THE BROWNS BOARD

Early observations

Louisville Slugger

54 minutes ago, SD_Tom said:

Lamar Jackson looks unstoppable 

It's a scheme thing but its extremely hard to stop with a talent like that. People called me crazy for saying I would take Lamar #1 if had Greg Roman as O.C. this is why. Roman has done this with Tyrod Taylor, Colin Kapernick, and resurrected Alex Smith with this offense. 

4 minutes ago, Louisville Slugger said:

It's a scheme thing but its extremely hard to stop with a talent like that. People called me crazy for saying I would take Lamar #1 if had Greg Roman as O.C. this is why. Roman has done this with Tyrod Taylor, Colin Kapernick, and resurrected Alex Smith with this offense. 

Dolphins might have kicked our ass today. 

Ravens would've dropped about that same #of points on us as well. Man,  I had Lamar on my bench too.  

Oh well

16 minutes ago, Louisville Slugger said:

It's a scheme thing...

True... but it's also a rare scheme thing in the NFL.

Each Conference has one, true RPO QB, Jackson and Kyler... so very hard to prep for them... and it's not an asset to be in the Division with either "so that you get to see them twice per year.

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

True... but it's also a rare scheme thing in the NFL.

Each Conference has one, true RPO QB, Jackson and Kyler... so very hard to prep for them... and it's not an asset to be in the Division with either "so that you get to see them twice per year.

Detroit didn't make it look too difficult to prep for Kyler.

35 minutes ago, Kvoethe said:

I observed flashes of greatness followed by bolts of terrifying ineptitude.  Coaching this week will help

I sure hope your right but the “coaching” we had for the last 3 months just shit all over the field. It was an embarrassment to have that much talent on the field ALL shit the bed. 

There aren't many "do-overs" or Mulligan's in the real world -but- if there were:

1. Would the BROWNS be 5.5 point favorites?

2. Could the BROWNS win if they played again?

And something else to think about will the BROWNS win on the road next week against the Jets?

42 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

There aren't many "do-overs" or Mulligan's in the real world -but- if there were:

1. Would the BROWNS be 5.5 point favorites?

2. Could the BROWNS win if they played again?

And something else to think about will the BROWNS win on the road next week against the Jets?

I've literally never seen a game like this before, and that team was not 30 points better. I wish to God we somehow get to the playoffs and play them. Please Jesus...one time. 

18 penalties for 187 yards? I mean... 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

So far ........................................

They still look bad. A Brady beatdown plus the Patriots defense looks good.

5 hours ago, medicineman said:

No need to panic til after next week Dawgs, If we put up a good solid fight and WIN against the J E T S then things should be ok, but if next week looks like the shit show we put on Today then you can buy tickets for 2 dollars for the remaining home games. GO BROWNS 

So its a win win!!

11 hours ago, Kvoethe said:

we dont look as bad as the steelers do

Only form the standpoint that much of our pain was self-inflicted...

Then again the Steelers weren't playing the Titans... who I'll admit that I am likely still underestimating, but Dear God... the Pats looked awesome last nite...

... and they add AB this week.

AB... Gordon... Edelman... Dorsett...with White in a five-WR spread... HTF do you stop that?

And then they get Watson back at TE...

The only weakness on the Pats is their pass rush... and scheme even managed to put pressure on Ben last nite...

BTW my BIG takeaway for our Steeler matchups??? Almost every time Ben had to move off his spot, the play was a dud... and when he runs I can catch him. He looks fat and old.

Ok....lets be real...hype got the better of us.

Things to change...

1.  Baker...quit worry about Giants and other peoples salaries. Shut up and play ball.

2.  Coach needs to toughen up..Not sure he was the right hire..gimme a few more games.

3.  Endzones were terrible looking.

4.  It takes 3 or 4 games to see what kind of team you have..really and truly.

• Upvote 1

For his inaugural game as head coach, Freddie failed miserably in discipline, play calling and personnel. Why pass on 3rd and 1 with Nick Chubb in your backfield and if you're going to be aggressive might as well go for it on 4th down? Why was Genard Avery inactive while Chad Thomas played (didn't see a stat attributed to him or Olivier Vernon). To lose in this fashion with the most talented roster in years is an indictment of the coach and the GM who hired him. Bob Wylie may have been right after all.

12 minutes ago, MDDawg said:

For his inaugural game as head coach, Freddie failed miserably in discipline, play calling and personnel. Why pass on 3rd and 1 with Nick Chubb in your backfield and if you're going to be aggressive might as well go for it on 4th down? Why was Genard Avery inactive while Chad Thomas played (didn't see a stat attributed to him or Olivier Vernon). To lose in this fashion with the most talented roster in years is an indictment of the coach and the GM who hired him. Bob Wylie may have been right after all.

Why did mike tomlin kick a fg from the 1 yd line down 20 with 9 mins left in the 3rd?  All coaches do stupid stuff.

3 minutes ago, Kvoethe said:

Why did mike tomlin kick a fg from the 1 yd line down 20 with 9 mins left in the 3rd?  All coaches do stupid stuff.

Stupid stuff versus a stupid gameplan are two different things. Derrick Henry is their only offensive weapon and what did Freddy do to stop him? We score a touchdown, stop the Titans and instead of running the ball and burn clock, start throwing again and give the ball back to the Titans. Mariota falls apart when playing from behind everyone but Freddie seems to know that.