THE BROWNS BOARD

How bad do the Browns destroy 49ers?

Icecube

Considering how the Browns dismantled the Ravens (dropped 45 on their @ss), how bad do they crush the 9ers?

- Keep in mind, coaches finally realized you need to rush the ball to win. After successful rush plays, it forces the opposing D to play more honest and that opens up the passing lanes, and keeps the LBs on their heels. It means everything. Now that the Browns know this, we should see continued prolific points from now on. 

- 9ers are giving up 18 points per game vs. Browns 22.8. That stat's meaningless. SF played TB, Cinci and Pgh - 3 of the weakest teams in the NFL. Browns' D is way better. 

- Baker now understands he has to be amped up every game, not just show up. 

- Considering they just knocked out the Ravens' teeth for 45, Browns should score over 50 on the 9ers. This game might not even be close.  

I'm hoping that they just win after a big road win last week and a cross country primetime road trip coming up against a rested team. I'm glad that they are the underdogs!

GO BROWNS, just win again......baby!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

54 minutes ago, Comeonman said:

It’ll be much closer than the Ravens game. Just hope we come out with a W. It would be huge 

The Ravens win was enormous.

Following a big win with another one has been incredibly rare for the "new" Browns. That's how you start rolling. 

2 hours ago, Icecube said:

Considering how the Browns dismantled the Ravens (dropped 45 on their @ss), how bad do they crush the 9ers?

- Keep in mind, coaches finally realized you need to rush the ball to win. After successful rush plays, it forces the opposing D to play more honest and that opens up the passing lanes, and keeps the LBs on their heels. It means everything. Now that the Browns know this, we should see continued prolific points from now on. 

- 9ers are giving up 18 points per game vs. Browns 22.8. That stat's meaningless. SF played TB, Cinci and Pgh - 3 of the weakest teams in the NFL. Browns' D is way better. 

- Considering they just knocked out the Ravens' teeth for 45, Browns should score over 50 on the 9ers. This game might not even be close.  

You sound like a Niner Fan.  Aside from the visitor we have this weekend most of them think we are at least two touchdowns behind them.

The injuries worry me.  We need our Corners back for this game.  Landry and Higgins or one of the two really needed. This is the type of game you sign Sheldon Richardson for.

back to back roadies and 2nd going West Coast- don’t like it.  Every time we go to CA it seems we stink- but these aren’t the same Browns. 

i really like OBJ vs Anyone they put on him and Myles Garrett vs anyone they put on him.  And the Niners need to figure that out and when attention is needed in those - something has to give somewhere else.  These are arguably the two biggest mismatches and they favor the Browns.

i think Jimmy G can get rattled.  I think our guy can get confused too.

if we gameplan well again and we block upfront - we should win 

having said all this I’ll take a 7-6 win.  Truthfully this is the type of a game an aspiring playoff team wins.

• Upvote 1

I've always said that surviving the 1st quarter is the main obstacle for a road game. So far, so good for the Browns this season.

Keep that up and we can get the W.

I've been impressed with Wilks' D game plans. Plus, he knows the 9ers fairly well. 

Nothing is easy for Cle ever. I see a close one, I think we take it and move to 3-0 on the road.

Kittles' targets are down and he's yet to catch a TD yet, but his catch percentage is way up and he is still SF's leading receiver???

Hmmmmm...

Yup... looked and this season SF is running the ball 57% of the time. In 2018 their run percentage was 44%. That's a huge shift...

Kittle has made all three starts and has been on the field for 187 of 201 snaps in 3 games.

PFF has him as their top TE thru Week 4.

So the 9ers are passing less plus I'd say he is no longer sneaking up on anybody...

1 hour ago, SdBacker80 said:

back to back roadies and 2nd going West Coast- don’t like it.

And the cherry on top....

a long trip home...

a short week...

... and Seattle coming to town.

How bad? The worst I've ever seen.

6 hours ago, Icecube said:

I'd expect this game to be very close. The biggest problem the Browns face against the 9ers is their O-line. I don't want to get into an argument with anyone about Steelers vs Browns, but the Steelers O-line is just flat out better. Even injury riddled, the 9ers D had their way with the Steelers O-line, and Rudolph panicked. I don't expect this to be easy for Mayfield in the pocket. He is going to be flushed out often, and for a young quarterback that is panicked, that just doesn't work out all that well.

That being said, the Browns really need to utilize their running game in this match. Chubb has proved he can be a downhill beast, and may be able to keep the 9ers D on their heels. I don't see the Browns WR talent being incredibly useful this game. Lots of check downs and play action.

7 hours ago, Icecube said:

I'll respond only by saying I really hope Browns players and coaches think the exact same thing.

Methinks you may be surprised Monday Night.

Should be fun. Peace.

32 minutes ago, steelersfan412 said:

I'd expect this game to be very close. The biggest problem the Browns face against the 9ers is their O-line. I don't want to get into an argument with anyone about Steelers vs Browns, but the Steelers O-line is just flat out better. Even injury riddled, the 9ers D had their way with the Steelers O-line, and Rudolph panicked. I don't expect this to be easy for Mayfield in the pocket. He is going to be flushed out often, and for a young quarterback that is panicked, that just doesn't work out all that well.

That being said, the Browns really need to utilize their running game in this match. Chubb has proved he can be a downhill beast, and may be able to keep the 9ers D on their heels. I don't see the Browns WR talent being incredibly useful this game. Lots of check downs and play action.

Shhhhhhhhhh....   :D

They'll win by 50. No worries.  :D

3 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Kittles' targets are down and he's yet to catch a TD yet, but his catch percentage is way up and he is still SF's leading receiver???

Hmmmmm...

Yup... looked and this season SF is running the ball 57% of the time. In 2018 their run percentage was 44%. That's a huge shift...

Kittle has made all three starts and has been on the field for 187 of 201 snaps in 3 games.

PFF has him as their top TE thru Week 4.

So the 9ers are passing less plus I'd say he is no longer sneaking up on anybody...

So couple things....

1) Kittle actually had 2 TDs called back on penalty in week one.

2) He's not hurt. He's the same guy. They just haven't needed him to do as much as he did last year. He's due for a big game.

3) The dude is a monster in the run game. He's a big reason they are running so well.

Just now, Marvin49 said:

I'm actually a Niner fan. Just think the OP was kinda funny.

All good tho.  :D  Yer boys looked better last night, particularly that Pass Rush. Nice to get that 1st win.

Actually didn't get to see that game, had some loose ends I needed to tie up at work before things went prime-time. Figures I would miss that 1st win, right?

Good luck this weekend, your boys are gonna have their hands full if the Browns play their cards right. I guess we'll see how management decides to play their hand.

11 minutes ago, steelersfan412 said:

Actually didn't get to see that game, had some loose ends I needed to tie up at work before things went prime-time. Figures I would miss that 1st win, right?

Good luck this weekend, your boys are gonna have their hands full if the Browns play their cards right. I guess we'll see how management decides to play their hand.

I'm sure they will....wait what? Browns win by 50.  :D

3 minutes ago, Kvoethe said:

SF has some talent.  No destruction

The biggest weapon SF has is Kyle Shanahan, and if you don't think he's pumped to play us, you're nuts. This will be another huge test for Wilks, as Shanahan uses a bunch of motion, misdirection, and different sets aimed to get guys open and to exploit weaknesses, and he's one of the best at doing it. 

Now, SF WILL turn the ball over, and there's absolutely no way they should have beaten Pittsburgh after literally gifting them 4-5 turnovers. They pull that crap with us and we're liable to beat their ass like a drum. But, we REALLY need Denzel and Greedy back, and it ain't looking good fellas. Maybe we'll get an update soon, but I doubt it. Hamstrings are a total bitch and it's ALMOST unbelievable that BOTH our young pups hurt them. Almost 😂

13 hours ago, Icecube said:

I think if you're expecting them to dominate and crush the 49ers you're setting yourself up for serious disappointment. However, they can beat the 49ers by executing the exact same plan as they brought vs the Ravens. Run the ball a lot. Mix up the playcalling. Throw quickly and trust the receivers to make plays. Keep Bosa away from Baker. Attack Jimmy G on defense and never let up the pressure. 

I'm not sure if the niners are good or not yet. They've beaten Tampa who seems to be a bit of a boom or bust team and they've beaten Pittsburgh who, in my opinion, are not very good. They are currently scraping by in the minds of most people on the weight of past accomplishments back when they had Roethlisberger, Brown and Bell. The niners have also beaten Cincinnati who appear to be giving the Miami dolphins a run for their money. 

• Upvote 1

I am actually feeling better about this matchup.

I am actually not expecting the turnover unforced errors that have plagued the Niners.  They have likely pounded the fact into the ground for 15 days HANG ONTO the Ball.  

I am expecting a Niner game plan centered around help chip Garrett, confuse Baker, and Shade/help on OBJ. I think the Niners are bold/brash enough to watch the tape and say that their front 7 can do the Job on Chubb and we aren’t the Ravens. If Chubb gets going early it becomes a cat and mouse game and we may see a WR or WRs get loose on the stat sheet.

the Browns can and should be able to do the following- stunt and twist and get Obi, Vernon, Richardson and Co. after the QB. Let’s not act like the niners have this good line - they were counting on Shon Coleman until a Preseason injury- he’d probably be in the lineup on a Monday.  Remember him?  When you help/chip on pass rusher it usually means one less guy to account for?  Great for us.

If you want to play OBJ tough you need a guy like Humphrey and help  I don’t see anyone in Niner uniform with his ability. But you throw help on OBJ and we have to get some plays out to other guys singled on a pretty pedestrian Niner secondary- what’s not to like about that.  The Niners are gonna zone us to death part of the confuse Baker mode.  Zone schemes are made for savvy vets you have Richard Sherman on one side- he’s a savvy vet.  But arguably Plays man better and then a bunch of guys figuring things out still.  Maybe I’m not buying into their early season numbers and lack of data and even severely underestimating the group but I like our chances with this matchup and we will see Monday night.

Monken and Freddy are brewing up some big packages on O.  I think they want to run at Dee Ford and I think we are going to test the great rookie Bosa out of the gate and use his aggressiveness against him.  I expect doubles on Ford and off tackle runs and screens over Bosa.  We are going to try to power and beat up the ends and also screen pass and neutralize the rush

37 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

I am actually feeling better about this matchup.

I am actually not expecting the turnover unforced errors that have plagued the Niners.  They have likely pounded the fact into the ground for 15 days HANG ONTO the Ball.  

I am expecting a Niner game plan centered around help chip Garrett, confuse Baker, and Shade/help on OBJ. I think the Niners are bold/brash enough to watch the tape and say that their front 7 can do the Job on Chubb and we aren’t the Ravens. If Chubb gets going early it becomes a cat and mouse game and we may see a WR or WRs get loose on the stat sheet.

the Browns can and should be able to do the following- stunt and twist and get Obi, Vernon, Richardson and Co. after the QB. Let’s not act like the niners have this good line - they were counting on Shon Coleman until a Preseason injury- he’d probably be in the lineup on a Monday.  Remember him?  When you help/chip on pass rusher it usually means one less guy to account for?  Great for us.

If you want to play OBJ tough you need a guy like Humphrey and help  I don’t see anyone in Niner uniform with his ability. But you throw help on OBJ and we have to get some plays out to other guys singled on a pretty pedestrian Niner secondary- what’s not to like about that.  The Niners are gonna zone us to death part of the confuse Baker mode.  Zone schemes are made for savvy vets you have Richard Sherman on one side- he’s a savvy vet.  But arguably Plays man better and then a bunch of guys figuring things out still.  Maybe I’m not buying into their early season numbers and lack of data and even severely underestimating the group but I like our chances with this matchup and we will see Monday night.

Monken and Freddy are brewing up some big packages on O.  I think they want to run at Dee Ford and I think we are going to test the great rookie Bosa out of the gate and use his aggressiveness against him.  I expect doubles on Ford and off tackle runs and screens over Bosa.  We are going to try to power and beat up the ends and also screen pass and neutralize the rush

RE Shon Coleman - he was going to be the #3 tackle, the swing tackle, before dislocating his ankle in preseason. Starters are Staley and McGlinchey. The line has actually played very well this year, including against the D-Line that gave up 8 sacks on Monday Night. 

I also keep reading about ways to deal with Bosa and Ford, but you aren't even talking about the best player on the D. DeForest Buckner.

You could be right on everything else. We'll see. 

I think many of you are greatly underestimating your opponent, but its all good.  :)   Should be fun on Monday.

12 hours ago, steelersfan412 said:

I'd expect this game to be very close. The biggest problem the Browns face against the 9ers is their O-line. I don't want to get into an argument with anyone about Steelers vs Browns, but the Steelers O-line is just flat out better.

It is.  It is the only part of your team that is better.

Even injury riddled, the 9ers D had their way with the Steelers O-line, and Rudolph panicked. I don't expect this to be easy for Mayfield in the pocket. He is going to be flushed out often, and for a young quarterback that is panicked, that just doesn't work out all that well.

He is learning.  A bigger test was facing the Rams and Aaron Donald.  But he learns, and so, hopefully, does Freddie to the point that he scheming and play calling can negate a big rush.

I don't have a clue what the hell you are talking about here:  Brown WR talent not being useful?  Do you not expect the Browns to pass the ball?  You need to explain that one.

5 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

The biggest weapon SF has is Kyle Shanahan, and if you don't think he's pumped to play us, you're nuts. This will be another huge test for Wilks, as Shanahan uses a bunch of motion, misdirection, and different sets aimed to get guys open and to exploit weaknesses, and he's one of the best at doing it. 

Now, SF WILL turn the ball over, and there's absolutely no way they should have beaten Pittsburgh after literally gifting them 4-5 turnovers. They pull that crap with us and we're liable to beat their ass like a drum. But, we REALLY need Denzel and Greedy back, and it ain't looking good fellas. Maybe we'll get an update soon, but I doubt it. Hamstrings are a total bitch and it's ALMOST unbelievable that BOTH our young pups hurt them. Almost 😂

Kyle Shanahan was a **MASK** when he coached here.