THE BROWNS BOARD

How bad do the Browns destroy 49ers?

Icecube

1 hour ago, flyingfooldoug said:

Going back to 1950, we got their number. 12- 7 all time. Does that mean we win Monday? No. We win because we are a better team with a better coach and GM. 

If you were doing the trivia which is on another thread you would have given the incorrect answer

15 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

Haha not aggressive at all.  We aren’t soft in here anyway.  

I think Browns fans will chalk it up as a win if your FB is helping on Garrett.  We’d rather deal with him on the blocking front than catching the ball out of the backfield.  Same with that Great TE.  Same with WR.  I kinda want to see a guy like Deebo Samuel wham block Garrett.  He probably ain’t the right Deebo for that job.   The old Browns would get killed by the back catching out of the backfield or the TE down the seam.  I think those areas are getting better but we haven’t had elite QUarterback play from any team we’ve faced. So if Jimmy is elite and a Target is chipping Garrett and not getting his head turned around and catching a ball- great for us

i actually said I don’t care who we played or who the Niners played.  It’s irrelevant Sunday night.  If your team totals and rankings are proof of an advantage that one team is better than the other - we are going to be in a for surprise Monday.  The Browns might be the biggest wildcard (no pun intended) in the NFL the expectations are high because the roster is talented but we saw just glimpses of it a play here and a play there the first 3 weeks.  Last week we saw probably a good half of the kind of football most expected.  What’s this week like? If it’s what we think we should do well Monday

this has a 24-20 feel to it.  The defensive lines making enough big plays to force some punts and the teams staying close to one another.  

Oh one other stat I forgot to mention.

Its impressive, but also should also take into account that turnovers contribute to it:

The 49ers have had only two 3 and outs. All Season. Both were in the second half vs Pitt.

I think this is gonna be a really good game and a ton of fun to watch.

The Niner tho really need this one so I think you'll get their best. They get the Rams next week and after last night those guys are gonna play like a cornered animal. No way do they wanna go from 3-0 to 3-3.

2 hours ago, Marvin49 said:

Oh one other stat I forgot to mention.

Its impressive, but also should also take into account that turnovers contribute to it:

The 49ers have had only two 3 and outs. All Season. Both were in the second half vs Pitt.

I think this is gonna be a really good game and a ton of fun to watch.

The Niner tho really need this one so I think you'll get their best. They get the Rams next week and after last night those guys are gonna play like a cornered animal. No way do they wanna go from 3-0 to 3-3.

Or they get caught looking ahead to a division opponent. 

You are telling me a lot on 3 games.  Not enough data points in that time.  Monday night will be all about matchups.  Browns vs. 9ers.  

Both Dlines have an advantage over the Olines.  That kind of matchup tells me we see some punts, maybe some big turnovers probably looking at the Under point total.  

Browns keys: Browns stopping the Run and Browns giving Baker enough time. Flip it for the Niners.  Anyone see it differently?

Looks like Browns have OBJ, Landry, Higgins, Callaway back  - Richard Sherman better have those young pups ready.  

3 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

Or they get caught looking ahead to a division opponent. 

You are telling me a lot on 3 games.  Not enough data points in that time.  Monday night will be all about matchups.  Browns vs. 9ers.  

Both Dlines have an advantage over the Olines.  That kind of matchup tells me we see some punts, maybe some big turnovers probably looking at the Under point total.  

Browns keys: Browns stopping the Run and Browns giving Baker enough time. Flip it for the Niners.  Anyone see it differently?

Looks like Browns have OBJ, Landry, Higgins, Callaway back  - Richard Sherman better have those young pups ready.  

And now a functional pass catching TE in Ricky S-J.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TexasAg1969 said:

And now a functional pass catching TE in Ricky S-J.

I gotta be honest not enough game tape yet of him, but I feel better with him than Njoku.

Njoku good for a drop and blown blocking assignment sometimes two each game.  

Having said that He plays out his rookie deal - we let him walk and probably fixes the mistakes and drops he makes 

3 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

That’s what google gave me. That includes post season too. So they say. 

Well...per PFR, that is wrong.   Maybe whatever source you were looking at does not include AAFC years......so fuck whatever source that is.  It would be an invalid source if only included since 1950 included.

On 10/2/2019 at 12:19 PM, The Gipper said:

Kyle Shanahan was a **MASK** when he coached here.  

What's that mean Gip? I thought he was a worm.

Anyways...our D shuts them out and shuts up the crowd. 17-0 Browns 6 sacks at Pin Drop Stadium Part 2. Glad to be underDAWGS! Poss'um

Jimmy G's monster night vs. Cleveland improves the 49ers to 4-0

Monday night's juicy matchup between the undefeated San Francisco 49ers and offseason darling Cleveland Browns will live up to the hype. The quarterback everyone will be talking about by the end of the game isn't Baker Mayfield, though -- it's Jimmy Garoppolo. Jimmy G's been up and down so far this season -- he's definitely not alone in that -- but he'll come out balling after the bye week. Garoppolo throws all over Cleveland's defense for 400 passing yards, three TDs and has zero picks for the first time this season, keeping the Niners undefeated heading into Week 6.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Vambo said:
Jimmy G's monster night vs. Cleveland improves the 49ers to 4-0

Monday night's juicy matchup between the undefeated San Francisco 49ers and offseason darling Cleveland Browns will live up to the hype. The quarterback everyone will be talking about by the end of the game isn't Baker Mayfield, though -- it's Jimmy Garoppolo. Jimmy G's been up and down so far this season -- he's definitely not alone in that -- but he'll come out balling after the bye week. Garoppolo throws all over Cleveland's defense for 400 passing yards, three TDs and has zero picks for the first time this season, keeping the Niners undefeated heading into Week 6.

I'm not seeing it. Skule is  no Staley. He's going to be humiliated, which means Garoppolo is going to either be on his back or making ill advised throws.

5 hours ago, Vambo said:
Jimmy G's monster night vs. Cleveland improves the 49ers to 4-0.......

Bold predictions are like horse racing or lottery tickets they're all winners right up to the event.  That's why they play the game.

This might be a good Monday Night Football game Mayfield vs Garoppolo I think I'll watch it.   :)

GO BROWNS, shake up the football world again this week!

11 hours ago, bamwa said:

What's that mean Gip? I thought he was a worm.

Anyways...our D shuts them out and shuts up the crowd. 17-0 Browns 6 sacks at Pin Drop Stadium Part 2. Glad to be underDAWGS! Poss'um

There now seems to be just one word that is still on autocorrect.....and that is the word I used.    But..."worm" is good enough.

16 hours ago, 5_Golden_Rings said:

Remember what the wildebeasts did to Mufasa though...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGjzpBQbHLA

JK. Garrett is going to dominate. Jimmy G better treat the football like a hot potato or he is going to get crushed.

OK, if you have about 150 linemen in front of Garrett...perhaps they will control him.  Just one of 2 of those wildebeests though?  No match.

9 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

Yep, just NFL records. And for NFL reasons, perfectly valid

Actually, no.  Not if you know why they were done that way.....in fact they were perfectly invalid reasons.  The sole basis of excluding those records was based on spite, jealousy and resentment. 

Just what, exactly do YOU believe were these so called valid reasons?

18 minutes ago, MDDawg said:

Browns win 31, 49ers 17. Antonio Callaway's return unleashes the OBJ we've dreamed about since April, Myles Garrett sacks Jimmy G three times (one of them a strip) after tossing the rookie LT around like a rag doll all game.

Lord I hope you are right! 

2 hours ago, choco said:

If Myles gets 3 sacks, browns likely lose. It means he is getting sucked up and they likely have up 4-6 big plays when he didn't get home. 

Wilks is smarter than that, and will pressure the middle to keep contain.

I think a lot of it comes down to our ability to cover their tight end. That guy is forever open off play-action AND he's a terrific blocker. We already know their defensive line is beastly, so hopefully last week and the Rams warmed us up. 😎

1 hour ago, jiggins7919 said:

I think a lot of it comes down to our ability to cover their tight end. That guy is forever open off play-action AND he's a terrific blocker. We already know their defensive line is beastly, so hopefully last week and the Rams warmed us up. 😎

the niners had 5 turnovers on offense the last game -  Really a fascinating matchup - they will try to double on OBJ and Landry, and take away Chubb having a good game.

The Browns will try to shut down the wr Pettis, their running game.. and their fast TE. If they can stop Garropolo sp? from hitting a bunch of short outlet throws, and watch for screens....

If the defense scores, the Browns will win. I don't see them stopping Chubb most of the game.

How are the niners going to stop Chubb, OBJ, Landry, Calloway?, Higgins AND Seals-Jones at TE?

not going to happen, I think. I just wish Ward and Greedy were back.

I think the Browns have the advantage in those objectives.

25 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

I think the Browns have the advantage in those objectives......the BROWNS do have a shot on offense.

And it seems so long to wait for Monday Night but you also are the only NFL  game on TV!  And then all of the questions will be answered.   Are you ready?

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

the niners had 5 turnovers on offense the last game -  Really a fascinating matchup - they will try to double on OBJ and Landry, and take away Chubb having a good game.

I agree that it's fascinating, and I don't have a grasp of this game's outcome. It really is tough to figure out! 

I guess what I want to know is if our defense REALLY is that good, ya know? A part of me thinks we're solid but not spectacular, and another part believes that we're simply special and we're going to make life tough on everyone. This is another real test, and the defense showed up to our last few games, but this one is very different. I also think tackling will be beyond important, as San Francisco will try to get as many YAC as possible and use short passes to accomplish it. 

I'd be shocked if the Browns destroy the 49'ers 

This should be a classic chest match showing why Steve Wilks earned his position as being a great defensive back coach most his career.. Our secondary & LB's will need their best effort of the early season..Our front 4 will need to set the early tone just as last week..and on the road in Redzone? Score TD's... not FG's..     

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Actually, no.  Not if you know why they were done that way.....in fact they were perfectly invalid reasons.  The sole basis of excluding those records was based on spite, jealousy and resentment. 

Just what, exactly do YOU believe were these so called valid reasons?

You should probably inform the NFL that they have the wrong numbers. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1