THE BROWNS BOARD

Survey AND Trivia...Browns vs. Ravens

The Gipper

OK, here is something I have not done before......combine my usual Survey, together with my Trivia quiz.  So, I will start out with just a few trivia about Browns vs. Ravens, and then do a survey about the same:

Trivia:

1. True or False:  The Ravens have a winning record against each of the AFCN opponents:  Browns/Bengals/Steelers. 

2. Name a QB that lead the Ravens in passing for at least one or more years....that also played for the Browns.

3. Name THREE  (RBs)  that lead the Ravens in rushing for at least one season, who also played for the Browns.

4. Name TWO WRs  that lead the Ravens in receiving for at least one season, who also played for the Browns.

5. Name TWO  Ravens first round draft choices that also ended up playing for the Browns at some point.

6. Name the 6 players who made the Pro Bowl with the Ravens, who also played for the Browns.

Survey.   Give your answers or opinions:

1. The Ravens have inducted 8 players in to their Ring of Honor.....who never played for the Baltimore Ravens.    They actually played for the Baltimore Colts. Is this Fair, or Foul on their part to have done so.

2. The Ravens also inducted another player into their Ring of Honor who neither played for them, nor for the Baltimore Colts:   Ernest Byner...who did serve as a RB coach for them for a few years....them stating essentially that he is a player that "ties the two cities together, Cleveland and Baltimore" . Again is the Fair....or is it Bullshit for them to have done that?

3. Where does the (essentially)  Haloti Ngata for Kameron Wembley Trade  between the Browns and Ravens fit in your mind in the realm of bad deals made by the Browns?

4. Will it be the Browns vs. the Ravens as THE primary rivalry in the AFCN in the coming few years, or no. If no, then what?

5. Do any of the Ravens logos  appeal to you at all from an aesthetic point of view? 

Trivia:

1. True or False:  The Ravens have a winning record against each of the AFCN opponents:  Browns/Bengals/Steelers. 

True

2. Name a QB that lead the Ravens in passing for at least one or more years....that also played for the Browns.

Testeverde

3. Name THREE  (RBs)  that lead the Ravens in rushing for at least one season, who also played for the Browns.

Jamal Lewis, Rhett, McGahee

4. Name TWO WRs  that lead the Ravens in receiving for at least one season, who also played for the Browns.

Michael Jackson and Derrick Alexander

5. Name TWO  Ravens first round draft choices that also ended up playing for the Browns at some point.

Lewis, Perriman

6. Name the 6 players who made the Pro Bowl with the Ravens, who also played for the Browns.

Testeverde, Lewis. McGahee, Eric Turner, Rob Burnett, Matt Stover

1. The Ravens have inducted 8 players in to their Ring of Honor.....who never played for the Baltimore Ravens.    They actually played for the Baltimore Colts. Is this Fair, or Foul on their part to have done so.

Dumb.

2. The Ravens also inducted another player into their Ring of Honor who neither played for them, nor for the Baltimore Colts:   Ernest Byner...who did serve as a RB coach for them for a few years....them stating essentially that he is a player that "ties the two cities together, Cleveland and Baltimore" . Again is the Fair....or is it Bullshit for them to have done that?

He played for the Ravens.

3. Where does the (essentially)  Haloti Ngata for Kameron Wembley Trade  between the Browns and Ravens fit in your mind in the realm of bad deals made by the Browns?

We've done a lot worse.

4. Will it be the Browns vs. the Ravens as THE primary rivalry in the AFCN in the coming few years, or no. If no, then what?

Browns/Steelers

5. Do any of the Ravens logos  appeal to you at all from an aesthetic point of view? 

No, but the Loyal Order of Buffalo Lodge logo was good for some laughs

image.jpegx1080

8 hours ago, Zombo said:

Trivia:

True  NO

Testeverde   Check

Jamal Lewis, Rhett, McGahee  Lewis and McGahee, check...not "Rhett"

Michael Jackson and Derrick Alexander  Check

Lewis, Perriman  Check

Testeverde, Lewis. McGahee, Eric Turner, Rob Burnett, Matt Stover.....All correct except Burnett...who never made the Pro Bowl with Balt. (once with Cleve.)  One guy missing...obscure.

Dumb.

He played for the Ravens.  (The source I saw only mentioned him coaching for them...but I guess he did.

We've done a lot worse.

Browns/Steelers

No, but the Loyal Order of Buffalo Lodge logo was good for some laughs

image.jpegx1080

Obviously I will leave the Trivia section of this alone...but here are my answers on the Survey portion:

Well....to me it seems wholly hypocritical.   They were willing to wrench Cleveland's history with the Browns from us without so much as a how do you do, until restrained from doing so by court action.  So, that is the word:  hypocritical. 

Again....hypocritical.  His contributions to them as a player was comparatively minimal.   He may have been a decent RB coach....His old buddy Ozzie hired him, and he did coach RBs there for 5 years.  But how many position coaches get Ring of Honor mention?  Maybe they just thought he was a great guy...which he probably was.  But, to me, it seems condescending to state that they are putting him in because he is the "tie between two cities". Fuck that...what is that all about?  

I look at that as just another bad draft pick from that era.   It was really a trade of picks....in theory anyone else could have been drafted by these two teams.  If the draft choice had worked out better for the Browns, it would not have been a bad trade. So....just another bad pick.

I think it may be from a won/loss competitive standpoint.  But Z is right....THE AFCN rivalry will always be Browns/Steelers....even if the table gets turned and the Browns are good and the Squibs suck. 

I am glad Z  dug up that logo.....see above.  I did like that one.....but that is the one that Modell stole from a guy and would not give him credit, nor pay him for, the cheap bastard, so the guy sued him over it, and still they refused to pay him.    It is better than anything else they have come up since....though, I do like the one that incorporates elements of the Maryland flag. 

faf594f744cbd35def3293ee4ee4cce3.gif

1 minute ago, Zombo said:

I would check your source on Errict Rhett as well.

Zombo

Pro football reference.does not ever having him leading the Ravens in rushing.   Here is the link:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/rav/index.htm

But note, there is another name in there....that perhaps you are thinking of. 

2 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Pro football reference.does not ever having him leading the Ravens in rushing.   Here is the link:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/rav/index.htm

But note, there is another name in there....that perhaps you are thinking of. 

Ah, yes, West.

But I can clearly see that Rhett led them in rushing in 1999 as well.

Z

Hmm....for some reason, on my computer I can only see back to 2000 on that link.   Something is either fubar with my computer, or that website.  I would have to check a different source.

This one does show it:  https://www.footballdb.com/players/errict-rhett-rhetter01

So, you are right.   

And it is completely bizarre that the Ravens have had  4 of their annual leading rushers also play for the Browns.

OK, here is something I have not done before......combine my usual Survey, together with my Trivia quiz.  So, I will start out with just a few trivia about Browns vs. Ravens, and then do a survey about the same:

Trivia:

Answers to this

FALSE:  In fact, the only team they have a winning overall record against is the Browns.    They are 23-23 vs. Bengals, and Steelers lead them  25-21, plus Steelers lead 3-1 in playoffs.

Vinny Testaverde

Apparently it is actually 4:  Eric Reccht,  Jamal Lewis, Willis McGahee, and Terence West

Derrick Alexander, and Michael Heehee  Jackson

Jamal Lewis, and Breshard Perriman

Jamal Lewis, Matt Stover, Billy Cundiff, Vinny T. and McGahee.