THE BROWNS BOARD

Juice is Loose!

jrb12711

2 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

Indeed what I was going for. Here's a fun tweet he just recently said:

I just want to know if it was a form fitting glove or did he have to try to get it over cotton gloves.😈

"If the glove don't fit, you can't hit shit!"🧐

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I just want to know if it was a form fitting glove or did he have to try to get it over cotton gloves.😈

The insane part to me is there's 0% chance that dude didn't fully realize how he said that. From "killed it" to "the new glove worked", there's just no way. To be that morose about something like that is just fascinating.

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

As long as they weren't soaked in blood and completely dried out and shrunk a few sizes they should be fine.  ;)

2 hours ago, jrb12711 said:

The insane part to me is there's 0% chance that dude didn't fully realize how he said that. From "killed it" to "the new glove worked", there's just no way. To be that morose about something like that is just fascinating.

I think perhaps, sardonic is the word you are looking for.

I was optimistic about him playing and I'm so glad he's out there. This guy is way more important to us than any stat can show. He's our heart and soul, and we saw what will happen if teams want to double OBJ. We need to do a better job of getting OBJ the rock even if he IS doubled without forcing it, which is tough. I'd literally bet that our first pass play will be that quick WR screen to OBJ, even if it goes for 2 yards, it's still important to target him. 

The 49's like to run a ton a zone coverage, and that's GREAT news for us. OBJ will suck up a ton of attention and we should have open areas for others to attack. Landry is the king of soft-spotting zones, so he's likely to have lots of chances to reel in some big catches. Look for Landry to be targeted on that deep seam route at least once, and also watch for Seals-Jones to get free, too. 

I'm thinking Chubb is going to have a very similar game to last game's first half where every yard was a struggle. This will be a game where our pass sets up the run, as I don't see us lining up and running on these guys right away...they're that stout. 

If Baker truly is getting on track, and our OL figures out how to again keep him upright, then we can win the game. But we're going to have to score a good amount, and that means touchdowns instead of FG's. It's going to take some firepower to win, and we need to get better at red zone passing to start stacking W's. 

We need Landry.  

If they use their resources to take away OBJ, who would we go to?  Callaway's been banned from Berea for a month.  Higgins' has been out almost as long.  Ratley??   Ricky Lee Jones?  chuck E's in love

We're going to need to throw the ball against SanFran.  They're #5 against the run.   And #3 overall.  - And both of our starting corners are still out.  We may need to put up some points.

We need Landry.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Orion said:

We need Landry.  

If they use their resources to take away OBJ, who would we go to?  Callaway's been banned from Berea for a month.  Higgins' has been out almost as long.  Ratley??   Ricky Lee Jones?  chuck E's in love

We're going to need to throw the ball against SanFran.  They're #5 against the run.   And #3 overall.  - And both of our starting corners are still out.  We may need to put up some points.

We need Landry.

I was thinking, just because defenses WANT to take away OBJ, doesn't mean they'll be able to. That's what makes great players great...you can't stop them. If I had to guess, Baker is just now figuring out how to use his shiny new toy and still distribute the ball, easier said than done. We all saw how much attention OBJ garnered against Baltimore, and Baker himself said it was truly eye-opening to see on tape. I'm cautiously hopeful for just the right recipe! 

On 10/4/2019 at 1:55 PM, SdBacker80 said:

Bless em.

I thought he was a diva with the Fins.  I was totally wrong.  Guy is 100% pro 

This^^ I wasn't all that amazed on what we landed till the hard knocks guts spilled..👀 am like ok, we just landed a pick #74 Steve Smith attitude, in a pick #92 Hines Ward physical WR mind-set.  Obj just hit the top 200 all time in receiving yards(5784)..Jarvis is -56 yards short of hitting the top 250 in all time receiving yards(5342)... Jarvis was a pick #63 in the 2014 draft & only is age 26 till Nov.Also, has not missed a game in 64 straight games. Maybe the NFL got something right? All must Wear the right car crash helmets including AB.... Even Josh Allen may have a chance to play from concussion from last week