THE BROWNS BOARD

Roethlisberger out for the year

Westside Steve

And Drew Brees facing surgery.....out at least 6 weeks or more.

https://www.nola.com/sports/saints/article_890d70f8-d819-11e9-88e7-f75c97b6cc47.html

The "Old' guys are biting the dust.     BR, Brees.   After another couple of weeks at best Eli likely to be benched if he does not get hurt first. 

So...should we expect Rivers and Brady to suffer similarly? 

(see my recent thread about this year possibly being a changing of the guard year)

And don't forget that Nick Foles is out at least 2 months:

https://www.jaguars.com/news/nick-foles-placed-on-injured-reserve

Has anyone else lost there starting QB?

Edit....Oh, yea....the Jets!

How long is Darnold supposed to be out?

3 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Here's to hoping I was dead wrong about Mason Rudolph.  (before the draft)

I well  remember  you pimping Rudolph  before the  draft. Unfortunately (for us) he got  to sit for the  entire  year like  Mahomes  did in  KC. And to make it  even more depressing, the kid looked  good, real good  when Ben went out. I watched the  entire  game,  and the interception was on a butterfingers  receiver. 

3 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

And Drew Brees facing surgery.....out at least 6 weeks or more.

https://www.nola.com/sports/saints/article_890d70f8-d819-11e9-88e7-f75c97b6cc47.html

The "Old' guys are biting the dust.     BR, Brees.   After another couple of weeks at best Eli likely to be benched if he does not get hurt first. 

So...should we expect Rivers and Brady to suffer similarly? 

(see my recent thread about this year possibly being a changing of the guard year)

And don't forget that Nick Foles is out at least 2 months:

https://www.jaguars.com/news/nick-foles-placed-on-injured-reserve

Has anyone else lost there starting QB?

Brady?  Nah, the refs won't  let defenders  so much as touch St. Thomas.

1 minute ago, hoorta said:

I well  remember  you pimping Rudolph  before the  draft. Unfortunately (for us) he got  to sit for the  entire  year like  Mahomes  did in  KC. And to make it  even more depressing, the kid looked  good, real good  when Ben went out. I watched the  entire  game,  and the interception was on a butterfingers  receiver. 

Let's put it this way.....there is no guarantee that he won't be worse than the likes of Darnold, Allen, Rosen,  or Jackson.   I hope he is...but who can tell at this point. 

3 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Brady?  Nah, the refs won't  let defenders  so much as touch St. Thomas.

Correct me if I am wrong....but other than Brees, were not the injuries to BR,  (elbow), Darnold (mono)....non contact?  And how about Foles. 

But, yea, essentially Brady would have to injure himself...the refs/the league won't let you breathe on him.

And like I said, BR was non contact, no?

1 minute ago, The Gipper said:

Correct me if I am wrong....but other than Brees, were not the injuries to BR,  (elbow), Darnold (mono)....non contact?  And how about Foles. 

But, yea, essentially Brady would have to injure himself...the refs/the league won't let you breathe on him.

And like I said, BR was non contact, no?

Sure looked like it  Gip. He got tackled  earlier in the  game, but he landed on his left  elbow. He was definitely having  trouble  before he tried that 30+ yard pass to  Ju-Ju.

Can't wait for  our pal Vag to show up with his slanted commentary.  :)

And what is happening with  James Conner?   Haven't heard results yet:

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/steelers-james-conner-getting-tests-on-knee/

So....maybe the Steelers, along with the Dolphins can go into "tank" mode.   Not sure if this will change their thinking on Rudolph...or if they want to tank for Tua  (why for him? no idea.....I do not believe he will be the best QB coming out).   In a year from now....for Trevor Lawrence....sure.  But not Tua.

11 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Sure looked like it  Gip. He got tackled  earlier in the  game, but he landed on his left  elbow. He was definitely having  trouble  before he tried that 30+ yard pass to  Ju-Ju.

Can't wait for  our pal Vag to show up with his slanted commentary.  :)

Vag will be on Rudolph like he is his red nose. (but he will actually be his brown nose)

27 minutes ago, medicineman said:

This wont stop their faggot ass fans from gloating about how good they used to be. Steeler nation is the worse fans in sports. I hate them. 

Michigan and Notre Dame fans say Hi.

nothing worse than teams that haven’t won a dang thing in recent memory gloat constantly and get every media outlet pushing them to greatness in September.

i hope that doesn’t become Us.

56 minutes ago, nickers said:

Good riddence!...

Nickers learn how to fucking spell. You won't catch me saying "good riddance" if Mayfield loses an arm. Now you brought all that negative karma on the shit stains. 

I won't be surprised if Ben retires. 

Just now, Vagitron said:

Nickers learn how to fucking spell. You won't catch me saying "good riddance" if Mayfield loses an arm. Now you brought all that negative karma on the shit stains. 

🖕

24 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

I for one am not celebrating this for two reasons 1) I wanted to see us kick your asses with all your starters playing and 2) karmas a bitch. 

• Upvote 1

Lets put it this way.....this/these developments obviously SHOULD benefit the Browns.    We now have to face an unproven, unplayed but for a few snaps, 2d year QB....vs. a proven HOF caliber QB.    (plus the status of their  starting RB is up in the air).   

But the Browns obviously have to perform.

And people are gloating somewhat over the Ratfuckers......but remember,...they probably started out the season playing the two worst teams....by far....in the league.  And they only pulled out a squeaker vs. AZ.  They still lost the heart and soul of their defense  (Suggs and Mosley).....so we shall see how good they are when they face stiffer opposition.  They do still have...to my mind, the best and most proven HC in the division  (yes, over Tomlin), which helps them.

Also...figure this out now:

It will be  Oklahoma vs. OK St.   when the Browns play the Spermsuckers this year.

And here were the stats from the game their last year against each other....a 62-52  OK  win:

Passing

Passing
Player School Cmp Att Pct Yds Y/A AY/A TD Int Rate
Baker Mayfield Oklahoma 24 36 66.7 598 16.6 16.9 5 2 240.9
  Passing
Player School Cmp Att Pct Yds Y/A AY/A TD Int Rate
Mason Rudolph Oklahoma State 28 54 51.9 448 8.3 8.5 5 2 144.7

Needless to say.....these guys are in the NFL now...and will NOT be playing Big 12 defenses.

31 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

Rudolph looked good when he came in, two tds and his int was 120% on moncrief (who needs cut)

That is what hoorta said.   And as I noted earlier, before the draft last year, I had Rudolph as the possible  equal to Rosen/Allen/Darnold.  So, we shall see. 

Is this a guy yinzers expect to be a long term solution?    Or are you anticipating going into tank mode for someone else?

45 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

Exactly- I don't wish injury or a wear and tear breakdown on anyone.  I'm suspecting that's the case with Ben- NFLN mentioned Rudolph saying Ben was having issues with the elbow after the Patriots game.  

I will be POed though Vag if the Steelers managed to pull yet another rabbit out of the their hat with Rudolph. I already said he looked really good after Ben went out. As to Ben retiring- if it's a Tommy John issue with the elbow- well could be the end of the line. 

• Upvote 1