THE BROWNS BOARD

Panic mode

lodilobo

2 hours ago, lodilobo said:

Nobody said to fire Kitchens. You obviously have a comprehension disability. Which game was close? It sure as hell wasn't this game after the 3rd quarter. 

I do have a comprehension disability. Hit the panic button champ. Stop wasting your time and watching. And please don't be mad at me. Be mad at yourself. You could be more productive doing something else on Sundays. 😂😂😂

1 hour ago, Alkid3 said:

I do have a comprehension disability. Hit the panic button champ. Stop wasting your time and watching. And please don't be mad at me. Be mad at yourself. You could be more productive doing something else on Sundays. 😂😂😂

Yeah..right. I'm going to let some idiot dictate to me what to do on Sundays. I'm not mad at anyone. I suggest you continue to watch...and watch closely. Maybe you can learn something about the game.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, lodilobo said:

Yeah..right. I'm going to let some idiot dictate to me what to do on Sundays. I'm not mad at anyone. I suggest you continue to watch...and watch closely. Maybe you can learn something about the game.

Man I expected more fireworks!

2 hours ago, lodilobo said:

Not mad but you're name calling. Haha. I'll watch the game twice that way if I didn't watch close enough the first time I have a second chance at it. Oh I'll try to learn the game. Hopefully we get a lot of three pointers.

12 hours ago, Nero said:

Man I expected more fireworks!

Sorry....I no longer have the time or patience to even deal with some of these Millenials who like to talk down to you, when they know nothing. I'm all about difference of opinion and can always see the other side of an argument, but sometimes it's better not to waste your time. My original post was somewhat of an exaggeration, designed to vent a little and get reactions. That's my style. I really don't much give a crap anymore if some don't like it. I guess I'm just a cranky old bastard.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

On 9/9/2019 at 8:29 AM, lodilobo said:

That's where I'm at....full blown panic mode. Our team has been over hyped since last season. After watching that huge implosion yesterday, I can only speculate why this looks so bad. I didn't think we had excessive penalties in preseason. I put most of the blame on Freddie Kitchens. When a team of very good players looks like that, the HC is responsible. I really wanted Greg Williams to be retained as the new HC for this season. Freddie seems like a good guy, with a lot of potential, but to see the players respond this way...well, I have my doubts about him as a good head coach. I know it's only one game, but it was disgusting. Dorsey needs to find a quality LT and put together an o line. If not, Mayfield will never make it to the bye week.

A team of very good players on PAPER.  Yes.    That said, a football coach once told us in film review - when you have 11 guys on the field on every play - you're only as good as your last guy. For example, 18 penalties!  Ever watch a replay of a TD called back?  Sometimes 10 guys are doing everything they're supposed to be doing while 1 offensive lineman has a brain fart and he's down field on a pass play which removes the TD.  Starting out a drive with a 1st and 25 or 1st and 20 sure changes a game plan to predictably lean on the pass.  That enabled TN's defense to pin their ears back an tee off.  On defense, just when it appears you stopped the opponent from converting on 3rd down - all it takes is 1 guy to grab or hold or hit someone late to gift wrap a 1st and 10.

The Freddie theory as rookie HC seems like an easy scapegoat to cling to especially if we forget he's been an Assistant Head Coach to Bruce Arians.   However, when Freddie became the OC last year - many of the dumb/avoidable penalties stopped.  He also got our rookie QB in the habit of getting rid of the ball sooner, which sure made our pass pro look much improved.  What's changed beside his title?  Players hearing how great this team is by the same media now attacking how soft they looked.

As much as I hate typing this - this team looked very distracted like Baker in particular.  Right after he throws a pick 6 - I'm watching a commercial of Baker starting a lawn mower.  Just a few weeks ago, I'm reading about the efforts he's tried to make to reach out to the back-up Rookie QB for the Giants about a month or 2 after getting married and honey-mooning. I didn't really see the SAME hungry Baker I saw last year.  I saw a guy that expected things to be easier (via talent added) than a guy who "WOKE UP FEELING DANGEROUS!"  Last year, he always looked extremely well prepared for our opponents. That's what led to his pre-snap intellect that promoted all the accurate quick passes that jumper cabled excitement about the offense with him in the driver seat. After the opening drive, it looked like Baker didn't know anything about TN (who was 9-7 in 2018).  Leading up to last week's matchup - Freddie said they had been preparing for TN for the last 3 weeks.  It looked like some guys did.

This team got punched in the mouth last week. Their reaction to it? "We'll kick our own asss for you TN."  And this defense that was supposed to swarm and smother people turned into a limp-wristed careless whisper. Right now, this team is defined as 43-13. If that didn't light their fannies, I can only care as much or as little as they do.  All that said, TN's lead was reduced to 15-13 midway through the 3rd quarter to remind us it remained competitive as long as we allowed it to.  The last time we got rathoused that bad on opening day Pittsburgh beat us something like 35-7 during a season we finished 10-6 (2007). 

The fan in me doesn't think we've wasted our time getting excited about this year's team. 

• Upvote 2

On 9/14/2019 at 10:24 AM, Flugel said:

A team of very good players on PAPER.  Yes.    That said, a football coach once told us in film review - when you have 11 guys on the field on every play - you're only as good as your last guy. For example, 18 penalties!  Ever watch a replay of a TD called back?  Sometimes 10 guys are doing everything they're supposed to be doing while 1 offensive lineman has a brain fart and he's down field on a pass play which removes the TD.  Starting out a drive with a 1st and 25 or 1st and 20 sure changes a game plan to predictably lean on the pass.  That enabled TN's defense to pin their ears back an tee off.  On defense, just when it appears you stopped the opponent from converting on 3rd down - all it takes is 1 guy to grab or hold or hit someone late to gift wrap a 1st and 10.

The Freddie theory as rookie HC seems like an easy scapegoat to cling to especially if we forget he's been an Assistant Head Coach to Bruce Arians.   However, when Freddie became the OC last year - many of the dumb/avoidable penalties stopped.  He also got our rookie QB in the habit of getting rid of the ball sooner, which sure made our pass pro look much improved.  What's changed beside his title?  Players hearing how great this team is by the same media now attacking how soft they looked.

As much as I hate typing this - this team looked very distracted like Baker in particular.  Right after he throws a pick 6 - I'm watching a commercial of Baker starting a lawn mower.  Just a few weeks ago, I'm reading about the efforts he's tried to make to reach out to the back-up Rookie QB for the Giants about a month or 2 after getting married and honey-mooning. I didn't really see the SAME hungry Baker I saw last year.  I saw a guy that expected things to be easier (via talent added) than a guy who "WOKE UP FEELING DANGEROUS!"  Last year, he always looked extremely well prepared for our opponents. That's what led to his pre-snap intellect that promoted all the accurate quick passes that jumper cabled excitement about the offense with him in the driver seat. After the opening drive, it looked like Baker didn't know anything about TN (who was 9-7 in 2018).  Leading up to last week's matchup - Freddie said they had been preparing for TN for the last 3 weeks.  It looked like some guys did.

This team got punched in the mouth last week. Their reaction to it? "We'll kick our own asss for you TN."  And this defense that was supposed to swarm and smother people turned into a limp-wristed careless whisper. Right now, this team is defined as 43-13. If that didn't light their fannies, I can only care as much or as little as they do.  All that said, TN's lead was reduced to 15-13 midway through the 3rd quarter to remind us it remained competitive as long as we allowed it to.  The last time we got rathoused that bad on opening day Pittsburgh beat us something like 35-7 during a season we finished 10-6 (2007). 

The fan in me doesn't think we've wasted our time getting excited about this year's team. 

The difference, to me is the HC. I'm hoping Kitchens will learn from his mistakes, and become a good coach. We need stability at HC before we can become a good team.

On 9/13/2019 at 3:12 AM, lodilobo said:

Sorry....I no longer have the time or patience to even deal with some of these Millenials who like to talk down to you, when they know nothing. I'm all about difference of opinion and can always see the other side of an argument, but sometimes it's better not to waste your time. My original post was somewhat of an exaggeration, designed to vent a little and get reactions. That's my style. I really don't much give a crap anymore if some don't like it. I guess I'm just a cranky old bastard.

You clearly had time. 😂 Cuz now you're back tracking and admitting to being dramatic. Give the team time to mesh. All I'm saying. 

On 9/13/2019 at 6:12 AM, lodilobo said:

You do realize that millennials are now fully grown adults that are like 40, right? 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, The Cysko Kid said:

You do realize that millennials are now fully grown adults that are like 40, right? 

• 2000 to present: Generation Z.
  • 1980 to 2000: Millennials or Generation Y.
  • 1965 to 1979: Thirteeners or Generation X.
  • 1946 to 1964: Baby Boomers.
  • 1925 to 1945: Silent Generation.
  • 1900 to 1924: G.I. Generation

I have never heard the term "thirteeners" ....and I assume they will come up with something to call the current young people.

10 minutes ago, The Gipper said:
  • 2000 to present: Generation Z.
  • 1980 to 2000: Millennials or Generation Y.
  • 1965 to 1979: Thirteeners or Generation X.
  • 1946 to 1964: Baby Boomers.
  • 1925 to 1945: Silent Generation.
  • 1900 to 1924: G.I. Generation

I have never heard the term "thirteeners" ....and I assume they will come up with something to call the current young people.

I’ve seen that chart for the Generation names have some serious discrepancies... I was born in 81’ and have seen charts that put people in the late 80’s as Gen X’ers. I don’t get where the years and ranges come from....

Oh and I work with the “young people” that are Generation Z on a daily basis.... and if you think Millennials are worthless.... buckle up.... 

5 hours ago, hx214 said:

Oh and I work with the “young people” that are Generation Z on a daily basis.... and if you think Millennials are worthless.... buckle up.... 

As long as they stay off my damn lawn, I don't give a shit what they do.🙄

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Alkid3 said:

You clearly had time. 😂 Cuz now you're back tracking and admitting to being dramatic. Give the team time to mesh. All I'm saying. 

Did I ever say that I wasn't being dramatic?? Is there a rule here about being dramatic or over reacting?? So sue me. Gipper?...here's your next client.

In my opinion, if we're 4-4 after 8 games, that means we're doing pretty good. We're going to have to beat some quality teams coming up, but if we can just make it until the second half of our schedule, things appear to be more friendly. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, choco said:

You don't have to say you are...it's blatantly obvious. You melted after one game. You bought into the hype. That's all on you

Try to be a little more clear with your point. What is blatantly obvious?...that I was being dramatic?...that I wasn't being dramatic?...What is on me?....the loss?...the disappointment in the loss? Nobody else bought into the hype?....the players, coaches, media? What exactly is your point?....or do you have a point?

4 hours ago, lodilobo said:

Did I ever say that I wasn't being dramatic?? Is there a rule here about being dramatic or over reacting?? So sue me. Gipper?...here's your next client.

What are you offering in settlement so that we don't have to go into court.  Keep in mind my contingency fee in this case is 40%

(I purposely did NOT type this in pink....as that would imply that I was not serious about squeezing some cashish out of you)

12 hours ago, hx214 said:

I’ve seen that chart for the Generation names have some serious discrepancies... I was born in 81’ and have seen charts that put people in the late 80’s as Gen X’ers. I don’t get where the years and ranges come from....

Ive got 30 years teaching high school science...wow kids are just so bad at thinking now...its kinda sad. 

Woefully ignorant of the real world and its expectations to be successful

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

What are you offering in settlement so that we don't have to go into court.  Keep in mind my contingency fee in this case is 40%

(I purposely did NOT type this in pink....as that would imply that I was not serious about squeezing some cashish out of you)

I knew you would be serious about making big money. You are, after all, an attorney. What is my fee for this communication?

22 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

In my opinion, if we're 4-4 after 8 games, that means we're doing pretty good. We're going to have to beat some quality teams coming up, but if we can just make it until the second half of our schedule, things appear to be more friendly. 

.500 at Halloween and win Nov and Dec. Right now is essentially practice time even tho it counts

• Like 1

On 9/18/2019 at 5:46 AM, lodilobo said:

Try to be a little more clear with your point. What is blatantly obvious?...that I was being dramatic?...that I wasn't being dramatic?...What is on me?....the loss?...the disappointment in the loss? Nobody else bought into the hype?....the players, coaches, media? What exactly is your point?....or do you have a point?

Everything you mentioned above is on you. 😂😂😂😂

On 9/18/2019 at 3:49 AM, lodilobo said:

😂 what? This back and forth started with me saying you're as dramatic as a soccer player. I don't know the rules here people get banned here for not having the same opinion.🤷🏽‍♂️ You already think I dont know football. Now you want me to know "the rules" here. Lol fuck outta here. Why don't you act like the generation you're from and just be silent. 😂😂😂

21 hours ago, Alkid3 said:

Everything you mentioned above is on you. 😂😂😂😂

😂 what? This back and forth started with me saying you're as dramatic as a soccer player. I don't know the rules here people get banned here for not having the same opinion.🤷🏽‍♂️ You already think I dont know football. Now you want me to know "the rules" here. Lol fuck outta here. Why don't you act like the generation you're from and just be silent. 😂😂😂

With that, I will politely bow out of any further discussion with you. I obviously cannot match your intellect. My generation...silent?...rotflmao!

• Upvote 1