Jump to content
BrownsDawgPound

***Browns Vs. Titans Game Day Thread***

Recommended Posts

Hi, Browns fans.  Our Cleveland Browns begin their 71st season as a member of the NFL, on the NFL's 100th Anniversary,  as they host the Tennessee Titans in NFL On CBS.'s primary single header game.

Cleveland also seeks their first home win over Tennessee in four years, in this afternoon's 67th all-time regular season meeting. including 1 postseason game. Tennessee enters this afternoon leading the series over Cleveland with their 35-31-0 record, 

Last meeting was a duel of field goals between the Browns Zane Gonzalez vs. the Titans Ryan Succop as each player kicked three field goals to tie the game at 9-9 in regulation.  However, the Titans prevailed in overtime, and won 12-9, with Succops  game-winning 47-yard FG, and played at FirstEnergy Stadium, back on October 22, 2017.

Browns will try to defeat the Titans in Cleveland,  since  the Browns  28-14 win at FirstEnergy back on September 20, 2015

Jim Nantz, Tony Romo, and sideline reporter and interviewer Tracy Wolfson, are announcing the live TV game commentary for The NFL On CBS, seen regionally, and locally on  WOIO CBS Channel 19, live on HD.

Mostly cloudy skies at 69 degrees is the local gamecast inside FirstEnergy Stadium, for the 1:05 PM kickoff, along with 5% precipitation, 61% humidity, and north, northeast winds at 9 miles per hour.

Head referee Brad Allen leads his NFL officiating crew, to supervise the live game action on the field between the Browns and Titans.

NO injuries, to both the Browns and Titans players, and let's see our Cleveland Browns  begin  the season with a win in front of their home fans.

HERE WE GO BROWN-NIES! HERE WE GO! WOOF! WOOF! WOOF!  BELIEVELAND!

2019 Browns Vs. Titans Game Day Info, Browns Injury Report, Live NFL Game Center, And NFL On CBS TV Distribution Map In Red.

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/titans-vs-browns-need-to-know-game-day-information

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/team/injury-report/

https://nfl.com/gamecenter/2019090801/2019/REG1/titans@browns

https://506sports.com/

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nero has a crush on you, BrownsDawgPound. 😍

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fifteen years since an opening day win. They say never bet against a streak, but they gotta end sometime. Is it this year? I think it will be. And big. Browns gonna rock some Tits and come away big for the hometown. Browns 31 Tits 14.  And the second Tit TD will be a end of game pity score. 

05BEA284-030A-4F90-A6BB-72BA14351E64.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Nero has a crush on you, BrownsDawgPound. 😍

Sssh.

He only has one problem: he never posts it with a Spanish translation and Spanish broadcast channels. Shame. 

Otherwise I'd be already sailing to the lone island in the Atlantic he lives in with only internet connection for 2 hours on Sundays to give him some love. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My concern will be where it has been since the off-season begun - on the Oline.

Right off rip, we face Casey, the Williams duo and Aaron Donald the first 3 weeks.

 

My other concern is this coaching staff getting too pass happy.  I hope Chubb and Hilliard receive respectable work loads, facilitate the play action and help our oline out.  If not, the vertical game ODB, Njoku and Ratley can thrive on will be difficult to connect on.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gonna be great football weather. 70ish and dry. Light winds. 

  Something different will be the stadium FULL of Browns fans cheering for the home team.  No more of having more away fans than homers. Local media is high on the team too. Nice to hear The optimism. I’ve even seen a few Browns flags waving recently where there haven’t been any before. Around here at the frontier of dicksburgh you see way more stealer bullshit. Fucking litterbugs! But it’s great seeing the Browns gear! One very dedicated fan has had a faded and tattered Browns flag flying beneath Old Glory for years now. I’ve admired his dedication each time I’ve drove by there. This year the tattered Browns flag has been replaced with brand new. God Bless!

684DE3D4-91A7-4A09-8865-92B6182572FF.jpeg

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holeeeeee shit, it's GO TIME! 

We have a solid adversary coming into our backyard, and one of the things strong teams do is protect their home turf. You HAVE to win at home, and while we did a better job last year (ANYTHING was an improvement, obviously) we can do better. We can truly develop a homefield advantage, we can not only win, but we can SOUNDLY beat teams. Remember doing THAT? Yeah, me either! 🤣

Believe me when I say this atmosphere will be unlike any other we've seen in the past 20 years. For those of you attending, know that I'm infinitely envious, and be sure to scream for us who are at home! 

I'll make a few keys to the game, and I'll attempt to be brief before I pen yet another "Jiggins Novel". 

1. Penalties:  Titans defense relies on their secondary and they've invested big bucks to keep the ball in front of them. They will tempt you to take shots, and they will test the offense's patience and that means we need to sustain long drives. Nothing derails those drives quicker than penalties. (ahem, Greg Robinson) 

2. Red Zone:  If you get the ball into the red zone, you MUST get 7. Not 3, not 6...7 or 8. You simply won't get many opportunities against them, not historically. 

3. Contain Mariota's ground game. Nothing is more demoralizing to a defense than playing great and then seeing a QB squirt through the line and gash them for 20 yards on 3rd and 9. Mariota is vastly quicker than many think, and it's not a stretch to say he's one of the fastest 3 QBs in the league. 

I could keep going but I won't! (for once). Can't wait to mix it up in the Tavern and hang out with my father today. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

Holeeeeee shit, it's GO TIME! 

We have a solid adversary coming into our backyard, and one of the things strong teams do is protect their home turf. You HAVE to win at home, and while we did a better job last year (ANYTHING was an improvement, obviously) we can do better. We can truly develop a homefield advantage, we can not only win, but we can SOUNDLY beat teams. Remember doing THAT? Yeah, me either! 🤣

Believe me when I say this atmosphere will be unlike any other we've seen in the past 20 years. For those of you attending, know that I'm infinitely envious, and be sure to scream for us who are at home! 

I'll make a few keys to the game, and I'll attempt to be brief before I pen yet another "Jiggins Novel". 

1. Penalties:  Titans defense relies on their secondary and they've invested big bucks to keep the ball in front of them. They will tempt you to take shots, and they will test the offense's patience and that means we need to sustain long drives. Nothing derails those drives quicker than penalties. (ahem, Greg Robinson) 

2. Red Zone:  If you get the ball into the red zone, you MUST get 7. Not 3, not 6...7 or 8. You simply won't get many opportunities against them, not historically. 

3. Contain Mariota's ground game. Nothing is more demoralizing to a defense than playing great and then seeing a QB squirt through the line and gash them for 20 yards on 3rd and 9. Mariota is vastly quicker than many think, and it's not a stretch to say he's one of the fastest 3 QBs in the league. 

I could keep going but I won't! (for once). Can't wait to mix it up in the Tavern and hang out with my father today. 

I’m kinda surprised that you didn’t mention a brand new coaching staff. Or the sophomore jinx. They got film on Baker as a pro this year. But 15 is enough. I see growing pains down the road but today is gonna be our day. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

My concern will be where it has been since the off-season begun - on the Oline.

Right off rip, we face Casey, the Williams duo and Aaron Donald the first 3 weeks.

 

My other concern is this coaching staff getting too pass happy.  I hope Chubb and Hilliard receive respectable work loads, facilitate the play action and help our oline out.  If not, the vertical game ODB, Njoku and Ratley can thrive on will be difficult to connect on.

I'm don't think Ratley will be the third receiver out there.  Why anyone wouldn't think it would be Higgins is beyond me.  But we'll see.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's finally here.

I had planned on penning a big long post on our struggles and heartache. How redemption and victory is going to be so sweet to us. About how after all the QBs and HC and GMs and dysfunction; how it's finally our time... 

I thought about that and then I ripped off the rear-view mirror and decided not to look back. I'm just going to enjoy this game like it's my first and root like it's my last. Go Browns!

Believeland- Dawg Check! 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The most anticipated opening day in a long, long time. Let's hope it lives up to the local and national hype about the 2019 BROWNS!

GO BROWNS, 1-0 baby!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, flyingfooldoug said:

I’m kinda surprised that you didn’t mention a brand new coaching staff. Or the sophomore jinx. They got film on Baker as a pro this year. But 15 is enough. I see growing pains down the road but today is gonna be our day. 

So much stuff to mention and I have a tendency to drone on, so I attempted to cut it short. 🤣

To be honest, I'm not sure Browns fans are truly understanding just how big an impact OBJ can have on an offense. I actually overlooked it as well until I heard a podcast describing how much an elite receiver changes the defense. For example, last year Landry commanded the defense's top corner much of the time, but that changes now. Many teams have a strong CB, but fewer have two or three. 

OBJ might be a little dinged up, but I doubt it. He's so deadly on those slants and the defense has to give him such a big cushion that I could see 4-5 simple comeback routes in one game. 

But the hero of the day won't be OBJ or even Baker Mayfield. It's going to be Nick Chubb, and take it to the bank. On the ground and through the air, Chubb will be heavily featured. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

So much stuff to mention and I have a tendency to drone on, so I attempted to cut it short. 🤣

To be honest, I'm not sure Browns fans are truly understanding just how big an impact OBJ can have on an offense. I actually overlooked it as well until I heard a podcast describing how much an elite receiver changes the defense. For example, last year Landry commanded the defense's top corner much of the time, but that changes now. Many teams have a strong CB, but fewer have two or three. 

OBJ might be a little dinged up, but I doubt it. He's so deadly on those slants and the defense has to give him such a big cushion that I could see 4-5 simple comeback routes in one game. 

But the hero of the day won't be OBJ or even Baker Mayfield. It's going to be Nick Chubb, and take it to the bank. On the ground and through the air, Chubb will be heavily featured. 

Well, we did go 500 last year and added talent. I’m a gonna roll with that. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

A 48-14 win incoming 

Love the enthusiasm. I just want a win. We’ve got the players to do it. Come on Freddy!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a Myles Garrett takeover game.  If he takes over against a backup and forces Tenn to change everything roll protection get the ball out fast it will create a ripple effect.

 

On the other side of the ball - the key is to protect the ball and the interior line hold their own. After that let the titans worry about all the one on one matchups they have to contend with  

titan fans don’t think Baker can do it against good defenses this is the second year next step arrival game for him

Thinking Browns 28 Titans 9 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, flyingfooldoug said:

Well, we did go 500 last year and added talent. I’m a gonna roll with that. 

I'd say we did catch some teams injured injured down the stretch, but you can't disagree with the record.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Over under:   Number of Sacks Browns get today?   Lets set it at 6.    I'll take the over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Christmas Day for Browns fans has finally arrived. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Christmas Day for Browns fans has finally arrived. 

Let's hope that we receive the presents that we wanted... I'm really excited, nonetheless. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Christmas Day for Browns fans has finally arrived. 

And the INDIANS are playing in Minnesota if anyone is interested.

Sun. 8 at Min 2:10 PM ET  FSN/STOh <----- TEN @ CLE 1 pm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mjp28 said:

And the INDIANS are playing in Minnesota if anyone is interested.

Sun. 8 at Min 2:10 PM ET  FSN/STOh <----- TEN @ CLE 1 pm

Not me. Is that golf? :P 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, dawg2fan said:

I'd say we did catch some teams injured injured down the stretch, but you can't disagree with the record.  

Isn’t that a fairly typical NFL season? And everyone on that field is getting paid to play. But with that quick release of Bakers, that’ll make the O like look all pro by Halloween. He stays healthy and we’re in every game. Should be fun. The younger fans are gonna need to learn how to cheer a winner. I’m sure that’ll be a short learning curve tho

F639DA91-9BE7-4B92-87DA-09FBA49FDC8D.gif

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nero said:

Not me. Is that golf? :P 

I bet you'd be interested if it were soccer.........well maybe.  ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mjp28 said:

I bet you'd be interested if it were soccer.........well maybe.  ;)

I'm only interested in what's happening thousands of miles away from my home, with a leather eggball in a place I haven't been to... Yet ;)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mjp28 said:

I bet you'd be interested if it were soccer.........well maybe.  ;)

I’ll go with pic in pic the second half. It’ll be after 2 first pitch. Should be able to watch both no problem. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Nero said:

I'm only interested in what's happening thousands of miles away from my home, with a leather eggball in a place I haven't been to... Yet ;)

That is called a pigskin. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

This is a Myles Garrett takeover game.  If he takes over against a backup and forces Tenn to change everything roll protection get the ball out fast it will create a ripple effect.

 

On the other side of the ball - the key is to protect the ball and the interior line hold their own. After that let the titans worry about all the one on one matchups they have to contend with  

titan fans don’t think Baker can do it against good defenses this is the second year next step arrival game for him

Thinking Browns 28 Titans 9 

I agree, but don't be surprised if Vernon has the bigger day. We caught a glimpse against Tampa, and if they shift protection over to Garrett, Vernon will get some opportunities to rush the passer. Believe it or not, what really scares me is Mariota running the ball. He's lightning quick. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×