THE BROWNS BOARD

Go Browns!

steelersfan412

I'm a Steelers fan, born and raise in Pittsburgh. I registered on this forum to say... GO BROWNS! I think the browns have been doing some really positive things with the team, and it is starting to look like a real force to contend with. When I look to the future and think of my team competing in the division, I don't see competing with the Ravens, or the Bengals.... I see the Browns as the emerging competition. It's your time to shine guys, and you deserve it! I think I'd like to see the Browns win the Super Bowl this year.

(EDIT) P.S. I am watching the Browns vs Rams tonight. GO BROWNS!

10 hours ago, steelersfan412 said:

I'm a Steelers fan, born and raise in Pittsburgh. I registered on this forum to say... GO BROWNS! I think the browns have been doing some really positive things with the team, and it is starting to look like a real force to contend with. When I look to the future and think of my team competing in the division, I don't see competing with the Ravens, or the Bengals.... I see the Browns as the emerging competition. It's your time to shine guys, and you deserve it! I think I'd like to see the Browns win the Super Bowl this year.

(EDIT) P.S. I am watching the Browns vs Rams tonight. GO BROWNS!

Fuck off, Dickhead.

Zombo

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, steelersfan412 said:

🙄

Was there supposed to be a reply in there somewhere?  Lets assume for a moment that you disagreed with my contention that we have 13 Super Bowls...and consider this logically:

The Super Bowl is simply the marketing nickname that the league applies to its league championship game. 

The Cleveland area has won 13 Championships....    Its just that those did not have some catchy marketing nickname attached to them.   

FYI...the "Super Bowl" nickname was applied retroactively to what that game is now called.  It was not called that until like year 5 of the game under that particular setup.  So, it is not untoward that we could retroactively call every pro football title a "Super Bowl" Championship.   Because in essence that is what they are. 

22 minutes ago, steelersfan412 said:

No, there was not. I'll reply when you re-join reality.

No you won't, you will be too gutless and delusional to hear the facts.  We have dealt with ignorant Steeler trolls like you for decades...and everyone of them has had their ass handed to them when it comes to NFL history.  I would give you documentation....but you likely would not be capable of comprehending it.  I will just give you the bare bones basics:

1920,  1922, 1923, 1924, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1954, 1955, 1964.    Count them.  13 championships for Northeast Ohio. 

And in case you had not heard,  this is the 100th anniversary being celebrated this year.  Not the 50th..or any other number...100.  If you need more data that you could hopefully be able to read, look at this:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/

So again, no championships under the current league?

I won a taco eating contest once. Let me add that to the list of the brownies championships...

The Gipper isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer. I came on here being perfectly pleasant and wishing well upon your team, and every response I have got has been 'ignorant' like a troll would do. Seems like browns fans have something lodged in their rectum... wonder why....

15 minutes ago, steelersfan412 said:

I won a taco eating contest once. Let me add that to the list of the brownies championships...

No wonder no one likes browns fans. I came on here being perfectly pleasant and wishing well upon your team, and every response I have got has been 'ignorant' like a troll would do. Seems like browns fans have something lodged in their rectum... wonder why....

The current league?   That would be the NFL and the leagues that have merged with the NFL over the last 100 years.  So the answer is YES....13 championships under the "current league"

Maybe you are thinking of the USFL, or the XFL? And when your taco eating league merges with the NFL...then that championship can be recognized as well. 

As for you being called ignorant....well...when you ARE ignorant...as you are being here, what are we supposed to do?  I mean...when you purposely deny facts and history....what other nomenclature should we apply to you?   And its not like you have not now been informed.  I just informed you.   Now you have no excuse such as saying "I did not know that".  Now you know that.    I even gave you the link to what the facts were.  Do you wish to deny the facts in that link as well? 

If , on the other hand you do learn what I have said and linked to you...then you should look yourself in the mirror and say:   "Wow...The Gipper has really educated me on football.  I am wholly appreciative of that. 

Ok 'Gipper', you are clearly a bit obtuse. Let me break it down for you:

1. I said "Super Bowl". Read post #7.
2. I did not come in here being Ignorant. Read OP.

3. Even if I were to merge my taco eating league with the NFL, the league can decide that it will not accept previous records... As the NFL did with the AAFC.

Wow...The Gipper has really educated me on football.  I am wholly appreciative of that. 

49 minutes ago, steelersfan412 said:

Ok 'Gipper', you are clearly a bit obtuse. Let me break it down for you:

Not at all....let ME break it down for YOU: 

Again...Super Bowl is merely a marketing moniker....which was applied retroactively for the AFC/NFC Championship game.  Catchy nicknames are not substantive facts.

So? Your ignorance only just cropped up after you made your first post?

3. Even if I were to merge my taco eating league with the NFL, the league can decide that it will not accept previous records... As the NFL did with the AAFC.

The NFL does NOT  determine what can and should be included in the history records.  The Pro Football Hall of Fame is far more authoritative, as are many  other authoritative  sources.  Name which sources you prefer:  Elias, Sporting News, PFR etc.  Note the link I gave you....and I could give you 100 others.   Also....there is a story about why the NFL does not recognize AAFC records it that involves complete pettiness and jealousy on the part of the league..or at least the people that ran it at the time.  Let me know if you want to be educated on the full story there.

Wow...The Gipper has really educated me on football.  I am wholly appreciative of that. 

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Not at all....let ME break it down for YOU: 

Again...Super Bowl is merely a marketing moniker....which was applied retroactively for the AFC/NFC Championship game.  Catchy nicknames are not substantive facts.

So? Your ignorance only just cropped up after you made your first post?

The NFL does NOT  determine what can and should be included in the history records.  The Pro Football Hall of Fame is far more authoritative, as are many  other authoritative  sources.  Name which sources you prefer:  Elias, Sporting News, PFR etc.  Note the link I gave you....and I could give you 100 others.   Also....there is a story about why the NFL does not recognize AAFC records it that involves complete pettiness and jealousy on the part of the league..or at least the people that ran it at the time.  Let me know if you want to be educated on the full story there.

1. Call it marketing moniker or whatever you like, my statement still stands on its own. Would it be better if I were to clarify for you? The browns have never won an AFC/NFC championship game? The Browns have never won a Vince Lombardi trophy?

2. Again, I haven't said anything incorrect. I'm not the one trying to stretch and twist the facts for their own benefit or ego.

3. I did NOT say the NFL determines what is "recorded in the history" records. I said the NFL did not "accept" those records (into their own records). Reading comprehension 101. There is nothing on this story you could educate me on. And while I agree that it was based on pettiness and jealousy, this still doesn't change the fact that AAFC records are not in the NFL record books.

I apologize for saying no one likes browns fans, because that isn't true. I have a friend who is a browns fan, though it does seem like he has something lodged in his rectum when this subject comes up. I'll revise my comment to just say The Gipper isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer.

I'd still like to see the browns win the super bowl this season. (or win an AFC/NFC championship game, or a Vince Lombardi trophy, for any obtuse people who don't understand)

4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

No you won't, you will be too gutless and delusional to hear the facts.  We have dealt with ignorant Steeler trolls like you for decades...and everyone of them has had their ass handed to them when it comes to NFL history.  I would give you documentation....but you likely would not be capable of comprehending it.  I will just give you the bare bones basics:

1920,  1922, 1923, 1924, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1954, 1955, 1964.    Count them.  13 championships for Northeast Ohio. 

And in case you had not heard,  this is the 100th anniversary being celebrated this year.  Not the 50th..or any other number...100.  If you need more data that you could hopefully be able to read, look at this:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/

Gip- even most Browns fans don't agree agree with your count. I don't count "Northeast Ohio" the same way Browns fans in Dayton don't count anything the Bengals have ever done. EDIT: that's the same as me claiming Dayton has a couple Super Bowl appearances- it's all SW Ohio, right?  Canton isn't the same as Cleveland- that's just spin on your part. Same as the Bears- the "Decatur Staleys" 180 miles away from Chicago. 

Yeah go wax nostalgic about the Canton Bulldogs or Akron Pros- teams that went out of existence long before most of us were born- or even our parents.  Yeah the Titanic sank too- that's just about as relevant to the current NFL.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, steelersfan412 said:

1. Call it marketing moniker or whatever you like, my statement still stands on its own. Would it be better if I were to clarify for you? The browns have never won an AFC/NFC championship game? The Browns have never won a Vince Lombardi trophy?

2. Again, I haven't said anything incorrect. I'm not the one trying to stretch and twist the facts for their own benefit or ego.

3. I did NOT say the NFL determines what is "recorded in the history" records. I said the NFL did not "accept" those records (into their own records). Reading comprehension 101. There is nothing on this story you could educate me on. And while I agree that it was based on pettiness and jealousy, this still doesn't change the fact that AAFC records are not in the NFL record books.

I apologize for saying no one likes browns fans, because that isn't true. I have a friend who is a browns fan, though it does seem like he has something lodged in his rectum when this subject comes up. I'll revise my comment to just say The Gipper isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer.

I'd still like to see the browns win the super bowl this season. (or win an AFC/NFC championship game, or a Vince Lombardi trophy, for any obtuse people who don't understand)

Just ignore Gipper, he's not going to give it up.   Most fans think the "real" modern era of the NFL started with the Super Bowl. What irks Browns fans is Steeler front runner fans thinking the history of the NFL started in 1970. :)  

The ones in denial not being willing to admit before that, the pre 1970 Steelers were as bad as the post 1999 Browns.  :)  

I'd say it boils down to a matter of opinion when the "real" modern era started. Did it start with the first AFC/NFC championship? Post merger? Eh, its all opinion.

I'm no steelers front runner fan. A Pens front runner fan yes, but I'm only a small steelers fan. Hey, i've been to two steelers games though!

On a side note, vegas superbowl odds went from +2200 to +2800 after yesterdays game. Is anyone on here placing any bets?

I'll say this- to Gipper. I don't- and almost no one else does- cares about your personal cockamamie definitions of "area" Championships that happened damn near 100 years ago.  Be my guest if you want to puff your chest out about long defunct franchises. I'd bet you could win a lot of money betting supposed NFL fans they couldn't name more than three of them. Those records most certainly don't relate to the franchise called the Cleveland Browns. Historically correct? Yep. Were you at any of those 1920s games? I don't think so. Possible my grandfather was, though I never got the chance to ask him. They're as much a relevant part of history as the Stock Market crash of the 20s to economics as the the current state of the NFL. Did you lose money then? Then stop your yammering, it's getting old.  

6 hours ago, steelersfan412 said:

The Gipper isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer. I came on here being perfectly pleasant and wishing well upon your team, and every response I have got has been 'ignorant' like a troll would do. Seems like browns fans have something lodged in their rectum... wonder why....

You must be Vagifags Boyfriend..

• Upvote 1