THE BROWNS BOARD

How bad do the Browns destroy 49ers?

Icecube

Just now, mjp28 said:

How bad do the Browns destroy 49ers?

I think we got our answer. Time to regroup and start over 2-3.

Hope you are right but it's looking more like we quit, and that's the mark of a loser. 

1 minute ago, jiggins7919 said:

Hope you are right but it's looking more like we quit, and that's the mark of a loser. 

This team was 7-8-1 last year and has more firepower this year, time to find out what they want to do.  Run, pass whatever?

And anyone that thinks you don't need at least a decent OL to be contenders you are sadly mistaken.

4 hours ago, SD_Tom said:

LOL @ anyone who expected the Browns to win.

This team is terrible.  They truly look like one of the worst teams in the NFL right now.

I didn't expect us to win, I had hope  though.  Obviously, you haven't seen  the Dolphins  or Bengals  play  yet. 

4 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

Baker Mayfield is now completely broken. Tom Couch disease setting in. Seahawks and Patriots are even better btw. 

Are you  sure you're  not ghosting as Soju? Sophomore slump. I'll  let our  board  experts chime in on why his accuracy has unexpectedly gone to  hell.

4 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

Quit? The players  sure didn't. Shanny had a week to scheme the Browns. The first  TD, was like you draw it up perfectly on the chalkboard. Then Baker under  throws a int, and its Katie bar the door. We might  still  have had a chance  if Callaway hangs onto the  ball and rolls into the  end zone. 14 point swing right there. Anything that could  go wrong- did. Our makeshift secondary got  exposed. 

It's one  game folks, and  as I predicted earlier, the Browns have historically played like crap on the  west coast. Now if we lay another turd against Seattle, great, I'll  get on the over rated train.

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

I didn't expect us to win, I had hope  though.  Obviously, you haven't seen  the Dolphins  or Bengals  play  yet. 

Are you  sure you're  not ghosting as Soju? Sophomore slump. I'll  let our  board  experts chime in on why his accuracy has unexpectedly gone to  hell.

Quit? The players  sure didn't. Shanny had a week to scheme the Browns. The first  TD, was like you draw it up perfectly on the chalkboard. Then Baker under  throws a int, and its Katie bar the door. We might  still  have had a chance  if Callaway hangs onto the  ball and rolls into the  end zone. 14 point swing right there. Anything that could  go wrong- did. Our makeshift secondary got  exposed. 

It's one  game folks, and  as I predicted earlier, the Browns have historically played like crap on the  west coast. Now if we lay another turd against Seattle, great, I'll  get on the over rated train.

SF really came to play, Freddy came to strut.  Ginger Baker looks like he is drinking, slow fat.  He took a drumming from Bosa who was looking for his 1st big game, key error was not focusing on oline.  Ginger is too sow like and no Lamar or Wilson with his feet.  The GM over estimated his getaway.  I fear that the curse of Johnny FB is upon the Browns.

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

God I hope you're right, but that didn't seem like a fluke game. That was a prime time game that required our best punch and we didn't even suit up. But the most concerning aspect is our QB. He's not right, and anyone can see it. I don't believe in sophomore slumps or anything like that, so if you could throw the ball last year, you should be able to throw it this year. If you can't throw it to OBJ, something is wrong with you. Baker missed OBJ AGAIN in the red zone while throwing it to Demetrius Harris. WHY THE EFF are you lookin for that guy over OBJ? It's ridiculous. 

I don't know man, but something is off with our squad. Against the Rams we had our defense keep us in it, but we all knew our offense would be responsible for that task last night. They weren't up for it. Don't get upset for fans being upset, they have a right. That was hot garbage, and it wasn't the first time. And with the Seahawks and Patriots otw...well...you know. 

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

we shall see against seattle.....seattle is better than sf and russell is having himself a yr.....they can run the  ball well....which i am sure they will try to do after this dl collapse...also lb collapse...we need lbs and a dl...where the fuck is this vernon character....and this el stinko we picked up from the vikings...this game this sunday is make or break....

We have to have one of these games against 49s,Seahawks, or Patriots. Not looking good, but you never know. Biggest concern is Baker Mayfield and why he can't complete passes, especially in the red zone. Yeah Calloway dropped that ball, but it was a crappy throw. You have OBJ, what's the problem? Jesus. 

18 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

We have to have one of these games against 49s,Seahawks, or Patriots. Not looking good, but you never know. Biggest concern is Baker Mayfield and why he can't complete passes, especially in the red zone. Yeah Calloway dropped that ball, but it was a crappy throw. You have OBJ, what's the problem? Jesus. 

OL makes him jumpy and he doesn't know how to climb the pocket even when it's there.

19 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

Yeah Calloway dropped that ball, but it was a crappy throw.

Sometimes you cannot 'lead' the receiver with a pass because of the position of a defender.  Callaway has to CATCH the ball...like a professional receiver.

• Upvote 1

All these weapons..and a coach who doesnt know what to do with them.  We are set up to win now...not flounder like fish out of water.  Our team needs a better coach.  Freddie wasnt ready.  we should have kept williams.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Kvoethe said:

All these weapons..and a coach who doesnt know what to do with them.  We are set up to win now...not flounder like fish out of water.  Our team needs a better coach.  Freddie wasnt ready.  we should have kept williams.

Please stop with the Williams stuff.... That guy is awful.  His defenses are a joke. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Orion said:

Sometimes you cannot 'lead' the receiver with a pass because of the position of a defender.  Callaway has to CATCH the ball...like a professional receiver.

No, you're right, and I know you're right, but it wasn't a great throw. I think I'm more pissed about the throw to Harris. It looked like OBJ was open for a moment, and Seal was definitely open. Just about every team with an elite WR gets them the ball, especially in the end zone. So wtf is the problem? Not throw it to him in the red zone against the Rams? Same thing last night. I don't get it. 

On 10/5/2019 at 2:31 PM, jiggins7919 said:

Lord I hope you are right! 

Owe you an apology man for thinking the Browns should actually win a game they're supposed to win. Shanahan obviously had this game circled and handed it to us because Freddie was fricking clueless. Not predicting any more games this season with Freddie in charge because a hallmark of a bad coach is inability to get consistent performances from his players and put them in the best position to win. Passing to Callaway in the Red Zone when there's Landry and Beckham? Scheme ways to get them open coach. Plus asking Callaway to switch from X to Z receiver after returning from suspension? Way to go coach. Asking Pharaoh Brown to block Sosa? Even I wouldn't draw that up. We may still make the playoffs due to a weak schedule post bye but don't fool yourself that we'll win a game there.

I think you got the title of this thread reversed...lol.  The Browns suck, and you guys are the only fanbase in the entire league that bought into all the talk.  You're the Browns...a joke.  Always have been, always will be.  There's nothing about your team that scares anybody.  Mayfield is overrated, and flat out bad.  No matter what kind of talent you all picked up, none of it matters if your organization doesn't know how to win.  You didn't even belong on the same field as the niners last night.  But that's ok, keep the hype going.  It keeps the rest of the fans around the league entertained.

26 minutes ago, Raven5220 said:

I think you got the title of this thread reversed...lol.  The Browns suck, and you guys are the only fanbase in the entire league that bought into all the talk.  You're the Browns...a joke.  Always have been, always will be.  There's nothing about your team that scares anybody.  Mayfield is overrated, and flat out bad.  No matter what kind of talent you all picked up, none of it matters if your organization doesn't know how to win.  You didn't even belong on the same field as the niners last night.  But that's ok, keep the hype going.  It keeps the rest of the fans around the league entertained.

I'm not one of the guys who was saying how great this team is, I had realistic expectations.

But didn't this team that "sucks" beat your team (by screen name). So what does that say about them?

Dolphins, Cardinals, Steelers is REALLY impressive 

1 hour ago, MDDawg said:

Owe you an apology man for thinking the Browns should actually win a game they're supposed to win. Shanahan obviously had this game circled and handed it to us because Freddie was fricking clueless. Not predicting any more games this season with Freddie in charge because a hallmark of a bad coach is inability to get consistent performances from his players and put them in the best position to win. Passing to Callaway in the Red Zone when there's Landry and Beckham? Scheme ways to get them open coach. Plus asking Callaway to switch from X to Z receiver after returning from suspension? Way to go coach. Asking Pharaoh Brown to block Sosa? Even I wouldn't draw that up. We may still make the playoffs due to a weak schedule post bye but don't fool yourself that we'll win a game there.

Definitely no apology needed., and I promise I'm not trying to sound like a jaded douche bag.  I'm just frustrated.  I've never in my adult like looked forward to this team like I did this year, and it seemed to make sense.  Our young QB set records last year, we basically had all the major returning parts coming back, and we added some big names.  We should be better, or at the very least, the same, right?  Well, as of right now, that's not the case.

Look, this doesn't mean that we can't get BETTER as a team, but it's going to get potentially worse before it gets better.  I said in one of my lengthy posts that I didn't think our defense was quite as good as we hoped, and the 49's game would come down to our offense if we hoped to win.  Well, let's just say that didn't happen.  The 49's offense definitely scared me, and I figured they score 27 or so on us, but I really thought we had a chance to score 30, especially after last week's performance.  What I don't understand is why Baker is playing so poorly.  Yes, his OL let him down on multiple occasions.  I saw probowler Bitonio getting knocked on his ass multiple times, but like you said, why in the world would we have Pharoh Brown lined up with Bosa?  Why can't WE implement the same style of passing as the 49's do?  We sacked Garoppolo one time when I was watching, and the only reason we got to him was because he held onto the ball.  Why the heck can't we do more 3 step drops and quick passes?  Isn't that how we had so much success last year?  And where the heck is the big play?  

Even during the dark times, we hardly lost 31-3, or maybe my brain is simply blocking it out.  I don't remember Baker looking this lost last year, and when he did, he always fought back late and played better.  We got our butts kicked by San Diego, but Baker put together a few drives.  We stunk against the Texans, but Baker had a terrific second half.  I don't see why it's so difficult to get talented receivers the ball, and when OBJ is open, Baker either misses him high, or doesn't seem him.  We're 2-3 and far from a lost cause, but it certainly FEELS worse than that.  Somehow Seattle comes to town with 10 days of rest, which is bullcrap.  We HAVE to find a way to win either that game or the Patriots, and it's not looking good.  I will say there's a part of me that believes we're going to win the Seahawks game, and Baker will return to form.  I'm not sure they're quite as good as advertised, and we're going to be out for blood.  

The niners look like a superbowl team, with superbowl style coaching.

It is what it is.  The Browns will learn a LOT from this last debacle.

Just a terrible matchup. The Browns matched up with the ratskunks just fine.

They played their huge emotional win game last week, I think they just got outcoached, out personeled sp? vs the niners.

whatever.

They will bounce back, and go to the superbowl.

someday.

dammit.

lol.

9 minutes ago, Gunz41 said:

I'm not one of the guys who was saying how great this team is, I had realistic expectations.

But didn't this team that "sucks" beat your team (by screen name). So what does that say about them?

Dolphins, Cardinals, Steelers is REALLY impressive 

Yep, and I said that in another post...the Browns came in and played a very good game against us,  and executed well...But it's going to take a lot more than one good game to make anybody around the league take notice.  You're the Browns, the Cleveland Browns...the joke of the league.  The team that turns any good players bad.  That right there is a talent though..turn winners into losers just by joining the team.   And there's a difference between Baltimore and Cleveland:  we have a winning organization, so even though we have issues on our team that needs correcting, we recognize that, and will correct them.  You are Cleveland, a team that has always had a losing mindset.  So you will keep doing the same things over and over and expect things to get better, but the fact remains, the team is made of losers.  You can't change that.  So THAT'S really impressive.

18 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

Definitely no apology needed., and I promise I'm not trying to sound like a jaded douche bag.  I'm just frustrated.  I've never in my adult like looked forward to this team like I did this year, and it seemed to make sense.  Our young QB set records last year, we basically had all the major returning parts coming back, and we added some big names.  We should be better, or at the very least, the same, right?  Well, as of right now, that's not the case.

Look, this doesn't mean that we can't get BETTER as a team, but it's going to get potentially worse before it gets better.  I said in one of my lengthy posts that I didn't think our defense was quite as good as we hoped, and the 49's game would come down to our offense if we hoped to win.  Well, let's just say that didn't happen.  The 49's offense definitely scared me, and I figured they score 27 or so on us, but I really thought we had a chance to score 30, especially after last week's performance.  What I don't understand is why Baker is playing so poorly.  Yes, his OL let him down on multiple occasions.  I saw probowler Bitonio getting knocked on his ass multiple times, but like you said, why in the world would we have Pharoh Brown lined up with Bosa?  Why can't WE implement the same style of passing as the 49's do?  We sacked Garoppolo one time when I was watching, and the only reason we got to him was because he held onto the ball.  Why the heck can't we do more 3 step drops and quick passes?  Isn't that how we had so much success last year?  And where the heck is the big play?  

Even during the dark times, we hardly lost 31-3, or maybe my brain is simply blocking it out.  I don't remember Baker looking this lost last year, and when he did, he always fought back late and played better.  We got our butts kicked by San Diego, but Baker put together a few drives.  We stunk against the Texans, but Baker had a terrific second half.  I don't see why it's so difficult to get talented receivers the ball, and when OBJ is open, Baker either misses him high, or doesn't seem him.  We're 2-3 and far from a lost cause, but it certainly FEELS worse than that.  Somehow Seattle comes to town with 10 days of rest, which is bullcrap.  We HAVE to find a way to win either that game or the Patriots, and it's not looking good.  I will say there's a part of me that believes we're going to win the Seahawks game, and Baker will return to form.  I'm not sure they're quite as good as advertised, and we're going to be out for blood.  

In the historic 0-16 season we were only blown out twice in the latter half of the season with much less talent. Hate to see this and I thought Kitchens hire made sense at the time but I don't envisage long term success with Kitchens at the helm. Because of the schedule we may have a 10-6 season like in 2006 but flame out next year.