THE BROWNS BOARD

I'm Convinced Freddie Is An IDIOT!!

nickers

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Bingo!

We came out Week 1 and laid an egg at home.... pure and simple. We stunk up the joint (#2cliche'limit). It was a cold slap in the face... (damn... that's 3)....

Week 2 we played a good game on the road against a good team that was weakened by injury in Prime Time... and won.

Week 3 we played the defending NFC Champs essentially minus our entire 2ndary... at home... in Prime Time... held our own... but came up short (#4?). Could we have won it? Sure... but we aren't ready to win those kind of games.

Going to trot out #5 here... just for Dbone...

It's a process people...

You have to learn how to win in this league... and you do it by losing... and learning. I think we've already seen learning week to week. And while I do not expect a win in Week 4 (never did) I do expect to see even more learning.

It certainly IS a process & I believe "experience is the best teacher". As my Dad would say on every trip we took, "We're on our way, but we ain't there yet kids".

Mike

I don’t see Kitchens as a head coach. I started panicking week one. Baker looks awful! He looks uncomfortable and this will continue unless something drastic changes, they’re still the Browns of old. I’m too old for patience when it comes to the Browns. 

Kitchens’ press conference after losing to the Rams ( a game they had to win) seemed too negative and he appears stubborn and stupid.

I’m going on 65 yrs old and have seen this movie before.

I know how it ends😡

• Haha 1

On 9/24/2019 at 11:17 AM, Canton Mike said:

It certainly IS a process & I believe "experience is the best teacher". As my Dad would say on every trip we took, "We're on our way, but we ain't there yet kids".

Mike

not a head coach.....this organization keeps fucking shit up......21 yrs now......me thinks we will have more 3 and outs than points this weekend...freddie will be on the sidlines looking like the bubba he is....

15 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

I just watched the Packers throw four straight passes at the 1.  

Looks like stupid has company 

Running the ball with under a minute and 1 timeout is risky because if you don’t score, the next play is rushed with the clock ticking. You would have to have 2 plays called essentially. Which is another discussion. 

Packers failed. The plays they ran looked Todd Haley-esq. A bunch of button hooks.. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

I just watched the Packers throw four straight passes at the 1.  

Looks like stupid has company 

good game..the eagles also have at least 4 player visors darker than OBJ's was..not a peep to any of them.. looks like Jimmy Graham can't high point a ball anymore either

10 minutes ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

Running the ball with under a minute and 1 timeout is risky because if you don’t score, the next play is rushed with the clock ticking. You would have to have 2 plays called essentially. Which is another discussion. 

Packers failed. The plays they ran looked Todd Haley-esq. A bunch of button hooks.. 

Are you talking about the Browns?  We had three timeouts...45 seconds left.

7 hours ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

Plus the fact that the Pack couldn't run on Philly... at least not once Williams was KO'd... and perhaps not even then.

AS for Freddie... (a/k/a meanwhile back at the thread)...

Not going to give up on him as yet...

Yes, the start has been rough, but you had to know it would be. There's a learning curve for a new HC... and his having a young team to lead doesn't help matters.

Remember Bill's first years? He had a reasonably veteran team and probably the most talent to ever be on one staff, and still there were growing pains.

I'm not saying Freddie will grow up to be Bill, but he will grow.

One last thought... Most here love Dorsey more than I do. Freddie is Dorsey's guy. If you trust his player judgement, give him the benefit of the doubt in Freddie's case as well. You know that behind the scenes Dorsey is working with Freddie to sharpen his game.

And if Freddie doesn't work out... we have Wilks in the wings... at least as of now. It's widely viewed that he got a raw deal in AZ that at least rivals the ones Chud and/or Pet got here. Both of which now seem to have ocurred a lifetime ago.

9 hours ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

Yep, and then they got desperate and tried to run the "rub route", which I freaking HATE.  

11 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

Are you talking about the Browns?  We had three timeouts...45 seconds left.

Idk why I was thinking they were used up. 

Maybe having Chubb in the backfield would’ve been useful but the field was already small enough at the 5. A run to the 2 yard line wouldn’t have done much but burn a timeout 

12 hours ago, gumby73 said:

good game..the eagles also have at least 4 player visors darker than OBJ's was..not a peep to any of them.. looks like Jimmy Graham can't high point a ball anymore either

I guess obj's wasn't an Oakley branded visor. Nfl changed the rule after the Oakley partnership

• Thanks 1

On 9/22/2019 at 11:49 PM, nickers said:

We go for it on 4th down and run a fucking draw?.. Get this Retard mother fucker out of here and hire a real fucking coach.. and get an oline to go with Bito and Tretter.. The rest of the Oline BLOWS

And don't forget the former official joining the commentators said if anyone on our staff knew enough to challenge the call/no call on one of the previous plays - it would have only been 3rd and 9 instead of 4th and 9.   I felt like I was watching a lost episode of Hee Haw or something...

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Flugel said:

And don't forget the former official joining the commentators said if anyone on our staff knew enough to challenge the call/no call on one of the previous plays - it would have only been 3rd and 9 instead of 4th and 9.   I felt like I was watching a lost episode of Hee Haw or something...

More like Gilligan's Island where the same old shit happens year after year with the exact same results, stuck in the same old place on the wrong side of the score.

1*fiCXgOLRQIW5V1FteNb2yg.jpeg

At least they had Ginger.

4 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Is it just me or was Tina Louise a lot hotter when I was going thru puberty?

Of course.....and I'll bet you also thought if Tina didn't like you that Mary Ann was also nice....... again puberty talking.

Tina+Louise+in+the+1960s+(4).jpg

images

c6c7db4b85d699fbd049988b1df6616e-1.jpg