THE BROWNS BOARD

***Browns Vs. Lions Preseason Game Night Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

Ahhhhh, this game still resembles a 4th game in preseason CLE 3-2, and the TRIBE won 2-0 earlier.   :huh:

5 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

nice TO freddie..Devroe Lawrence is pissed at his Madden score..we need a nickname for a beast on Lake Erie 

"Mr. Lawrence" sounds about right. Lol

I'll tell you one thing, Austin Seibert might've made his kicks, but damn son. Those things SCRAPED through the uprights. Lol

15 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Gilbert not looking that good he can’t find an open receiver hardly

Had some nice throws on scoring drive! Also had a terrific bomb dropped by Hyman. 

1 minute ago, jiggins7919 said:

I'll tell you one thing, Austin Seibert might've made his kicks, but damn son. Those things SCRAPED through the uprights. Lol

i need to go back and watch some of these holds..Gillian looks to hold the ball at a right angle almost pulling towards him to spin & stand..not sure if Colquitt has that same angle.. 

• Like 1

Nice to hear from John Dorsey in the booth before the cutdown date.

.......and Detroit scores.

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

Ahhhhh, this game still resembles a 4th game in preseason CLE 3-2, and the TRIBE won 2-0 earlier.   :huh:

Wow CLE 20-9 4th quarter, not a baseball game after all.

22 hours ago, Kvoethe said:

Pointless game...they could drop 2 preseason games and I wouldnt care

When teams are so afraid to play the first team because they might get hurt- I'm starting to agree with you. 

17 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

that dude puts the ball into the troposphere for 50 yds and also makes a form tackle at the end.....how did this fall into our laps?

Gilian makes team, Colquitt cut, Seibert makes team Joseph cut- book it.  

I'll have to wait until Saturday for the rebroadcast on NFLN the local CBS affiliate didn't carry it.  :(  

4 hours ago, hoorta said:

When teams are so afraid to play the first team because they might get hurt- I'm starting to agree with you. 

Gilian make team, Colquitt cut, Seibert makes team Joseph cut- book it.  

I'll have to wait until Saturday for the rebroadcast on NFLN the local CBS affiliate didn't carry it.  :(  

Agree on both K and P.

NFL Network (Ch. 212 Direct TV) carries the game Sat. @ 8:00am EDT (7:00 CDT). I'll record it because I always play RB 9-12 Sat.

12 hours ago, TypicalBrowns50 said:

What an ugly ass game. 

And they were everywhere :D..I was interested myself with the question? Who pays to see these 4th preseason games? So i pulled all 15 lo'cals where these games were played..Texas loves some football. Dallas highest with 81,329 & Houston 71.1..Philly74/GB73.8/Saints73/Den72.3/Car71.6/..Sea. just bumped out Browns fans by under a thousand 68,461>67,431 paid..Pats65/SF62.4/Bears60/Buff.57/Atl.56,000...Your quitters in the clubhouse? Indy 35,000 & Skins 34,000...Crazy paid money, and i get not all* paid were in the house. But the Brownies fans for the size of Cleveland had some fun https://expo.cleveland.com/sports/g66l-2019/08/28cf46689f5310/fans-in-the-stands-at-the-browns-final-preseason-game.html   🍺 Cheers to Dawgs in the house PS4

4 hours ago, gumby73 said:

And they were everywhere :D..I was interested myself with the question? Who pays to see these 4th preseason games? So i pulled all 15 lo'cals where these games were played..Texas loves some football. Dallas highest with 81,329 & Houston 71.1..Philly74/GB73.8/Saints73/Den72.3/Car71.6/..Sea. just bumped out Browns fans by under a thousand 68,461>67,431 paid..Pats65/SF62.4/Bears60/Buff.57/Atl.56,000...Your quitters in the clubhouse? Indy 35,000 & Skins 34,000...Crazy paid money, and i get not all* paid were in the house. But the Brownies fans for the size of Cleveland had some fun https://expo.cleveland.com/sports/g66l-2019/08/28cf46689f5310/fans-in-the-stands-at-the-browns-final-preseason-game.html   🍺 Cheers to Dawgs in the house PS4

"Paid" is the operative word. Counting the season tickets? I wasn't  about to  put in 400 miles on the car and six hours of my time to see 1\2 the guys who  played in that game not  even make the  final roster.  FWIW, we offered our 20 yard line 100 level tickets ($75 face value) on every  resale site for  $25 bucks,  and  had no takers.

Looking at  those pictures, the folks who  were at the game had a good time, and probably got a  great deal on tickets. 

I'll take that back- just got an email from my pal. Our tickets sold at the last minute for the bargain basement price of $24, some Indians tickets cost more...    

25 minutes ago, hoorta said:

"Paid" is the operative word. Counting the season tickets? I wasn't  about to  put in 400 miles on the car and six hours of my time to see 1\2 the guys who  played in that game not  even make the  final roster.  FWIW, we offered our 20 yard line 100 level tickets ($75 face value) on every  resale site for  $25 bucks,  and  had no takers.

Looking at  those pictures, the folks who  were at the game had a good time, and probably got a  great deal on tickets. 

How does that work now that all tickets are electronic?

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

How does that work now that all tickets are electronic?

Here's how it works- at least from a season ticket holder perspective. The master account (or if you're buying direct from the Browns) has all the tickets in it. You can text them (I haven't  quite figured that one out quite yet) or send the buyer (or myself in this case) an email with a link to the tickets. You click the link to accept the tickets- and they wind up in Ticketmaster with an access code for you to get them. The easy way from there is to load the Browns app on your phone (I have all the potential notifications disabled). If you have an Android phone- there's a button on the upper left that will tell you "see my tickets". You can finally load the tickets on your phone, or just go to your Ticketmaster account at the gate to show the ticket.. Easy huh? It wasn't the first time, but I'm learning to deal with the hassle. If there's only a couple people in your group, you can put all the tickets on one phone. Get to the gate,  swipe your phone left and the tickets will show up sequentially.  

What we did for the Lions game was just list the tickets direct on Ticketmaster, with a price associated. Someone buys them- they instantly own them them, and my pal's credit card gets the payment from Ticketmaster (after of course Ticketmaster gets a cut of the profit, in our case a loss.) 

BTW if you have Google Pay or Apple Pay- you can park the tickets in your virtual wallet. I refuse to go that route- I'm not comfortable using my phone as a credit card.   

18 hours ago, gumby73 said:

i need to go back and watch some of these holds..Gillian looks to hold the ball at a right angle almost pulling towards him to spin & stand..not sure if Colquitt has that same angle.. 

Good point. Gillian even said that he needs experience holding for kicks, whereas someone like Colquitt is going to have it down pat. 

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

Here's how it works- at least from a season ticket holder perspective. The master account (or if you're buying direct from the Browns) has all the tickets in it. You can text them (I haven't  quite figured that one out quite yet) or send the buyer (or myself in this case) an email with a link to the tickets. You click the link to accept the tickets- and they wind up in Ticketmaster with an access code for you to get them. The easy way from there is to load the Browns app on your phone (I have all the potential notifications disabled). If you have an Android phone- there's a button on the upper left that will tell you "see my tickets". You can finally load the tickets on your phone, or just go to your Ticketmaster account at the gate to show the ticket.. Easy huh? It wasn't the first time, but I'm learning to deal with the hassle. If there's only a couple people in your group, you can put all the tickets on one phone. Get to the gate,  swipe your phone left and the tickets will show up sequentially.  

What we did for the Lions game was just list the tickets direct on Ticketmaster, with a price associated. Someone buys them- they instantly own them them, and my pal's credit card gets the payment from Ticketmaster (after of course Ticketmaster gets a cut of the profit, in our case a loss.) 

BTW if you have Google Pay or Apple Pay- you can park the tickets in your virtual wallet. I refuse to go that route- I'm not comfortable using my phone as a credit card.   

I had to do something like that last year at the Houston game.  Recall that I had bought 4 tickets....one for myself/daughter/her now fiance/and his brother.  The brother did not show up for the tailgate...and was late coming to the game....so we had to "email" or do something the ticket I had for him from the Stubhub account.  I had no clue, but the fiance was able to take care of it...so it got done.  But if he had had to rely on me to get the ticket to him...he would have been watching from the bar across the street. 

16 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I had to do something like that last year at the Houston game.  Recall that I had bought 4 tickets....one for myself/daughter/her now fiance/and his brother.  The brother did not show up for the tailgate...and was late coming to the game....so we had to "email" or do something the ticket I had for him from the Stubhub account.  I had no clue, but the fiance was able to take care of it...so it got done.  But if he had had to rely on me to get the ticket to him...he would have been watching from the bar across the street. 

I'm surprised you didn't send him a double ticketI'm surprised you didn't send him a double ticket. 😂

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

Good point. Gillian even said that he needs experience holding for kicks, whereas someone like Colquitt is going to have it down pat. 

a good example is at 3:11 left in 4th.. go frame by frame & tell me what you see?.. just before* contact does nose tip pull right? seems like the hold is to close to gillian's body also(he's not short armed, and could see a better snap)..sure the kid needs some work..but nothing bad for a kid that never held a snap  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

a good example is at 3:11 left in 4th.. go frame by frame & tell me what you see?.. just before* contact does nose tip pull right? seems like the hold is to close to gillian's body also(he's not short armed)..sure the kid needs some work..but nothing bad for a kid that never held a snap  

I see what you mean, and I hope I don't come off as negative towards Gillian because I love him. I love the story, the ability, and his personality. To be honest, he's going to get injured making those tackles, but they sure are fun to watch. And look at the reaction of the team! They love it! 

I can promise you one thing, Gillian will be kicking in the NFL for a long time. Problem is, he's trying to dethrone one of the best, and that ain't gonna happen. But he's talented, and he's got the drive. He'll get a job eventually, trust me. But it won't be here. We can't risk the FG holds, the loss of experience pinning people down, and whatever else just to save a few bucks. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jiggins7919 said:

I see what you mean, and I hope I don't come off as negative towards Gillian because I love him. I love the story, the ability, and his personality. To be honest, he's going to get injured making those tackles, but they sure are fun to watch. And look at the reaction of the team! They love it! 

I can promise you one thing, Gillian will be kicking in the NFL for a long time. Problem is, he's trying to dethrone one of the best, and that ain't gonna happen. But he's talented, and he's got the drive. He'll get a job eventually, trust me. But it won't be here. We can't risk the FG holds, the loss of experience pinning people down, and whatever else just to save a few bucks. 

We'll  see in a few hours who  stays.  My money is still on  Gillan to make  the team, for several  reasons.  Cost savings  being a  factor. If they don't  want  him holding  for FGs, not like  there isn't anyone  else  on the team that has experience  holding  for  kicks. 

Finally and most importantly, you mentioned it yourself.  Jamie could be the  Browns  punter  for the  next 10 years. He's 22, Colquitt is 34.

• Like 1