THE BROWNS BOARD

This Week in the AFC North

Zombo

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Biggest upset of the day was the Oakland Raiders over the Chicago Bears. And I see that the Packers are kind of hammering the Cowboys right now

And that's a good thing Gipper.... I put South Americas Team and their FRAK fans at #4 on the hate o meter right behind all our AFC North rivals.... 

1 minute ago, hoorta said:

And that's a good thing Gipper.... I put South Americas Team and their FRAK fans at #4 on the hate o meter right behind all our AFC North rivals.... 

Final   Packers 34, Cowgirls  24.

#4 behind AFCN rivals?  I am thinking that is just about right. 

1 minute ago, The Gipper said:

Final   Packers 34, Cowgirls  24.

#4 behind AFCN rivals?  I am thinking that is just about right. 

Oh, I have no love for the Rovin' Radahs, the Kroenke cop out Rams, and off in the distance the Chicago-St. Louis- Arizona Cardinals either. But since the Cards currently suck, can't hate on them too much for the sins of Bidwell. 

Wrote this up a couple days ago...

Good week last week.... took losses where I could afford them and killed it where I could not.

Let's keep it rolling...

Arizona @ Cincinnati (-3.5) --- Sun 10/06 12:00 PM

I can only assume that CIN was made the fav because they are at home... they sure haven't earned it.

AZ has shown more signs of life in one game than the Bagels have in four.... cumulativly.

Prediction: AZ 27 CIN 17

Baltimore @ Pittsburgh (+3.5) --- Sun 10/06 12:00 PM

Beware the home dog or bank on the rebound? Important decision as this is a Daily Double. I'll take the former...

I think we exposed BLT's Offense and it'll take more than a week for them to reinvent themselves... if they can. And while PTG does not have our D, they have a good D... more than good enough to keep BLT's O in check and probably chip in a score.

The rest of the time? PTG has enough on O... just enough... because they have QB who knows his limitations and is perfectly happy to dink his way to a “W”. That plus Conners looking rejuvenated ought to be enough.

Prediction: PTG 23 BLT 13

Cleveland @ San Francisco (-3.5) --- Mon 10/07 07:15 PM

It ain't going to be easy, but this week I think it will be...

We've found our identity on Offense. We're formidable on Defense.

Same can be said of SF, but I think we are showing just a bit more of those qualities... and we are learning how to win.

We build on a big, divisional win last week with our first victory in a nationwide, prime-time game (against a good opponent).

Prediction: CLE: 20 SF 16

22 minutes ago, Kvoethe said:

Rudolph got hit in the night night spot...probably not concussed..just a good old fashioned KO.

:D  Actually, a KO by definition is a severe concussion.  I'll have to back up the tape (because I didn't see the hit) but the clip on NFL.com of him being helped off the field- Rudolph looked like he thought he was up at the North Pole helping Santa get ready for Christmas....  

• Haha 1

Jaw bone cutting off oxygen to brain is different from brain slamming into skull.  I bet the way his head hit the turf when he collapsed probably concussed him more than the hit.

2 hours ago, Icecube said:

Steelers down to 4th (yes, 4th) string QB. They are done. 

I'm sure Vagitard is having a royal blast!... He said his team will never be below .500... Or finish which looks very likely they will.... All I can say is Karma is a bitch... Its too bad Rudolph took a beating the way he did.... But then I think about all of that head hunting Harrison and Ward did.. And then I don't feel so sorry for them cheating bastards..

29 minutes ago, TypicalBrowns50 said:

Vag said he “couldn’t wait to for the season to start to prove us all wrong on how good the Steelers still were” 😂

I don't think he ever considered age might just finally catch up to Big Ben. My guess is retirement as a Steeler when the season is done. It would be the smart thing to do just as Luck came to the realization he had plenty of $$ already, so no need to risk permanent damage.

7 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I don't think he ever considered age might just finally catch up to Big Ben. My guess is retirement as a Steeler when the season is done. It would be the smart thing to do just as Luck came to the realization he had plenty of $$ already, so no need to risk permanent damage.

Hey folks THE SEASON IS STILL YOUNG! It's not near over.

........well except maybe for the steerlrz unless Bradshaw, Swann and Franco comeback.   :lol:

Looks like the blackbirds and BROWNS might fight it out for the AFCN...... especially if the BROWNS take care of business tonight.

7 hours ago, nickers said:

I'm sure Vagitard is having a royal blast!... He said his team will never be below .500... Or finish which looks very likely they will.... All I can say is Karma is a bitch... Its too bad Rudolph took a beating the way he did.... But then I think about all of that head hunting Harrison and Ward did.. And then I don't feel so sorry for them cheating bastards..

I have never, ever said that. Rudolph likely won't miss much time and hodges is solid. The roughing the passers on Ola to send the game to OT was one of the worst calls I've ever seen. Jackson got tackled at the waste and slide down his legs. Out come the flags. Disgraceful 

1 hour ago, TypicalBrowns50 said:

Vag said he “couldn’t wait to for the season to start to prove us all wrong on how good the Steelers still were” 😂

They are still good, much better than their record. Shit happens. Good luck with nick bosa tonight.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

They are still good, much better than their record. Shit happens. Good luck with nick bosa tonight.

And who said Steelers fans are are all heartless idiots......thanks Vag and I hope you will enjoy the game too.

It certainly will be an interesting season in the AFCN.

16 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

I have never, ever said that. Rudolph likely won't miss much time and hodges is solid. The roughing the passers on Ola to send the game to OT was one of the worst calls I've ever seen. Jackson got tackled at the waste and slide down his legs. Out come the flags. Disgraceful 

I can easily admit that game was horribly officated, on all sides. As someone who is extremely vocal against how lousy the referees have been for several years, it's just another drop in the bucket. The Earl Thomas hit on Rudolph was roughing, but not sure I'd consider it dirty. 

I'm still extremely baffled they let the dude walk off the field though. It honestly look like he might have been dead (not being funny) as he was going down. I get that's what happens when you got out cold, but still. That's a serious miscue. I'm glad to hear he's doing okay though, that was awful to see. It makes you glad the NFL at least has the protocol in place to make sure he's cleared.

22 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

I can easily admit that game was horribly officated, on all sides. As someone who is extremely vocal against how lousy the referees have been for several years, it's just another drop in the bucket. The Earl Thomas hit on Rudolph was roughing, but not sure I'd consider it dirty. 

I'm still extremely baffled they let the dude walk off the field though. It honestly look like he might have been dead (not being funny) as he was going down. I get that's what happens when you got out cold, but still. That's a serious miscue. I'm glad to hear he's doing okay though, that was awful to see. It makes you glad the NFL at least has the protocol in place to make sure he's cleared.

If it's about protecting the qb like the say it wasn't clean. He also launched but I also understand at full speed shit happens and Thomas has always been a big hitter. He is getting fined and there is talk of suspension whether it's right or wrong. The officiating across the league has been horrendous. The game yesterday was horrible. They legit gave the Ravens the game. It may have never gone to overtime if not for the horrendously called roughing the passer.

55 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

Was it Parcells or Billy B who said "your  record is  what it is". Lotsa luck  playing the  Chargers on the road prime time  Sunday night. The Steelers are certainly a  good  enough team to beat up on the dregs of the league, you get another bye after the bye playing the tanking  Dolphins. If you lose to them, you're  never going to  hear  the end of it from this board. Your  backup  to the backup  QB did look  OK, but Tomlin's mantra "next man up" well, you're  running out of  men at QB.

BTW, Ditto the Niners backup LT & CB having to deal with Garrett and OBJ respectively. We're  going to  find out  tonight  if Richard  Sherman has any gas left in the  tank, he can't  cover two  guys at once. And the Browns are  finally  at full  strength on offense  with  Higgins  and Callaway back at WR.

1 hour ago, Vagitron said:

Yes you did shithead... You said and I Quote.. "The steelers will never finish below .500".. And whats disgraceful is you're a shitass LIAR!

1 minute ago, nickers said:

Yes you did shithead... You said and I Quote.. "The steelers will never finish below .500".. And whats disgraceful is you're a shitass LIAR!

Season  isn't over yet Nickers, don't count the  chickens  before they  hatch. :) Let's peruse the Steelers schedule for a minute.  I'll  give  them wins  against the Dolphins, Bengals, Cardinals, and Jets. That takes  them to 5-4. Meaning they will have to  win at least three  against the  Chargers, Colts, Rams, Browns  twice, Bills, and Ravens just to get to  .500. Possible? Sure, but not likely  if Rudolph is  out for  an extended time. FWIW,  the Bengals starting  LT Cordy Glenn is still  out from a  concussion  he suffered in  preseason. 

2 hours ago, Vagitron said:

If it's about protecting the qb like the say it wasn't clean. He also launched but I also understand at full speed shit happens and Thomas has always been a big hitter. He is getting fined and there is talk of suspension whether it's right or wrong. The officiating across the league has been horrendous. The game yesterday was horrible. They legit gave the Ravens the game. It may have never gone to overtime if not for the horrendously called roughing the passer.

Eh, to me a "dirty" play is where intent is very important. For an easy example, the hit Burfict had the other week is the definition of a dirty play. Earl will likely get fined, but I didn't see a dude head hunting on that play. I'm not sure I see a "launch" there.

4 hours ago, jrb12711 said:

The Steelers medical cart broke down and had to be pushed off the field. I am not kidding. They needed more men on the field to push that off than was used to walk off Mason.

https://nypost.com/2019/10/06/mason-rudolph-hit-steelers-medical-cart-controversy-emerges/

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

Season  isn't over yet Nickers, don't count the  chickens  before they  hatch. :) Let's peruse the Steelers schedule for a minute.  I'll  give  them wins  against the Dolphins, Bengals, Cardinals, and Jets. That takes  them to 5-4. Meaning they will have to  win at least three  against the  Chargers, Colts, Rams, Browns  twice, Bills, and Ravens just to get to  .500. Possible? Sure, but not likely  if Rudolph is  out for  an extended time. FWIW,  the Bengals starting  LT Cordy Glenn is still  out from a  concussion  he suffered in  preseason. 

That's cray...and scary. Hodges is the 4th string QB, Dobbs was 3rd string and they traded him to Jags. But Hodges may be an undrafted free agent, but he looked very good for a rookie. But I see them winning about 6 games. So much for "Tomlin never had a losing record" crap. 

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

Was it Parcells or Billy B who said "your  record is  what it is". Lotsa luck  playing the  Chargers on the road prime time  Sunday night. The Steelers are certainly a  good  enough team to beat up on the dregs of the league, you get another bye after the bye playing the tanking  Dolphins. If you lose to them, you're  never going to  hear  the end of it from this board. Your  backup  to the backup  QB did look  OK, but Tomlin's mantra "next man up" well, you're  running out of  men at QB.

BTW, Ditto the Niners backup LT & CB having to deal with Garrett and OBJ respectively. We're  going to  find out  tonight  if Richard  Sherman has any gas left in the  tank, he can't  cover two  guys at once. And the Browns are  finally  at full  strength on offense  with  Higgins  and Callaway back at WR.

It was Big Tuna, and he said, "You are what your record says you are." In other words, such claims as "But we are the best 1-4 team" is moronic. This Vaga fella is gonna be eating serious crow very soon. Pitt won't win more than 6 games. But the good news is they will still keep the overrated Tomlin. The Steelers are looking the 80's right in the face.  Ben kept them winning divisions in spite of Tomlin - those days are over. 

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, nickers said:

I would never make such a ridiculous statement.  I may have said in seasons past they won’t finish below .500 but I’m a “never say never type” so quit talking out of your ass.

12 hours ago, mjp28 said:

And who said Steelers fans are are all heartless idiots......thanks Vag and I hope you will enjoy the game too.

It certainly will be an interesting season in the AFCN.

I'm sure that you enjoyed the game and yes it looks like it will be an interesting year in the AFCN and the winner will go to the playoffs.

SO who wins this thing.......or maybe we all better wait for another 6 or 8 games to have a better idea.

36 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

I would never make such a ridiculous statement.  I may have said in seasons past they won’t finish below .500 but I’m a “never say never type” so quit talking out of your ass.

Yes you did ASSHOLE!!

14 hours ago, Vagitron said:

Your record is what it is. The Browns are worse than the off season hype to date, and we had no luck with Bosa. I doubt you'll have much luck with Rivers on Sunday. 

1 minute ago, hoorta said:

Your record is what it is. The Browns are worse than the off season hype to date, and we had no luck with Bosa. I doubt you'll have much luck with Rivers on Sunday. 

Our defense hasn’t been the problem.