THE BROWNS BOARD

How bad do the Browns destroy 49ers?

Icecube

55 minutes ago, Raven5220 said:

Yep, and I said that in another post...the Browns came in and played a very good game against us,  and executed well...But it's going to take a lot more than one good game to make anybody around the league take notice.  You're the Browns, the Cleveland Browns...the joke of the league.  The team that turns any good players bad.  That right there is a talent though..turn winners into losers just by joining the team.   And there's a difference between Baltimore and Cleveland:  we have a winning organization, so even though we have issues on our team that needs correcting, we recognize that, and will correct them.  You are Cleveland, a team that has always had a losing mindset.  So you will keep doing the same things over and over and expect things to get better, but the fact remains, the team is made of losers.  You can't change that.  So THAT'S really impressive.

Thank you for your insight Mr Newsome.

1 hour ago, Raven5220 said:

Yep, and I said that in another post...the Browns came in and played a very good game against us,  and executed well...But it's going to take a lot more than one good game to make anybody around the league take notice.  You're the Browns, the Cleveland Browns...the joke of the league.  The team that turns any good players bad.  That right there is a talent though..turn winners into losers just by joining the team.   And there's a difference between Baltimore and Cleveland:  we have a winning organization, so even though we have issues on our team that needs correcting, we recognize that, and will correct them.  You are Cleveland, a team that has always had a losing mindset.  So you will keep doing the same things over and over and expect things to get better, but the fact remains, the team is made of losers.  You can't change that.  So THAT'S really impressive.

You obviously missed the point.

You wanted to come on just to say how bad the Browns are, yet they put it on your team. 

Cleveland got beat by a good team. Whether they will turn it around or not has yet to be determined. They have played 5 games, and have not been at full strength for any of them. Would a full team have won them the game against Titans or 49ers, NO. But could have made a difference in Rams game. Remember they were without ALL starters in defensive backfield.

And what guys have they brought in that were winners and now are losing? 

Again, since the Browns are soooooo bad, or whatever you want to call it, what does that say about YOUR team.

Baltimore has beaten Miami (0-5), Arizona (1-3-1, with that win over winless Bengals), and Steelers (1-4, that win over winless Bengals) and losses to Chiefs (4-1) and Cleveland.

Cleveland has beaten Jets (0-4), and Baltimore. Losses to Titans (2-3), Rams (3-2, a bad loss to TB and a 1 point loss to 4-1 Seahawks. Also a win over 4-1 NO) and 49ers (4-0).

I wonder who has played the tougher schedule?

And since Baker has been a Brown, the Browns are 2-1 against YOUR team. 

On 10/1/2019 at 5:53 PM, Icecube said:

Considering how the Browns dismantled the Ravens (dropped 45 on their @ss), how bad do they crush the 9ers?

- Keep in mind, coaches finally realized you need to rush the ball to win. After successful rush plays, it forces the opposing D to play more honest and that opens up the passing lanes, and keeps the LBs on their heels. It means everything. Now that the Browns know this, we should see continued prolific points from now on. 

- 9ers are giving up 18 points per game vs. Browns 22.8. That stat's meaningless. SF played TB, Cinci and Pgh - 3 of the weakest teams in the NFL. Browns' D is way better. 

- Baker now understands he has to be amped up every game, not just show up. 

- Considering they just knocked out the Ravens' teeth for 45, Browns should score over 50 on the 9ers. This game might not even be close.  

you got one thing right....game was not close....heheheheheheeeeeeee....just your typical cleveland clowns for 2019.....and by the way the ravens are not a good football team...

30 minutes ago, Gunz41 said:

You obviously missed the point.

You wanted to come on just to say how bad the Browns are, yet they put it on your team. 

Cleveland got beat by a good team. Whether they will turn it around or not has yet to be determined. They have played 5 games, and have not been at full strength for any of them. Would a full team have won them the game against Titans or 49ers, NO. But could have made a difference in Rams game. Remember they were without ALL starters in defensive backfield.

And what guys have they brought in that were winners and now are losing? 

Again, since the Browns are soooooo bad, or whatever you want to call it, what does that say about YOUR team.

Baltimore has beaten Miami (0-5), Arizona (1-3-1, with that win over winless Bengals), and Steelers (1-4, that win over winless Bengals) and losses to Chiefs (4-1) and Cleveland.

Cleveland has beaten Jets (0-4), and Baltimore. Losses to Titans (2-3), Rams (3-2, a bad loss to TB and a 1 point loss to 4-1 Seahawks. Also a win over 4-1 NO) and 49ers (4-0).

I wonder who has played the tougher schedule?

And since Baker has been a Brown, the Browns are 2-1 against YOUR team. 

In another  thread I  pointed out  to our troll the Ravens haven't beaten a team with a  winning record. They've yet to play the Seahawks (on the road), Patriots, Rams, Bills (road), and 49ers.

Guess he's  arguing yeah, we suck, but you suck worse.

3 hours ago, Raven5220 said:

I think you got the title of this thread reversed...lol.  The Browns suck, and you guys are the only fanbase in the entire league that bought into all the talk.  You're the Browns...a joke.  Always have been, always will be.  There's nothing about your team that scares anybody.  Mayfield is overrated, and flat out bad.  No matter what kind of talent you all picked up, none of it matters if your organization doesn't know how to win.  You didn't even belong on the same field as the niners last night.  But that's ok, keep the hype going.  It keeps the rest of the fans around the league entertained.

Lol dude it is very uncouth to come into the Browns forum talking smack when they killed you two weeks ago. As a 49er fan I appreciate taking the more arrogant Browns fans down a notch as much as anyone (the OP for example... 50 points lol), but you forfeited your right to talk crap to the Browns when the Ravens got some “brown” dropped all over their faces a couple weeks ago. 

Talk when your team plays then again. You should only be eating crow until then. 

That said...

On 10/1/2019 at 4:53 PM, Icecube said:

Considering how the Browns dismantled the Ravens (dropped 45 on their @ss), how bad do they crush the 9ers?

- Keep in mind, coaches finally realized you need to rush the ball to win. After successful rush plays, it forces the opposing D to play more honest and that opens up the passing lanes, and keeps the LBs on their heels. It means everything. Now that the Browns know this, we should see continued prolific points from now on. 

- 9ers are giving up 18 points per game vs. Browns 22.8. That stat's meaningless. SF played TB, Cinci and Pgh - 3 of the weakest teams in the NFL. Browns' D is way better. 

- Baker now understands he has to be amped up every game, not just show up. 

- Considering they just knocked out the Ravens' teeth for 45, Browns should score over 50 on the 9ers. This game might not even be close.  

Lol the funniest thing is how you criminally underrated the 49ers defense, just like Bucs fans did. Look at who is on their defensive line: Bosa, Ford, Buckner, Armstead, Thomas, etc. 

How many first round picks have to be on a defensive line before that unit gets some respect?

57 minutes ago, 5_Golden_Rings said:

Lol dude it is very uncouth to come into the Browns forum talking smack when they killed you two weeks ago. As a 49er fan I appreciate taking the more arrogant Browns fans down a notch as much as anyone (the OP for example... 50 points lol), but you forfeited your right to talk crap to the Browns when the Ravens got some “brown” dropped all over their faces a couple weeks ago. 

Talk when your team plays then again. You should only be eating crow until then. 

That said...

I guess you people in gay ole San Fran never got hooked on phonics, because you don't comprehend well.  I gave these shit-Brown fans credit and commended their team for a well-played game against us.  But I don't have to eat anything just because their team had one good game this year... and even though unfortunately it WAS against us, the Browns do, as you put it, have way too many arrogant fans for a team who hasn't been a contender in forever.  I wouldn't expect a niners fan to back up a ravens fan though...afterall, we are 4 and 2 against you guys, including taking away your dreams of another superbowl win not so long ago.  I have already said on here that the Ravens do have their share of problems this year that need to get corrected quickly, but I really hope you don't think when we face you later this season, you're going to beat us by 30 like you did the Browns last night.  I mean, if you do, you might be posting in the perfect forum for you...because this place is full of delusional people.

19 minutes ago, Raven5220 said:

I guess you people in gay ole San Fran never got hooked on phonics, because you don't comprehend well.  I gave these shit-Brown fans credit and commended their team for a well-played game against us.  But I don't have to eat anything just because their team had one good game this year... and even though unfortunately it WAS against us, the Browns do, as you put it, have way too many arrogant fans for a team who hasn't been a contender in forever.  I wouldn't expect a niners fan to back up a ravens fan though...afterall, we are 4 and 2 against you guys, including taking away your dreams of another superbowl win not so long ago.  I have already said on here that the Ravens do have their share of problems this year that need to get corrected quickly, but I really hope you don't think when we face you later this season, you're going to beat us by 30 like you did the Browns last night.  I mean, if you do, you might be posting in the perfect forum for you...because this place is full of delusional people.

What have I said that is delusional? I was the one who replied to you, and I have said since the season was talked about that people are giving the Browns too much hype.

I also gave you pure facts, no opinions. The Browns have played a tougher schedule to date than Baltimore. They have also played each other and the Browns were the winner.

Transitive property would say that 49ers are 43 points better than the Ravens. I don't believe that. And it would also say that Cleveland is 20 points better than the Chiefs, and I don't believe that.

But you come off as bitter saying how bad the Browns are since they actually beat your team. The way you are coming off is like an Auburn fans telling Alabama fans they suck because they got beat by Clemson. Ya know, after Alabama beat them.

But let's stay objective here, what do you think Baltimore record would be with the Browns schedule thus far, and what would the Browns record be thus far with the Ravens record?

San Fran is trash. The only thing they had was a FB that opened the holes up for their scatback. 49ers had a lucky game. Browns will rebound vs. the Seahawks. 

14 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

San Fran is trash. The only thing they had was a FB that opened the holes up for their scatback. 49ers had a lucky game. Browns will rebound vs. the Seahawks. 

Just stop.

You sound like a moron. 

27 minutes ago, Gunz41 said:

What have I said that is delusional? I was the one who replied to you, and I have said since the season was talked about that people are giving the Browns too much hype.

I also gave you pure facts, no opinions. The Browns have played a tougher schedule to date than Baltimore. They have also played each other and the Browns were the winner.

Transitive property would say that 49ers are 43 points better than the Ravens. I don't believe that. And it would also say that Cleveland is 20 points better than the Chiefs, and I don't believe that.

But you come off as bitter saying how bad the Browns are since they actually beat your team. The way you are coming off is like an Auburn fans telling Alabama fans they suck because they got beat by Clemson. Ya know, after Alabama beat them.

But let's stay objective here, what do you think Baltimore record would be with the Browns schedule thus far, and what would the Browns record be thus far with the Ravens record?

I'm not really talking about you..you're cool really.  There's just a lot of Browns fans who ARE very arrogant, and I never saw the point in being that way.  And believe me, around here, there's not a ton of confidence in this year's Ravens.  We're not used to having a defense that you can't rely on hardly at all, when for so many years, defense was our team.  And then you got Lamar, who the fans around here are split on.  Half think he's awesome, and brings that two-tier talent to the position, with his legs and  arm....the other half has no confidence in his arm and think he's one dimensional.  Me...I'm on the fence honestly...I just find myself wishing and hoping for the most part...Now, for the objective part, the way we've been playing, and if we had your schedule so far, I think the Ravens have the same record...beat the titans and jets...you beat us convincingly, I don't think we could've handled the ram yet (hopefully we can by the time we do play them), and the 49ers scare me too.  So 2 and 3 is pretty realistic for the way we have been playing.  The only reason I'm really riling people up on here is because, unlike you, too many people were buying into this hype, and stirring shit up some. 

37 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

Po, the Browns got their asses kicked, no luck involved. 

SF and Shanny had two weeks to prepare for us.   They did a good job in their preparation...and did a good job on the field.   We couldn't control their DLine and that had a ripple affect throughout the offense.   And our defense had to play too much.

31 minutes ago, Raven5220 said:

I'm not really talking about you..you're cool really.  There's just a lot of Browns fans who ARE very arrogant, and I never saw the point in being that way.  And believe me, around here, there's not a ton of confidence in this year's Ravens.  We're not used to having a defense that you can't rely on hardly at all, when for so many years, defense was our team.  And then you got Lamar, who the fans around here are split on.  Half think he's awesome, and brings that two-tier talent to the position, with his legs and  arm....the other half has no confidence in his arm and think he's one dimensional.  Me...I'm on the fence honestly...I just find myself wishing and hoping for the most part...Now, for the objective part, the way we've been playing, and if we had your schedule so far, I think the Ravens have the same record...beat the titans and jets...you beat us convincingly, I don't think we could've handled the ram yet (hopefully we can by the time we do play them), and the 49ers scare me too.  So 2 and 3 is pretty realistic for the way we have been playing.  The only reason I'm really riling people up on here is because, unlike you, too many people were buying into this hype, and stirring shit up some. 

OK, you're finally being reasonable. I'll be reasonable too. 9-7 could easily win the AFC North. As I pointed out- after the Bengals, your schedule gets a hell of a lot tougher. This coming Sunday against the Seahawks is a litmus test for the Browns- they had better win, or at least not get embarrassed like they did against the 49ers. 

You don't understand the psyche of a lot of Browns fans. There was actual hope we might be able to do something with Baker being runner up for OROTY, adding OBJ, Vernon and a few other key pieces. Sure, some guys got carried away and totally bought into the hype- but there's us oldsters- and my NFL memories go all the way back to Jim Brown- who I saw play in person several times. We tended to be cautiously optimistic that finally after years of crap football the Browns were ready to make some noise. Maybe, maybe not. My eyes say Baker is firmly entrenched in a sophomore slump (or the League's defensive coordinators have figured him out). Like our one hit wonder Derek Anderson. Mayfield better get his act together fast. Since you say you watched the game, I'm sure you noticed his accuracy (one of his strong points, and why I wanted the Browns to draft him) has gone to hell. Throwing passes 6 feet over a wide open OBJ's head, and on the Sherman interception, he was at least  5 yards short of his intended target. Though Calloway should have caught the pass that turned into the real back breaker interception, it was far from a great throw. 

So as Niner fan said- you had better hope Lamar doesn't get killed with all that running he's doing. MHO is you didn't replace all the talent that left on your defense via free agency. You'll be good enough to beat up on teams like the Dolphins and Bengals, but I'll reserve judgement until you play  a couple games against teams like the Patriots. 

20 minutes ago, Raven5220 said:

There was no excuse to play as bad as the Browns did against Titans, and they just played terrible against 49ers, not dependent on score.

I would agree that Ravens would be 2-3 at present. I think that Browns would be 4-1 with Ravens schedule at present. Just because of how awful the Dolphins are.

I'm certainly not advocating for how they have looked so far, and even less advocating for the preseason hype of lots of people. 

They have certainly underperformed with their talent, but as a fan of the team you are cheering for, you were probably the wrong person to say how they suck.

And I certainly think you are being very premature for saying Cleveland turns winners into losers. Forget about college records, as that certainly doesn't translate, and the key acquisitions haven't really been winners in the league either. 

2 hours ago, Raven5220 said:

Really? Do people still talk like that?

Moron.

Just now, TexasAg1969 said:

Anyone find it ironic that a Ravens fan is on here slinging shit despite the fact they actually got owned by the Browns in their own stadium?. Must come from alt-world.🙃

Oh, nobody's brought that to my attention yet..lol...I will break it down for you, since you comprehend like a 6 year old.  I have already said you guys played a hell of a game against us, and tore us a new ass.  But one game doesn't change who the Browns are and have always been...a losing franchise, that nobody around the league respects or takes seriously.  The follow up game just went to prove that.  Face it, your organization just doesn't know how to win, no matter how much talent they THINK they bring in.  Was that broken down enough for you? 

9 minutes ago, Raven5220 said:

Oh, nobody's brought that to my attention yet..lol...I will break it down for you, since you comprehend like a 6 year old.  I have already said you guys played a hell of a game against us, and tore us a new ass.  But one game doesn't change who the Browns are and have always been...a losing franchise, that nobody around the league respects or takes seriously.  The follow up game just went to prove that.  Face it, your organization just doesn't know how to win, no matter how much talent they THINK they bring in.  Was that broken down enough for you? 

Apparently that loss didn't sink in too well. Talking shit after a butt whipping is pretty damn dumb. If the Browns are so bad, what does that say about the Ravens? And what does that say about you? Acting like a six year old kind of means you were projecting that comment onto me. Comprehend that. Or are you not familiar with that concept? I'd be happy to explain it to you.

20 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Apparently that loss didn't sink in too well. Talking shit after a butt whipping is pretty damn dumb. If the Browns are so bad, what does that say about the Ravens? And what does that say about you? Acting like a six year old kind of means you were projecting that comment onto me. Comprehend that. Or are you not familiar with that concept? I'd be happy to explain it to you.

Turd birds don’t comprehend. They only have shit for brains

52 minutes ago, Raven5220 said:

Face it, your organization just doesn't know how to win, no matter how much talent they THINK they bring in.  Was that broken down enough for you? 

That remains to be seen.. There's 11 games left in the season. As to thinking we brought in talent- the fact of the matter is we did, three guys who have been to Pro Bowls. 

Most good teams have a bad loss or two in the season. Ask the Rams. And I've tried to be patient, but you have no leg to stand on after the Browns kicked your ass....  

9 hours ago, Raven5220 said:

How old are you really?   I don't think it can be any more north of 12...

On 10/8/2019 at 3:49 PM, 5_Golden_Rings said:

Lol the funniest thing is how you criminally underrated the 49ers defense, just like Bucs fans did. Look at who is on their defensive line: Bosa, Ford, Buckner, Armstead, Thomas, etc. 

How many first round picks have to be on a defensive line before that unit gets some respect?

The Steelers have 8 first-round picks on their D, and......? It means nothing. Middle of the pack.  

On 10/8/2019 at 9:40 PM, hoorta said:

That remains to be seen.. There's 11 games left in the season. As to thinking we brought in talent- the fact of the matter is we did, three guys who have been to Pro Bowls. 

Most good teams have a bad loss or two in the season. Ask the Rams. And I've tried to be patient, but you have no leg to stand on after the Browns kicked your ass....  

Yea, and it was a blow out, plus limping by the Steelers, needing OT and bad calls to win, also illuminates that the Ravens are just not that good. Pitt is on their FOURTH string QB, not 3rd, as the media inaccurately claims. (Ben, Rudolph, Dobbs and then Hodges).

It's a long season, a lot will happen before we know what is what. But for a Raven fan to be popping off at this point is idiotic.   

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Icecube said:

Yea, and it was a blow out, plus limping by the Steelers, needing OT and bad calls to win, also illuminates that the Ravens are just not that good. Pitt is on their FOURTH string QB, not 3rd, as the media inaccurately claims. (Ben, Rudolph, Dobbs and then Hodges).

When did Dobbs play? Honestly I wasn't aware he was still on the roster.

5 minutes ago, Icecube said:

It's a long season, a lot will happen before we know what is what. But for a Raven fan to be popping off at this point is idiotic.   

I think that's one of my biggest frustrations...the division is FINALLY on the weak side after YEARS of being powerful, and we can't even put a decent team together that can take advantage of it. Now, granted we're 1-0 in the division, and granted our schedule has been beastly, but our eyes don't lie. The calmer fans among us can no longer simply say, "It's early" or "" It's growing pains". Not to be completely dramatic, but we're a powder keg of negative emotion that's about to explode. We have another game like this against the Seahawks, and it's definitely possible, the shit is going to get ugly. 

After Baker completely missed OBJ in the red zone (yet again) and threw it to a quadruple covered Demetrius Harris by predetermining (yet again) where to go with the ball, I knew I was seeing the total regression of a QB, and I'm not sure it can change back. I don't think most fans truly recognize just how badly Baker is playing. He's becoming shell-shocked, and our offense appears to be panicking. A trick play to OBJ on the first play? Yeesh. 2 catches a game for OBJ? Wtf is wrong with you? 

What really scares me is Baker Mayfield is GOING to get injured very soon unless something changes, it's going to happen. When that occurs, it's game over. Right now there's a chance Baker can turn it around, but he can't do that on the sidelines. We could REALLY use that Fins game right now, but instead we get Seahawks and Patriots. 

Things were looking very bleak before the Ravens game, and we not only pulled it out, we looked pretty damn good. We'll need that same performance to stave off the negative meltdown, because I'm telling you, I can feel it coming, and it's going to be awful. 

25 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

When did Dobbs play? Honestly I wasn't aware he was still on the roster.

Dobbs is now a Jaguar..Paxton Lynch is now a Steelqueer.. The entire State of Tennessee is still smoking since Peyton Manning..