THE BROWNS BOARD

WEEK 4 - BROWNS a 5.5 point early underdog the O/U is 46.5 in Balt at 1 pm....now +7

mjp28

WEEK 4 - BROWNS a 5.5 point early underdog the O/U is 46.5 in Baltimore, MD Sept 29 at 1 pm.  Cincinnati is a 4.5 point underdog in Pittsburgh on MNF.

For all games and more http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/las-vegas/?s=1863

And for your information the BROWNS jumped up to a 4.5 or even 5 point underdog vs the LA Rams before the game.

Screenshot_2019-09-22_233630.jpg

5 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

If AJ Green returns then Cincy beats that spread.

I wouldn't overlook Cincinnati plus points in the right circumstances.  ALSO pit is 0-3 and probably very desperate.

Monday afternoon,. I see where the BROWNS are already bumping up to CLE +6 at some books.  That didn't happen last week.

.....oh and Cincinnati is slightly down to +4.  Early moves.

Screenshot_2019-09-23_130429.jpg

36 minutes ago, SD_Tom said:

But all you have to do is make Lamar pass it a lot and it's an easy win. 

Last year I agree with you. This year he's doing way better than Baker. 

5 minutes ago, SD_Tom said:

I was being sarcastic.  People keep sleeping on Lamar will have a rude awakening this year. 

And yes, I agree that Browns will be in trouble Sunday 

I see. Yeah, I was not thrilled to see Lamar a passing so well this year. 

2 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

I see. Yeah, I was not thrilled to see Lamar a passing so well this year. 

... and his running doesn't suck either.

The kid has made a quantum leap from his rookie campaign... and still has room to improve.

Myles is going to eat Lamar's lunch. He might not make it out of this game. 

He tries that loopy spin around in the pocket move where he runs away from any normal DT, he's going to be in a body bag.  He will get loose once or twice but after seeing Wilks do what he did to the NFC Champs, I feel like we might has a DC on our hands.

Lamar had about 150 yards Sunday where he ran around in the backfield and threw it up for grabs. That one ball that came down at the goal line looked like a damn punt....

KC's defense is currently ranked 24th.....Cards are 29th..... Fins are last.....

21 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

Well, I won't argue "better" but Lamar got schemed to be a pocket thrower last week and looked well below average in that department. If it weren't for some truly miracle throws (the kind they teach HS kids not to throw), he woulda been below 50% and what shoulda been a couple INT's.

• Like 1

-7 way too many points.  The Ravens secondary is suspect. The last two weeks they’ve allowed big plays in the pass game.  One of those games against a rookie.   I think a good bet is Browns total over too.

On the other side, I don’t think Gregg Williams Defense had an answer for their run game last year-  but I think Wilks D will be better prepared and it helps facing Lamar again and we have guys that have that experience. 

We need our corners back, we need to cover Andrews and our Spy on Jackson has to play a great game

some of these guys that are dinged up need to man up this is a huge game

1 hour ago, jrb12711 said:

Well, I won't argue "better" but Lamar got schemed to be a pocket thrower last week and looked well below average in that department. If it weren't for some truly miracle throws (the kind they teach HS kids not to throw), he woulda been below 50% and what shoulda been a couple INT's.

I see what you're saying.  Let me give you the example of Baker's regression, and what's scary is that it resembles Deshon Kizer.  Remember when Kizer literally couldn't throw a TD pass once we got to the red zone?  Either Kizer snuck it in, or we kicked a FG, that was it.  Well, doesn't our red zone offense look just like that?  It doesn't even look like we have a CHANCE to score.

Listen, people want to blame play calling, but here's the real problem:  Baker isn't seeing the open man.  Let's look at the last 4 plays of the game, as painful as it is.  I want you to disregard the popular picture going around Twitter that shows a wide open lane for Baker to run through.  If you watch that play, there's NO WAY Baker could've run it in, so that's crap.  Ok, we had four plays to score.  I wasn't thrilled about the play calling, but here's the fact of the matter....Baker didn't see the open guy.  Not ONCE did Baker look to OBJ who was OPEN on two of the plays.  Not kind of open, he was OPEN.  Baker didn't even LOOK his way at all during all 4 plays.  If you're a young QB and you see OBJ with single coverage, who are you going to throw to?  Well, Baker threw to Damion Ratley, Demetrius Harris, and one to Jarvis.  On 2 of the 4 plays Baker had open receivers, and not ONCE did he find them.  What you can't excuse is Baker not looking at OBJ and giving him a chance.  The play calls weren't great, but we had guys open on 2 of the 4 plays, and Baker didn't make it happen.  I don't know how he doesn't recognize single coverage on 2 of those plays, and I don't know why he didn't lock in on OBJ and give him a shot.  He instead went with Damion Ratley and Demetrius Harris?  OBJ literally juked his guy to the GROUND on one play!  How does Baker miss this?  Shouldn't he be looking for his best weapon?  

• Thanks 1

On 9/23/2019 at 1:03 PM, SD_Tom said:

But all you have to do is make Lamar pass it a lot and it's an easy win. 

On 9/23/2019 at 1:39 PM, jiggins7919 said:

Well, currently, that's a pretty low bar. :D It was pointed out Jackson threw two passes he was damn lucky weren't interceptions. The first he was in the process of getting sacked, and just chucked it up there 40 yards, and his prayer got answered. The other was a long one across his body that the receiver made a great play on. Only John Elway and a few others had enough arm to pull that stunt off successfully.....  

21 hours ago, The Gipper said:

And still has not yet taken that crushing blow that will cripple him for a while.  Its coming.

The more he plays it seems that hope (from the rest of the league) is getting less likely. Looks like he's put on bulk, and is mighty elusive. Been able to avoid the big hit- so far. 

4 hours ago, hx214 said:

Myles is going to eat Lamar's lunch. He might not make it out of this game. 

He tries that loopy spin around in the pocket move where he runs away from any normal DT, he's going to be in a body bag.  He will get loose once or twice but after seeing Wilks do what he did to the NFC Champs, I feel like we might has a DC on our hands.

Lamar had about 150 yards Sunday where he ran around in the backfield and threw it up for grabs. That one ball that came down at the goal line looked like a damn punt....

KC's defense is currently ranked 24th.....Cards are 29th..... Fins are last.....

Browns are 10th in total defense... But don't get your hopes up about Myles crushing Lamar. Myles is fast, Lamar is faster. 

My worry is the Ravens defense is playing a Greg Williams style. Sending different blitzes on almost every play. That's a recipe to get Baker killed with the current state of our sieve o-line.  BTW to date only Matt Ryan has thrown more interceptions than Mayfield. He had better get out of his funk, or we don't have a chance Sunday.  

On 9/23/2019 at 7:05 AM, TexasAg1969 said:

If AJ Green returns then Cincy beats that spread.

Though I'd like nothing better for the Bengals to win and put the Steelers season on the edge of the toilet seat with one additional loss pushing them in and flushing- I don't see the Steelers losing a prime time game at home. Hope I'm wrong. A tie would be pretty beneficial though.  :D 

47 minutes ago, hoorta said:

My worry is the Ravens defense is playing a Greg Williams style. Sending different blitzes on almost every play. That's a recipe to get Baker killed with the current state of our sieve o-line.  BTW to date only Matt Ryan has thrown more interceptions than Mayfield. He had better get out of his funk, or we don't have a chance Sunday.  

And that's just it.  My biggest issue is teams are showing cover zero and Baker can't beat it.  Teams know that Baker has turned into a "one read QB" and if you cover the one read, the play is over.  Baker will automatically run to the right, try to find someone, throw it 20 yards out of bounds, and usually take a hard hit.  At this rate, I see no possible way Baker lasts through the halfway point, there's just no way.  People keep talking about Lamar getting hurt, but I never see him take super hard hits.  I absolutely hate sounding like a negative douche bag, but I really don't see any way we keep this game close, let alone win.  We simply don't score points, and Baker lost whatever chemistry he had.  We can talk about injuries, OL play, or whatever else the excuse da jour is, but Baker missed two easy TD throws at the end of the game.  That's never ok, and what's worse is that he didn't "miss" the throws because of accuracy, he "missed" them because he never even SAW where to throw it.  That tells us he's guessing where to go with the ball before he snaps it and he's not surveying the field.  

I never thought of Baker as a one read QB, but it's true.  There's a ton of evidence to support this, and now that he's seeing ghosts and hearing footsteps, it's probably going to get worse before it gets better.  And there's no guarantee that it WILL get better.  Baker looks incredibly shell-shocked and scared out there, and the offense in general appears to be completely out of juice.  They have no energy, no emotion, and no creativity.  So what's next?  Well, OBJ will be injured soon, that's just how it goes.  He misses games every year, so you can bet it's coming.  Hopefully Calloway helps, but I don't expect it to.  Freddie has less time than a lot of people think, and don't be surprised if something happens at the bye.  Maybe not a firing, but a changing of the play-calling.  Not challenging the pass interference because you didn't understand you'd get the down over is reason enough for me to fire someone, but to run the draw on 4th and 9 immediately after that would have caused me to take action.  It was infuriating, embarrassing, and something I've never seen before.  

One quick edit.  On the series where we didn't challenge the PI and we ran "the draw", Baker missed two open receivers and never threw the ball either time.  One was this guy named Odell Beckham, and I think the other was Jarvis Landry.  They're pretty good, but they can't throw the ball to themselves.  I really hope Baker gives us something to watch this year...things don't generally get better when you travel to Baltimore.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

Well, currently, that's a pretty low bar. :D It was pointed out Jackson threw two passes he was damn lucky weren't interceptions. The first he was in the process of getting sacked, and just chucked it up there 40 yards, and his prayer got answered. The other was a long one across his body that the receiver made a great play on. Only John Elway and a few others had enough arm to pull that stunt off successfully.....  

The more he plays it seems that hope (from the rest of the league) is getting less likely. Looks like he's put on bulk, and is mighty elusive. Been able to avoid the big hit- so far. 

Browns are 10th in total defense... But don't get your hopes up about Myles crushing Lamar. Myles is fast, Lamar is faster. 

Meh. Baker has 5 ints. League average is 3. 

He threw a pick at the end of the Rams game on 4th down to end the game, had to just throw it up.

Another came on a ball that bounced off of OBJ’s hands. 

Not to worried about the INT’s

5 minutes ago, jcam222 said:

I am not all that capable of in depth football analysis. I do however feel like I read people very well. Every bit of mannerism exhibited by Baker right now shows zero confidence and complete defeat. You can see it in his eyes and mannerisms. Scary. 

Waiting for the next time he wakes up in the morning feeling dangerous.

3 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

And that's just it.  My biggest issue is teams are showing cover zero and Baker can't beat it.  Teams know that Baker has turned into a "one read QB" and if you cover the one read, the play is over.  Baker will automatically run to the right, try to find someone, throw it 20 yards out of bounds, and usually take a hard hit.  At this rate, I see no possible way Baker lasts through the halfway point, there's just no way.  People keep talking about Lamar getting hurt, but I never see him take super hard hits.  I absolutely hate sounding like a negative douche bag, but I really don't see any way we keep this game close, let alone win.  We simply don't score points, and Baker lost whatever chemistry he had.  We can talk about injuries, OL play, or whatever else the excuse da jour is, but Baker missed two easy TD throws at the end of the game.  That's never ok, and what's worse is that he didn't "miss" the throws because of accuracy, he "missed" them because he never even SAW where to throw it.  That tells us he's guessing where to go with the ball before he snaps it and he's not surveying the field.  

I never thought of Baker as a one read QB, but it's true.  There's a ton of evidence to support this, and now that he's seeing ghosts and hearing footsteps, it's probably going to get worse before it gets better.  And there's no guarantee that it WILL get better.  Baker looks incredibly shell-shocked and scared out there, and the offense in general appears to be completely out of juice.  They have no energy, no emotion, and no creativity.  So what's next?  Well, OBJ will be injured soon, that's just how it goes.  He misses games every year, so you can bet it's coming.  Hopefully Calloway helps, but I don't expect it to.  Freddie has less time than a lot of people think, and don't be surprised if something happens at the bye.  Maybe not a firing, but a changing of the play-calling.  Not challenging the pass interference because you didn't understand you'd get the down over is reason enough for me to fire someone, but to run the draw on 4th and 9 immediately after that would have caused me to take action.  It was infuriating, embarrassing, and something I've never seen before.  

One quick edit.  On the series where we didn't challenge the PI and we ran "the draw", Baker missed two open receivers and never threw the ball either time.  One was this guy named Odell Beckham, and I think the other was Jarvis Landry.  They're pretty good, but they can't throw the ball to themselves.  I really hope Baker gives us something to watch this year...things don't generally get better when you travel to Baltimore.

You’re wrong 

2 hours ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

Putting money down against the Browns when they play Baltimore? 🧐

Regrettable, to say the least...

It's also historically been another "-able"...

Profitable...

Especially in BLT...

And in case you are wondering.....and I know you are the next time after this weekend when we see our BROWNS it will be on MNF and they are already a +4 underdog in San Francisco.    ;)

.......and Baltimore -3 in pit and Arizona +3 in Cincinnati.

Screenshot_2019-09-24_224032.jpg