THE BROWNS BOARD

***Jets VS Browns Gameday Thread***

Nero

Hello, Browns fans!

The Browns, after a home opener loss vs the Titans, face in Monday Night Football the New York Jets, who also lost their opener after letting the Buffalo Bills overcome a 16 point deficit. 

It's the first time the Browns are playing in prime time, and expect many more this season, because... Fuck all those european suckers! Ha!

Safety Randall out for the Browns, the Jets get the worst of the Football Gods this time: they miss RB Le'Veon Bell, LB CJ Mosley and QB Sam Darnold. The starting quaterback for the New Jersey team with a New York name will be Trevor Siemian, who started some games for Denver in 2017 and 2018. 

At this point, in other Gameday threads you would see a "Here we go brownies! Woof! Woof!" But as much as I like the chant I'll only say...

Just win. I don't care if it is by one point on the last minute in an ugly FG.

Just win.

Go Browns!

EDIT: Bell plays, Quinnen Williams is out.

• Haha 1

That's the spirit brother Nero a win is all that counts.......but blowing out the Jets sounds like more fun!  

CLE 30 something NY Jets maybe 1 touchdown?

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Offense should expect a large dose of man coverage and aggression.  Baker needs to have the ball out with great placement, skill players need to win their routes, Freddie needs to intelligently mix in the misdirections and screens which burned Williams at times in the past.

Pass pro.... Buckle them up a little tighter this game.

32 minutes ago, hx214 said:

I saw some of the end of that Bears/Broncos game.  That crew can stay away from any Browns game this season and it wouldn't hurt my feelings.

Do you think the TE got down with a second left? I didn't...

Either way to have not gone to the replay on that (as the Ref did on the critical, 4th-down play near the end of the Eagles-Falcons game) was unfathomable.

3 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

At least there’s been a minimum of chatter from Berea the past week. At least they’re learning that talking a good game doesn’t mean squat.

Calling out Greg Williams is not exactly what I would call "a minimum of chatter" or "learning that talking a good game doesn't mean squat". They just need to totally STFU and play the f'n game right! No BS or Browns colored watches, shoes and cars etc. Just win and let that do the talking! Be Joe Friday, "Just the facts mam."

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, hx214 said:

Think we will get a decent officiating crew tonight?

Tonight we get the Alex Kemp referee crew. Kemp's Crew has 5 of 7 that stayed on same crew..Kemp started in 2014 as a Field Judge & the browns beat the Bengals. In 2015, Kemp went to Side Judge & Bengals beat Browns. And and the Browns beat Ravens in OT 33-30.Kemp called no Jets Games in 14/15. In 2016 Kemp, as side judge, Bengals beat Browns & Jets beat the Bills. 2017 Kemp,as side judge again, saw Colts beating Browns, seeing No Jets games..In 2018, Alex Kemp gets promoted to Head Referee, never calling & Browns game though..But maybe Green is his color? Kemp called Jets over Bills & Colts in 1st season as Heading a crew.. So the Central Michigan grad count of Alex Kemp as of now sits at Browns= 2-3..Jets=3-0....stay tuned ..Kemp called the 9'ers at TB week 1..TB=11 flags, 49'ers=8 :P 

42 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Either way to have not gone to the replay on that (as the Ref did on the critical, 4th-down play near the end of the Eagles-Falcons game) was unfathomable.

From what I saw..... no he didn't get down in time.

That hit that Chubb got called for roughing on was a joke too..... 

But I guess where was a roughing call against the Bears earlier that was just as bad.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Calling out Greg Williams is not exactly what I would call "a minimum of chatter" or "learning that talking a good game doesn't mean squat". They just need to totally STFU and play the f'n game right! No BS or Browns colored watches, shoes and cars etc. Just win and let that do the talking! Be Joe Friday, "Just the facts mam."

Yup... anything in a Browns' head other than the game plan and his role in it is a waste of gray matter.

Williams, like any other "bad boy", lives to get in opponents heads... and some of our players are helping him.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Nero is my hero, but BrownsDawgPound is probably sad with his little tail between his legs.

If we win, you better set you alarm for Midnight US time every week, Nero.

Zombo

You say it as if I don't wake up at midnight US every week... (1am ET, sometimes midnight ET) ;)

Former Jets RB Elijah McGuire is reported to move up to 53 from PS, as Hillard will be out with concussion tonight..Pending move to do so is coming & not reported at this posting 

3 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

That thar reffing has gotten  atrocious  of late. Cal & me both  saw it- they missed Russell Wilson taking a direct helmet  to  helmet  head shot  in the Steelers game.  Should have been 15 yards  at least, and probably  tossed out of the  game. I'm  amazed he didn't  get a concussion  out of it. 

• Upvote 1

1.Better play calls.  Let OBJ and Landry work underneath rather than 7 step drops and long drawn out route trees. 

2. No personal fouls as opposed to 6 last week. Limit pre-snap penalties.

3. Chubb early 15 touches by half.

4.  Get up by two scores in the 4th so the zebras can’t impact the outcome.  I’ve watched a lot of crazy stuff these first two weeks the only solution make it impossible for a horrendous call to impact the game- if you can. 

I think we got this- 34-10.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, hx214 said:

From what I saw..... no he didn't get down in time.

That hit that Chubb got called for roughing on was a joke too..... 

But I guess where was a roughing call against the Bears earlier that was just as bad.

The call was awful.

but Technique has to change.  Pass rushers need to turn their body on impact with the QB, which you will see some QBs essentially break arm tackles.  

5 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

It’s been next to nothing compared to opening week. Other than OBJ, it’s been quiet

32 minutes ago, flyingfooldoug said:

It’s been next to nothing compared to opening week. Other than OBJ, it’s been quiet

That’s because right now most of us are still in shock wondering if we have a turd team with a shiny coating or a solid gold team with just a little shit on the outside to clean up.

I'm so excited for tonight!!!! Let's goooo Browns, let's win this and move into 2nd place and challenge for that #1 spot.

5 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Former Jets RB Elijah McGuire is reported to move up to 53 from PS, as Hillard will be out with concussion tonight..Pending move to do so is coming & not reported at this posting 

24 minutes ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

Orlando Apollos former QB and RB are now the backups.. Elijah McGuire and Garret Gilbert

Now I see it..Drew Stanton will be coaching up Baker from the IR sidelines...just the way we drew it up;)

• Thanks 1