THE BROWNS BOARD

WEEK 2 - One man's opinion on the BROWNS naturally, easy pick?

mjp28

It's only Week 2, but both of these teams desperately need to show better than they did opening week. The Browns were blown out by 30 points at home to the Titans while the Jets blew a 16-point second-half lead in losing at home to the Bills. Cleveland ended a 19-game winless streak when it defeated the Jets at home during the Thursday night Week 3 matchup last season. Baker Mayfield rallied the Browns from a14-point deficit in that game replacing then starter Tyrod Taylor.

The Jets’ defense takes a huge hit if linebacker C.J. Mosley and rookie defensive lineman Quinnen Williams can’t suit up due to injuries sustained in Week 1.

SO what to do? One referee owes me big money from the game last week.....no seriously he does I sold him my old 1972 Pontiac and he hasn't paid me yet!

Oh on the game no brainier, easy pick take the BROWNS -2.5 and the OVER 45.5 again, "do over" time for the BROWNS on MNF!

7 hours ago, mjp28 said:

It's only Week 2, but both of these teams desperately need to show better than they did opening week. The Browns were blown out by 30 points at home to the Titans while the Jets blew a 16-point second-half lead in losing at home to the Bills. Cleveland ended a 19-game winless streak when it defeated the Jets at home during the Thursday night Week 3 matchup last season. Baker Mayfield rallied the Browns from a14-point deficit in that game replacing then starter Tyrod Taylor.

The Jets’ defense takes a huge hit if linebacker C.J. Mosley and rookie defensive lineman Quinnen Williams can’t suit up due to injuries sustained in Week 1.

SO what to do? One referee owes me big money from the game last week.....no seriously he does I sold him my old 1972 Pontiac and he hasn't paid me yet!

Oh on the game no brainier, easy pick take the BROWNS -2.5 and the OVER 45.5 again, "do over" time for the BROWNS on MNF!

If the Browns lose this we can then go into full "sky is falling" super duper panic mode. It's make or break time for the Browns. Lose and 0-4 looks terribly possible.

Browns next have Rams at home, Ravens away and then 49ers away.😱

7 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

If the Browns lose this we can then go into full "sky is falling" super duper panic mode. It's make or break time for the Browns. Lose and 0-4 looks terribly possible.

Browns next have Rams at home, Ravens away and then 49ers away.😱

They had better not lose playing an already beat up Jets team minus their starting QB....   

14 minutes ago, hoorta said:

They had better not lose playing an already beat up Jets team minus their starting QB....   

Might be without him for awhile, too bad for the team.

And not even a football injury.

12 minutes ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

It’s honestly unfortunate that now Jets fans have an excuse for the smackdown that is about to take place on prime time 

You mean like the smackdown we just put on the T....................................uh.......................nevermind.😱

From 2015.....    https://www.sportscasting.com/nfl-how-week-1-can-determine-the-super-bowl-winner

Most people think that an 0-1 start to the season isn’t the end of the world for their respective team. How many teams go undefeated anyway? As long as it doesn’t turn into a long losing streak, you’re team will probably be fine by starting the season with on a sour note and a loss.

Or maybe they won’t be.

It’s time for a history lesson to show you that if your team wants to win the Super Bowl, losing in week 1 could completely derail those aspirations. Now, listen up, take some notes, and realize the alarming credibility of these numbers and facts. Let’s begin.

Chris Graythen/Getty Images

Since 1990 when the playoff field expanded, a mere 25 percent of clubs have made the postseason after losing their first game of the season. This is compared to more than half of week 1 winners qualifying for the postseason since 1990. This shows how hard it is to recover from an early season loss.

Obviously, this doesn’t mean that all hope is lost with a week one loss. Just last season, five clubs ended up making the playoffs after losing in week 1, those being the Dallas Cowboys, Indianapolis Colts, New England Patriots, Green Bay Packers, and Baltimore Ravens. Still, when 50 percent of teams are guaranteed to lose in the first week, this statistic is significant....... continued.......

15 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Since 1990 when the playoff field expanded, a mere 25 percent of clubs have made the postseason after losing their first game of the season. This is compared to more than half of week 1 winners qualifying for the postseason since 1990. This shows how hard it is to recover from an early season loss.

I saw that stat early this week on NFL Network. Eye opener for sure. With the tough games following the Jets, it is imperative we not lose that one or we are dead in the water.           🌊☠️🚑

On 9/13/2019 at 5:58 AM, TexasAg1969 said:

He (Tervor S.) has been known to occasionally play all world and win games no one saw coming. Let's just hope this is not one of them.

We'll take that under advisement from our resident Broncos expert.  :)  Looks like he's a very respectable Plan B.  Positive W-L record as a starter, and ditto that TD-INT ratio.  Apparently he took a lot of sacks with the Broncos- does that mean he's not very mobile, or that the Bronco's O-line was terrible Ag?   

9 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I saw that stat early this week on NFL Network. Eye opener for sure. With the tough games following the Jets, it is imperative we not lose that one or we are dead in the water.           🌊☠️🚑

Especially with the Sunday Night game against the Rams next on the schedule....  getting out of September 2-2 isn't the end of the world. but you have to expect the Ravens to be 2-0 after Sunday- the schedule makers gave them two relative cream puffs to start the season....  

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

We'll take that under advisement from our resident Broncos expert.  :)  Looks like he's a very respectable Plan B.  Positive W-L record as a starter, and ditto that TD-INT ratio.  Apparently he took a lot of sacks with the Broncos- does that mean he's not very mobile, or that the Bronco's O-line was terrible Ag?   

Combination I think though I did not see all of his games down here. But he can have great games, so we can't just write this off as a cream puff win.

• Thanks 1