THE BROWNS BOARD

This Week in the AFC North

Zombo

OK, NOW it is football season.

Autumn is in the air, and all of the AFC North teams are battling each other on their grass gridirons this weekend.

There's a reason we count AFC North inner-division games twice ... because they are twice as important.

And that may never be more apparent than this week's slate:

The Browns can bury everything about their sluggish start with a win this weekend. A win puts them in first place, 1-0 in the division, 2-1 v. the AFC and a win over their closest competitor. If ever a September game was a "big game" for a team ... this is it.

Baltimore, on the other hand, is off to the races with a win. They'll have at least a two game lead over everybody and a victory over the only team that probably has the horses to catch them.

The other matchup is more about losing than winning. Both Pittstown and Cincitucky are 0-3, and if it damn near impossible to get off the mat at 0-4 ... especially if you just lost to an 0-3 team in the division. 

The season is just starting and we may have our first burial already.

Yes, these games are real ... and they are spectacular ... just like this week's celebrity guest, Teri Hatcher:

8x10-photo-Teri-Hatcher-5-sexy-celebrity

Cleveland at Baltimore, Sunday, 1:00 PM

The Ratbirds will face a real defense for the first time this season, and we'll see how scary this offense really is. Honestly, nobody on their offense scares me. The key is keeping Jackson an Ingram in check from running on us. If they want to drop back an pass on us, the Browns will be the quickest, most athletic unit they have seen and sacks and turnovers will happen. On the other side of the ball, this looks like a week for the Browns offense to come together with Chris Hubbard back at RT,  and Baker should be The Playmaker again. BROWNS 30 RATBIRDS 16

Cincinnati at Pittsburgh, Monday Night Football, 8:35 PM

It is strange watching Pittsburgh operate behind a young, mediocre QB. And yet it is commonplace to watch the Bungles struggle behind Andy Dalton now, as they have not done a good job of rebuilding this team on the go. New system, new coaches ... same Bungles. I guess the Steelers will win this ugly match ... but it would be funnier if they don't STILLERS 20 BUNGLES 14

efadf54397ffa0911af52a31ec9374c3.jpg

Pretty simple for me this week I'm going with the road dogs in the AFCN:

CLEVELAND +7 in Baltimore.  "W". :D

CINCINNATI +4 in Pittsburgh on MNF

And for a four teamer why not

LA RAMS  -10  over TB, fresh off the game with our BROWNS

TENNESSEE +4 over Atlanta.  W

........and Terri Hatcher always was a babe!  W a bonus play. :wub:

image.png.8d5091ced842d9872d780fa3ef50933d.png

Last week was true to form... killed the Straight-up and split the Vs. Spread.

Might look good at the end of this 1st, Daily Double weekend in the AFCN... and it's a Double double to boot.

Cleveland @ Baltimore (-7.0) --- Sun 09/29 12:00 PM

Had an inkling during the week, but it faded so the best I can do is pick a CLE cover.

I see an ugly defensive struggle... and an even uglier series of threads this coming week.

Prediction: BLT 13 CLE 10

Final: CLE 40 BLT 25 ---- LL/WW... I'll take it with glee.

Cincinnati @ Pittsburgh (-4.0) --- Mon 09/30 07:15 PM

Also had a inkling here... maybe if the game were at Riverfront it would have taken hold... but it's not... so it didn't.

Prediction: PTG 23 CIN 10

Final: PTG 27 CIN 3 --- WW/WW

So ....

image.png.8b4f6fc44f921683853b2c9756065428.png

On 9/28/2019 at 8:35 AM, Zombo said:

Autumn is in the air...

In Naples???

Nailed the margin, if not the scores, in our game....

Well done...

.... Teri

• Upvote 1