lodilobo

Panic mode

2 hours ago, lodilobo said:

Nobody said to fire Kitchens. You obviously have a comprehension disability. Which game was close? It sure as hell wasn't this game after the 3rd quarter. 

I do have a comprehension disability. Hit the panic button champ. Stop wasting your time and watching. And please don't be mad at me. Be mad at yourself. You could be more productive doing something else on Sundays. 😂😂😂

1 hour ago, Alkid3 said:

I do have a comprehension disability. Hit the panic button champ. Stop wasting your time and watching. And please don't be mad at me. Be mad at yourself. You could be more productive doing something else on Sundays. 😂😂😂

Yeah..right. I'm going to let some idiot dictate to me what to do on Sundays. I'm not mad at anyone. I suggest you continue to watch...and watch closely. Maybe you can learn something about the game.

56 minutes ago, lodilobo said:

Yeah..right. I'm going to let some idiot dictate to me what to do on Sundays. I'm not mad at anyone. I suggest you continue to watch...and watch closely. Maybe you can learn something about the game.

Man I expected more fireworks!

Not mad but you're name calling. Haha. I'll watch the game twice that way if I didn't watch close enough the first time I have a second chance at it. Oh I'll try to learn the game. Hopefully we get a lot of three pointers.

12 hours ago, Nero said:

Man I expected more fireworks!

Sorry....I no longer have the time or patience to even deal with some of these Millenials who like to talk down to you, when they know nothing. I'm all about difference of opinion and can always see the other side of an argument, but sometimes it's better not to waste your time. My original post was somewhat of an exaggeration, designed to vent a little and get reactions. That's my style. I really don't much give a crap anymore if some don't like it. I guess I'm just a cranky old bastard.

• Upvote 2

I guess I'm just a normal cranky old bastard.

FIFY! 😁

On 9/9/2019 at 8:29 AM, lodilobo said:

That's where I'm at....full blown panic mode. Our team has been over hyped since last season. After watching that huge implosion yesterday, I can only speculate why this looks so bad. I didn't think we had excessive penalties in preseason. I put most of the blame on Freddie Kitchens. When a team of very good players looks like that, the HC is responsible. I really wanted Greg Williams to be retained as the new HC for this season. Freddie seems like a good guy, with a lot of potential, but to see the players respond this way...well, I have my doubts about him as a good head coach. I know it's only one game, but it was disgusting. Dorsey needs to find a quality LT and put together an o line. If not, Mayfield will never make it to the bye week.

A team of very good players on PAPER.  Yes.    That said, a football coach once told us in film review - when you have 11 guys on the field on every play - you're only as good as your last guy. For example, 18 penalties!  Ever watch a replay of a TD called back?  Sometimes 10 guys are doing everything they're supposed to be doing while 1 offensive lineman has a brain fart and he's down field on a pass play which removes the TD.  Starting out a drive with a 1st and 25 or 1st and 20 sure changes a game plan to predictably lean on the pass.  That enabled TN's defense to pin their ears back an tee off.  On defense, just when it appears you stopped the opponent from converting on 3rd down - all it takes is 1 guy to grab or hold or hit someone late to gift wrap a 1st and 10.

The Freddie theory as rookie HC seems like an easy scapegoat to cling to especially if we forget he's been an Assistant Head Coach to Bruce Arians.   However, when Freddie became the OC last year - many of the dumb/avoidable penalties stopped.  He also got our rookie QB in the habit of getting rid of the ball sooner, which sure made our pass pro look much improved.  What's changed beside his title?  Players hearing how great this team is by the same media now attacking how soft they looked.

As much as I hate typing this - this team looked very distracted like Baker in particular.  Right after he throws a pick 6 - I'm watching a commercial of Baker starting a lawn mower.  Just a few weeks ago, I'm reading about the efforts he's tried to make to reach out to the back-up Rookie QB for the Giants about a month or 2 after getting married and honey-mooning. I didn't really see the SAME hungry Baker I saw last year.  I saw a guy that expected things to be easier (via talent added) than a guy who "WOKE UP FEELING DANGEROUS!"  Last year, he always looked extremely well prepared for our opponents. That's what led to his pre-snap intellect that promoted all the accurate quick passes that jumper cabled excitement about the offense with him in the driver seat. After the opening drive, it looked like Baker didn't know anything about TN (who was 9-7 in 2018).  Leading up to last week's matchup - Freddie said they had been preparing for TN for the last 3 weeks.  It looked like some guys did.

This team got punched in the mouth last week. Their reaction to it? "We'll kick our own asss for you TN."  And this defense that was supposed to swarm and smother people turned into a limp-wristed careless whisper. Right now, this team is defined as 43-13. If that didn't light their fannies, I can only care as much or as little as they do.  All that said, TN's lead was reduced to 15-13 midway through the 3rd quarter to remind us it remained competitive as long as we allowed it to.  The last time we got rathoused that bad on opening day Pittsburgh beat us something like 35-7 during a season we finished 10-6 (2007). 

The fan in me doesn't think we've wasted our time getting excited about this year's team. 

• Upvote 2

On 9/14/2019 at 10:24 AM, Flugel said:

A team of very good players on PAPER.  Yes.    That said, a football coach once told us in film review - when you have 11 guys on the field on every play - you're only as good as your last guy. For example, 18 penalties!  Ever watch a replay of a TD called back?  Sometimes 10 guys are doing everything they're supposed to be doing while 1 offensive lineman has a brain fart and he's down field on a pass play which removes the TD.  Starting out a drive with a 1st and 25 or 1st and 20 sure changes a game plan to predictably lean on the pass.  That enabled TN's defense to pin their ears back an tee off.  On defense, just when it appears you stopped the opponent from converting on 3rd down - all it takes is 1 guy to grab or hold or hit someone late to gift wrap a 1st and 10.

The Freddie theory as rookie HC seems like an easy scapegoat to cling to especially if we forget he's been an Assistant Head Coach to Bruce Arians.   However, when Freddie became the OC last year - many of the dumb/avoidable penalties stopped.  He also got our rookie QB in the habit of getting rid of the ball sooner, which sure made our pass pro look much improved.  What's changed beside his title?  Players hearing how great this team is by the same media now attacking how soft they looked.

As much as I hate typing this - this team looked very distracted like Baker in particular.  Right after he throws a pick 6 - I'm watching a commercial of Baker starting a lawn mower.  Just a few weeks ago, I'm reading about the efforts he's tried to make to reach out to the back-up Rookie QB for the Giants about a month or 2 after getting married and honey-mooning. I didn't really see the SAME hungry Baker I saw last year.  I saw a guy that expected things to be easier (via talent added) than a guy who "WOKE UP FEELING DANGEROUS!"  Last year, he always looked extremely well prepared for our opponents. That's what led to his pre-snap intellect that promoted all the accurate quick passes that jumper cabled excitement about the offense with him in the driver seat. After the opening drive, it looked like Baker didn't know anything about TN (who was 9-7 in 2018).  Leading up to last week's matchup - Freddie said they had been preparing for TN for the last 3 weeks.  It looked like some guys did.

This team got punched in the mouth last week. Their reaction to it? "We'll kick our own asss for you TN."  And this defense that was supposed to swarm and smother people turned into a limp-wristed careless whisper. Right now, this team is defined as 43-13. If that didn't light their fannies, I can only care as much or as little as they do.  All that said, TN's lead was reduced to 15-13 midway through the 3rd quarter to remind us it remained competitive as long as we allowed it to.  The last time we got rathoused that bad on opening day Pittsburgh beat us something like 35-7 during a season we finished 10-6 (2007). 

The fan in me doesn't think we've wasted our time getting excited about this year's team. 

The difference, to me is the HC. I'm hoping Kitchens will learn from his mistakes, and become a good coach. We need stability at HC before we can become a good team.

On 9/10/2019 at 5:16 PM, DieHardBrownsFan said:

You sure?  I doubt it.

surprised you are not name calling yet  oh wait forget it I got your message 

On 9/13/2019 at 3:12 AM, lodilobo said:

Sorry....I no longer have the time or patience to even deal with some of these Millenials who like to talk down to you, when they know nothing. I'm all about difference of opinion and can always see the other side of an argument, but sometimes it's better not to waste your time. My original post was somewhat of an exaggeration, designed to vent a little and get reactions. That's my style. I really don't much give a crap anymore if some don't like it. I guess I'm just a cranky old bastard.

You clearly had time. 😂 Cuz now you're back tracking and admitting to being dramatic. Give the team time to mesh. All I'm saying. 

On 9/13/2019 at 6:12 AM, lodilobo said:

You do realize that millennials are now fully grown adults that are like 40, right?