THE BROWNS BOARD

Roethlisberger out for the year

Westside Steve

27 minutes ago, WarriorsRpussies said:

Couldn't happen to a better person! The douchbag rapist reins on AFC north are now over.

I don't think the Steelers have "reigned"  over the AFC North for at least this past year....when they did not make playoff....and it had not looked good into the future with the losses of Bell and Brown.  Now BR.

1 hour ago, Vagitron said:

I won't be surprised if Ben retires. 

My thought as well...

I can see him not wanting to go out "that way", but if it's a long rehab I'm not sure he will pay that price to get back. His interest in the game seems to have waned over the past couple years.

43 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I don't think the Steelers have "reigned"  over the AFC North for at least this past year....when they did not make playoff....and it had not looked good into the future with the losses of Bell and Brown.  Now BR.

The fall of the "killer "b"itches… two rapists and a stoner all gone now. Time for the good guys to win for a change. The Browns just have to put Jackson in check now. 

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

Not how i want to see someone go out, especially an arch rival.

Still hoping for a couple legendary battles before Ben hangs it up.

Yea, I'm not sure why everyone is celebrating this. This takes away the Browns' chance to finally get some payback on Ben. He's 23-2-1 vs Cleveland. Wouldn't you have like a few years of payback, where the Browns beat him for, say, like 4 games straight or something. Also, I feel celebrating others injuries is bad karma. I would think beating Pitt with BB would be much more satisfying....and sans the bad karma, which has plagued this team ever since they chased Paul out of town, but definitely since the late 80's. "Live clean, white man from town, live clean."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxY8Jqx6oes

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

Sure looked like it  Gip. He got tackled  earlier in the  game, but he landed on his left  elbow. He was definitely having  trouble  before he tried that 30+ yard pass to  Ju-Ju.

Can't wait for  our pal Vag to show up with his slanted commentary.  :)

He was hurt after the week one game, it just got worse against the Seahawks. They drafted Rudolph for a reason. He looked great when he came in so I guess we will find out. I'm ready for a bad season but don't expect it to be a shit show. 

1 hour ago, PoeticG said:

The fall of the "killer "b"itches… two rapists and a stoner all gone now. Time for the good guys to win for a change. The Browns just have to put Jackson in check now. 

Those who live in glass houses...............we do have Kareem Hunt on this team. And let's not forget the owner isn't a choir boy either. 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

He was hurt after the week one game, it just got worse against the Seahawks. They drafted Rudolph for a reason. He looked great when he came in so I guess we will find out. I'm ready for a bad season but don't expect it to be a shit show. 

This could end up being a blessing in disguise for Browns fan. I have a sneaking suspicion Tomlin will squeak out 6-8 wins and then will be lauded as "having his best coaching season ever" (because he lost his Hall of Fame QB, and Bell and AB) and then get a new deal for 3 more years. What should be feared is a total tank job, where they sweep the whole thing clean. As long as Tomlin is there you can assume it will be a team with no accountability or much discipline. Remember one year when the Steelers laid some eggs vs. awful teams, and Tomlin's big move was to take away ping pong privileges in the locker room (but only to the rookies, at least at first?) That was his big "butch up" moment and his version of "cracking the whip." 

4 minutes ago, Icecube said:

This could end up being a blessing in disguise for Browns fan. I have a sneaking suspicion Tomlin will squeak out 6-8 wins and then will be lauded as "having his best coaching season ever" (because he lost his Hall of Fame QB, and Bell and AB) and then get a new deal for 3 more years. What should be feared is a total tank job, where they sweep the whole thing clean. As long as Tomlin is there you can assume it will be a team with no accountability or much discipline. Remember one year when the Steelers laid some eggs vs. awful teams, and Tomlin's big move was to take away ping pong privileges in the locker room (but only to the rookies, at least at first?) That was his big "butch up" moment and his version of "cracking the whip." 

I joined this board back in college because all my good friends from school are diehard Browns fans and I wanted to know what was going on with the team. Now with that said I'm diehard pittsburgh everything and what you typed is a hilarious crock of shit. Mike Tomlin deserves a Nobel peace prize for keeping brown under wraps for so long. There is also a reason so many players sing his praises and it's not because he's a pussy with no accountability.

Either way I'm not going to get into a round and round today. I'm not in the mood. 

yeah, rapistbooger sings his praises because he didn't get canned, and Tomlin kept him starting.

big freakin deal.

Oh, we love tomlin ...he lets us take steriods and hit helmet to helmet...etc etc.

blech

51 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

I joined this board back in college because all my good friends from school are diehard Browns fans and I wanted to know what was going on with the team. Now with that said I'm diehard pittsburgh everything and what you typed is a hilarious crock of shit. Mike Tomlin deserves a Nobel peace prize for keeping brown under wraps for so long. There is also a reason so many players sing his praises and it's not because he's a pussy with no accountability.

Either way I'm not going to get into a round and round today. I'm not in the mood. 

Yea, well sell yourself on whatever fantasy you wish, but don't expect others to buy into them. A legit coach would have tossed AB off the team a long time ago, he is a cancer and is probably why the Steelers missed the post season last year. Tomlin is an enabler. He acts like players buddy instead of like a head coach. Underachieving most seasons. A legit coach would have done better in the playoffs with that much talent. All Tomlin is good for is twirling his headset cord and pounding on his chest. Fraud. Just like Hue. 

your kidding yourself right? ;)  nobodies tanking with that OL that at times gave Ben over 3 seconds to pass on the hawks d-front..they can road-grade too.. Their dress rehearsal game was at TEnn..Take a look at Rudolph's high & low lights there also..Both games were flocked with 5/6/7 yard passes & both had 1 plus 40 yard completion(JuJu/Washington a TD)..but the pick Mason threw at Tenn. was a butt-ugly weekly award winner..from tenn. 89.8 qb rating Mason went to 92.4 with the hawks.. Bluntly moving on... Crushing the Jets is the only thing that matters right now

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Vagitron said:

I don't think Tomlin contributed much to the drama.  Of course, he likely didn't contribute much to quelling it either.

Your drama queens are now mostly gone....or now out.    Of course, the question is:  is there someone there that will fill the role of "asshat in chief" now that B and B and BR are out of the picture.

Candidates could include jujubee.  Maybe someone on defense.

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

I don't think Tomlin contributed much to the drama.  Of course, he likely didn't contribute much to quelling it either.

Your drama queens are now mostly gone....or now out.    Of course, the question is:  is there someone there that will fill the role of "asshat in chief" now that B and B and BR are out of the picture.

Candidates could include jujubee.  Maybe someone on defense.

You don't know anything about juju if you think he's a drama queen. We are void of drama Queens currently.

31 minutes ago, Kvoethe said:

I didnt think rudolph looked that bad..brought up well in the system

He didn't look bad at all, he looked shockingly good. I'm not putting the cart before the horse and I'm sick over Ben as I think it could end his career but I'm excited to see what he brings to the table. 

He also has full use of the entire playbook according to Tomlin.

3 hours ago, Vagitron said:

You don't know anything about juju if you think he's a drama queen. We are void of drama Queens currently.

I just said that he was the primary candidate simply because he’s now the number one receiver and those guys have a tendency to be divas that’s all. he may not be. Who knows we’ll see. 

16 hours ago, Vagitron said:

70400549_2746912122009612_2904181487404318720_n.jpg

13 hours ago, Vagitron said:

He didn't look bad at all, he looked shockingly good. I'm not putting the cart before the horse and I'm sick over Ben as I think it could end his career but I'm excited to see what he brings to the table. 

He also has full use of the entire playbook according to Tomlin.

Unfortunately he uses it as a doorstop...

Seriously... he did look good... but he ain't Ben... physically and mentally. And given the talent drain you've seen over the past two-years... can you afford a tradedown at QB?

Yes.... the D has been bolstered with Bush in the middle and now Minkah behind him, but now you've mortgaged your future in a dubious effort to "save" 2019.

I'm not getting it, Vag...

• Upvote 1

More great news 

Source: The #Steelers are hosting former first-round QB Paxton Lynch for a visit today. As they look to add to their QB room...

Now someone just has to take out Mason Rudolph ....

3 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Unfortunately he uses it as a doorstop...

Seriously... he did look good... but he ain't Ben... physically and mentally. And given the talent drain you've seen over the past two-years... can you afford a tradedown at QB?

Yes.... the D has been bolstered with Bush in the middle and now Minkah behind him, but now you've mortgaged your future in a dubious effort to "save" 2019.

I'm not getting it, Vag...

They're minus their first (Minkah) and third (Bush) next year. Or do they think they can keep pulling Antonio Brown talent out of a rabbit hat in the sixth round? 

A little OT in this thread Tour- but Dolphins fans should start picketing the stadium for that latest move, can't blame Minkah for wanting out though. They can start asking our guys on how to plan that 0-16 parade. Yeah- I'm going on record now- if I'm still alive in the Survivor pool, I'm taking the Browns when they play the 'Fins.  

• Like 1