THE BROWNS BOARD

Tell 'em Bernie

The Gipper

I mean, nah.

I don't understand why this is so hard for people to realize. Bernie represented an era where the Browns were a consistent, good football team. IDK when he said this, but let's assume it was after a tough playoff loss. The context of this statement is SO MUCH different than the Browns we've got in the 21st century. I'll be a 30 year old father (can't wait!) at the end of 2019 and I haven't been on this planet to see a good, consistent Browns football team. I'm watching nearly every week, but come the eff on with this line of thinking. Most people aren't stopping being Browns fan, but to suggest someone is a "bandwagon" fan because we're tired of watching a shitty product for 20 years? It's just an extremely moronic thought process.

4 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

I mean, nah.

I don't understand why this is so hard for people to realize. Bernie represented an era where the Browns were a consistent, good football team. IDK when he said this, but let's assume it was after a tough playoff loss. The context of this statement is SO MUCH different than the Browns we've got in the 21st century. I'll be a 30 year old father (can't wait!) at the end of 2019 and I haven't been on this planet to see a good, consistent Browns football team. I'm watching nearly every week, but come the eff on with this line of thinking. Most people aren't stopping being Browns fan, but to suggest someone is a "bandwagon" fan because we're tired of watching a shitty product for 20 years? It's just an extremely moronic thought process.

I get it. It’s hard to stay avid for a losing cause. Maybe next year after over 20 years gets thin.  I’ve watched way less nfl games in the past 10 years or so because we’re out of the running come October and when my team gets eliminated, I lose interest. Many thanks to the Lerners and Haslams(pip)

On 9/24/2019 at 6:11 AM, flyingfooldoug said:

His observations have always been pretty spot on. Make him a coach already and start being a winner again.  

Bernie is an alright guy and a true NE Ohio loyal BROWNS fan!

He also was a terrific quarterback at the "U" and never really gets enough credit for that leading them to a National Championship as a freshman right out of Boardman Ohio high school.

Kosar chose to play college football at the University of Miami, which ran a passing-oriented offense and was beginning to emerge as one of the top football programs in the nation.

After being redshirted in 1982, Kosar started all 12 games as a freshman in 1983. He completed 61.5 percent of his passes for 2,328 yards and 15 touchdowns, leading the Hurricanes to an 11–1 regular season and a berth in the Orange Bowl against top-ranked Nebraska, which had won 22 consecutive games. In the game, Kosar passed for 300 yards and two touchdowns, and the Hurricanes topped the Cornhuskers 31–30 for Miami's first national championship. Kosar earned Orange Bowl MVP honors for his performance.

In 1984, he set Hurricane season records with 3,642 yards and 25 touchdowns, was a second-team All-American and finished fourth in Heisman Trophy voting. Kosar's career completion percentage of 62.3 percent is still a Hurricanes record.

GO BERNIE and GO BROWNS!

8 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

I get it. It’s hard to stay avid for a losing cause. Maybe next year after over 20 years gets thin.  I’ve watched way less nfl games in the past 10 years or so because we’re out of the running come October and when my team gets eliminated, I lose interest. Many thanks to the Lerners and Haslams(pip)

For sure. It has nothing to do with being a "fan" and that's what pisses me off about this type of argument. I'll be a fan of Cleveland sports till the day I die. But I'm not going to watch some God 2-11 browns team to ruin my Sunday in December. To think that doesn't make someone a "true fan" is just plain dumb.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1