THE BROWNS BOARD

Go Browns!

steelersfan412

4 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Now you want to deny what you said. Who are you Trump? You said exactly what I said you said that the Browns had no championships under the current league. Perhaps you should learn to read your own words.  

Definitely not a racist biggot, unlike other homophobes on this forum. Two in this thread already that have shown their true colors.

Yes, under the current league, the browns have no championships. Now you want to argue that the league hasn't changed in the past 99 years? I can't wait to see this.

246 Northland Drive

6 minutes ago, steelersfan412 said:

Definitely not a racist biggot, unlike other homophobes on this forum. Two in this thread already that have shown their true colors.

Yes, under the current league, the browns have no championships. Now you want to argue that the league hasn't changed in the past 99 years? I can't wait to see this.

246 Northland Drive

Well again you were just being stupid but using that term current league. The current league is the national football league. The current league has been in existence for yes those 99 years. And yes changes have been made many times. Changes have been made many times in the last 100 years. And As I said before the game has changed a A lot more since 1970 than it did before 1970. So the term current league has absolutely no relevance. You can’t even say since the merger because there have been more than one merger. There was a merger in 1950 and again in 1970. And there may have even been something before that.

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

I don't give up because I am 100% dead fucking right!.  History is history...and no matter how much SEC fans want to deny it...the South lost the Civil War and  Pro Football began as we know it in 1920.......and the fact is....the 1970s NFL has vastly more in common with the 1940s and 1950s NFL than it does with today's NFL.

So, pick some other arbitrary, or not so arbitrary point in time....to begin to ignore the history before that.

The 1979 rule changes regarding eliminating bump and run changed things far more than a title game with a catchy nickname. And so have many other things since then.  When OL started becoming  300 lbers instead of 250 lbers...in the mid 80s had more effect on today's game. 

And apparently no one else besides you gives a shit how "right" you are about ancient NFL history. We can discuss who won the Peloponnesian War or War of the Roses too- that's part of history.

Irving Texas abuts Dallas- butthead. Want to grasp at more straws? Hey- I lived in Cleveland for over 25 years- and NO ONE living there would ever consider Canton part of Cleveland. Richfield is still considered a Cleveland suburb- but definitely not Tallmage or Barberton. Really- just cut the crap Gip, and keep on living in your fantasy.  

And boo-hoo that what his name denied the AAFC records as not counting. It is what it is, and none of your wailing and railing about how unfair that was is ever going to change it. 

1 minute ago, The Gipper said:

Well again you were just being stupid but using that term current league. The current league is the national football league. The current leak has been in existence for yes those 99 years. And yes changes have been made many times. Changes have been made many times in the last 50 years. As I said before the game has changed a A lot more since 1970 than it did before 1970. So the term current league has absolutely no relevance. You can’t even say since the merger because there have been more than one merger. There was a merger in 1950 and again in 1970. And there may have even been something before that.

Good, so you do realize the league has changed a lot in the past 99 years. Pick the last big change you can think of. My statement still stands. The browns have no championships under the current league.

It is pointless to argue what the current league is, it is a matter of opinion and not fact. You will view it how you want, I will view it how I want.

Just now, hoorta said:

And apparently no one else besides you gives a shit how "right" you are about ancient NFL history. We can discuss who won the Peloponnesian War or War of the Roses too- that's part of history.

Irving Texas abuts Dallas- butthead. Want to grasp at more straws? Hey- I lived in Cleveland for over 25 years- and NO ONE living there would ever consider Canton part of Cleveland. Richfield would sill be considered a Cleveland suburb- but definitely not Tallmage or Barberton. Really- just cut the crap Gip, and keep on living in your fantasy.  

And boo-hoo that what his name denied the AAFC records as not counting. It is what it is, and none of your wailing and railing about how unfair that was is ever going to change it. 

Larry quit acting like a Steeler fan giving the Steeler fan line sucking up to Steeler fans. And by the way since you under your version of geography Richfield would not be a suburb of Cleveland. It is a suburb of Akron. If you wanna make that distinction then do it right. Though you’re wrong and making that distinction

2 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Irving Texas abuts Dallas- butthead. Want to grasp at more straws? Hey- I lived in Cleveland for over 25 years- and NO ONE living there would ever consider Canton part of Cleveland. Richfield is still be considered a Cleveland suburb- but definitely not Tallmage or Barberton. Really- just cut the crap Gip, and keep on living in your fantasy.  

He has trouble discerning fact from fantasy. In his reality, the titanic did not sink, and nfl records show the aafc titles.

1 minute ago, steelersfan412 said:

Good, so you do realize the league has changed a lot in the past 99 years. Pick the last big change you can think of. My statement still stands. The browns have no championships under the current league.

It is pointless to argue what the current league is, it is a matter of opinion and not fact. You will view it how you want, I will view it how I want.

Just quit using the stupid term current league. that is just pure baseless ignorance the current league could’ve begun last season when they made changes to the rules associated with hitting quarterbacks so just quit the stupidity with that term. Under the current league the Steelers have no championships either. I could argue that just as easily

Just now, The Gipper said:

Larry quit acting like a Steeler fan giving the Steeler fan line sucking up to Steeler fans. And by the way since you under your version of geography Richfield would not be a suburb of Cleveland. It is a suburb of Akron. If you wanna make that distinction then do it right. Though you’re wrong and making that distinction

He hasn't said one thing to suck up to me. He does however live in a real world where fact is fact and your... fantasy... is an alternate fact. I don't care if hoorta is a browns fan, or a ravens fan, or a fan of fat asses. He is someone I could sit down with and have a reasonable conversation.

1 minute ago, The Gipper said:

I'll say this GO POUND SALT. I damn well will stick up for a Steeler fan when he's right, and you're pulling up crap that is only relevant in your mind. 

Just quit using the stupid term current league. that is just pure baseless ignorance the current league could’ve begun last season when they made changes to the rules associated with hitting quarterbacks so just quit the stupidity with that term. Under the current league the Steelers have no championships either. I could argue that just as easily

As i said, pointless to argue what the 'current league' is, because your opinion differs from mine. If you were smart enough to go back to the op, I said I would like to see the browns win a super bowl. The do not have any super bowl titles.

246 Northland Drive. Do you need the phone number too?

NFL records don’t matter. Therecords are what the records are no matter who records them. 

And the records say AAFC record don't count in the NFL-  says who the Pro Football HOF, that keeps the official records.  

Just now, hoorta said:

I'll say this GO POUND SALT. I damn well will stick up for a Steeler fan when he's right, and you're pulling up crap that is only relevant in your mind. 

Sorry if the facts get in the way of a good delusion. Because it seems you were agreeing with him that the Browns have never won a championship in the so-called current league. So Larry tell me when do you think the current league began operation. 

1 minute ago, steelersfan412 said:

As i said, pointless to argue what the 'current league' is, because your opinion differs from mine. If you were smart enough to go back to the op, I said I would like to see the browns win a super bowl. The do not have any super bowl titles.

246 Northland Drive. Do you need the phone number too?

No shit captain obvious. No the Browns have not won anything coins with the term Super Bowl. Why would we even argue about that. But that’s different from what terminology you used. 

• hoorta locked this topic