THE BROWNS BOARD

WEEK 5 - BROWNS injury report the weekly and latest daily updates. CLE in SF.

mjp28

4 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Saturday AM, the BROWNS still have a bunch of players on the list -but- things might be improving some but maybe not for this week........

Yeah, you're right. We're not getting either corner back, and it's just unfortunate because we're really going to need premier CB play this week against an above average accuracy QB. Garoppolo can throw on the move and he's exceptional off of play-action. It's a downright shame our boys have hamstring injuries because they seem to never heal. They can even think they're healed and a twinge can come out of nowhere. Hamstrings just suck to injure. 

Like we've mentioned, San Francisco isn't without their own problems. We know what it's like to play a 3rd string, off the streets tackle, but I don't think it's going to have the negative impact many fans hope to see. Remember when we played McCray because Hubbard was hurt? He didn't play GREAT but it wasn't like McCray's guy was bursting through the line every play either. Now obviously we weren't playing Myles freakin Garrett, but you get the point. There are things an offense can do to mitigate a faulty link in the chain, so while I expect Garrett to have a more impactful game than last week, I don't expect to see him bursting through the wall like Kool-Aid and screaming "Ooooooooh YEAH!" into Garoppolo's ear hole. 

Furthermore, I heard on the radio that the 49's have to start their 3rd string corner, too. That can definitely be a boon, as they can try to put Richard Sherman on OBJ, but Sherman isn't great anymore at covering the super speedy and shifty guys, so that would be terrific. 

• Haha 1

Yeah it looks like neither Ward or Williams will play Monday, as they didn't even practice today. I guess the good news is the offense will finally be back to full strength with Higgins and Callaway back... 

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/injury-report-key-contributors-could-return-monday-night

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

Yeah it looks like neither Ward or Williams will play Monday,

Your two starting corners being out is usually catastrophic.  We are so lucky for the type of quality players Dorsey brought to that position.

1 hour ago, SdBacker80 said:

We need to challenge a few more passes this week. Soft cushion won’t work again. 

Totally fair point, but I think we're pretty confident in our DC's ability to tailor the game plan to who we are playing. 

MONDAY AM - The BROWNS and 49ers are about the same but check out the other AFCN teams.......

Pittsburgh Steelers
NAME STATUS DATE
Roosevelt Nix, FB Out Oct 7
Comment: out
Anthony Chickillo, LB Out Oct 7
Mason Rudolph, QB Questionable Oct 6
Comment: Rudolph (concussion) is home from the hospital and doing well, ESPN's Jeremy Fowler reports.
James Washington, WR Questionable Oct 6
Comment: Washington was forced out of Sunday's game against the Ravens with a shoulder injury.
Mark Barron, LB Questionable Oct 6

Comment: Barron (hamstring) is questionable to return to Sunday's game versus the Ravens, Dale Lolley of DKPittsburghSports.com reports

Baltimore Ravens
NAME STATUS DATE
Jimmy Smith, CB Out Oct 7
Tony Jefferson, S Out Oct 6
Comment: Jefferson was forced out of Sunday's game versus the Steelers with a knee injury.
Iman Marshall, CB Injury Reserve Oct 4
Comment: Marshall (toe) is a potential candidate to return from injured reserve, Jeff Zrebiec of The Athletic reports.
Brynden Trawick, S Injury Reserve Oct 4

Comment: Trawick (elbow) was placed on injured reserve Thursday

Cincinnati Bengals
NAME STATUS DATE
Cordy Glenn, OT Out Oct 7
Kerry Wynn, DE Out Oct 7
A.J. Green, WR Out Oct 7
Andre Smith, OT Questionable Oct 6
Comment: Smith (ankle) has been ruled out for the remainder of Sunday's game versus the Cardinals.
Alex Erickson, WR Questionable Oct 6
Comment: Erickson was forced out of Sunday's game against the Cardinals with a possible concussion.

Jimmie Ward, Tevin Coleman and Dee Ford all practiced on Sat so unless there is a setback, all should play.

The Jimmie Ward one is interesting as I don't know where they plan on playing him. He plays FS and CB, but so does current FS Moore. Might see Ward get the start after Moore too some bad angles vs the Steelers.

Nick Bosa and Ward actually are off the injury list entirely for the first time all season.

3 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Latest injury update I could find, don't know the time frame, but the Browns have yet to declare Ward and Williams "out". Game time decision?   

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/team/injury-report/

After no practices and an injury, I would never risk getting someone on the field. It's nice to keep your cards down, but as much as I would like to see our secondary starters, I don't want to miss them for the season. I hope the backups keep the good job! 

• Upvote 1

Second year player and a rookie, while physically talented, can be prone to mental errors. We've seen it already, so considering who the browns are facing this week, I'm not surprised fans can't see that eye discipline and vet savy are gonna be more pertinent than physical ability here. 

7 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

What’s going on with Higgins? It’s really a shame he cant suit up

True dat.  He's a guy that Baker has great chemistry with and would not be getting the coverage that OBJ and Landry would be eating up.  Now it's pretty much Ratley, and Baker does not have the same time together with him.   UNLESS, Callaway can contribute in a meaningful way.....which I'm not holding much hope on.  - Perhaps Ricky Lee Jones can help.  Except we're going to need the TE blocking most probably.

2 minutes ago, Orion said:

UNLESS, Callaway can contribute in a meaningful way.....which I'm not holding much hope on.  - Perhaps Ricky Lee Jones can help.  

Per Grossi.. on Thursdays Redzone show.. Callaway & Jones had a great practice week...we shall see what he saw

• Thanks 1

We freaking quit apparently. 49's getting 10 yards a play. What a joke man. God help us against the Patriots and Seahawks. 

1 hour ago, jiggins7919 said:

We freaking quit apparently. 49's getting 10 yards a play. What a joke man. God help us against the Patriots and Seahawks. 

Gosh you taking over the Negative Nancy mantle from Soju? Whatever, the Browns dug rapidly in a 14-0 hole, and couldn't dig themselves out. 

didn't help Baker had a lousy game. 

6 hours ago, hoorta said:

Gosh you taking over the Negative Nancy mantle from Soju? Whatever, the Browns dug rapidly in a 14-0 hole, and couldn't dig themselves out. 

didn't help Baker had a lousy game. 

It has nothing to do with being negative. Even when we were terrible we didn't QUIT. We had that look tonight, just like the Tennessee game and I didn't care for it.