THE BROWNS BOARD

WEEK 4 - MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL SPECIAL - One man's opinion on Cincinnati at Pittsburgh

mjp28

4 hours ago, mjp28 said:

That is true.  And I love to occasionally listen to the BROWNS if a TV isn't available or the Tribe and Hammy just about anytime I don't want to watch TV.

WE Cleveland fans have been spoiled with some really good broadcasters over the years.

Really not a fan of the voice of the Cavs. Sounds kind of annoying lol, I am sure he is a decent person but I would much rather watch the tv announcers than the Cavs radio network but when it comes to the Browns I love to listen to Jim and Doug 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, The Gipper said:

And please get rid of that cheerleader masquerading as a color commentator- Dave Lapdog.....  :D 

FIFY

NOT that I care...I don't ever recall listening to a home radio broadcast of a Bengals game....though I think it is possible that they have an outlet in Massillon  (very low power...can't even get it where I am)

Then try 700 AM WLW out of Cincinnati- for kicks and giggles. They're one of those 50,000 watt clear channel jobs like CKLW used to be (maybe still is).  I can easily pick them up as far north as Mansfield- never tried any farther north though. If you're really curious, you can stream their broadcast over the internet. Just like when I'm in the mood, I can stream 850 WKNR Cleveland and listen to all the latest Browns chatter.   Yup, now that Myron Cope is dead- talk about a voice that would grate on your nerves. Gipper you probably remember Arnold Stang from back in the 60s. I would swear Myron sounded just like him. But now,  Lapham HAS to be the worst I've heard that's still alive. GO! GO! GO! Come on guys, we need a stop NOW!!!!   Barf. 

https://www.bengals.com/listen/

5 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Then try 700 AM WLW out of Cincinnati- for kicks and giggles. They're one of those 50,000 watt clear channel jobs like CKLW used to be (maybe still is).  I can easily pick them up as far north as Mansfield- never tried any farther north though. If you're really curious, you can stream their broadcast over the internet. Just like when I'm in the mood, I can stream 850 WKNR Cleveland and listen to all the latest Browns chatter.   Yup, now that Myron Cope is dead- talk about a voice that would grate on your nerves. Gipper you probably remember Arnold Stang from back in the 60s. I would swear Myron sounded just like him. But now,  Lapham HAS to be the worst I've heard that's still alive. GO! GO! GO! Come on guys, we need a stop NOW!!!!   Barf. 

https://www.bengals.com/listen/

Are they still clear channel or is it Live Nation Now? I hated clear channel don't get me wrong but I fucking despise Live Nation, I was happy back when it was still AM/FM/ inc. they treated us some what ok  but Live Nation treats us like live stock. 

3 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I think I heard that here about the Titans too when I was saying they could not be taken lightly. Same for Pitt. now. Take them lightly and into the L column we go.

As ease, Ag...

I don't think it's possible for us to take our most hated rival lightly...

8 hours ago, medicineman said:

I really hate living where I do because I live close to Pittsburgh. I just heard on the radio how Baltimore was the favorite to win the North but seeing how they lost to Cleveland and watching how good the Steelers played against the Bengals, the Steelers should be everybodys favorite to win the North. Why is it after every time they win a game they believe they are going to the SB yet right after they lose a game they want to fire everybody. I fucking hate that entire fan base, my gf and her parents are Steeler fans so ya fuck them to (During football season) But they are not like most fans but they are still blind to the fact the NFL hates Cleveland 

I don't know a single steeler fan that thinks we are going to the super bowl but it's also stupidly naive of you to believe the steelers can't win the division. Despite what some of you believe the roster is full of talent. Tuitt and watt have been unstoppable. Bush is all over the field and fitzpatrick/Nelson have been tremendous. Haden steady as usual. It's been about finding an identity on both sides of the ball. They started doing that against the Bengals. Rudolph is fearless in the pocket and showed a good bit too. 

You can count out the steelers tho, if YOU want. I live in Columbus right now and don't find myself whining about any of the Ohio teams. Get thicker skin.

25 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

I don't know a single steeler fan that thinks we are going to the super bowl but it's also stupidly naive of you to believe the steelers can't win the division. Despite what some of you believe the roster is full of talent. Tuitt and watt have been unstoppable. Bush is all over the field and fitzpatrick/Nelson have been tremendous. Haden steady as usual. It's been about finding an identity on both sides of the ball. They started doing that against the Bengals. Rudolph is fearless in the pocket and showed a good bit too. 

You can count out the steelers tho, if YOU want. I live in Columbus right now and don't find myself whining about any of the Ohio teams. Get thicker skin.

Blah Blah blah blah and blah. I listen to ESPN Pittsburgh and I hear the shit you Faggot fans call in and say. Just because you don't know any does not mean they don't exist. I am guessing you don't know very many because why else would you be on another team message board? But listen to Steeler fans go nuts after 1 game and celebrate is as bout as dumb as Browns fans thinking the problems are fixed after 1 game. You play the Ratbirds next week, as we play San Fran Sicko take the shit 1 game at a time. 

8 hours ago, medicineman said:

I really hate living where I do because I live close to Pittsburgh. I just heard on the radio how Baltimore was the favorite to win the North but seeing how they lost to Cleveland and watching how good the Steelers played against the Bengals, the Steelers should be everybodys favorite to win the North. Why is it after every time they win a game they believe they are going to the SB yet right after they lose a game they want to fire everybody. I fucking hate that entire fan base, my gf and her parents are Steeler fans so ya fuck them to (During football season) But they are not like most fans but they are still blind to the fact the NFL hates Cleveland 

I would not have pinned *you* as a lover of a Steelers fan, given my interactions with you. Would you love me too?

I'm just messing with you ;)

I didn't actually get to watch this game, I had a lot of work to catch up on.  I can't really comment on anything about the game. But I did read through this thread, and I have to say that the Steelers still do have talent on the team. Do I think they'll win the Super Bowl. No.... I don't even think they'll take the division this year. But I wouldn't count them out either. The defense isn't top notch like it once was, but it's enough to cause some disruption. But the offense isn't going to go anywhere unless someone from the top starts telling Rudolph to quit being safe and take some shots. He has neither the accuracy nor pure arm strength of Ben, but playing the 'safe' playbook isn't going to win enough games to beat the Ravens or Browns this year.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

No one is counting them out. We’re just saying that the Browns have more talent in more places and should win this division. Everyone knows that. 

4 hours ago, medicineman said:

Are they still clear channel or is it Live Nation Now? I hated clear channel don't get me wrong but I fucking despise Live Nation, I was happy back when it was still AM/FM/ inc. they treated us some what ok  but Live Nation treats us like live stock. 

Not sure what you mean...  here's the pertinent stuff from Wiki....

"WLW is Class A clear-channel station operating with 50,000 watts of power, the maximum allowed for AM stations under current Federal Communications Commission (FCC) regulations. During daytime hours it can be heard in a four state region, with city-grade strength as far north as Columbus, as far west as the Indianapolis suburbs, and as far south as Richmond, Kentucky. It provides at least secondary coverage to most of Ohio and Indiana, and much of northern and central Kentucky. At night WLW can be heard across much of the eastern half of North America.

WLW's programming is available online via iHeartRadio"

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

No one is counting them out. We’re just saying that the Browns have more talent in more places and should win this division. Everyone knows that. 

Ehhh.... I'd say the Browns just have talent in different places. Those places just happen to mean a bit more in terms of success on the field. And talent that is lacking in the areas that need attention will probably be more easily filled by the Browns.

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Well they probably have a bunch a little stations that can only be heard within a 10 mile radius like the Massillon one 

??? If you looked at the link in my original post, no Bungles affiliate currently available in Massillon. It happens. Dayton sadly got dropped from the Browns network last year, but another station is broadcasting the games now.  According to the Bengals website, the closest broadcast cities to the Akron-Canton area are in Mount Vernon and Marion. 

1 hour ago, steelersfan412 said:

I would not have pinned *you* as a lover of a Steelers fan, given my interactions with you. Would you love me too?

I'm just messing with you ;)

I didn't actually get to watch this game, I had a lot of work to catch up on.  I can't really comment on anything about the game. But I did read through this thread, and I have to say that the Steelers still do have talent on the team. Do I think they'll win the Super Bowl. No.... I don't even think they'll take the division this year. But I wouldn't count them out either. The defense isn't top notch like it once was, but it's enough to cause some disruption. But the offense isn't going to go anywhere unless someone from the top starts telling Rudolph to quit being safe and take some shots. He has neither the accuracy nor pure arm strength of Ben, but playing the 'safe' playbook isn't going to win enough games to beat the Ravens or Browns this year.

Unlike Vag our resident Steeler Homer who thinks 6 guys on Pittsburgh's defense are Pro Bowl locks, you seem to be more reasonable in your assessment of their talent.  Sure, the front seven abused a very suspect Bengals o-line- but I'll reserve judgement on how good they really are until after they play the Ravens. And speaking of playoffs- should the Steelers lose the next two- (very possible) to the Ravens and Chargers, the odds of Pittsburgh getting to the post season are mighty long.  

What I saw of Rudolph- and I watched every play of the game, is he benefited immensely thanks to the Steelers great o-line. Nothing helps a QB who's lacking game experience more than a bulletproof pocket with plenty of time to set up and throw. 

18 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Unlike Vag our resident Steeler Homer who thinks 6 guys on Pittsburgh's defense are Pro Bowl locks, you seem to be more reasonable in your assessment of their talent.  Sure, the front seven abused a very suspect Bengals o-line- but I'll reserve judgement on how good they really are until after they play the Ravens. And speaking of playoffs- should the Steelers lose the next two- (very possible) to the Ravens and Chargers, the odds of Pittsburgh getting to the post season are mighty long.  

What I saw of Rudolph- and I watched every play of the game, is he benefited immensely thanks to the Steelers great o-line. Nothing helps a QB who's lacking game experience more than a bulletproof pocket with plenty of time to set up and throw. 

The Ravens still have a decent OL which won't be abused so easily. Luckily for us Steelers fans, Jackson really doesn't seem to be the best pocket passer, and shouldn't be too much of a threat given he will be facing a tougher secondary. True though, the odds of Pitt making the postseason are long. But the season is young, and none of us know what the future holds.

Most QBs benefit from not being touched. Roethlisberger stands out as an anomaly in that category, he just has some weird knack for making things happen with linebackers hanging off his shoulders. Rudolph is no Big Ben.... he needs that OL to not let anything through.

Mayfield also is no Big Ben. But we've seen what he can do with a little time to look down field and find the WR talent he's been offered. Who has Dorsey in their contacts list? Someone make the call and tell him to get a decent LT!

10 minutes ago, steelersfan412 said:

Mayfield also is no Big Ben. But we've seen what he can do with a little time to look down field and find the WR talent he's been offered. Who has Dorsey in their contacts list? Someone make the call and tell him to get a decent LT!

Yeah, we know both tackles are suspect. We got spoiled having one of the all-time greats in Joe Thomas there for years.... there was some chatter about mortgaging the future to pick up a top LT. (Was against  it) BTW, unlike Vag- that's exactly what us Browns fans think the Steelers did giving up a first for Minkah Fitzpatrick. If you don't make the playoffs this year- it was a bad trade. 

Ben may say he's coming back next year- but you have to think at his age, his body is starting to break down. 

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

Yeah, we know both tackles are suspect. We got spoiled having one of the all-time greats in Joe Thomas there for years.... there was some chatter about mortgaging the future to pick up a top LT. (Was against  it) BTW, unlike Vag- that's exactly what us Browns fans think the Steelers did giving up a first for Minkah Fitzpatrick. If you don't make the playoffs this year- it was a bad trade. 

Ben may say he's coming back next year- but you have to think at his age, his body is starting to break down. 

I don't think mortgaging the future is necessary. A top LT would be nice, but a decent one would suffice for now. One extra second of protection could make all the difference in the world.

The Fitzpatrick deal was made under the assumption that the offense would be secure, and that the defense needed to get back to their former glory. Neither of which happened. So probably a bad deal even if the Steelers do make the playoffs.

Ben is getting old, tired, and really no longer has his heart in the game. He has taken more abuse in his career than most would take in two. Even if he does come back next year, his heart wont be in the game. I don't think we'll ever see the same Ben again. It is what it is. That first in 2020 would have been really nice for a prime QB, don't you think?

7 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

As ease, Ag...

I don't think it's possible for us to take our most hated rival lightly...

I aimed that at the Crisco Kid who IS taking them lightly. He's got two Ws against them chalked up already.🧐🤗

I'm not taking them lightly. The browns are in a fragile position where they cant take anyone lightly yet. However the chiefs and Patriots and teams that are proven good can easily afford to take Pittsburgh lightly. Because they're not good. The Ravens are a better football team than them. 

6 minutes ago, The Cysko Kid said:

None of you old, doddering, half-senile greyhairs can come up with a better insult than that? 

I take offense at grayhairs. I have you know when I was dove hunting with 13 of my old college buddies I was the only one there who did NOT have totally gray or silver hair. It's the genes from my mom who went gray in her late 70s-early 80s.  The rest I can buy. LOL!😂

EDIT: BTW if I had that half naked gal from your avatar around, you can bet they'd be calling me Crisco Kid too.😛

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The Gipper said:

No, everyone doesn't know that because it isn't true. Lol

7 hours ago, medicineman said:

Blah Blah blah blah and blah. I listen to ESPN Pittsburgh and I hear the shit you Faggot fans call in and say. Just because you don't know any does not mean they don't exist. I am guessing you don't know very many because why else would you be on another team message board? But listen to Steeler fans go nuts after 1 game and celebrate is as bout as dumb as Browns fans thinking the problems are fixed after 1 game. You play the Ratbirds next week, as we play San Fran Sicko take the shit 1 game at a time. 

Espn Pittsburgh fucking sucks, just like all espn radio. I do take it one game at a time, I also don't get my steeler news from the mainstream. I'm on this board because I went to college in ohio, all my college friends are diehard Browns fans so I joined this board for more info and improved shit talking. Don't like it? Too fucking bad. They can ban me if they want. 

5 hours ago, hoorta said:

Then you didn't watch the entire game because at least twice he had to improvise like Ben and make a tough throw. Our offensive line also hasn't been creating a clean pocket all year. Bosa dominated big AL for example. 

As far as the defensive line is concerned tuitt has been unblockable and then you still have Hargrave and Heyward. There isn't any "wait and see" with those three banged up cincy line or not. 

4 hours ago, steelersfan412 said:

I don't think mortgaging the future is necessary. A top LT would be nice, but a decent one would suffice for now. One extra second of protection could make all the difference in the world.

The Fitzpatrick deal was made under the assumption that the offense would be secure, and that the defense needed to get back to their former glory. Neither of which happened. So probably a bad deal even if the Steelers do make the playoffs.

Ben is getting old, tired, and really no longer has his heart in the game. He has taken more abuse in his career than most would take in two. Even if he does come back next year, his heart wont be in the game. I don't think we'll ever see the same Ben again. It is what it is. That first in 2020 would have been really nice for a prime QB, don't you think?

Fitzpatrick is 22, a former 11th overall draft pick and a tremendous leader. He's also been very good in his first two games. They were never going to draft a qb and left tackles worth first round picks are coming off the board in the first three picks. The Steelers aren't drafting that high. Your Ben comment is also fucking ridiculous. Lol

26 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

Fitzpatrick is 22, a former 11th overall draft pick and a tremendous leader. He's also been very good in his first two games. They were never going to draft a qb and left tackles worth first round picks are coming off the board in the first three picks. The Steelers aren't drafting that high. Your Ben comment is also fucking ridiculous. Lol

You seem like you're being a bit of a homer which is no surprise. Ben has already dropped numerous hints that he's thinking about retirement before missing this entire season to injury. I think, at best, he'll try to make one more run before calling it a day. 

41 minutes ago, The Cysko Kid said:

You seem like you're being a bit of a homer which is no surprise. Ben has already dropped numerous hints that he's thinking about retirement before missing this entire season to injury. I think, at best, he'll try to make one more run before calling it a day. 

This has been addressed ad nauseam for over a year. Ben talked retirement in an effort to force Todd Haley out. It worked, Todd is gone. If Ben wanted to retire why in the hell did he sign the extension that he did? Why did he opt to not have Tommy John? Why didn't he just retire when he went out for the whole season? He went a different route surgery wise so he could be back for the whole season next year. Tommy John would have put him out into next season.

Ben isn't going anywhere and even if he did Rudolph at minimum will be a stop gap but I think he becomes the next one when that time comes.

3 hours ago, Vagitron said:

:D  Spoken like a true homer. As I said, I liked what I saw of Rudolph- I didn't forget about the play or two where he had to scramble and improvise. As teams get more tape on him- it should get more difficult as teams figure out what he can do- just like it has for Baker. Looking better than he is due to the Steelers o-line? For sure, just as Baker regressed the first couple games because the Browns o-line sucked. BTW, if you think Ben is going to play well into his 40s like Brady- you're out of your mind. The other Steeler guy posting in this thread isn't wearing your rose colored glasses regarding Ben's potential past 2020. Ever consider the surgery they did on Ben's elbow just might be a stopgap, and not a permanent fix? & it just might not allow a 100% recovery, if that's the case, he's done, hate to tell you. 

Again, your defense is pretty decent- but God help you if Ju-Ju gets hurt, you're a one dimensional Connor running show, the other Steelers WRs aren't going to scare anyone. . 

Said it- The next two games are going to define which direction your season is going to go. BTW, ditto the Browns. 

the fitz trade was a good idea...edmunds and davis have been just short of horrible, and given Colberts failure to draft a decent DB anywhere, getting a sure thing for that first pick just ensure he doesnt fuck it up again. solid front 7 (bush has been iffy thus far) will give teams something to think about, but they're not a dominate line anymore that can wreck any OL.  offensively, there is nothing that to really worry about.  JuJu has been pedestrian, washington and johnson are young. samuels is a versatile guy and looks like a good player...cant for the life of me see why connor is still starting.  

they match up well physically with the rats...but the rats are much better coached team than the kitties. game can go wither way...  

11 hours ago, steelersfan412 said:

Ehhh.... I'd say the Browns just have talent in different places. Those places just happen to mean a bit more in terms of success on the field. And talent that is lacking in the areas that need attention will probably be more easily filled by the Browns.

The Browns are better at QB now. (with BR out)

The Browns are better at RB now.

The Browns are better at WR now.

TE?  Not sure.

The Steelers are better along the OL.

The Browns are better along the DL

The Steelers are probably better at LB.

The Browns are better at DB  (but it would help if we get healthy).

And I don't know about the STs.   We do have rookie Punter and Kicker, and really no return game.

So, OK the Browns have talent in different places....MORE different places. 

11 hours ago, hoorta said:

??? If you looked at the link in my original post, no Bungles affiliate currently available in Massillon. It happens. Dayton sadly got dropped from the Browns network last year, but another station is broadcasting the games now.  According to the Bengals website, the closest broadcast cities to the Akron-Canton area are in Mount Vernon and Marion. 

OK, I know that they USED to have their games  aired on  WTIG in Massillon.   Not now though?  I wonder why?  Well, actually, I suspect I know why....the Bengals sucked and they got no ratings for their games. 

• Upvote 1