THE BROWNS BOARD

***Browns Vs. Titans Game Day Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

12 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

Let me say it this way. The Browns deserved to lose this game, big time today. We got BADLY out coached and it showed, from start to finish. Of the plenty of penalties, most were warranted. If this game were more reasonably called on both sides, I'd expect the flags to be considerably closer.

With that being said, I'd bet a cold case of beer the Browns are going to get a 'we're sorry' email from the NFL about the missed hold that directly resulted in a touchdown for the Titans. The game is 15-13, and instead of a score for the Titans it's now 1st and 20. The fans would be losing their damn minds. You cannot for a second tell me that doesn't impact the result of this game significantly, you just won't. This is a marked problem for the NFL (not just the Browns), and they know it. I'm simply suggesting it's time for teams to have a chance to be able to challenge against that sort of thing.

Let me guess, Baker was totally in the grass there too right? Right.

Like I said, I didn't see it so I can't answer 

1 minute ago, MLD Woody said:

It's obviously too early to act like the sky is falling

That being said, the ridiculous hype from fans this season was, well, ridiculous. I was saying we needed to calm down a little. 

But it'll be interesting to read posts from users on here that are just turning on the players and coaches, immediately, that they loved not long ago. 

I like Kitchens as an offensive coordinator, but I feel that he may of been rushed into the HC position. I know some people hate Gregg, but the players feared him and played for him. Hate him or love him, there's no way Gregg would ever let us have this many penalties in a game.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, jiggins7919 said:

Game over, sadly. All that amazing positive energy...just gone. This is about as sad as I've ever been after a game. All the positive vibes, all the talking heads, all the bullcrap we've heard for so many months. None of it came to fruition. I don't have the energy to make a well-thought out post, and I'm not going to make an overreaction statement, but this is about as sad as I have felt watching this team in a long time, and that's saying something. All of our fears came true. Our OL being terrible, Baker not having time, tight ends killing us...it's all there. What about this dominant defensive line we had? I didn't see ANYTHING like that. Ah, whatever. I don't have the capacity to write anything, and nobody wants to read it anyway. The only good thing is I didn't make an ass out of myself, so that's nice.

Sorry everyone. I know this really hurts. 

D Line was good as were the LBers.  Secondary stinks as it has for the past 10 years.  Baker is great and terrible in the same game but that's Baker.  Most diehard fans were nervous about the O Line and the ejection and injury didn't help today.  I am most disappointed in the institutional lack of discipline and the terrible play calling after the first drive.

2 minutes ago, jbluhm86 said:

Somewhere in the US, Colin Cowherd is furiously pulling his pud while watching this game.

Baker is an easy target because he likes the sound of his own voice.  You can run your mouth when you win but those QBs, with the exception of Rodgers typically don't.  Brady, Brees, Dak, Wilson, Wentz, etc. don't yap.

2 minutes ago, brownie4412 said:

I knew it was too good to be true. I’m glad I didn’t get overly excited. 

P.S. 

Goodell, Kraft, Haslam and the rest of the NFL hierarchy can suck my middle class, white, republican dick. You won’t get another red cent out of me. 

I stopped paying them 2 years ago. Don’t regret it for a minute

• Upvote 1

Just now, LondonBrown said:

Wasn’t expecting that. Very very bad and looked poorly coached in all areas. 

I never expected so many mistakes and so many penalties. I did expect Henry to be a thorn in our side, but even that was far worse than I thought it would be. That 75 yd play was the dagger in the heart. 💘

2 minutes ago, brownie4412 said:

P.S. 

Goodell, Kraft, Haslam and the rest of the NFL hierarchy can suck my middle class, white, republican dick. You won’t get another red cent out of me. 

Politics as an initial reaction? That’s wierd man. Really wierd. Go politics!

6 minutes ago, brownie4412 said:

P.S. 

good now go fuck yourself and quit this board also

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BaconHound said:

Baker is an easy target because he likes the sound of his own voice.  You can run your mouth when you win but those QBs, with the exception of Rodgers typically don't.  Brady, Brees, Dak, Wilson, Wentz, etc. don't yap.

yep....sorry baker, this is not sw louisiana state u......

3 minutes ago, BaconHound said:

Just now, Ibleedbrown said:

Wanna fight Tex? 10 paces. Go

i think the browns set some kind of penalty record today.....i think they said they had more penalties in this game than some otto graham game back in 51.......yikes.....there were some questionable penalties, but most of them were legit...they stunk up the field today...

The problem is, we didn't just lose today. It was way worse than that, as there's not a single thing you can point to as being positive. Every phase of the game was bad, and Greg Robinson might have played his ass out of town. What he did is inexcusable, and Garrett needs to be fined as well. Shoot, Garrett could have EASILY been ejected too. 

It's only one game. Whether you lose by 30 or 3, it's ONE game. Now, it's going to absolutely SUCK listening to all the talking heads. The Monday after opening day is the day of overreacting, but we're not going to fall into that trap. Literally everything that could have gone wrong, went wrong. This is going to be a VERY long week boys. Are we good? Are we really this bad? I dunno, but we've got work to do, and it's going to be ugly until we get to Sunday. 

After Hue Jackson was fired last season the team went 5-3 the rest of the year and we looked to be in better shape going into this season so I was expecting more this year. Going in to this season I thought we were going to be a play off team. This one hurts. I didn't see a blow out opening season loss coming. This team will have something to prove against the Jets.

2 minutes ago, browns52 said:

i think the browns set some kind of penalty record today.....i think they said they had more penalties in this game than some otto graham game back in 51.......yikes.....there were some questionable penalties, but most of them were legit...they stunk up the field today...

Those are not fighting words 52. All of that is very much a non fighting word response to a very much fighting word post. 

And yes. Penalties. Fucking refs.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, darren15 said:

Can we trade Vernon for Zeitler ?

Had to check the box score to see if Vernon played. He tried to chase Mariota down early, then never heard his name again. Was he dinged up? Invisible?