THE BROWNS BOARD

The Great Zomboni Picks Em 2019

Zombo

The Great Zomboni Picks 2019

The Great Zomboni Ranks Them

1.       Cleveland Browns … Electric on both sides of the ball, worst to first in two years

2.       Kansas City Chiefs … Magnificent offense again covers Achilles defense

3.       LA Rams … Still loaded, now with winning experience

4.       Dallas Cowboys … If you can look beyond the drama, they are pretty damn talented

5.       Pittsburgh Steelers … Leaner and meaner without the queens they sent packing

6.       LA Chargers … Another loaded team behind a great team

7.       Atlanta Falcons … I always guess wrong on them, but seems like it is their turn in NSouth

8.       New Orleans Saints … Just in case I am wrong on Falcons, Saints will be damn good too

9.       Minnesota Vikings … They don’t get the most ink in their division, but they have the most talent

10.   Philadelphia Eagles … Need to see them rally around Wentz before I go higher

11.   New England Patriots … This the year you would see the decline … if division wasn’t so easy

12.   Jacksonville Jaguars … Going to Luck into a division title this year

13.   Seattle Seahawks … Could be a sleeper, but too many good teams in NFC

14.   Green Bay Packers … Learning curve with the new coach

15.   Houston Texas … Much to like, but don’t trust decisions at the top

16.   Buffalo Bills … Up and comer … tough out.

17.   Chicago Bears … Step back because I still don’t trust the qb

18.   Baltimore Ravens … Risky way to win with your 210 lb QB running around

19.   New York Jets … On the way up … still some holes

20.   Detroit Lions … Who knows … I will buy any NNorth ranking you wanna make

21.   San Francisco 49ers … Could swing either way, seems they are injury prone

22.   Denver Broncos … Offense won’t scare anybody

23.   Tennesee Titans … They may have to rethink this plan at end of year

24.   Carolina Panthers … Why do I feel Cam won’t be healthy all year?

25.   Indianapolis Colts … Yes, one guy makes that much of a difference

26.   New York Giants … Shuffling off your best players doesn’t seem like a recipe to get better

27.   Tampa Bay Buccaneers … I like Arians, but culture change may take another year

28.   Oakland Raiders … Here’s a team that’s acquiring drama … solid approach (not)

29.   Washington Redskins … Being the worst Gruden will get you fired

30.   Cincinnati Bengals … I’m not feeling the coaching changes, a new “Bungles” era is upon us

31.   Arizona Cardinals … This whole college gimmicky stuff always get stuffed in NFL

32.   Miami Dolphins … Since they are obviously tanking,  I guess congratulations should be in order

The Great Zomboni Predicts them

AFC East

New England*   10-6

Buffalo               9-7

NY Jets                8-8

Miami                 1-15

AFC North

Cleveland*         13-3

Pittsburgh*        11-5

Baltimore           8-8

Cincinnati           4-12

AFC South

Jacksonville*     9-7

Houston             9-7

Tennessee         7-9

Indianapolis       6-10

AFC West

Kansas City*       12-4

San Diego*         10-6

Denver                7-9

Oakland              5-11

NFC East

Dallas                 11-5

Philadelphia*    10-6

NY Giants           6-10

Washington       5-11

NFC Norris

Minnesota*       10-6

Green Bay          9-7

Chicago               8-8

Detroit                7-9

NFC South

Atlanta *            10-6

New Orleans*   10-6

Carolina              6-10

Tampa Bay         5-11

NFC West

LA Rams*           12-4

Seattle                9-7

San Francisco    7-9

Arizona               3-13

AFC Wild Card Round

San Diego over New England

Pittsburgh over Jacksonville

NFC Wild Card Round

Atlanta over Philadelphia

New Orleans over Minnesota

AFC Divisional Round

Cleveland over San Diego

Kansas City over Pittsburgh

NFC Divisional Round

LA Rams over New Orleans

Dallas over Atlanta

AFC Championship

Cleveland over Kansas City

NFC Championship

LA Rams over Dallas

Super Bowl LIV

Cleveland 27 LA Rams 26

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Zombo said:

The Great Zomboni Ranks Them

1.       Cleveland Browns … Electric on both sides of the ball, worst to first in two years

2.       Kansas City Chiefs … Magnificent offense again covers Achilles defense

3.       LA Rams … Still loaded, now with winning experience

.....but....see the super bowl loser jinx....or do you think the Pats have broken that curse?

4.       Dallas Cowboys … If you can look beyond the drama, they are pretty damn talented

or...pretty damn overrated...which may be the case.

5.       Pittsburgh Steelers … Leaner and meaner without the queens they sent packing

But they still have their biggest queen....BR...unless you think that now at age 38, he has matured?

6.       LA Chargers … Another loaded team behind a great team

and all of 20,000 people at their home games.

7.       Atlanta Falcons … I always guess wrong on them, but seems like it is their turn in NSouth

good when you think they will be bad, bad when you think they will be good...yep

8.       New Orleans Saints … Just in case I am wrong on Falcons, Saints will be damn good too

9.       Minnesota Vikings … They don’t get the most ink in their division, but they have the most talent

not so sure....Bears may have more....and Packers have it where it counts...at QB.  Not sold on Cousins.

10.   Philadelphia Eagles … Need to see them rally around Wentz before I go higher

11.   New England Patriots … This the year you would see the decline … if division wasn’t so easy

12.   Jacksonville Jaguars … Going to Luck into a division title this year

I agree.

13.   Seattle Seahawks … Could be a sleeper, but too many good teams in NFC

14.   Green Bay Packers … Learning curve with the new coach

15.   Houston Texas … Much to like, but don’t trust decisions at the top

16.   Buffalo Bills … Up and comer … tough out.

17.   Chicago Bears … Step back because I still don’t trust the qb

18.   Baltimore Ravens … Risky way to win with your 210 lb QB running around

19.   New York Jets … On the way up … still some holes

20.   Detroit Lions … Who knows … I will buy any NNorth ranking you wanna make

21.   San Francisco 49ers … Could swing either way, seems they are injury prone

22.   Denver Broncos … Offense won’t scare anybody

23.   Tennesee Titans … They may have to rethink this plan at end of year

24.   Carolina Panthers … Why do I feel Cam won’t be healthy all year?

I have him as potential MVP....provided, as you say, he stays healthy

25.   Indianapolis Colts … Yes, one guy makes that much of a difference

Yes, he does.

26.   New York Giants … Shuffling off your best players doesn’t seem like a recipe to get better

And having Pat Shurmur as your HC....Oi!

27.   Tampa Bay Buccaneers … I like Arians, but culture change may take another year

28.   Oakland Raiders … Here’s a team that’s acquiring drama … solid approach (not)

I am still torn...hate that they move around....and fuck over their fans...but in reality...Bay area should really only have one team.

29.   Washington Redskins … Being the worst Gruden will get you fired

30.   Cincinnati Bengals … I’m not feeling the coaching changes, a new “Bungles” era is upon us

31.   Arizona Cardinals … This whole college gimmicky stuff always get stuffed in NFL

32.   Miami Dolphins … Since they are obviously tanking, so I guess congratulations should be in order

The Great Zomboni Predicts them

AFC East

New England*   10-6

Buffalo               9-7

NY Jets                8-8

Miami                 1-15

AFC North

Cleveland*         13-3

Pittsburgh*        11-5

Baltimore           8-8

Cincinnati           4-12

AFC South

Jacksonville*     9-7

Houston             9-7

Tennessee         7-9

Indianapolis       6-10

AFC West

Kansas City*       12-4

San Diego*         10-6

Denver                7-9

Oakland              5-11

NFC East

Dallas                 11-5

Philadelphia*    10-6

NY Giants           6-10

Washington       5-11

NFC Norris

Minnesota*       10-6

Green Bay          9-7

Chicago               8-8

Detroit                7-9

NFC South

Atlanta *            10-6

New Orleans*   10-6

Carolina              6-10

Tampa Bay         5-11

NFC West

LA Rams*           12-4

Seattle                9-7

San Francisco    7-9

Arizona               3-13

AFC Wild Card Round

San Diego over New England

Pittsburgh over Jacksonville

NFC Wild Card Round

Atlanta over Philadelphia

New Orleans over Minnesota

AFC Divisional Round

Cleveland over San Diego

Kansas City over Pittsburgh

NFC Divisional Round

LA Rams over New Orleans

Dallas over Atlanta

AFC Championship

Cleveland over Kansas City

NFC Championship

LA Rams over Dallas

Super Bowl LIV

Cleveland 27 LA Rams 26

Make it  30-28 and  Can you say HELLO, 1950  NFL title game?

• Upvote 3

Whoa! A Browns Board "Power Ranking"!!!

Nice work, Z.... wrong, but nice... ;)

1. NE - The reigning Champ got even better this off-season.
  2. LAR - A lot depends on Gurley's knee, but if he can give them 10 strong, reg-season games, that'll be enough to rank 'em high... and save enough of him for a playoff run.
  3. ATL - Quietly Demetrough(?) improved this squad plus Deion Jones returns. Jones-Ridley-Sanu may be the best WR trio in the game.
  4. LAC - A loaded team loaded up and I am guessing that Gordon reports before too long.
  5. KC - Magnificent O put freed a good 2018 D to get after the opposition, but this year's D has less "get after them"...
  6. NO - The SuperDome-sters are another quiet power... maybe it's a stadium with lids thing...
  7. CLE - New kids on the block. Lotta talent... obvious weaknesses on both sides of the ball. Plus there's that whole "learn how to win when it counts thing...
  8. CHI - the D is that good and will outscore the O on at least three weeks this year, but.... the O will come along enough to win the NFCN.
  9. BLT - Folks are sleeping on this team, but they are still formidable on D and unique enough on O to be scary.
  10. MN - They have a good QB... but need a great one. If they had great, they'd be a SB contender rather than a NFCN bridesmaid.
  11. PTG - The O just isn't scary anymore and while the D looks formidable with Bush in the middle, it's just not enough to contend. Another playoff near-miss.
  12. GB - Tempted to upgrade this ranking based on the D we saw last nite, but then I remembered who they played and my musing on how it was in essence a preseason game.
  13. DAL - The most talented underachiever in the NFL wins the NFCE again... with just over a .500 record... but goes nowhere.
  14. PHI - The O/U for Wentz starts is 9...
  15. DET - A good team in a division with better teams.
  16. TB - My biggest surprise upside ranking... I actually expect Jameis to play well and they have talent at almost every position.
  17. SEA - My biggest surprise downside ranking... Half their formula for winning has been decimated... so they are halfway down in the rankings.
  18. OAK - My 2nd biggest upside surprise... I expect AB to play for them (excepting Mayock)... I think Gruden gets a good season out of Carr.
  19. CAR - Agree with Z... I just don't see Cam starting 16... but even if I did I am not sure that would bump them up all that much.
  20. NYJ - They have a Bell-cow... (see what I did there?)... and a good D. That'll almost make up for their 2nd year QB.
  21. HOU - They are talented everywhere but RB... and that'll put to much load on their passing game. Another 500-ish Division championship (and one-and-done playoff appearance) coming up!
  22. NYG - I know... the D has been weakened, but they have the ball-control makeup on O to hide their D from many lesser teams.
  23. IND - What could have been... but Brissett is no slouch... he just ain't Luck. While that D they conjured up will get ground down thru games and the season, they will still be a respectable-ish team... plus there's my boy, Chad, waiting in the wings...
  24. TN - tough team... just not special and MM gets hurt every year... or so it seems.
  25. DNV - Flacco will stabilize the QB position... at a Flacco level...
  26. JAX - Sorry... I love Foles, the original Tour Sleeper QB, but when he's the guy rather than the other guy, he just shrinks.
  27. BUF - It's the QB...
  28. CIN - Still have a lot of pieces, but ranking low is no puzzle...
  29. WSH - If you flipped a coin to start Keenum or Haskins... it'd land on its edge. Other key pieces just can't stay healthy... RBs... TEs... WRs... OL... Lil Gruden's gone by the Bye.
  30. SF - Remember when they were the shooting star? What was that? Two years ago??? Now they are falling to earth... make that crashing...
  31. MIA - Not even sure they can tank right...
  32. AZ - Just a mess that'll take more than one off-season to fix... they'll scare a lot of teams... but a lot more Cardinal fans...

So there it is... the real list...

And here is the real season in a picture...

248877117_03-2020NFLSeason-PlayoffPredictors.thumb.png.113a790ba329e41995a6a93332c09b51.png

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

2. LAR - A lot depends on Gurley's knee, but if he can give them 10 strong, reg-season games, that'll be enough to rank 'em high... and save enough of him for a playoff run.
  3. ATL - Quietly Demetrough(?) improved this squad plus Deion Jones returns. Jones-Ridley-Sanu may be the best WR trio in the game.
  4. LAC - A loaded team loaded up and I am guessing that Gordon reports before too long.
  5. KC - Magnificent O put freed a good 2018 D to get after the opposition, but this year's D has less "get after them"...
  6. NO - The SuperDome-sters are another quiet power... maybe it's a stadium with lids thing...
  7. CLE - New kids on the block. Lotta talent... obvious weaknesses on both sides of the ball. Plus there's that whole "learn how to win when it counts thing...
  8. CHI - the D is that good and will outscore the O on at least three weeks this year, but.... the O will come along enough to win the NFCN.
  9. BLT - Folks are sleeping on this team, but they are still formidable on D and unique enough on O to be scary.
  10. MN - They have a good QB... but need a great one. If they had great, they'd be a SB contender rather than a NFCN bridesmaid.
  11. PTG - The O just isn't scary anymore and while the D looks formidable with Bush in the middle, it's just not enough to contend. Another playoff near-miss.
  12. GB - Tempted to upgrade this ranking based on the D we saw last nite, but then I remembered who they played and my musing on how it was in essence a preseason game.
  13. DAL - The most talented underachiever in the NFL wins the NFCE again... with just over a .500 record... but goes nowhere.
  16. TB - My biggest surprise upside ranking... I actually expect Jameis to play well and they have talent at almost every position.
  17. SEA - My biggest surprise downside ranking... Half their formula for winning has been decimated... so they are halfway down in the rankings.
  18. OAK - My 2nd biggest upside surprise... I expect AB to play for them (excepting Mayock)... I think Gruden gets a good season out of Carr.
  19. CAR - Agree with Z... I just don't see Cam starting 16... but even if I did I am not sure that would bump them up all that much.
  20. NYJ - They have a Bell-cow... (see what I did there?)... and a good D. That'll almost make up for their 2nd year QB.
  21. HOU - They are talented everywhere but RB... and that'll put to much load on their passing game. Another 500-ish Division championship (and one-and-done playoff appearance) coming up!
  22. NYG - I know... the D has been weakened, but they have the ball-control makeup on O to hide their D from many lesser teams.
  23. IND - What could have been... but Brissett is no slouch... he just ain't Luck. While that D they conjured up will get ground down thru games and the season, they will still be a respectable-ish team... plus there's my boy, Chad, waiting in the wings...
  24. TN - tough team... just not special and MM gets hurt every year... or so it seems.
  26. JAX - Sorry... I love Foles, the original Tour Sleeper QB, but when he's the guy rather than the other guy, he just shrinks.
  27. BUF - It's the QB...
  29. WSH - If you flipped a coin to start Keenum or Haskins... it'd land on its edge. Other key pieces just can't stay healthy... RBs... TEs... WRs... OL... Lil Gruden's gone by the Bye.
  30. SF - Remember when they were the shooting star? What was that? Two years ago??? Now they are falling to earth... make that crashing...
  32. AZ - Just a mess that'll take more than one off-season to fix... they'll scare a lot of teams... but a lot more Cardinal fans...

248877117_03-2020NFLSeason-PlayoffPredictors.thumb.png.113a790ba329e41995a6a93332c09b51.png

Your Bears are going to need to score more than 3 points if they are going 13-2 the rest of the way ...  and that is one bad-ass top-heavy AFC North.

Z

• Haha 1

Here is NOT a prediction thread.....but simply  who I would LIKE to see win each division....for esoteric reasons,  historical  mainly..to see a changing of the guard:

AFCE......Bills

AFCN....Browns, obiously

AFCS....Titans

AFCW...Chargers

WCs:   Chiefs,  Jets.

NFCE:  Redskins

NFCN:  Vikings

NFCS:  Falcons

NFCW:  Cardinals

WCs:  Lions,  Bears

Notice, none having won a SB except Bears/Redskins. 

11 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

1. ATL - Quietly Demetrough(?) improved this squad plus Deion Jones returns. Jones-Ridley-Sanu may be the best WR trio in the game....It is Dimitroff...a native of Barberton Ohio
  2. CLE - New kids on the block. Lotta talent... obvious weaknesses on both sides of the ball. Plus there's that whole "learn how to win when it counts thing......explain what those weaknesses are.  (OL, yes,  what else?)
  3. CHI - the D is that good and will outscore the O on at least three weeks this year, but.... the O will come along enough to win the NFCN. Off to a bad start if they are going to do so.
  4. BLT - Folks are sleeping on this team, but they are still formidable on D and unique enough on O to be scary. IMO, they will suck....or is that just wishful thinking.  (but there D...IMO has been vastly weakened.
  5. MN - They have a good QB... but need a great one. If they had great, they'd be a SB contender rather than a NFCN bridesmaid. I think they have an average QB....just not sold on Cousins.
  6. PTG - The O just isn't scary anymore and while the D looks formidable with Bush in the middle, it's just not enough to contend. Another playoff near-miss.  How do we know that Bush will be all that?  He has not played a down yet. He seems to have good talent...and is to be surrounded by good talent....but he may not end up as good as Mack Wilson...at least...again, I hope so.
  7. DAL - The most talented underachiever in the NFL wins the NFCE again... with just over a .500 record... but goes nowhere.  Overrated and underachieving IMO.
  8. TB - My biggest surprise upside ranking... I actually expect Jameis to play well and they have talent at almost every position. Yes...Winston...talk about underachievers.  Perhaps the light bulb comes on this year under Arians?
  9. OAK - My 2nd biggest upside surprise... I expect AB to play for them (excepting Mayock)... I think Gruden gets a good season out of Carr.Either that or they completely implode and challenge for the first pick in the draft.
  10. CAR - Agree with Z... I just don't see Cam starting 16... but even if I did I am not sure that would bump them up all that much. I have him as a possible MVP candidate....don't know...just a hunch.
  11. NYJ - They have a Bell-cow... (see what I did there?)... and a good D. That'll almost make up for their 2nd year QB. Who some people think is the second coming... I don't know.
  12. IND - What could have been... but Brissett is no slouch... he just ain't Luck. While that D they conjured up will get ground down thru games and the season, they will still be a respectable-ish team... plus there's my boy, Chad, waiting in the wings...???? INteresting about Chad Kelly....you never know. Will his 2 cent brain catch up to his $100 arm?
  13. TN - tough team... just not special and MM gets hurt every year... or so it seems. But losing Mariota means Tannehill takes over...which honestly, I do not believe will be much of a downgrade (not that Tannehill is much good...its just that Mariota is dissappointing)
  14. JAX - Sorry... I love Foles, the original Tour Sleeper QB, but when he's the guy rather than the other guy, he just shrinks. We shall see.  I think he does well...and that Jags take that division.
  15. WSH - If you flipped a coin to start Keenum or Haskins... it'd land on its edge. Other key pieces just can't stay healthy... RBs... TEs... WRs... OL... Lil Gruden's gone by the Bye. Haskins will take over, and be outstanding.....in the future.
  16. SF - Remember when they were the shooting star? What was that? Two years ago??? Now they are falling to earth... make that crashing...Agree completely
  17. MIA - Not even sure they can tank right...  Haha!  Fair point. 
  18. AZ - Just a mess that'll take more than one off-season to fix... they'll scare a lot of teams... but a lot more Cardinal fans...

2 hours ago, Zombo said:

Your Bears are going to need to score more than 3 points if they are going 13-2 the rest of the way ...  and that is one bad-ass top-heavy AFC North.

Since I picked them to won last nite 12-3 will do... ;)

4 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

27. BUF - It's the QB...

You didn't agree with his rankings? How are you not banned for a month. 😂😂😂

24 minutes ago, Alkid3 said:

You didn't agree with his rankings? How are you not banned for a month. 😂😂😂

Because he likes me...

... I've bought him beer.

14 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Here is NOT a prediction thread.....but simply  who I would LIKE to see win each division....for esoteric reasons,  historical  mainly..to see a changing of the guard:

AFCE......Bills

AFCN....Browns, obiously

AFCS....Titans

AFCW...Chargers

WCs:   Chiefs,  Jets.

NFCE:  Redskins

NFCN:  Vikings

NFCS:  Falcons

NFCW:  Cardinals

WCs:  Lions,  Bears

Notice, none having won a SB except Bears/Redskins. 

You can like all you want- but reality is going to bite you in the ass. The Redskins have no chance- and sorry- the Arizona Roving Bidwells deserve as little respect as the Oakland Davis' or the crummy Kroenke's Rams. 

3 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:
On 9/5/2019 at 3:42 PM, Zombo said:

OK-but how about week 1 picks?

Easy- This week in the AFC North...  Browns win, Steelers and Bengals lose. Ravens should smear the tanking Dolphins. 

12 hours ago, hoorta said:

You can like all you want- but reality is going to bite you in the ass. The Redskins have no chance- and sorry- the Arizona Roving Bidwells deserve as little respect as the Oakland Davis' or the crummy Kroenke's Rams. 

I know that Like I said it was not a prediction for him just stay I wish this would happen statement