THE BROWNS BOARD

WEEK 4 - MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL SPECIAL - One man's opinion on Cincinnati at Pittsburgh

mjp28

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Cinci is the dregs of our division... Maybe theres'a small chance that they can make a little noise after getting AJG back, but ottherwise??? Only Nick Vigil stood out on D.

PTG? OL and front 7 on D look Steeler-like especially with White in the line up, but it's the Cinci "scheme" that is making TJ Watt look like an all-pro.... I mean a TE blocking him??? C'mon man...

Rudolph? Meh... best thing is he's good-lookin' enough that he won't have to force himself on women to get any action.

As I opined earlier in this thread- never underestimate the Bungles ability to suck. They might win a few when AJ Green gets back. 

Also noticed track star Ross went out with an injury. Went into the wrong sport. 

Rudolph the Red Nosed Steeler actually looked good to me tonight Tour. But credit it to the Steelers great O-line? He was barely touched the entire game. 

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:
2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

It was 27-3 Steelers when I last looked, which to me just shows how bad the Bitchy Pussies are, not how good the Spermsuckers are.

Eh..I would have been more comfortable with a 6-3 score with both teams looking like bumbling stumbling fumbling idiots.

The stealers beat them worse than Seattle and  Buffalo did, and by the same 24 point margin San Fran did.

9 hours ago, hx214 said:

Rudolph has to check down to the RB every pass. 

24 of 28-229-2 tds...16 for 16 checking down to Conner (8) & Samuels (8)....ya can't beat Wilks running a Jets HS offense..Our Lb/DB's just need to keep tackling

14 hours ago, The Cysko Kid said:

Dalton has to be better

21 of 37-171-1 pick..fantasy boner of 3.64 fantasy points..8 of the 21 were dinks to RB's..  what a snoozer 💤 Dolt'on won't last with Bengals OL. 8 times on his back 

46 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

24 of 28-229-2 tds...16 for 16 checking down to Conner (8) & Samuels (8)....ya can't beat Wilks running a Jets HS offense..Our Lb/DB's just need to keep tackling

21 of 37-171-1 pick..fantasy boner of 3.64 fantasy points..8 of the 21 were dinks to RB's..  what a snoozer 💤 Dolt'on won't last with Bengals OL. 8 times on his back 

A lot of those passes were more runs than passes. Several jet sweeps and diversion plays out of the backfield. 

10 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

A lot of those passes were more runs than passes. Several jet sweeps and diversion plays out of the backfield. 

All i see is the same RB passing playbook as you had with L.Bell. dink & follow that fata$$..

All I know is after the bye week (and the Patriots) the schedule looks like this:

Denver

Bills

Steelers (x2)

Dolphins

Cardinals

Bengals

Before a home game against Baltimore. If this squad can just hang on (and watching last nights game),  this division and the playoffs is there for the taking in the back half of the year. No reason to think this team couldn't rattle off 6 of 7 in that stretch.

After watching that game last night, I take back my previous statement that the Cards had the worst OLine I’ve seen in the NFL. Cincy’s line was worse. Dalton wouldn’t have the ball in his hands for more than a second and was running for it.... it was like a jailbreak on every play

That game was dreadfully boring game is pit improved or is cin that bad?

Baltimore should handle pit in pit. And where's juju?

8 hours ago, hoorta said:

As I opined earlier in this thread- never underestimate the Bungles ability to suck. They might win a few when AJ Green gets back. 

Also noticed track star Ross went out with an injury. Went into the wrong sport. 

Rudolph the Red Nosed Steeler actually looked good to me tonight Tour. But credit it to the Steelers great O-line? He was barely touched the entire game. 

Per something I heard on radio....the average length of Rudolph's throws was only 3.5 yards. Nearly ever pass was like a bubble screen or short dump off....perhaps many with a lot of YAC...

Edit...OK, I see that you all covered that ground.

41 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

That game was dreadfully boring game is pit improved or is cin that bad?

Baltimore should handle pit in pit. And where's juju?

Little of both...fichtner actually had a game plan, albiet based on gimmick. That D is bad tho...they always look like world beaters against bad teams, then they'll vanish for a while. Watts sacks always come in bunches against piss poor tackles.

Booger's line of the nite... something along the lines of: "I love the energy Zac Taylor is bringing to this Bengals team." :rolleyes:

... and that was after the game ended.

Oy vey...

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, hx214 said:

After watching that game last night, I take back my previous statement that the Cards had the worst OLine I’ve seen in the NFL. Cincy’s line was worse. Dalton wouldn’t have the ball in his hands for more than a second and was running for it.... it was like a jailbreak on every play

They even  may be worse at guard than the Browns. Billy Price (OSU) is a disappointment,  and Michael Jordan  played like he belonged  on a basketball  court.  They were getting  abused on almost every  play.

At this rate Dalton  won't  last out  the year, and his backup is  Ryan Who? Finley. I do however, expect the  Bungles to get  their  first win of the season Sunday playing the  Cardinals at home.

43 minutes ago, hoorta said:

They even  may be worse at guard than the Browns. Billy Price (OSU) is a disappointment,  and Michael Jordan  played like he belonged  on a basketball  court.  They were getting  abused on almost every  play.

At this rate Dalton  won't  last out  the year, and his backup is  Ryan Who? Finley. I do however, expect the  Bungles to get  their  first win of the season Sunday playing the  Cardinals at home.

the bengals need new db's, a new qb and a lot of help on the offensive line. egad they were terrible. They miss A.J. Green THAT much?

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

the bengals need new db's, a new qb and a lot of help on the offensive line. egad they were terrible. They miss A.J. Green THAT much?

Them Bungles are decent at WR (assuming Green gets healthy and Ross stays healthy) and at running back.  TE Eifert, a pro bowl talent when he's not on IR, has avoided the injury bug- so far. Their D-line is OK with Dunlap and Atkins, though they didn't show much pressure against the Steelers excellent o-line. After that, not much else. Lovin' it here in Dayton- the Bengal fans will now retreat under their rocks, and start thinking about the draft in April- like we used to do in the not so distant past.  

And please get rid of that cheerleader masquerading as a color commentator- Dave Lapham.....  

And please get rid of that cheerleader masquerading as a color commentator- Dave Lapdog.....  

FIFY

NOT that I care...I don't ever recall listening to a home radio broadcast of a Bengals game....though I think it is possible that they have an outlet in Massillon  (very low power...can't even get it where I am)

4 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

And please get rid of that cheerleader masquerading as a color commentator- Dave Lapdog.....  

FIFY

NOT that I care...I don't ever recall listening to a home radio broadcast of a Bengals game....though I think it is possible that they have an outlet in Massillon  (very low power...can't even get it where I am)

They actually have a big radio network 42 outlets which is bigger than the Browns network and yes one in Massillon.

I really hate living where I do because I live close to Pittsburgh. I just heard on the radio how Baltimore was the favorite to win the North but seeing how they lost to Cleveland and watching how good the Steelers played against the Bengals, the Steelers should be everybodys favorite to win the North. Why is it after every time they win a game they believe they are going to the SB yet right after they lose a game they want to fire everybody. I fucking hate that entire fan base, my gf and her parents are Steeler fans so ya fuck them to (During football season) But they are not like most fans but they are still blind to the fact the NFL hates Cleveland 

1 minute ago, mjp28 said:

They actually have a big radio network 42 outlets which is bigger than the Browns network and yes one in Massillon.

You can listen to any teams network no matter where you live. I love to listen to Jim Donovan and Doug every game but I also love to go back and listen to the voice of the Steelers after we beat them (yes it does not happen much) but still love it. I hate the voice of the K,C. Chiefs with their "Touch Down K a n s a s City." The Bengals voice is not terrible like other teams. Some of them makes me wonder how they ever got the job. 

3 minutes ago, medicineman said:

I really hate living where I do because I live close to Pittsburgh. I just heard on the radio how Baltimore was the favorite to win the North but seeing how they lost to Cleveland and watching how good the Steelers played against the Bengals, the Steelers should be everybodys favorite to win the North. Why is it after every time they win a game they believe they are going to the SB yet right after they lose a game they want to fire everybody. I fucking hate that entire fan base, my gf and her parents are Steeler fans so ya fuck them to (During football season) But they are not like most fans but they are still blind to the fact the NFL hates Cleveland 

just laugh my man...the delusions of grandeur will make the inevitable fall that much greater.   

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, medicineman said:

You can listen to any teams network no matter where you live. I love to listen to Jim Donovan and Doug every game but I also love to go back and listen to the voice of the Steelers after we beat them (yes it does not happen much) but still love it. I hate the voice of the K,C. Chiefs with their "Touch Down K a n s a s City." The Bengals voice is not terrible like other teams. Some of them makes me wonder how they ever got the job. 

That is true.  And I love to occasionally listen to the BROWNS if a TV isn't available or the Tribe and Hammy just about anytime I don't want to watch TV.

WE Cleveland fans have been spoiled with some really good broadcasters over the years.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, The Cysko Kid said:

Lol what? Pittsburgh is not good. 

I think I heard that here about the Titans too when I was saying they could not be taken lightly. Same for Pitt. now. Take them lightly and into the L column we go.