THE BROWNS BOARD

WEEK 3 - BROWNS 2.5 point early underdogs vs the LA Rams on SNF O/U 51 in CLEVELAND, OH!  

mjp28

WEEK 3 - BROWNS 2.5 point early underdogs vs the LA Rams on SNF O/U 51 in CLEVELAND, OH!   (getting a jump start look ahead in primetime)

From our friends at http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/las-vegas/?s=903

Screenshot_2019-09-16_010011.jpg

And remember if you're in the area or maybe going to the INDIANS game that Sunday night......

The Sept. 22 change moves the game into conflict with Week 3 of the NFL season as the Cleveland Browns host the defending NFC champion Los Angeles Rams in their first Sunday night game since 2008. The Browns lost that game 10-6 to Pittsburgh. Kickoff between the Browns and Rams is scheduled for 8:20 p.m., less than two hours after the new first pitch time at Progressive Field.

Sunday, Sept. 22 vs. Philadelphia at 6:37 p.m. on ESPN

· First pitch moved from 1:10 p.m. to 6:37 p.m.

· SportsTime Ohio will not broadcast the game.

Rams DL is way too good for our OL. We will be lucky to score 10 points on them if Donald plays (he did return to the game after leaving for a back injury). Our defense will have to score a couple themselves to beat that betting line. If I were in Vegas I would bet half my weekend betting money on that one game alone. Giving away 3 points would be easy, especially with one less day of prep for us.

• Like 1

Only 2.5??? Vegas must think we are really going to get our shit together tonite...

Agree with Ag.... Donald will eat our RG alive. We'll have to move the pocket early and often.

1 hour ago, The Cysko Kid said:

They're going to be a bigger dog than that by game time. 

Maybe even tomorrow after this somewhat lackluster performance versus a real so-so team with a third string quarterback.

I thought the game would open at CLE +3.5 before MNF, I can see +4 or better......but it is in primetime at home should be interesting.

GO BROWNS, don't play dumb.

All four AFCN teams are early underdogs in week 3, really they are. Are they now a weak division?  http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/las-vegas/?s=1036

And SF -7 over pit? The fourth largest dog, but not like DAL -21 over MIA or NE -18 over the Nyets.  :o

Another look at the coming week 3 and SNF game, whoa.

NATIONAL CONFERENCE - WEST
Team Win Loss Ties Percent PF PA Home Away Division
Los Angeles Rams 2 0 0 1.000 57 36 1-0-0 1-0-0 0-0-0
San Francisco 49ers 2 0 0 1.000 72 34 0-0-0 2-0-0 0-0-0
Seattle Seahawks 2 0 0 1.000 49 46 1-0-0 1-0-0 0-0-0
Arizona Cardinals 0 1 1 0.250 44 50 0-0-1 0-1-0 0-0-0

AMERICAN CONFERENCE - NORTH
Team Win Loss Ties Percent PF PA Home Away Division
Baltimore Ravens 2 0 0 1.000 82 27 1-0-0 1-0-0 0-0-0
Cleveland Browns 1 1 0 0.500 36 46 0-1-0 1-0-0 0-0-0
Cincinnati Bengals 0 2 0 0.000 37 62 0-1-0 0-1-0 0-0-0
Pittsburgh Steelers 0 2 0 0.000 29 61 0-1-0 0-1-0 0-0-0

6 hours ago, mjp28 said:

All four AFCN teams are early underdogs in week 3, really they are. Are they now a weak division?  http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/las-vegas/?s=1036

And SF -7 over pit? The fourth largest dog, but not like DAL -21 over MIA or NE -18 over the Nyets.  :o

I am definitely playing my NE defense against the Jets this week in FFL. Only 3 points scored on them in the first two games and likely the Jets will provide them at least one Def TD. Miami gave up 2 this week. Could NE have gotten an easier schedule?

Classic trap game.  Once the line bounces to -3.5 jump on it.  Good Home dog against a team traveling across three time zones for a prime time game.  

Over looks good too although I thought it wouldn’t be up to 51.  I see a lot of defensive penalties and showcase of offense on prime time.  I think both offenses  match up favorably against the respective Defenses. 

13 hours ago, The Cysko Kid said:

Yup...

Picking them in Pick'em is one thing... and I might not even do that... but when the wallet is involved, then it's a whole 'nother thang.

44 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Yup...

Picking them in Pick'em is one thing... and I might not even do that... but when the wallet is involved, then it's a whole 'nother thang.

Yep, I was yellin' at the TV last night, "Somebody tackle OBJ around the 20 dammit." I needed one last FG to win the damn FFL this week. The guy who played OBJ pulled ahead of me and the guy barely ahead of me on that one damn play. We didn't need to win by 20. 16 was just fine by me!.🤑

5 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Yep, I was yellin' at the TV last night, "Somebody tackle OBJ around the 20 dammit." I needed one last FG to win the damn FFL this week. The guy who played OBJ pulled ahead of me and the guy barely ahead of me on that one damn play. We didn't need to win by 20. 16 was just fine by me!.🤑

lol... and there I was yelling "Go! GO!" when Bell almost broke that swing pass for a TD...

Oh.... the things FF make us do against our nature...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, The Cysko Kid said:

Well Tuesday pm and the line looks like a solid CLE +3 so far, will it climb up?  From Vegas insider.com .

Meanwhile NE is touching -23.  :huh:

Screenshot_2019-09-17_201928.jpg

26 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Well Tuesday pm and the line looks like a solid CLE +3 so far, will it climb up?  From Vegas insider.com .

& the Cowboys are only -21 against the 'Fins? Yahoo fantasy- that's the preferred play 70%, Probably  only because the less skilled Survivor players already took the Patriots last week against Miami & can't use them again. :D  

This is the kind of game where we can get our feelings hurt if we don't come out and score a couple TD's instead of FG's.  Jared Goff hasn't been playing lights out, but we know what he's capable of and he's also protecting the football.  We know that our QB has 4 picks so far, and that's not something we're used to seeing.  What complicates this matter is our defense isn't exactly lighting up the turnover battle, and I think the only one we have is the late fumble Schobert forced against the Jets.  We absolutely MUST figure out a way to get more turnovers if we're going to win this game, or beat any of the good teams coming up on our daunting schedule.

As I went back and watched the game again, it's clear that we have issues, but they're definitely FIXABLE issues.  The biggest issue on offense against the Jets was not getting the play called in time.  Baker constantly trying to snap the ball with no time on the clock, and that's not fair to him, to the offensive line, or to any of the other players.  When you don't have time on the play clock, the defenders don't have to wait for the snap, as they know you have to hike it when it says zero or else it's a penalty.  This is a huge deal and completely unfair to the OL.  Additionally, it doesn't give Baker any time to decipher the defense, make audibles, or check to a hot route.  He doesn't get into a rhythm, the passing game clogs, and you get a choppy performance.  This has been discussed several times, but it's strange to see because it wasn't an issue LAST year, so why is it surfacing now?  

Also, will Baker finally be able to take what's given to him?  He talked about it after the Titans game, but we didn't see much improvement Monday night.  The one glaring example was on the interception, as Baker predetermined he was throwing it to OBJ, and instead of checking down to Chubb for an EASY 10 yards (maybe more, really), he forced it to OBJ and it was a pick.  These are exactly the type of scenarios we want to avoid, and Baker continues to SAY he's going to change, but he's not making the adjustments on the field.  

Baker is still showing plenty of ability, and as I watched again, I definitely noticed how nice some of the throws were.  That bullet to Landry before half time was absolutely incredible, and he had a couple to others including Ratley that were gorgeous.  Baker missed several uncharacteristic throws, including a very easy semi-deep one to OBJ on 3rd, and also an inexcusable wheel route to D'Ernest.  Baker opened up his base and didn't plant and throw which resulted in a lack of power.  D'Ernest was WIDE OPEN, and frankly, could've scored a TD because he had one guy in front of him, but there's a WR there to help block.  

Lots of fun stuff to talk about, and plenty of reason to be optimistic for a fun game.  Yes, we have things to work on, but so do the Rams.  They faced a pretty similar situation last week in that they played a backup QB and made short work of him, but didn't especially shine too bright on offense.  I think this is a game where our DB's are going to earn their money, and a game where Baker has a chance to explode for some big numbers.  Do not be surprised if we come out in the no-huddle right off the bat to combat the sleepiness of our offensive pace.  

Can't wait!

True... Baker is showing flashes of 2018 approaching 50/50... but last year the ratio was 90/10 or more...

18 hours ago, mjp28 said:

... and 23 is still not enough...

17 hours ago, hoorta said:

& the Cowboys are only -21 against the 'Fins? Yahoo fantasy- that's the preferred play 70%, Probably  only because the less skilled Survivor players already took the Patriots last week against Miami & can't use them again. :D  

Heard on NFL Live yesterday (IIRC) that two lines of 20+ has never happened before.

5 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

True... Baker is showing flashes of 2018 approaching 50/50... but last year the ratio was 90/10 or more...

... and 23 is still not enough...

Heard on NFL Live yesterday (IIRC) that two lines of 20+ has never happened before.

High school?

53 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

NFL...

46 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

The NE 43 MIA 0 kind of reminded me of a high school game.

Nah- sort of like the slaughter I'm going to attend on Saturday, with my good pal and his two kids...  One an Ohio State grad, one a Miami Ohio grad. Should I take Miami with OSU -39?   :D 

BTW,. I don't have a dog in this fight- my wife went to Miami, but I'll be dressed in scarlet & grey.   

Thursday am. The BROWNS are still a pretty solid +3 across the board evidently there are no money swings on either side of the line.

Also can be taken as nobody really knows on this one.

GO BROWNS! Just score baby!

4 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Do you actually bet on games?

I did for decades with my bookie but occasionally do now.  I do however like FLs, pick ems, survival and just SPORTS in general......a hobby now I guess.