THE BROWNS BOARD

Nick Chubb-Should we call him Teddy?

Canton Mike

9 hours ago, bjh2130 said:

Pretty much every draft projection had Corbett going in the 2nd round lol.

Name them. I never saw him that high.

2 hours ago, Orion said:

Yeah, I saw you said that......but I had to dig deep into my draft list to find that guys name.  And as I recall, most thought it was a surprising reach.

Same here. Big reach.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Name them. I never saw him that high.

Same here. Big reach.

Look at the post literally right before this one. 

Nfl.com projected him as a second rounder. The second website listed liked the pick and in their mock had him going 39th. The third website gave the grade a b+. Those were literally just the first 3 results on Google when I typed in 2018 2nd round draft. 

59 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

Look at the post literally right before this one. 

Nfl.com projected him as a second rounder. The second website listed liked the pick and in their mock had him going 39th. The third website gave the grade a b+. Those were literally just the first 3 results on Google when I typed in 2018 2nd round draft. 

Yep and look at the one chosen right after him, Hernandez with his A rating. And guess what-he's their quality starter at LG. Go figure. I could have lived with that choice.

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Yep and look at the one chosen right after him, Hernandez with his A rating. And guess what-he's their quality starter at LG. Go figure. I could have lived with that choice.

What was my original statement? That he was better than Hernandez? Cause I could have sworn it was a response to you saying he was a 4th round pick and i said he was widely regarded as a 2nd round and pick and most graded the draft pick in the b to a- range. Which is all true.  Your original post said nothing about Hernandez and my follow up said nothing about him just that he wasn't graded as a "4th rounder at best" by pretty much every scout.  You sure are learning well from a particular poster on here.  Move the goal post in a debate when shown evidence to the contrary.

Granted he does suck but it was not seen as a horrible pick at the time. 

45 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

What was my original statement? That he was better than Hernandez? Cause I could have sworn it was a response to you saying he was a 4th round pick and i said he was widely regarded as a 2nd round and pick and most graded the draft pick in the b to a- range. Which is all true.  Your original post said nothing about Hernandez and my follow up said nothing about him just that he wasn't graded as a "4th rounder at best" by pretty much every scout.  You sure are learning well from a particular poster on here.  Move the goal post in a debate when shown evidence to the contrary.

Granted he does suck but it was not seen as a horrible pick at the time. 

Practice by example on the ployboard makes perfect. LOL!😂🧐

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Practice by example on the ployboard makes perfect. LOL!😂🧐

I just don't like the idea it was sheer luck because I have a feeling the majority of people who say that would also criticize had we drafted chubb there then giants take Hernandez then we take Corbett. Especially now with how good Hernandez has shown. They would say we should have drafted Hernandez then chubb because you know the giants weren't taking a running back, but now they have an all pro and we have Corbett and chubb when we could have had an all pro and chubb.

9 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

I just don't like the idea it was sheer luck because I have a feeling the majority of people who say that would also criticize had we drafted chubb there then giants take Hernandez then we take Corbett. Especially now with how good Hernandez has shown. They would say we should have drafted Hernandez then chubb because you know the giants weren't taking a running back, but now they have an all pro and we have Corbett and chubb when we could have had an all pro and chubb.

And who knows, it could be that the Browns believed the Giants would take Corbett if they didn't and we would have Chubb and our draft room's second choice, Hernandez. I just had a different draft room.  Corbett was nowhere near it. LOL!😁

But the risk you also take is that the Giants trade away that draft choice to someone who wanted Chubb after our pick of Corbett. That didn't happen, but it could have. I'm just elated we ended up with Chubb and also somehow found Wilson in the 5th in the 2019 draft. That is the most unbelievable bit our luck in our favor in the draft in years. Usually we end up with the Coleman's, the Gilberts and he who cannot be named of Heisman House fame.😅

26 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Jim Brown-ish.  I wonder if JB had a word with him. 

Act like you've been there before -or- old school class. (but "some" are entertaining)

4 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

I like his TD celebrations. Hand the ball to the ref and not say or do a thing. 

Yep! Humble & lets his actions do the talkin'!!

Mike

1 hour ago, Canton Mike said:

Yep! Humble & lets his actions do the talkin'!!

Mike

He comes from very humble beginnings and is tied in with a deeply Christian family who practice others first. Reminds me of the way Gale Sayers was. Great player, very humble and always quiet about his own accomplishments. If you never read his book, "I Am Third", I highly recommend it. Our Nick is another Gale.👍

• Upvote 1