THE BROWNS BOARD

Garrett fined 42k

Alkid3

4 hours ago, Alkid3 said:

For 2 hits on Siemian. What's that 52k for the year and its week 3. 

Was fined for a facemask against Titans. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27668983/browns-garrett-fined-42k-two-siemian-hits

I laughed when I saw his message inside the link. Click on that twitter message and look at the symbol next to the last word "week". That is an Aggie sign using the University of Texas  "Hook 'em" for Bevo their mascot, but with the thumb out to say, "Bevo with a dick in his ear". It's an Aggie joke aimed at our former rival.😂

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, hx214 said:

I still don’t understand what constituted a penalty on that second hit... he was in mid air for the tackle when Siemian still had the ball. Freddy said refs told him that he hit him to high.... 

whatever. Put them all in body bags Myles. 

Agree.  The first hit deserved the fine.  The second hit no way.  You could argue that the third (he wasn’t penalized) when he dropped the 3rd string on his head may have warranted a fine.

no problem with his play Just cut it out in close ball games in the second half of games 

4 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I laughed when I saw his message inside the link. Click on that twitter message and look at the symbol next to the last word "week". That is an Aggie sign using the University of Texas  "Hook 'em" for Bevo their mascot, but with the thumb out to say, "Bevo with a dick in his ear". It's an Aggie joke aimed at our former rival.😂

Esoteric.

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Garrett should market "Landing on QBs for Charity" tee-shirts...

... and, of course, give the proceeds to charity.

I believe all fines assessed against players DO go to charity:

The fines collected do not go to the NFL, but instead go to programs for former players. The Players Association and the league have agreed to donate fine money through the NFL Foundation to the NFL Player Care Foundation and the Gene Upshaw Players Association's Players Assistance Trust.

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Esoteric.

LOL! That's because we have our own secret society. I go dove hunting with a bunch of my A&M friends this Tu-Th and when I tell them about that, they'll all laugh. It's definitely an insiders joke. I'm still trying to figure out where he got the emoji. First time I've actually seen it.

3 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

LOL! That's because we have our own secret society. I go dove hunting with a bunch of my A&M friends this Tu-Th and when I tell them about that, they'll all laugh. It's definitely an insiders joke. I'm still trying to figure out where he got the emoji. First time I've actually seen it.

Esoteric

11 hours ago, nickers said:

And Jamal Adams walks scott free...You can't tell me the NFL is not tainted...

Agreed. Adams took a direct hit with the receiver already blocked. Kinda like the Trevathan hit against Green Bay in 2017?

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

Agree.  The first hit deserved the fine.  The second hit no way.  You could argue that the third (he wasn’t penalized) when he dropped the 3rd string on his head may have warranted a fine.

no problem with his play Just cut it out in close ball games in the second half of games 

Is every roughing the passer now fined? I agree, the 3rd (non-call) was the worst.