THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns' Beckham fined by NFL for fighting with Ravens

Vambo

https://sports.yahoo.com/browns-beckham-fined-nfl-fighting-ravens-192732773--nfl.html

BEREA, Ohio (AP) -- Browns star Odell Beckham Jr. was fined an undisclosed amount by the NFL for fighting Baltimore's Marlon Humphrey. The wide receiver said the penalty would have been harsher if he had retaliated.

Beckham wouldn't disclose how much he was fined Friday after joking it was $250,000.

Cleveland center JC Tretter said he was fined $14,000 in the Beckham-Humphrey incident for trying to help break up the fight.

Beckham said he is going to pay Tretter's fine.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27767918/browns-odell-beckham-rails-nfl-fine-system-getting-another

Nothing wrong with a good football fight sometimes.   I mean, to be honest, there were years past where the Browns would sometimes lay down like dogs instead of fighting.  

Sure, the penalties and fines aren't good....but the Browns can kick all other teams asses up and down the field as far as I am concerned.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Nothing wrong with a good football fight sometimes.   I mean, to be honest, there were years past where the Browns would sometimes lay down like dogs instead of fighting.  

Sure, the penalties and fines aren't good....but the Browns can kick all other teams asses up and down the field as far as I am concerned.

Gip, I used to get madder'n hell when we used to "wimp out", but those days are GONE! This bunch (INCLUDING our QB) will fight for each other, and I LOVE it! It sends a message that we won't "lay down like dogs" anymore!...They won't start it, but They'll bite like pit bulls!

Mike

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 5

On 10/4/2019 at 4:45 PM, Vambo said:

Cleveland center JC Tretter said he was fined $14,000 in the Beckham-Humphrey incident for trying to help break up the fight.

Beckham said he is going to pay Tretter's fine.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27767918/browns-odell-beckham-rails-nfl-fine-system-getting-another

Once again, the suits circle jerk department of the NFL fine division (ha,what a joke).. Via our trusted replay system :D..A) We have determined to waive the 34k fine for fighting 🤔. B.) a Simple Misconduct Fine 🤫 14K to all in contact.. C) but the same 14k fine to Tretter for separating such strangling misconduct? he damm sure should appeal, OBJ's money.. D) a Ravens player gets 7k for chirping to close to ring site watching such misconduct 🙃...  and I can't wait for this to continue with appeals 🤓

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Once again, the suits circle jerk department of the NFL fine division (ha,what a joke).. Via our trusted replay system :D..A) We have determined to waive the 34k fine for fighting 🤔. B.) a Simple Misconduct Fine 🤫 14K to all in contact.. C) but the same 14k fine to Tretter for separating such strangling misconduct? he damm sure should appeal, OBJ's money.. D) a Ravens player gets 7k for chirping to close to ring site watching such misconduct 🙃...  and I can't wait for this to continue with appeals 🤓

It would be nice to see Jimmy Haslam step outside of his church mouse quiet comfort zone and demand answers.  As long as he doesn't, the league will continue with - it's only Cleveland and they'll get their usual plastic apology from us.

Not for nothing, but a real flag happy league against the Browns sure puts quite a bit of effort in pretending they don't see ANY holding on OBJ and Miles Garrett.  Some of that includes some hands to the face and different variations.   If this was the NE Patriots - we'd get the yellow flag serenades from the officiating crew all the way til points are added to the scoreboard or until the opponent actually adheres to the rules.  Am I asking for too much here?  I mean WTF!!!!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Flugel said:

It would be nice to see Jimmy Haslam step outside of his church mouse quiet comfort zone and demand answers.  As long as he doesn't, the league will continue with - it's only Cleveland and they'll get their usual plastic apology from us.

Not for nothing, but a real flag happy league against the Browns sure puts quite a bit of effort in pretending they don't see ANY holding on OBJ and Miles Garrett.  Some of that includes some hands to the face and different variations.   If this was the NE Patriots - we'd get the yellow flag serenades from the officiating crew all the way til points are added to the scoreboard or until the opponent actually adheres to the rules.  Am I asking for too much here?  I mean WTF!!!!