THE BROWNS BOARD

***Browns Vs. Titans Game Day Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

6 minutes ago, BaconHound said:

Bad teams complain about refs.  The worst call of the game, the PF on Robinson on the first drive was overcome by a TD.

Nah man, fuck that line of thinking. The refs stalled two strong drives on one terrible call and one mediocre at best call. This line of thinking allows the problem of nfl refs to perpetuate. They deserved several today, but it shouldn’t 3 yellows to 11. No way.

im not a guy who says they’re against the browns. But statistically refs have been a unbelievably bad issue for several years.  

We just watched a browns player get dragged to the ground in the end zone 5 feet away from the ref, and the browns got 2 flags against them. 

15 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

Nah man, fuck that line of thinking. The refs stalled two strong drives on one terrible call and one mediocre at best call. This line of thinking allows the problem of nfl refs to perpetuate. They deserved several today, but it shouldn’t 3 yellows to 11. No way.

im not a guy who says they’re against the browns. But statistically refs have been a unbelievably bad issue for several years.  

We just watched a browns player get dragged to the ground in the end zone 5 feet away from the ref, and the browns got 2 flags against them. 

Are you sure?  Landry stubbed his toe going out of bounds and you wanted a flag, just saying.

2 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

That sort of play has to be able to be challenged, period, should be a 1st and 20.

Why? What I miss? 

That'll do it fellas. All hope is not lost, so let's not panic. It's just one game. We'll get penalties cleaned up and be just fine. Maybe we needed to get kicked in the teeth to refocus our minds. We'll be fine. 

1 minute ago, jrb12711 said:

So bacon let me guess, that wasn’t a textbook arm bar hold that directly resulted in a touchdown for the Titans right? And you’re just so sure that wouldn’t have been called against us today right?

pathetic.

Holding calls and PI calls are bad for both sides of the ball most games.  Randall got there early and if it happened to OBJ we'd want the call.  We've thrown a punch, kicked a dude, hit the QB after the throw that everyone saw, etc.  Only rose colored glasses would suggest the refs are costing us the game.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BaconHound said:

Holding calls and PI calls are bad for both sides of the ball most games.  Randall got there early and if it happened to OBJ we'd want the call.  We've thrown a punch, kicked a dude, hit the QB after the throw that everyone saw, etc.  Only rose colored glasses would suggest the refs are costing us the game.

Which is why i said they deserved several, not hard to read my comment. But if you’re looking at that titan touchdown and as a fan of football looking at this going “hmm” you’re just being naive.

if the flags were the other way around I’d be saying the same thing. Gene after the review said and I quote. “Well regardless of that pretty apparent hold that can’t  be reviewed”. What more do you want man?

3 minutes ago, BaconHound said:

Well, the holding calls have been pretty rough, man, and while you can't totally blame refs for the outcome, it is pretty bad when you see the disparity of the calls. The holding in particular because I've seen several on Tennessee not called. I mean, there's another hold right there. It's getting absurd, but then again, Greg Robinson pretty much cost us the game by kicking that guy. 

Which is why i said they deserved several, not hard to read my comment. But if you’re looking at that titan touchdown and as a fan of football looking at this going “hmm” you’re just being naive.

if the flags were the other way around I’d be saying the same thing. Gene after the review said and I quote. “Well regardless of that pretty apparent hold that can’t  be reviewed”. What more do you want man?

I'd like more than one defender to have a shot at a tackle on a fucking screen

1 minute ago, jrb12711 said:

Obviously I can't see the game (as discussed in the map thread) so I can't comment on if the flags are warranted or not, but you seem to be complaining about every flag. And sure fans do that. But you haven't said a word about any flag on Tenn. So it is hard to believe you would be complaining about them if it were reversed 

Just an observation 

6 minutes ago, Gunz41 said:

Obviously I can't see the game (as discussed in the map thread) so I can't comment on if the flags are warranted or not, but you seem to be complaining about every flag. And sure fans do that. But you haven't said a word about any flag on Tenn. So it is hard to believe you would be complaining about them if it were reversed 

Just an observation 

I can tell you without hesitation if the flags were the other way around I’d be saying “ I’m not against it, but they are getting screwed”. Believe it or not, I watch that part of the game very even level.

3 flags now to 14. The browns have absolutely deserved 8-9 and made several bad, stupid penalties. But when the head of refs for over 2 years says on national television, “I’m not sure how they missed that hold” on literally the most pivotal point in the game, there’s a ref problem. That dude will protect his ilk if at all possible.

7 minutes ago, BaconHound said:

I'd like more than one defender to have a shot at a tackle on a fucking screen

So that excuses a missed holding call they’d teach a high school ref to call? Right.

I can tell you without hesitation if the flags were the other way around I’d be saying “ I’m not against it, but they are getting screwed”. Believe it or not, I watch that part of the game very even level.

3 flags now to 14. The browns have absolutely deserved 8-9 and made several bad, stupid penalties. But when the head of refs for over 2 years says on national television, “I’m not sure how they missed that hold” on literally the most pivotal point in the game, there’s a ref problem. That dude will protect his ilk if at all possible.

So that excuses a missed holding call they’d teach a high school ref to call? Right.

It doesn't excuse it but it's our reality.  This team is a bunch of prima dona pussies that haven't won shit.  The Browns of the 80s that I loved were hard-nosed bad asses that gave all they had all the time.  I get this is the modern NFL and that has waned a bit but these excuse making punks that celebrate the mundane and play like shit half the time isn't football.  Blaming the refs for this game is just another excuse for guys who don't execute.