THE BROWNS BOARD

"I play better when I'm fired up"

Icecube

Christ, Even Cinderella's Stage Coach had till midnight.... Ever heard of To Soon :)...tell ya what, post a link with Baker saying "not fired up last 3 games" & we will make you Mary Kay's assistant for a week...

• Haha 4

You can't play on the same emotional plain week in and week out.

Even if you could it's no substitute for preparation. Plainly a lack of preparation was the single biggest factor in Week 1 and it's been less of a factor in each succeeding week.

Going into a game knowing you, and your team, are prepared makes it a lot easier to get up for the game.

It can even make you dangerous.

• Upvote 5

43 minutes ago, flyingfooldoug said:

As a pro he could just be a slow starter. Not real uncommon where it takes a few games for a guy to get into the flow of things. 

And you may or may not have seen that suddenly that OL was playing in sync. Major factor for both Baker and Nick IMO. Go back and watch that OL work for Chubbs' 88 yd TD run. A ballet of big guys on that run. Here they are at practice last week.

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, ATOM said:

am i happy the way Baker played today

As we should be, but...

... the one concern that's nagging me is that when Baker double clutched his throws were "not good"... and I think I'm being kind.

I don't have the data, but I distinctly saw him not resetting anything other than his arm position when he drew it back... and he barely reset his arm. Everything else... hips, feet, shoulders... seemed to stay as they were. And even worse so it seemed did his eyes and head. That's a bad combo that advertises where you want to go while weakening the strength and accuracy of the throw that goes "there".

gumby... if you can note this as you do your weekly all-22, I'd appreciate it.

21 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

You can't play on the same emotional plain week in and week out.

Even if you could it's no substitute for preparation. Plainly a lack of preparation was the single biggest factor in Week 1 and it's been less of a factor in each succeeding week.

Going into a game knowing you, and your team, are prepared makes it a lot easier to get up for the game.

It can even make you dangerous.

You will never hear Tom Brady say something anything close to this...well, what's he know? Only 9 Super Bowl appearances and 6 SB wins. 

The fact we have to worry about BM being "up" for games is a major concern. If he was "up for" TN and LA would they be 4-0 right now?

31 minutes ago, Icecube said:

You will never hear Tom Brady say something anything close to this...well, what's he know? Only 9 Super Bowl appearances and 6 SB wins. 

The fact we have to worry about BM being "up" for games is a major concern. If he was "up for" TN and LA would they be 4-0 right now?

I could not disagree more...

Tom and Baker? Apples and handgrenades...

The only meaningful issue surrounding Tom's demeanor and its impact upon his success is that he is true to it.

Rule #1: Don't try to be anyone else... be who you are.

"We"? Got a mouse in your pocket? 'Cause I don't exactly see the masses here lining up behind you...

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

gumby... if you can note this as you do your weekly all-22, I'd appreciate it.

got it..And the coaches film on this masterpiece can't get here quick enough 👀 

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

are you folks in Texas fined while watching Sooners football?;) Bake would hit Andrews & Marquise Brown by selling the back shoulder throw with a full pump fake & than burn'em deep.. Goes back even to Baker/Dede Westbrook at homa.. now what you explained above?..I saw it too & that ain't it..hope to not see it again.. also agree, he's got to get better moving his eyes..that nameless guy at KC is crazy good at it..     

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

The only meaningful issue surrounding Tom's demeanor and its impact upon his success is that he is true to it.

"We"? Got a mouse in your pocket? 'Cause I don't exactly see the masses here lining up behind you...

Yep.

21 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

I don't need anyone's approval like the insecure, do you?

15 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

This is a job, and Baker has been playing this sport for many years.

Did he just say these words because he thought that's what fans wanted to hear.. or did he actually do something different?

I would like to hear more about specifically what was different before having any more reaction.

My theory is, 1.) It was the Ravens (extra hate), 2.) The 1st 3 games showed him that he/they had to do more than just show up to roll teams; it takes focus and alacrity. 

10 minutes ago, Icecube said:

I don't need anyone's approval like the insecure, do you?

Yes.... but not because I am insecure... just human.

But that's it? No counter argument?

In that case I accept your surrneder

Oh... and if you thrive on disagreement, then you're either a troll... or Gipper.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Oh... and if you thrive on disagreement, then you're either a troll... or Gipper.

So says the Almighty Feckless One. (who starts an argument...then crumbles )

54 minutes ago, Icecube said:

Just as long as it doesn't go out again. 

That’s not all it was, don’t get me wrong.

lots of injuries/poor team play as well

edit: he didn’t play  a perfect game and still has room for growth, like the INT, he didn’t see Earl Thomas lurking over the middle 

1 hour ago, Icecube said:

Yea, well, when a QB admits he "wasn't fired up" to play 3 games, it's something to consider. 

actually, thats the narrative you just created. and it took some mental gymnastics to arrive there. nice to know your opinions have basically nothing of value, so i dont have to waste anymore time on you.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

I didn't see where you established an assertion needing a refutation. Please make a clear point. 

25 minutes ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

That’s not all it was, don’t get me wrong.

lots of injuries/poor team play as well

edit: he didn’t play  a perfect game and still has room for growth, like the INT, he didn’t see Earl Thomas lurking over the middle 

He clearly played his best game, much more like last season when he tossed 27 TDs in less than a full season. But, I think the biggest difference was in the play calling, and not giving up on the run. 

• Upvote 1

On 9/30/2019 at 4:07 PM, Tour2ma said:

2 hours ago, Icecube said:

I didn't see where you established an assertion needing a refutation. Please make a clear point. 

Anyone else have a problem seeing my point?