THE BROWNS BOARD

Njoku Out

gumby73

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Touting  Aggies that are on this team is  fine.   Touting guys that are still sophomores in college as saviors for this Browns team in some distant future....not so much.  (and I rarely ever get tickets)

He is a senior punter. But we don't need him now barring a complete collapse of the Scottish Hammer.

EDIT: And I brought Garrett to the attention of this board after his freshman year.

44 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

He is a senior punter. But we don't need him now barring a complete collapse of the Scottish Hammer.

EDIT: And I brought Garrett to the attention of this board after his freshman year.

Your fantasy football team would all be A&M Freshmen vs.  the rest of the NFL.

17 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Pining for Fells??? Are you fuckin' kiddin' me???

Here's his 2019 line: 75 snaps 4 targets 1 catch 9 yards... and a 59.4 run-blocking grade.

Now there's the forgotten man... at least by me... and Ag (who should be ashamed of himself)...

No disrespect meant, but would you please post same info for Harris & Brown as they are the 2 kept over Fells. I'm not "pining" for Fells, but how does he fare against Harris & Brown? Penalties? Drops?

Seals-Jones wasn't here when Fells was let go. I see him as the likely replacement for Njoku.

Thanks, Mike

• Upvote 2

I admit, it's a little difficult not to go down the tried and true "the wheels are coming off and it's not October" train of thought, but damn man, lol. Our injury report looks like a copy of War & Peace and we're getting razor thin at multiple positions just when entering the teeth of our schedule. And we're not just playing any team Sunday, we're playing one of the most complete teams in the league, and I'm not really sure how we compete against them with the current state of our offense. Not getting the plays in quickly, missing throws high (scary), and continously avoiding check down receivers while failing to convert virtually every 3rd down. Baker hasn't looked good in shotgun OR under center, and it's going to be a struggle to keep this one close if our offense doesn't get fixed swiftly. 

The Rams struggled against the Panthers week 1, and the Panthers are hot garbage. That game was on the road as well, so possibly there's something to Goff not loving away games. If we can keep the game close into the 4th quarter, you never know what can happen. But if we settle for turnovers and consistently keep punting...well...it'll be goodnight Irene. 

On 9/18/2019 at 9:18 PM, Tour2ma said:

Damn... Hello 5-receiver sets...

Always felt we'd end up missing Devalve... even tho he had stay-healthy issues of his own.

I hear ya but we're used to missing DeValve.   I thought Darren Fells gave us a reliable dual purpose role nobody else at our TE position gives us.   Even though he's 32 - his NFL wear and tear didn't begin until after he turned 28.  I don't see what the intrigue was with Incompletrius Harris.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I've heard rumors that it might rain Sunday night, and it seems like Goff struggles in poor weather games. 

You mean the INDIANS might get rained out on SNB?  :o

After watching the play he broke his wrist on a few times ...... the pass was not too high. A little bit  but still well within his reach. He could have caught it without leaping in the air. His hands are only slightly better than Braylon’s. Bet we end up with a even better T E before the seasons done. That leap is what got him. KJ used to fall for every pass. This guy leaps because it looks cool. 

On 9/20/2019 at 12:43 AM, Tour2ma said:

Pining for Fells??? Are you fuckin' kiddin' me???

Here's his 2019 line: 75 snaps 4 targets 1 catch 9 yards... and a 59.4 run-blocking grade.

A 2 week extract from PFF over the first 2 games of a season isn't exactly a tell all.  And if you break it down, the 1st game Watson didn't hit him the only time he looked for Fells. Watson raised his batting avg to .333 the 2nd week connecting 1 of the 3 times he went to him.  Why do you suppose some of our fans miss the guy if there is zero reason to do so?     Is PFF telling you Cleveland is all set at TE this year?  

And what superstar RB is Fells blocking for in Houston now that Lamar Miller is on IR?  The same guy that was pissed Cleveland was going to reduce his role?  And why was Houston so desperate to add Tunsil?  Could it be they were pretty freakin sorry on the edge?  Actions speaking louder than words pretty much said they were...  Not only were they somewhat in trouble up front; but another reason Watson gets sacked a lot is because he holds onto the ball too long too frequently.  That often reflects a passer not good at getting through his progressions which gets concealed somewhat when he takes off for a big gain. 

As for the targets, Fells wasn't signed to be the #1 TE target anywhere he's been.  We had a 1st round draft pick (Njoku) that was supposed to have more of a KWII volume in the pass fetch dept while Fells was supposed to be more of a Steve Heiden dual purpose.  Now Fells plays for a HC that came from a program that still valued playing a 2nd TE with Gronk in the formation.  The difference is Bill O'Brien doesn't have Tom Brady reading the progressions. Also, NE tended only to use the extra TE in certain areas of the field such as red zone and/or short yardage. Those are often situations Watson likes to keep the ball when his primary target is taken away. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

No need for surgery. Could be back earlier than thought but no timeline yet

I had to cut him on my one FL team last time I checked he was the 18th most cut player and still available. I will have to watch had high hopes for him this year.

On 9/22/2019 at 4:11 AM, flyingfooldoug said:

After watching the play he broke his wrist on a few times ...... the pass was not too high. A little bit  but still well within his reach. He could have caught it without leaping in the air. His hands are only slightly better than Braylon’s. Bet we end up with a even better T E before the seasons done. That leap is what got him. KJ used to fall for every pass. This guy leaps because it looks cool. 

What the F? Njoku hater detected..

That throw was horrible.. Mayfield should’ve thrown that ball away.

Baker is leading the league in % thrown passes in double coverage. 

“Leaps because it looks cool”... 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

What the F? Njoku hater detected..

That throw was horrible.. Mayfield should’ve thrown that ball away.

Baker is leading the league in % thrown passes in double coverage. 

“Leaps because it looks cool”... 

You catch with your hands. Not your body. 

I don’t hate the guy at all. Do I think we can do better at TE?...absolutely 

10 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

No need for surgery. Could be back earlier than thought but no timeline yet

Has to wait until after 8th game, correct? 

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

November will be here before you know it.

Christmas will be here before you know it......oh wait I think I just heard "Rudolph the red nose reindeer" playing somewhere.      :o

3 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Christmas will be here before you know it......oh wait I think I just heard "Rudolph the red nose reindeer" playing somewhere.      :o

Yup... walked into the local Sam's Club the week before Labor and the Christmas display was already up... :blink:

I nearly cussed out loud.

On 9/25/2019 at 12:05 PM, flyingfooldoug said:

You catch with your hands. Not your body. 

I don’t hate the guy at all. Do I think we can do better at TE?...absolutely 

The ball was squeezed into tight coverage 5 yards down the field. Against the Jets. On 1st or second down.

Njoku should’ve just let the ball get intercepted to avoid injury so y’all could’ve complained about that.

He’s not the best TE in the league but the potential is there. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

The ball was squeezed into tight coverage 5 yards down the field. Against the Jets. On 1st or second down.

Njoku should’ve just let the ball get intercepted to avoid injury so y’all could’ve complained about that.

He’s not the best TE in the league but the potential is there. 

You obviously know fundamentals better than me. Good luck with that