/index.html

"News from Syria is sickening," Rep. Liz Cheney of Wyoming, the third-ranking Republican in the House, tweeted Wednesday, echoing lawmakers across the spectrum. "Turkish troops preparing to invade Syria from the north, Russian-backed forces from the south, ISIS fighters attacking Raqqa. Impossible to understand why @realDonaldTrump is leaving America's allies to be slaughtered and enabling the return of ISIS."

Say what you will Tex but Donald Trump campaigned on listening the United States military presence in foreign lands. Yes he stepped off the reservation with that campaign platform. If you are against that fair enough. On the other hand if you are just bitching because you hate the president and plant bitch no matter what happens, which is what I fake is the case...

WSS

well, having been in SAC, I suppose per Tex's ...feelings.... , I am an expert on global strategic initiatives. lol

However, let's talk. There are apparently only 500 battle troops in Syria.

Officially there are 503 troops in Syria and 5,262 in Iraq, according to the caps. But the new report from Defense puts the number of troops as 1,720 in Syria and 8,892 in Iraq. In Afghanistan, there are 15,298 active duty members of the military on the ground and another 1,202 Defense Department civilians.

Now, why in the hell, if I were president, would I leave, 1,720 troops in Syria, given that number, when

According to the MRG, there are around two-and-a-half million Kurds in Syria. According to the Syrian government sources, the Kurds comprised at least 7 % of Syrian population in 2003.

So, after years of us training, with American spec ops and other forces there, and surely endless conflict, given that the Russians use a Syrian AFB for the next 50 years...

imho, if Turkey goes in to destroy the troops we have actually working with... don't underestimate Pres Trump's ability to use

missiles and aircraft to take those Turkish troops out. Also, imho, Turkey has gotten very, way too close to russia and iran.

Turkey is in NATO, but I wonder that Turkey is going with Russia, Syria and Iran to be part of that groups domination of Syria, which Turkey would love to do. They equate all Kurds as terrorists as in their own country.

How is it, that in 2 1/2 million people, they don't have a military large enough, that Turkey would not go after?

The Kurds need to have a place to live.  Where the hell is the worthless "United Nations" now?

Give the Kurds their own country. Their own soveriegnty.

Our 1500 troops on the ground, are supposed to fight with the SDF, vs Syria, russia, Iran AND turkey?

Our troops are no longterm solution.

The problem is... Americans are working with the SDF.

NOT THE PKK.

It's complicated. Stay tuned.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/world/turkey-had-legitimate-security-concern-in-attacking-syrian-kurds-pompeo-says

4 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Say what you will Tex but Donald Trump campaigned on listening the United States military presence in foreign lands. Yes he stepped off the reservation with that campaign platform. If you are against that fair enough. On the other hand if you are just bitching because you hate the president and plant bitch no matter what happens, which is what I fake is the case...

WSS

You would be wrong. The one thing I did congratulate trump on was getting a number of experienced Military men high in his staff so he could get the best advice possible. I knew then he was ignorant of foreign affairs, but this gave hope. But since Mattis left I gave up complete hope he could make decent decisions regarding our national security and would continue to wreck our alliances as well as our State Department and overall intelligence gathering services. His narcissism is killing this country's defenses against some really bad dictators who are celebrating every day that we as a nation put him in office.

And I can't believe no one here has denigrated Liz Cheney yet. You guys are slipping in your strategy of support by denigration.🧐😂

EDIT: BTW-If you think Liz just threw that out there without consulting her Dad, you would be wrong. And being a former Sec. of Defense you can bet he's livid about this.

Tex -

if you were stationed in Syria...

would YOU want to stay there for years and years and years?

sounds like to me, if Pres Trump promised to expand our boots on the ground, you would go ballistic about another

quagmire, etc etc etc etc.

what I said already, this article also says it:

U.S. starts withdrawing troops from Syria but campaign not ...

https://www.haaretz.com/us-news/u-s-military...

Dec 19, 2018 · A complete withdrawal of U.S. troops from Syria would still leave a sizeable U.S. military presence in the region, including about 5,200 troops across the border in Iraq. Much of the U.S. campaign in Syria has been waged by warplanes flying out of Qatar and other locations in the Middle East.

17 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

You would be wrong. The one thing I did congratulate trump on was getting a number of experienced Military men high in his staff so he could get the best advice possible. I knew then he was ignorant of foreign affairs, but this gave hope. But since Mattis left I gave up complete hope he could make decent decisions regarding our national security and would continue to wreck our alliances as well as our State Department and overall intelligence gathering services. His narcissism is killing this country's defenses against some really bad dictators who are celebrating every day that we as a nation put him in office.

And I can't believe no one here has denigrated Liz Cheney yet. You guys are slipping in your strategy of support by denigration.🧐😂

EDIT: BTW-If you think Liz just threw that out there without consulting her Dad, you would be wrong. And being a former Sec. of Defense you can bet he's livid about this.

One more time military people are never going to support bringing troops home from anywhere. That's their thing. You just have to reconcile yourself to whether or not we are actually the world's policeman. Which in a lot of cases I think we are. The cheap lazy bastards in Europe can spend their money on other shit because we are wasting cash defending their miserable asses. On the other hand that should mean when push comes to shove they owe us. If that earns us grudging respect and fealty fine, if not fuck them.

Here's just one example. They certainly don't pay their Freight as far as NATO goes but turn around and purchase oil and gas from the ruskies. I have no problem with the Russians whatsoever but if we have to pay to defend the Europeans from them?

WSS

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Tex as a counselor you need to be honest with yourself. You are suffering from TDS. Trump has done many more positive things for this country other than building up our military. (and I am glad he did rebuild the military after Obama depleted it)

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

didn't answer, Tex. If you were stationed in Syria, would YOU want to stay there years and years ?

btw,

Here's a retired expert who applauds Pres Trump's move: