THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns Vs. Rams Sunday Night Football Game Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

Just now, The Cysko Kid said:

They did. This game wasn't an embarrassment for the players but it the calls were a disaster. This was winnable. 

I don’t blame the playcaller for the failed handoff exchange on the drive we NEEDED points. That drive separates winners from losers. We needed points.

I predicted a 28-20 loss for the Browns, so the 20-13 loss was pretty much right on point, but...

I am so disappointed by how sloppy this team has been and by how Baker has regressed. I have no idea how they stayed within a touchdown of the Rams. Hats off to the defense and coach Wilks.

The offense is offensive. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, bjh2130 said:

I blame the play caller for not running the ball once inside the 5 with three timeouts and 40b seconds left down 7. But don't worry he'll run a fucking draw on 4th and 9. 

Defense played their ass off tonight especially with the injuries.  They deserved better. 

I will agree to this. Chubb out played Gurley let him run. 

Just now, bjh2130 said:

I blame the play caller for not running the ball once inside the 5 with three timeouts and 40b seconds left down 7. But don't worry he'll run a fucking draw on 4th and 9. 

Defense played their ass off tonight especially with the injuries.  They deserved better. 

That 4th and 9 draw play and not giving the ball to Chubb one time at the end really has me consider about Kitchens..... like a damn 12 year old playing Madden...

Just now, bjh2130 said:

I can't wait to hear Freddie answer why he didn't challenge the defensive interference on that drive, and then why the fuck he ran a draw on 4th and 9. I honestly think he had no idea it was 4th down.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hx214 said:

Is the OLine really this bad? If so, how did Dorsey not seriously address it.

He did - with skill players.  Only problem is that if you can't win up front, then it doesn't matter. 

A lesson to all you fucks (not you in particular HX) who thought Ghoolie had real football insight - what you're seeing is what happens when you go with "dime a dozen fatasses" 

Good night.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Worst post I saw all week was "Hubbard in a boot". You cant play scrubs at Tackle against the Rams.

We are still playing the Ravens for the division lead next week, get healthy and get after it.

Z

Yep.  If he’s not back I may call the Redskins if I want to salvage this season

17 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I can't wait to hear Freddie answer why he didn't challenge the defensive interference on that drive, and then why the fuck he ran a draw on 4th and 9. I honestly think he had no idea it was 4th down.

That actually sent me in a free fall, lol. Not like last year obviously (ahem, still sorry btw) but I just sat there laughing hysterically. My laughter got louder after being gifted that interception and our guy running into Schobert who stood there like a freaking deer in the headlights. I haven't seen the all 22, so I don't know if he could've returned it all the way, but our player literally ran into his own teammate who didn't even try to block or even get out of the way. I've never seen anything like it. 

BTW, look at Baker's numbers in the red zone. It's so bad it doesn't make sense. He normally hikes it, panics, then runs right and throws it out of bounds. How many times did Baker do that tonight, not just in the red zone? Hike the ball, panic, run right, chuck it. Yeah our protection wasn't stellar, but something is just wrong. We literally can't score, whether it is against the Jets, Titans, or Rams. We simply cannot score TDs. In fact, we're not even that CLOSE to scoring. We get near the end zone, but our plays aren't close to working. And don't give me any crap about beating the Jets by 20. We had one big play due to awful defense. That's it. 

Here's what I don't get, and it's basically bothered me for years. These guys in the NFL get paid millions of dollars, right? So you're telling me that a guy making that much money REALLY thinks a draw on 4th and 9 is a good idea, AND a guy making that much money doesn't know that he can challenge the pass interference penalty that would've given us an extra down? Somebody please explain this to me because I'm not sure I understand. What's even more frustrating is that I'm not talking about the finer points of the game. Not the technical details that normal fans wouldn't understand. I'm talking about the basic as freak parts that a chimp with a handful of poop would understand. 

And guess what? We go to Baltimore next week. Won't that be fun. They hung with the Chiefs today, AT Kansas City. Do you think WE can hang with them? Nope. Our defense is pretty solid, but Kansas City can really score. Unfortunately, so can Baltimore. And I've already put down money on that game because I think we're in a world of trouble. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Yeah that's what I was saying in the tavern. I truly believe he thought the rams accepted the illegal formation penalty which if they had it would have been 3rd and 14. a draw is a lot more acceptable playcall on that down and distance.

• Upvote 1

If you guys are in the mood for a little more frustration, watch the 3rd down on our last series. The one where Baker threw a jump ball that had no chance. Watch Jarvis Landry zip across the middle, open...with nobody in front of him, and the defender trailing. He was so pissed that he slammed his hands on the ground. Baker never even tried to see him. He predetermined where he was throwing it. It was an easy throw to a reliable target. But he never even saw him. Go to the 11:40 mark I think. That should be around 3rd down if you really want to get ticked off again. 

https://youtu.be/cFmSHjhLMFw

• Upvote 1

Play calling of Kitchens VS Rams Play calling, 49ers and Chiefs.  No comparison.  Freddie Kitchens was a poor choice.  Denuding the offensive line for a pass rusher that no one wanted was a bad choice.  Here we go again.  Mayfield had the Deer in Headlights look of the last 20 Browns QBs.  He could not find anyone open on a scramble?  WTF?  Is he drinking too much?  

The defense was great under the circumstance.  But in the pinch LA could hit on a cross route blindfolded.

Freddie era is coming to an end.  Joe Thomas era next?

2 minutes ago, Duckpins said:

Play calling of Kitchens VS Rams Play calling, 49ers and Chiefs.  No comparison.  Freddie Kitchens was a poor choice.  Denuding the offensive line for a pass rusher that no one wanted was a bad choice.  Here we go again.  Mayfield had the Deer in Headlights look of the last 20 Browns QBs.  He could not find anyone open on a scramble?  WTF?  Is he drinking too much?  

The defense was great under the circumstance.  But in the pinch LA could hit on a cross route blindfolded.

Freddie era is coming to an end.  Joe Thomas era next?

A little overreaction. He’s a rookie head coach that lost to the rams by one score