THE BROWNS BOARD

The Browns Board Tailgate 2019

hoorta

I thought I'd start this, as Zombo is much occupied with worries of a Category 5 hurricane bearing down on Florida. It's been long planned to get the group together for the opener in Honor\Memory of our departed Board founder Stan Aten. I know I'll be up there at "The Lot". Anyone else who's interested should start posting here. 

Hopefully Z will post some if the particulars, If not I'll try my best. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

I thought I'd start this, as Zombo is much occupied with worries of a Category 5 hurricane bearing down on Florida. It's been long planned to get the group together for the opener in Honor\Memory of our departed Board founder Stan Aten. I know I'll be up there at "The Lot". Anyone else who's interested should start posting here. 

Hopefully Z will post some if the particulars, If not I'll try my best. 

Thanks Larry, Ed is bringing pizza and sandwiches to the lot, there will be a donation jar, anything over what recoups expenses will be donated in Stan's name. It is BYOB so bring a cooler, or if you are coming in from out of town,  contact a local for some cooler room.

There will be a cornhole tournament and lots of fun and tradition.

We have visitors coming from as far as England and Scotland.

If you are coming in, leave us a note here so we can keep a rough headcount.

If you are local and you are watching the game at home or in a bar, please come down to the tailgate beforehand, all are welcome!

My plans are still up in the air, I am hoping for things to line up right, otherwise I'll be aiming for coming up in November for the Bills game.

Ask and questions in this thread or PM me, thanks!

Zombo

I'm going to go ahead and put my tickets up for sale, if I end up making it, I'll get something last minute.

Two great seats, Section 346 Row 12 Seats 7, 8

$500

Will sit next to two great fellow Browns fans, Atlanta Mike (Pavo Joe) and his wife. This is the price I paid on-line for resales. Not going to gouge anyone for more, don't really want to take less.

I would love for someone from the Browns Board to grab them.

First Browns fan to offer full price can have them. Thanks, Go Browns!

Zombo

And you can also PM me. I can't give you the exact address, but if you plug in West Street Cleveland Ohio- it will show you the lot we Tailgate at.  It shows up as Metro Parking on the map.  When you enter the lot we're on the left, usually in the first row or two. 

In honor of Stan, I'm bringing up some bottles of Dayton's finest "Bad Juan" margaritas, and of course the usual bottle or two of the famous Orange Stuff for pre game shots.  

And as Z pointed out- game ticket prices this year went through the roof. 1,000% resale increase from the 0-16 season. My tickets are already accounted for, though I don't do any profiteering on mine. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The Gipper said:

You all planned this only after I had already planned something else....I figured it would happen later.  I will just be coming down out of the Arch (see avatar)  about kickoff....but then I have to travel the rest of the afternoon to the middle of Mizz.

Gip- this was in the works as early as last year. And who plans vacations in the middle of football season anyway?  

21 hours ago, hoorta said:

Gip- this was in the works as early as last year. And who plans vacations in the middle of football season anyway?  

October is really the best time of year to travel to be honest with you so yeah I’ve been doing October September trips for 30 years. And if it had been in the works I was not aware of it the date for it before I booked my trip.

22 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

October is really the best time of year to travel to be honest with you so yeah I’ve been doing October September trips for 30 years. And if it had been in the works I was not included in the plans.

Yeah kids back in school everything is wide open, nice prices, even down south and Hawaii in November and December.

We got married in late November and went to Mexico City and Acapulco in 1981 it was.....nice!

........oh nothing like watching football on Waikiki, saw OHIO STATE vs Michigan at breakfast or NFL MNF  in the afternoon at a beach bar.  ;)

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

October is really the best time of year to travel to be honest with you so yeah I’ve been doing October September trips for 30 years. And if it had been in the works I was not included in the plans.

We got  married in  October (a Saturday) but went to the  hotel where the guests were  staying to catch the Browns- Chiefs  game the next  day before  we took  off on  our honeymoon. I get the less  crowded cheaper  thing, but the weather is  getting  mighty  iffy if your thing is visiting the high country in Wyoming or  Colorado.  When the nephew  and me did some  climbing in  Wyoming the last week  in August a few years  back, the hotel  clerk in Pinedale mentioned  it was unusual  that they  hadn't  gotten any  snow  yet. 

2 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Yeah kids back in school everything is wide open, nice prices, even down south and Hawaii in November and December.

We got married in late November and went to Mexico City and Acapulco in 1981 it was.....nice!

........oh nothing like watching football on Waikiki, saw OHIO STATE vs Michigan at breakfast or NFL MNF  in the afternoon at a beach bar.  ;)

Agree. We watched the Browns beat the Ratbirds last year at our campsite in southern Illinois. People thought we were crazy, they just don't understand...

We always take our RV south, end up in Texas visiting family in Sept/Oct. Cooler temps, less crowds.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Mark O said:

I'll be there.   This wimpy hurricane couldn't keep me away from being there for the opener.

Looking forward to seeing you again Mark. From earthquakes to hurricanes huh? But you and Z got lucky- I'm sure you've seen video of what was left of the Bahamas when Dorian went through....  

35 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Bring winter clothes.... 

Yes, certainly, some...but as I said, I have been there that time of year before in October.   As recently as 2014 I was in Yellowstone in Oct.   I have some traveling to do in north central WY...up by Bighorn Canyon....before heading to Cody, then on to Jackson Hole where I will be most of the time. 

I have even been up into the Canadian Rockies...near Banff/Jasper/Lake Louise in October....and had good weather.

And honestly, in much of the country now....with global warming, November is becoming a pretty decent month to travel in much of the country.  A couple of years back I traveled up the Blue Ridge Parkway and Shenandoah...in October, and the leaves there had not yet come close to being in peak yet. 

Have a good time at the tailgate.  Sorry I have to miss it.  Some suggested there may be another in November?

14 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Mexico City and Acapulco are NOT the places you want to go now really in Mexico. 

47 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Yes, certainly, some...but as I said, I have been there that time of year before in October.   As recently as 2014 I was in Yellowstone in Oct.   I have some traveling to do in north central WY...up by Bighorn Canyon....before heading to Cody, then on to Jackson Hole where I will be most of the time. 

I have even been up into the Canadian Rockies...near Banff/Jasper/Lake Louise in October....and had good weather.

And honestly, in much of the country now....with global warming, November is becoming a pretty decent month to travel in much of the country.  A couple of years back I traveled up the Blue Ridge Parkway and Shenandoah...in October, and the leaves there had not yet come close to being in peak yet. 

Have a good time at the tailgate.  Sorry I have to miss it.  Some suggested there may be another in November?

Zombo was thinking the Bills game- I'm still not certain he's coming up for the opener. If that's the case, I can't make the Bills game- all our season tickets have been allocated to other friends and relatives. BTW- secondary market in my section for that game is running $325 bucks. 

Get ready for major sticker shock buying Browns tickets this year.   

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, hoorta said:

Looking forward to seeing you again Mark. From earthquakes to hurricanes huh? But you and Z got lucky- I'm sure you've seen video of what was left of the Bahamas when Dorian went through....  

Yep..saw the pictures.   Earthquakes are pretty tame by comparison nearly all of the time and in a lot of ways, I'll take the sudden earthquake over a week of panic in the news about a hurricane that ends up not coming within 60 miles of where you live but certainly a lot more damage from the hurricanes that nearly every earthquake i've ever felt in SoCal. 

See ya this weekend.

• hoorta unpinned this topic
2 hours ago, hoorta said:

Well a good time was had by all- it was the best part of the day.... 

Sorry I missed you.  Glad I got to say hi to some of the group, even if it was just as short as saying hi.

My wife started experiencing intestinal issues as we were walking down.  We walked to the Flatiron, but they were closed.  On the way back I had to stop for 5-10 minutes, but had to get her back up to the warehouse district to find a restroom.

When she started walking away without me, I knew it was my que to get going.

Sorry I couldn't stay longer or say proper good-bye's