THE BROWNS BOARD

How bad do the Browns destroy 49ers?

Icecube

1 minute ago, Dutch Oven said:

One of the tell-tale signs of dementia is irritability.... 

Gip has been acting like he has sand in his vagina for quite a while. 

If by "sand" you mean  "facts" 

Cleveland Browns lead series, 19-9
18-9 regular season, 1-0 postseason

Postseason games noted in bold.

28 Games

Rk Date Day   Tm   Opp Tm Opp  
1 Oct 27, 1946 Sun L Cleveland Browns   San Francisco 49ers 20 34 boxscore
2 Nov 10, 1946 Sun W Cleveland Browns @ San Francisco 49ers 14 7 boxscore
3 Oct 26, 1947 Sun W Cleveland Browns @ San Francisco 49ers 14 7 boxscore
4 Nov 16, 1947 Sun W Cleveland Browns   San Francisco 49ers 37 14 boxscore
5 Nov 14, 1948 Sun W Cleveland Browns   San Francisco 49ers 14 7 boxscore
6 Nov 28, 1948 Sun W Cleveland Browns @ San Francisco 49ers 31 28 boxscore
7 Oct 9, 1949 Sun L Cleveland Browns @ San Francisco 49ers 28 56 boxscore
8 Oct 30, 1949 Sun W Cleveland Browns   San Francisco 49ers 30 28 boxscore
9 Dec 11, 1949 Sun W Cleveland Browns   San Francisco 49ers 21 7 boxscore
10 Nov 12, 1950 Sun W Cleveland Browns   San Francisco 49ers 34 14 boxscore
11 Sep 30, 1951 Sun L Cleveland Browns @ San Francisco 49ers 10 24 boxscore
12 Nov 15, 1953 Sun W Cleveland Browns   San Francisco 49ers 23 21 boxscore
13 Oct 2, 1955 Sun W Cleveland Browns @ San Francisco 49ers 38 3 boxscore
14 Nov 29, 1959 Sun L Cleveland Browns   San Francisco 49ers 20 21 boxscore
15 Dec 15, 1962 Sat W Cleveland Browns @ San Francisco 49ers 13 10 boxscore
16 Nov 3, 1968 Sun W Cleveland Browns @ San Francisco 49ers 33 21 boxscore
17 Sep 27, 1970 Sun L Cleveland Browns @ San Francisco 49ers 31 34 boxscore
18 Dec 1, 1974 Sun W Cleveland Browns   San Francisco 49ers 7 0 boxscore
19 Sep 3, 1978 Sun W Cleveland Browns   San Francisco 49ers 24 7 boxscore
20 Nov 15, 1981 Sun W Cleveland Browns @ San Francisco 49ers 15 12 boxscore
21 Nov 11, 1984 Sun L Cleveland Browns   San Francisco 49ers 7 41 boxscore
22 Nov 29, 1987 Sun L Cleveland Browns @ San Francisco 49ers 24 38 boxscore
23 Oct 28, 1990 Sun L Cleveland Browns @ San Francisco 49ers 17 20 boxscore
24 Sep 13, 1993 Mon W Cleveland Browns   San Francisco 49ers 23 13 boxscore
25 Sep 21, 2003 Sun W Cleveland Browns @ San Francisco 49ers 13 12 boxscore
26 Dec 30, 2007 Sun W Cleveland Browns   San Francisco 49ers 20 7 boxscore
27 Oct 30, 2011 Sun L Cleveland Browns @ San Francisco 49ers 10 20 boxscore
28 Dec 13, 2015 Sun W Cleveland Browns   San Francisco 49ers 24 10 boxscore

I will agree with your position when you can get the HOF, PFR, Elias etc. etc. to agree with you to delete history. 

Three teams were invited into the NFL from the AAFC - the Cleveland Browns, San Francisco 49ers and the Baltimore Colts. Not four.

The Browns and 49ers have played 19 NFL games. The first Browns vs 49ers NFL game occurred in 1950, the 20th will be tomorrow night.

Those Browns vs 49ers games between 1946-1949 were AAFC regular and post season games. 

This is not as hard as you are making it. 

6 minutes ago, flyingfooldoug said:

It’s easy enough to see Gips point. All you gotta do is look at the HOF. They recognize us... The Browns with 8 championships..... and yes. Zero super balls 

Yeah just like the MLB HOF recognized the women's baseball league during WWII. 🍿.....  :lol:

Time to end this farce of a subject or delete it permanently.

Another explanation is that unlike the NFL-AFL agreement, the NFL-AAFC agreement was not a merger between equals. Only three of the seven AAFC teams were admitted to the NFL. There was no interleague playoff in December 1949. "American" swiftly disappeared from the enlarged league's name. The AFL, on the other hand, was able to force the NFL to admit all of its teams and to play an interleague championship game on a neutral field.

The Pro Football Hall of Fame does recognize AAFC statistics.

EOM.

5 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Three teams were invited into the NFL from the AAFC - the Cleveland Browns, San Francisco 49ers and the Baltimore Colts.

The Browns and 49ers have played 19 NFL games. The first Browns vs 49ers NFL game occurred in 1950, the 20th will be tomorrow night.

Those Browns vs 49ers games between 1946-1949 were AAFC regular and post season games. 

This is not as hard as you are making it. 

You are right. It is not as hard as it seems.   Then why are you getting everything wrong.  Like I said, the 49ers/Browns matchup are as posted. They stand on their face.

7 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Yeah just like the MLB HOF recognized the women's baseball league during WWII. 🍿.....  :lol:

Time to end this farce of a subject or delete it permanently.

Another explanation is that unlike the NFL-AFL agreement, the NFL-AAFC agreement was not a merger between equals. Only three of the seven AAFC teams were admitted to the NFL. There was no interleague playoff in December 1949. "American" swiftly disappeared from the enlarged league's name. The AFL, on the other hand, was able to force the NFL to admit all of its teams and to play an interleague championship game on a neutral field.

The Pro Football Hall of Fame does recognize AAFC statistics.

EOM.

The facts stand on their face.

(but you are right...it was not a merger of equals.   NO NFL team was equal to the Browns.....who won the title their first season as a participant with the NFL after the merger...and were in 6 consecutive title games thereafter..  They had no equal....until they matched up vs. the Lions.

6 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Yes, the Pro Football Hall of Fame does recognize AAFC stats, because the HOF is not specifically a NFL entity. It covers all professional football, which of course the AAFC was. 

Maybe you can break that down so everybody here can understand it?    ( this is so stupid trying to converse with a baby, I might do something I've never done and use the ignore option )

...... Change baby to outright troll, generally they get banned.

Edited by mjp28

10 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

You are right. It is not as hard as it seems.   Then why are you getting everything wrong.  Like I said, the 49ers/Browns matchup are as posted. They stand on their face.

I can literally picture you, sooner than later, screaming down the halls of a nursing home: "CLEVELAND HAS WON 13 FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS! THE BROWNS HAVE WON 8 CHAMPIONSHIPS! WHY WON'T ANYONE LISTEN TO ME! WHY WON'T SOMEONE CHANGE MY DIAPER SO I CAN TELL YOU MORE STUPID USELESS TRIVIA THAT NO ONE CARES ABOUT?"

8 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

The facts stand on their face.

(but you are right...it was not a merger of equals.   NO NFL team was equal to the Browns.....who won the title their first season as a participant with the NFL after the merger...and were in 6 consecutive title games thereafter..  They had no equal....until they matched up vs. the Lions.

The Los Angeles Rams beat the Cleveland Browns in the 1951 NFL Championship. 

Which meant at that moment, the Rams were 1-1 vs the Browns in NFL Title Games.

1-1 = equal. 

As much as this means to you, you just aren't very good at this. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I can literally picture you, sooner than later, screaming down the halls of a nursing home: "CLEVELAND HAS WON 13 FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS! THE BROWNS HAVE WON 8 CHAMPIONSHIPS! WHY WON'T ANYONE LISTEN TO ME! WHY WON'T SOMEONE CHANGE MY DIAPER SO I CAN TELL YOU MORE STUPID USELESS TRIVIA THAT NO ONE CARES ABOUT?"

The Los Angeles Rams beat the Cleveland Browns in the 1951 NFL Championship. 

Which meant at that moment, the Rams were 1-1 vs the Browns in NFL Title Games. 

As much as this means to you, you just aren't very good at this. 

You were the one having a hissy fit I’m just stating the facts stand on your face. It’s what I do I just state facts. Plus I’m on aware of the Rams and Browns history. the Browns were the better. Plus just a couple years later the Browns beat the Rams again in the NFL title game. So they ended up with a 2 to 1 record

12 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Maybe you can break that down so everybody here can understand it?    ( this is so stupid trying to converse with a baby, I might do something I've never done and use the ignore option )

...... Change baby to outright troll, generally they get banned.

Gip is the epitome of the blowhard who loves to hear the sound of his own voice.

He's this board's Cliff Clavin from 'Cheers'. 

2 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Gip is the epitome of the blowhard who loves to hear the sound of his own voice.

In a way Cliff was funny the other one is just a nasty egotistical SOB. Oh well not my problem that's for sure.  ;)

11 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

"Type, type, type..........type, type, type,..........type, type."

Damn I can hear it all the way down here too.🖥️📣🤠

• Haha 1

OK, enough of this arguing semantics over crap that happened 70 years ago, it has absolutely nothing to do with the game that will be played tomorrow.  So keep it at that, or I'll have to shut down yet another thread due to Gipper spouting. I believe this slogan was used in a presidential campaign- and it applies to Gipper "in his heart he knows he's right.  AND WE DON'T FREAKING CARE!!!!  

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

OK, enough of this arguing semantics over crap that happened 70 years ago, it has absolutely nothing to do with the game that will be played tomorrow.  So keep it at that, or I'll have to shut down yet another thread due to Gipper spouting. I believe this slogan was used in a presidential campaign- and it applies to Gipper "in his heart he knows he's right.  AND WE DON'T FREAKING CARE!!!!  

Actually I think that slogan was in “your heart you know he’s right”. 

1 minute ago, The Gipper said:

Actually I think that slogan was in “your heart you know he’s right”. 

Just a little poetic license. I know that was Jimmy Carter. And it's really not worth arguing about. Both that and AAFC records. The only one on the board who was alive back then to my knowledge is Canton Mike, and he was only a few years old. 

2 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Just a little poetic license. I know that was Jimmy Carter. And it's really not worth arguing about. Both that and AAFC records. The only one on the board who was alive back then to my knowledge is Canton Mike, and he was only a few years old. 

Was he alive when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor 🦅

• Haha 1

Browns vs 49ers, the record is 19 wins vs 9 losses. Add in that SF has not played a decent team all season vs the competition we've faced and I predict the game will be a blowout. 

Look for Will's to run another Belicik defense on the 9ers like he did the RS and the Ravens, that will kill the 9ers run game. Our healthy secondary will start picking off whatever Garret allows Garopolo to throw, I don't expect a lot. 

I foresee a very high number of turnovers by the 9ers as long as no fights break out on our side. Discipline. 

47 minutes ago, Dawgpound dobie said:

Browns vs 49ers, the record is 19 wins vs 9 losses. Add in that SF has not played a decent team all season vs the competition we've faced and I predict the game will be a blowout. 

Look for Will's to run another Belicik defense on the 9ers like he did the RS and the Ravens, that will kill the 9ers run game. Our healthy secondary will start picking off whatever Garret allows Garopolo to throw, I don't expect a lot. 

I foresee a very high number of turnovers by the 9ers as long as no fights break out on our side. Discipline. 

OK...I've been holding out on this one....

...why do people keep quoting the all-time record as if that will have any bearing whatsoever on the outcome of this game? I mean if it were a divisional opponent you play every year I could see it....but this seems...odd.

On 10/4/2019 at 4:27 PM, The Gipper said:

Well...per PFR, that is wrong.   Maybe whatever source you were looking at does not include AAFC years......so fuck whatever source that is.  It would be an invalid source if only included since 1950 included.

Well since he said SINCE 1950, he would be correct.

This is the dumbest thing I have ever witnessed. If you had read it you would see you are incorrect.

But we ALL know you won't admit it

1 hour ago, Marvin49 said:

OK...I've been holding out on this one....

...why do people keep quoting the all-time record as if that will have any bearing whatsoever on the outcome of this game? I mean if it were a divisional opponent you play every year I could see it

I see something different..This is the 8th meeting between Wilks(4) & Shanny(3).. Wilks last loss was in 2016 vs Falcons super bowl year..Panthers were all banged up..2017 DC Wilks Panthers beat Niners..Last season in 2018, Wilks Cards beat Niners twice 2-0.. With No Jimmy G, but Wilks was Coaching a team that still earned the 1st pick...Good Luck, and my best guess is? can ya score 20? I say we can..  

I've been reading this thread and one hour away from the game I'll participate. I think the 49ers are a good balanced team and I don't think we are the 16-0 Patriots, so I expect a close entertaining game... Which we will win. 

• Like 1

How bad do the Browns destroy 49ers?

I think we got our answer. Time to regroup and start over 2-3.

• Like 1

Baker Mayfield is now completely broken. Tom Couch disease setting in. Seahawks and Patriots are even better btw.