Sign in to follow this  
mjp28

I will be in the hospital again SEPT 15, surgery to follow.

This is the same email I sent out to my friends and family.

Hi everyone,

Just to let you know we saw the surgeon today and went over things I will be going to St Elizabeth hospital on Belmont Avenue this coming Sunday September 15 to get things started. I will have clean up surgery probably Tuesday or Wednesday that week to treat the osteomyelitis (infection) of the left pelvis that is there.

This all started in 2014 with a very small opening on my hip which Nancy had treated with no problem but it opened again and eventually doctors found out it had tunneled deep into my hip and we've been dealing with it ever since. Those type of infections can be stubborn especially if/when they get into the surrounding bones. I had osteomyelitis of the left femur in 2017 and was treated with massive amounts of antibiotics. I also had other issues like a bad kidney infection in 2015 and a small abscess that had to be removed this year and treated with antibiotics with landed me in the hospital and rehab for 3 1/2 months this year.  We do not know what will happen yet with this surgery.

This is NOT a minor surgery and I'm not exactly sure what he will do once the surgery begins but I will probably be in the hospital for the week and maybe more. It will be up to my ID (infectious disease) doctors to determine the course of treatment after that as far as either IV antibiotics in the hospital or oral medications or whatever. It will be up to the surgeon and my new MD on any rehab treatment necessary......we will find out about all of that later.

SO we just get ready for all of this and go check into St E and see where we go from there, at least they have good cable TV to watch my favorite sports teams on! Catch you all later when we know more. Michael and Nancy
  • Sad 1

What a tough time for you and your friends and family - when you get past it all - stay healthy with a vengence. lol

• Upvote 1

Oh God it just hit me my GAMEDAY meal this Sunday and Monday will be hospital food again!

Well the hospital I will be in isn't too bad for meals......for hospital food.

GO BROWNS, just do it baby!

I rarely pray for anything, generally take life the way the hand is dealt. But in your case I will make an exception. God knows you've been through enough already. I pray He will have mercy and make this right for you as quickly as possible with a minimal amount of pain and suffering. Get well soon and get home.             Bill

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Should be leaving soon for the hospital.

GO BROWNS!

What a day, had a hard time sleeping Sunday night with a Monday or Tuesday expected surgery date but my doctors knew it was important. It will be the biggest surgery I've ever had.

Moved my left hip surgery to clean up the infected areas up to this Monday at 10 am spent 1 hour 15 minutes under the knife and drill I guess all went well.  

Will have a "big ass" scar on my hip to my butt maybe I'll take pictures.  On second thought..... :lol:

Now time to get back in the groove and see where I go next.