Pittsburgh Steelers  FIRSTENERGY STADIUM  MUST WIN

Miami Dolphins  FIRSTENERGY STADIUM  MUST WIN

Pittsburgh Steelers  HEINZ FIELD  Please Win

Cincinnati Bengals  FIRSTENERGY STADIUM  MUST WIN

Arizona Cardinals  STATE FARM STADIUM  MUST WIN

Baltimore Ravens  FIRSTENERGY STADIUM  MUST WIN

Cincinnati Bengals  PAUL BROWN STADIUM  Please Win

-----------------------------

IMO, we have 7 must win games.  These are teams that we should be superior to and, on paper, 'should' beat.  -  With the exception of Baltimore, but I just feel that we have to split with them so I'm calling the 2nd last game a must win.  (really, you need to be able to play 50/50 with your divisional opponents...or you should pretty much tank for next season)

Then there are 5 Please Win games.  These are other teams that, if we won, it wouldn't really be considered an upset.  -  Included are divisional road games (which are tough) against what is perceived to be weaker teams (be it because they're not that good or because they've lost their QB).

Then there are 4 games that I really don't expect us to win.

Now, if we want to make the playoffs we're going to have to get about 10 wins.  I believe that the final 3 quarters have enough winnable games for us to get to 10.

-  There's No Need For Panicking at this point in time.

• Upvote 4

Nice layout.  I'm going with the big "IF" on Sunday's game if they win a 10+ win is possible and if they lose they will feel that 1-3 thing might struggle to get 8 or 9 wins.

I hope with a win it will ease things with a 2-2 record at the quarter pole. (Oh BTW I predicted a 9-6-1 season and barely win the AFCN before game 1.)

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Orion said:

Tennessee Titans  FIRSTENERGY STADIUM

New York Jets  METLIFE STADIUM   MUST WIN

Los Angeles Rams FIRSTENERGY STADIUM

Baltimore Ravens  M&T BANK STADIUM

San Francisco 49ers  LEVI'S® STADIUM   Please Win

Seattle Seahawk  FIRSTENERGY STADIUM  Please Win

BYE

New England Patriots  GILLETTE STADIUM

Denver Broncos  EMPOWER FIELD AT MILE HIGH  MUST WIN

Buffalo Bills  FIRSTENERGY STADIUM  Please Win

Pittsburgh Steelers  FIRSTENERGY STADIUM  MUST WIN

Pittsburgh Steelers  HEINZ FIELD  Please Win

Baltimore Ravens  FIRSTENERGY STADIUM  MUST WIN

Cincinnati Bengals  PAUL BROWN STADIUM  Please Win

-----------------------------

IMO, we have 7 must win games.  These are teams that we should be superior to and, on paper, 'should' beat.  -  With the exception of Baltimore, but I just feel that we have to split with them so I'm calling the 2nd last game a must win.  (really, you need to be able to play 50/50 with your divisional opponents...or you should pretty much tank for next season)

Then there are 5 Please Win games.  These are other teams that, if we won, it wouldn't really be considered an upset.  -  Included are divisional road games (which are tough) against what is perceived to be weaker teams (be it because they're not that good or because they've lost their QB).

Then there are 4 games that I really don't expect us to win.

Now, if we want to make the playoffs we're going to have to get about 10 wins.  I believe that the final 3 quarters have enough winnable games for us to get to 10.

-  There's No Need For Panicking at this point in time.

I always hope to win at least one game we are "expected" to lose, although I'm with Doug Dieken...he NEVER  picks the Browns to lose!

One correction....There's no need for panicking EVER!!! No matter the endeavor, panicking ALWAYS result in loss.

Mike

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, mjp28 said:

if they lose they will feel that 1-3 thing

And that's that 'adversity' thing that Freddie talked about in TC & Preseason........'We'll find out what kind of team we have when adversity hits.  And there WILL be adversity at some point in the season'.   I'm thinking that he wasn't expecting the adversity thing to hit right off the bat.

The Browns had a LOT of newness this year (like many years of this century).  It's going to take some time for everything to start to gel.  Including our OL who really haven't played much together with the injuries and suspension (Robinson).

for the short-term, I'm actually "okay" with the Browns being 2-4 going into the bye. I sincerely hope our unit has the ability to steal a game despite I believe going in as underdogs the next three weeks (maybe Seattle?). Going to New England after the bye just sucks, but after that patriots game there's a whole of winnable games on the schedule. If the squad can right the ship even if we're 2-5 (which could be very likely), the schedule is there to win 4 of 5, 5 of 6 potentially.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Orion said:

You've gotta beat the teams that you're supposed to beat.  And then play 50/50 against everyone else.  (that's my rule of thumb anyway)

So more "should" win than "must"...

• Like 1

Is this a must-win game? 

I don't know, but I do know that if the Browns win, they will be 2-2, the same record as Baltimore, with the Browns having the head-to-head advantage. In effect, a half game lead over the Ravens. 

If the Browns lose, they will be 1-3, Baltimore would be 3-1, with the Ravens having the head-to-head advantage. In effect, a two and a half game lead over the Browns.

It's an extremely important game.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Is this a must-win game? 

I don't know,.......................

It's an extremely important game.  

Yes!

1st place in the division is on the line.  This is what ya call a Big Game.  (...and of course, all games are important)  But it's not time to panic if we lose.  We can survive without a win.

...and it doesn't look like we'll have Higgins again......and Callaway is still in the Principal's office wearing a dunce cap......and our cornerbacks are probably out again....

It would be nice if we could win this game.

• Upvote 1

More than the standings I would put team cohesion as a reason the game is important.

At 1-2 coming off a loss to the defending NFC Champs we already have seen a little "fraying" in our rookie HC and Sophomore QB. Especially if the loss follows the same pattern of the 2 to date... if we leave BLT 1-3 that likely spreads.

And that's the last thing this team needs...

If we can keep our shit together thru the next 4 weeks (the Week 8, Pat game), then I see rally opportunities.

holdfast.jpg

• 1 month later...

it was a tough first half. Was just watching some niners-arizona game tonight -

geez - arizona was going with quick plays, runs, getting by, got a td...

then tried to throw downfield, the nt? makes their center look like a fence post,

Kyler Murry has no time, evades a tackle, spins and gets sacked after he ran way

backwards. It was...3rd and 29 after that debacle. Then he throws a terrible int right to them, but they

dropped it.

The Browns are on the easier part of their season, meaning their oline should be holding up, and the offense

will be getting back on track. 

12 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

it was a tough first half. Was just watching some niners-arizona game tonight -

geez - arizona was going with quick plays, runs, getting by, got a td...

then tried to throw downfield, the nt? makes their center look like a fence post,

Kyler Murry has no time, evades a tackle, spins and gets sacked after he ran way

backwards. It was...3rd and 29 after that debacle. Then he throws a terrible int right to them, but they

dropped it.

The Browns are on the easier part of their season, meaning their oline should be holding up, and the offense

will be getting back on track. 

Freddie a bad Coach? Let's talk about Cliff waz-his name. 4 seconds left in the half. Niners go for it with 4th and goal on the one. The Birds stuff them. Half over. BUT no!!!!   Their dumb azz coach calls a TO before the ball was snapped!!! 49ers say thank you very much, and Jimmy G tosses a TD pass on the gift TO. Could have been 14-7 at the half- make that 21-7 thanks to some DUMB crap by the Cardinals coach.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

Freddie a bad Coach? Let's talk about Cliff waz-his name. 4 seconds left in the half. Niners go for it with 4th and goal on the one. The Birds stuff them. Half over. BUT no!!!!   Their dumb azz coach calls a TO before the ball was snapped!!! 49ers say thank you very much, and Jimmy G tosses a TD pass on the gift TO. Could have been 14-7 at the half- make that 21-7 thanks to some DUMB crap by the Cardinals coach.  

And it was the difference in the game. What really astonished me was watching a good red zone team execute. I've seen us try to score with no time left and you could just TELL it was going to be a cluster. With the 49's, you knew they'd score and they did. They needed several first downs, they got them. Winning football. I'm so envious of this team because they play EXACTLY like I want our team to play. 

I totally realize we're playing an unknown QB this week, but for those who don't Brandon Allen I can tell you a little bit about him. He's a bit more athletic than you'd think, he's definitely not a guy who holds onto the ball, and he's pretty safe with it. He's not going to wow you with his arm power, but make no mistake, he WILL beat you if you turn it over and give up some dumb scores. If the Broncos' defense shuts us down, or if we shit down our leg again, we'll lose, and we'll lose big. 

Now, I don't see that happening. I still think we win huge, like 41-13. We shut down Lindsay last year, and we'll do it again Sunday. We get them into 3rd and long, we win. 

13 hours ago, hoorta said:

The Birds stuff them. Half over. BUT no!!!!   Their dumb azz coach calls a TO before the ball was snapped!!! 49ers say thank you very much, and Jimmy G tosses a TD pass on the gift TO. Could have been 14-7 at the half- make that 21-7 thanks to some DUMB crap by the Cardinals coach.  

Late in the game also wasn’t managed the best by Kliff. 

The 49ers BARELY got a 1st down on 3rd and 3 while up 3 points and trying to milk the game. There was 2:19 seconds. Running back Tevin Coleman stopped clock by running out of bounds. Kliff challenged the spot, which was extremely questionable as they still had 2 timeouts AND the 2 minute warning. 
They lost the challenge.
Arizona also dropped back in coverage on third down twice on that drive instead of bringing any extra heat. Jimmy G is the real deal when he has enough time.. Jimmy G was clutch.

21 minutes ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

Late in the game also wasn’t managed the best by Kliff. 

The 49ers BARELY got a 1st down on 3rd and 3 while up 3 points and trying to milk the game. There was 2:19 seconds. Running back Tevin Coleman stopped clock by running out of bounds. Kliff challenged the spot, which was extremely questionable as they still had 2 timeouts AND the 2 minute warning. 
They lost the challenge.
Arizona also dropped back in coverage on third down twice on that drive instead of bringing any extra heat. Jimmy G is the real deal when he has enough time.. Jimmy G was clutch.

Jimmy G looks like the new Brady. And just imagine how this team will be as they get so many injured players back. If they have them in the playoffs, watch out!

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Jimmy G looks like the new Brady. And just imagine how this team will be as they get so many injured players back. If they have them in the playoffs, watch out!

Fuck the 49ers.  Had enough of them in the 80s/90s.

Seahawks beat them  a week from Monday.

8 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Agree except for the "watch out" for this year's playoffs. Even with homefield, there's that experience factor to consider.

Next year? Watch out....

On 11/1/2019 at 9:49 AM, TexasAg1969 said:

Jimmy G has been rock since he took the field as an NFL starter. He's 16-2.

I would've preferred they had gotten him over just about every other draft prospect. Those years under B&B had to have helped immensely. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SD_Tom said:

Jimmy G has been rock since he took the field as an NFL starter. He's 16-2.

I would've preferred they had gotten him over just about every other draft prospect. Those years under B&B had to have helped immensely. 

I thought that the Patriots were going to regret trading him away, but apparently Tom Brady drinks the blood of virgin girls or something and will play at a HOF level until he's 60. 

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

I thought that the Patriots were going to regret trading him away, but apparently Tom Brady drinks the blood of virgin girls or something and will play at a HOF level until he's 60. 

Actually, he boils and consumes the fat of unbaptized children.  Err, well, actually, that is "Flying ointment" for witches and warlocks.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_ointment

9 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Actually, he boils and consumes the fat of unbaptized children.  Err, well, actually, that is "Flying ointment" for witches and warlocks.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_ointment

And word is that if you drive late at night you can locate his house by the sound of these words, "Double, Double toil and trouble; Fire burn, and cauldron bubble." So he's both a Satanist and a Plagiarist. I mean who knew this is where the bubble screen was really invented?🧐

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/25/2019 at 10:03 PM, Orion said:

Pittsburgh Steelers  HEINZ FIELD  Please Win    MUST WIN   (because they're beatable with all of their key injuries)

Baltimore Ravens  FIRSTENERGY STADIUM  MUST WIN    (we probably have to win out....but perhaps could sneak into the playoffs with a loss)

Cincinnati Bengals  PAUL BROWN STADIUM  Please Win   Must Win   (because they're very bad this year)

Because we have 6 losses, we're probably going to have to win out if we want a shot at the playoffs.  The teams in front of us in the wild card hunt are not really losing at the rate we'd like to see.   That Denver loss hurt.

THIS WEEK:   We've gotta beat Pittsburgh as they're a game in front of us for the wild card.

The Titans play the Colts.  Both teams are a game ahead of us.  (Titans have the more difficult schedule remaining)

The Raiders play at the Chiefs.  The Raiders are also a game ahead of us.

The Bills are the front runner.  They play at the Cowboys.  (they also have the Ravens and Patriots on their schedule, so they 'could' get to 6 losses)

----------  We have to keep winning or it really doesn't matter what anyone else does.  We will be IN PITTSBURGH this week.  The crowd will be fired up against us.  The Steelers will be fired up against us.  It's gonna be tough, no matter who their QB is.  We need to go 1-0 this week.

At this point in time......there is still hope.....