THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns Vs. Rams Sunday Night Football Game Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

Hi, Browns fans!😀 . Our Cleveland Browns  are in the prime-time national spotlight, as they host the 2018 NFC Champions Los Angeles Rams for NBC's Sunday Night Football.  Rams are making their first regular season visit to Cleveland as the Los Angeles Rams in 30 years, since 1990.

Cleveland and the L.A. Rams are only playing their 24th all-time meeting since the Browns entered the NFL back in 1950,   Both teams played in the NFL Championship Game in three of their first five games. Browns won the 1950 NFL Championship in the first-ever meeting over the Rams 30-28 in 1950,  Rams won the NFL Championship 24-21 in the 1951 game,  but the Browns brought back the title in the 1955 Championship Game.

Los Angeles actually got their start in pro football in Cleveland, and played as the Cleveland  Rams fn the American Football League in rom  1936, and the NFL to 1945.  Owner Homer Marshman and Player/coach Damon Wetzel named the team the 'Rams' after the Fordham University Rams.  Rams franchise moved to Los Angeles in 1946.

Arthur McBride was the original owner when the Browns were an original member of of the All-American Football Conference, and played in the AAFC from 1945 through 1949 before the AAFC folded.

Cleveland Browns later joined the NFL, along with the San Francisco 49ers and Baltimore Colts in 1950,

A win by the Browns tonight would even the record of both teams to 12-12-0.

Browns have not defeated the L.A Rams in Cleveland during the regular season, since defeating the L.A. Rams  by the score of 30-17,  at Municipal Stadium back on October 26, 1987.

Cleveland's last regular season win overall, and only win by the St. Louis Rams,  vs. the Rams was their 27-20 road victory at the Trans World Dome in St.Louis back on October 28, 2007.  Browns record with the St.Louis Rams is 1-5.

Partly cloudy skies at  82 degrees, is the local gamecast inside FirstEnergy Stadium, for the 8:20 Eastern Standard Time kickoff, along with 0% precipitation, 39% humidity,  and south/southwest winds at 10 miles per hour.

Head Linesman Shawn Brown leads his NFL officiating crew to supervise the live field game action between the Browns and L.A. Rams.

NO injuries, win your second game in front of your loyal Browns fans for the first time in 2019, and  HERE WE GO , BROWN-NIES, HERE WE GO! WOOF! WOOF! WOOF! WOOF! LET'S GO BROWNS!!!! BELIEVELAND!!!

2019 Browns Vs. Los Angeles Rams, Broadcast Info, Team Injury Reports, And Live NFL Game Center:

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/browns-vs-rams-how-to-watch-listen-stream-announcers-and-more

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/team/injury-report

https://www.therams.com/team/injury-report

https://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2019092213/2019/REG3/rams@browns

https://nbcsports.com/nfl/sunday-night-football

6 hours ago, BrownsDawgPound said:

NO injuries, win your second game in front of your loyal Browns fans for the first time in 2019, and LET'S GO BROWNS!!!!

By the way, you not mentioning the injury report and later saying "NO injuries" sounds very professional. 

I'll get ya, computer...

• Like 1

Took my two dogs out this morning and had a talk with them about the game. Rudder thinks it’ll be a close low scoring game with the Browns winning. 17-3. Bearing on the other hand thinks the score will be much higher but he thinks the Browns win too, 39-35.  

Im gonna go with them on the winner but more like 24-17 

Go Dawgs!

• Haha 1

I just don't think I can predict a Browns victory with the inordinate amount of injuries we have...wait a second, yes I can! Hahaha. 

The no-huddle baffles the Rams, Chubb finally gets loose, and Landry, not OBJ, takes over and gashes the Rams for 140 yards and 2 TDs. 

Browns - 31

Rams - 22

4 minutes ago, Zombo said:

giphy.gif

Exactly what I say to racquetball partners in a doubles match where I have returned about 10 or 12 straight shots in a long rally and he finally gets one "set up" which he promptly puts into the floor instead of the front wall.🤣

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

I just don't think I can predict a Browns victory with the inordinate amount of injuries we have...wait a second, yes I can! Hahaha. 

The no-huddle baffles the Rams, Chubb finally gets loose, and Landry, not OBJ, takes over and gashes the Rams for 140 yards and 2 TDs. 

Browns - 31

Rams - 22

I’m hoping to see bunches of Chubb.  He could be our best defense. Gusty winds could make the passing/kicking game chess like interesting 

7 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Exactly what I say to racquetball partners in a doubles match where I have returned about 10 or 12 straight shots in a long rally and he finally gets one "set up" which he promptly puts into the floor instead of the front wall.🤣

I had a racquet ball partner(and competitor) who always smashed his racquet when he screwed up(which was often)......we were always waiting for him to go up to  the front desk and buy another one.....tick tick tick.....

Ive told him to just buy in bulk and bring em all with you......at least we wouldnt be losing time waiting for the next purchase......

This should be a real test.  Some questions will be answered; how will our OLine stack up, can Baker & Freddie consistently move the chains and what do the Browns look like at home, under the lights, on primetime against a legit Super Bowl contender

My heart says 24-21 Browns

My head says 35-17 Rams

I hope we win it but... I think we are losing this one but I wish I'm wrong. Went for Cleveland on the pick'em...

18 hours ago, BrownsDawgPound said:

Head Linesman Shawn Brown leads his NFL officiating crew to supervise the live field game action between the Browns and L.A. Rams.

Might want to brew that pot of coffee now..  Shawn Brown is starting his 2nd year as a head referee..He seems to call a lot of west coast games..Shawn called the opening tie with Pittsburgh. And the last game of Season at Baltimore last season..Combining Shawn's Umpiring start in 2015 & last season, as head of crew..The Browns are 1-4-1..We drew 12 flags with Pitt./10 flags at Balt.. His Rams overall record is 4-2 (2 were St Louis). Shawn's crew tossed 10 flags on Rams last season in a win against Denver who drew 11 flags..5 of 7 remain on his crew from last season..and we will see a newbie from Oh!! Canada!!  

1 minute ago, TypicalBrowns50 said:

Greedy inactive? Fuck

Greedy, Ward, Hubbard, Higgins, Njoku, Kirskey, and Randall. 

This is a shit show of the highest order. 

Just now, The Gipper said:

Seven out of 22 starters? Shit the bed is right.

Who replaces all of them?

Well, we can replace MOST of them, where it gets nasty is if we lose one of the replacements. THEN it's really ugly. I almost can't believe this crap. My only hope is that the Rams completely shit the bed, but that doesn't seem likely. 

Just now, jiggins7919 said:

Well, we can replace MOST of them, where it gets nasty is if we lose one of the replacements. THEN it's really ugly. I almost can't believe this crap. My only hope is that the Rams completely shit the bed, but that doesn't seem likely. 

Sure, you and I could replace them.....the question is do we have a quality replacement?

Njoku.....Pharoah Brown and Demetrius Harris

Williams, Ward, Randall:  Carrie, Mitchell, and Eric Murray

Higgins:  Ratley or Tywan Taylor

Kirksey:  Wilson

Hubbard:  ??  Lamm...or Corbett?

42 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Might want to brew that pot of coffee now..  Shawn Brown is starting his 2nd year as a head referee..He seems to call a lot of west coast games..Shawn called the opening tie with Pittsburgh. And the last game of Season at Baltimore last season..Combining Shawn's Umpiring start in 2015 & last season, as head of crew..The Browns are 1-4-1..We drew 12 flags with Pitt./10 flags at Balt.. His Rams overall record is 4-2 (2 were St Louis). Shawn's crew tossed 10 flags on Rams last season in a win against Denver who drew 11 flags..5 of 7 remain on his crew from last season..and we will see a newbie from Oh!! Canada!!  

This the crew?

1FCC3D51-5793-45B9-88D1-CD0E670BEF11.jpeg

• Upvote 1