THE BROWNS BOARD

So.... are we now fixed or are the Ravens not that good?

Tour2ma

I would say a little of both.

The Browns are a young team with a rookie HC.

The offense looked good today...but the defense surprised me.

Kudos to the offensive line, they surprised me as well.

I’m glad I had this game on the DVR, it’s a game I could watch over again. 👍

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

I would say a little of both.

The Browns are a young team with a rookie HC.

The offense looked good today...but the defense surprised me.

Kudos to the offensive line, they surprised me as well.

I’m glad I had this game on the DVR, it’s a game I could watch over again. 👍

the D surprised you ? thats why i felt we would win as far as the O seems to me they are gelling  and the ratbirds are over rated

• Like 1

I wondered all week why the Ravens were 7 point favorites.  Like our squad it is better to play them now.  They have a talented secondary but one that hasn’t come together yet and is plagued by communication issues.  The same issues they’ve had the last two weeks prior to our game.  They are still trying to manufacture presssure because they don’t win one on one battles.  I think they are more denagerous team with Weddle and Suggs even if their best years are behind them.  They miss CJ Mosley too.  This is an average defense at best- well off of what we are used to seeing out of Ravens teams.  It’s personnel issues and then communication issues in the back 7.

Offensively, They are a tough out if you haven’t played them.  A tough matchup for just about anyone. It’s a gimmick offense. But They are one bad QB hit away from being a 5 win team. Jackson doesn't make any throw look easy.  

I couldn’t even use one hand to show you the amount of bad decisions or throws from Baker. Freddie was a much better play caller the Landry run call was genius. I thought our Defense played well but not excellent.  We gave the Ravens 5 yard stop route and tackled them at 8/9 yards all game.  We NEED Greedy and Ward back big time - Jimmy G will carve up this secondary.  The Offensive line was GREAT, Pass Catchers and RBs GREAT as well. 

We need to settle in and play well next Monday- Baker needs to take a deep breath and let his playmakers do the work.  We didn’t force anything and we had positive results - we let the offense run through Chubb and the pass catchers.

one of other positive - this team executed screen passes as well as the late 80s Browns and it’s truly been that long since we’ve done well with that play. Major weapon moving forward with Chubb and our nimble Oline

21 minutes ago, ATOM said:

also i thing i am not positive about but i believe we had only 1 pre snap  flag ?

Ogilvie here  5p1G.gif   only had 6 flags all day..2 False Starts= Kush,Harris & Myles jumped once (3 of 6)..A Ratley illegal shift was declined..and Enjoy the Nachos next Monday Night 🌮..your needed :D           

So, unlike years past, the Ravens don't have the kind of defense that strikes fear into the opposition. Their safeties are decent, they've been great against the run (until now, bwaaa), but they don't have stellar CBs. I think what we'll see if that we're going to be a different against teams with subpar defenses. If our OL can handle the opposition and provide running lanes while also giving Baker a clean pocket, we're going to be dangerous. When we play stout defenses that can dictate the line of scrimmage and get physical with us, we may struggle (like most teams). 

Baker got comfortable almost immediately and the Ravens never could rattle him. If that happens, Baker can and will hurt you. Also, Baker and the offense are going to be MUCH more efficient when able to run the ball (also like most offenses). Besides the euphoric 88 yarder by Chubb, we had the 20 yarder by him that was simply magic. Baker has definitely struggled to punch it in, and it's no secret. What helps? Running the ball into the damn end zone and spiking it as hard as you can. 

This is similar to last year, as we struggled against the good teams, and we beat the bad teams. I feel like consistently playing up to the competition is the final step of a team's development, and if we can hold fast to our ability to beat the bad teams, we're going to have a solid year. The schedule still hurts for another month, but we just have to tread water a while longer and help is on the way. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Bit of both.

Saw more 21 personnel and more under center looks on early downs with the play action though.  Thanks for listening, Kitch.

Did we run 21 personnel today?  I saw a lot of 12 personnel from under center and today's offense looked a lot like last year which was a welcome sight. 

To the question at hand we are improving. We're not "fixed" but we are the best team in the division. 

Side note 8-8 could very well win this decision. The only team I see with the potential to be 9-7 or better is the browns. 

23 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

We NEED Greedy and Ward back big time - Jimmy G will carve up this secondary.

I know! But I read before the game that neither are likely to play next week. Ugh. Maybe they'll be fast healers! 

2 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

Did we run 21 personnel today?  I saw a lot of 12 personnel from under center and today's offense looked a lot like last year which was a welcome sight. 

To the question at hand we are improving. We're not "fixed" but we are the best team in the division. 

You're right, I'm Retarded and typed that wrong.  More 12 personnel.   

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Ogilvie here  5p1G.gif   only had 6 flags all day..2 False Starts= Kush,Harris & Myles jumped once (3 of 6)..A Ratley illegal shift was declined..and Enjoy the Nachos next Monday Night 🌮..your needed :D           

just need a cape and goggles

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ATOM said:

the D surprised you ? thats why i felt we would win as far as the O seems to me they are gelling  and the ratbirds are over rated

To be more specific, the secondary surprised me.

We’ve had a lot of backups playing in the secondary, and they did a bang up job. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

To be more specific, the secondary surprised me.

We’ve had a lot of backups playing in the secondary, and they did a bang up job.

And I liked what Freddie said about expecting the backups to play up to the starters or they would not even be on the team. Said the same about the play of the "guy off the streets two weeks ago" Ricky S-J.

• Like 1

am lovin the way we have swarm tackled...doubt we missed on 5 all day..I don't think the Ravens OL respected our name changes & shifts in our front 7..and their WR's are so small they refused to block anybody..TE Mark Andrews has a bright future as credited.. 

1 hour ago, jiggins7919 said:

So, unlike years past, the Ravens don't have the kind of defense that strikes fear into the opposition. Their safeties are decent, they've been great against the run (until now, bwaaa), but they don't have stellar CBs. I think what we'll see if that we're going to be a different against teams with subpar defenses. If our OL can handle the opposition and provide running lanes while also giving Baker a clean pocket, we're going to be dangerous. When we play stout defenses that can dictate the line of scrimmage and get physical with us, we may struggle (like most teams). 

Baker got comfortable almost immediately and the Ravens never could rattle him. If that happens, Baker can and will hurt you. Also, Baker and the offense are going to be MUCH more efficient when able to run the ball (also like most offenses). Besides the euphoric 88 yarder by Chubb, we had the 20 yarder by him that was simply magic. Baker has definitely struggled to punch it in, and it's no secret. What helps? Running the ball into the damn end zone and spiking it as hard as you can. 

This is similar to last year, as we struggled against the good teams, and we beat the bad teams. I feel like consistently playing up to the competition is the final step of a team's development, and if we can hold fast to our ability to beat the bad teams, we're going to have a solid year. The schedule still hurts for another month, but we just have to tread water a while longer and help is on the way. 

I said before the season started that the Ratfuckers had lost too much talent on that defense:   Mosley,  Suggs, Weddle.  Also lost their best WRs. 

They definitely had a net loss in overall talent from last year....even if Jackson can run undaunted.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I said before the season started that the Ratfuckers had lost too much talent on that defense:   Mosley,  Suggs, Weddle.  Also lost their best WRs. 

They definitely had a net loss in overall talent from last year....even if Jackson can run undaunted.

I like the term ratfuckers lol and yes they lost so many pieces. 

• Haha 1

It's a W & a damn big one. Unfortunate about Landry's injury but hopefully we get Higgins back next week.

Where are all the panicky, doom & gloom, Freddie bashers now? We are a young, improving Team that flashed several good things today, but it was too early to judge this Team last week & it's STILL too early to surmise what the final product will be. I'm just gonna enjoy this train ride!

Mike

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, Alkid3 said:

I like the term ratfuckers lol and yes they lost so many pieces. 

I made up demeaning names for our AFCN  opponents a while back.  Maybe they can catch on:   That team that begins with an R:  Ratfuckers.  The team that begins with an S:  Spermsuckers.   That (other) team that begins with a B:  Bitchy Pussies. 

I am like George Washington Carver#:  I did not trademark these names (maybe I should have?).  So they are in the Public Domain and you are allowed to use them. 

# note: George Washington Carver essentially invented over half of the processes by which food has been prepared/distributed etc.  over the last 100 years.  Had he done so, he would have been a Billionaire many times over...even in his day and age.   But he felt that the public should have these and not be charged.  He still lived and died as a very content man at his Tuskeegee Institute.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Canton Mike said:

It's a W & a damn big one. Unfortunate about Landry's injury but hopefully we get Higgins back next week.

Where are all the panicky, doom & gloom, Freddie bashers now? We are a young, improving Team that flashed several good things today, but it was too early to judge this Team last week & it's STILL too early to surmise what the final product will be. I'm just gonna enjoy this train ride!

Mike

And Callaway back too.👍

A. Ratbuzzards ARE that good. Except they got hammered by the matchup with the Browns.

B. Completely fixed, no. Still a few injuries - Landry hurts, Richardson - don't know yet about his wrist or arm.

C. The backup db's stepped up hugely.

D. The ratbuzzards are talented - but the Browns had the heart of champions this game.

E. Browns will need to keep improving - the next three games are huge challenges, too.