THE BROWNS BOARD

***Browns Vs. Lions Preseason Game Night Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

Hi, Browns fans.Ā Ā šŸ˜€Ā .Ā  Our Cleveland BrownsĀ  conclude their 2019 NFLĀ  preseason schedule as they host the visiting, and winless, Detroit Lions, for the first timeĀ at First Energy Energy Stadium in six years.

Many of the Browns and Lions fringe and bubble players, especially the drafted and undrafted rookies, and veteran free agents signed during the off-season, will have one more preseason game to bid and earn themselves in to the depth hart for the final regular season roster, and at the same time receive as much individual playing time on the field tonight to impress and be evaluatedĀ their coaching and scouting staffs in the sidelines.

Cleveland defeated Detroit in both teams recent preseason meeting by the score of 35-17 at Ford Field, finishing their record at 3-1, back at Ford Field on August 25, 2018, and the Browns also won the last preseason home game over the LionsĀ Ā 24-6 at FirstEnergy Stadium,Ā  back on August 15, 2013.

Sunny and clear skies at 77 degreesĀ is the local gamecast inside FirstEnergy Stadium, for the 7:35 PM Eastern Standard Time kickoff, along,with 10% precipitation, 49% humidity, and southwest winds at 12 miles per hour.

NO injuries, and HERE WE GO BROWN-NIES!Ā Ā Ā HERE WE GO! WOOF! WOOF!Ā  BELIEVELAND!

https://clevelandbrowns.com/news/browns-vs-lions-need-to-know-game-day-information

https://nfl.com/gamecenter/2019082955/2019/PRE4/lions@browns

Ā 

34 minutes ago, BrownsDawgPound said:

Hi, Browns fans.Ā Ā šŸ˜€Ā .Ā  Our Cleveland BrownsĀ  conclude their 2019 NFLĀ  preseason schedule as they host the visiting, and winless, Detroit Lions, for the first timeĀ at First Energy Energy Stadium in six years.

Many of the Browns and Lions fringe and bubble players, especially the drafted and undrafted rookies, and veteran free agents signed during the off-season, will have one more preseason game to bid and earn themselves in to the depth hart for the final regular season roster, and at the same time receive as much individual playing time on the field tonight to impress and be evaluatedĀ their coaching and scouting staffs in the sidelines.

Cleveland defeated Detroit in both teams recent preseason meeting by the score of 35-17 at Ford Field, finishing their record at 3-1, back at Ford Field on August 25, 2018, and the Browns also won the last preseason home game over the LionsĀ Ā 24-6 at FirstEnergy Stadium,Ā  back on August 15, 2013.

Sunny and clear skies at 77 degreesĀ is the local gamecast inside FirstEnergy Stadium, for the 7:35 PM Eastern Standard Time kickoff, along,with 10% precipitation, 49% humidity, and southwest winds at 12 miles per hour.

NO injuries, and HERE WE GO BROWN-NIES!Ā Ā Ā HERE WE GO! WOOF! WOOF!Ā  BELIEVELAND!

https://clevelandbrowns.com/news/browns-vs-lions-need-to-know-game-day-information

https://nfl.com/gamecenter/2019082955/2019/PRE4/lions@browns

Ā 

Your mamaā€™s a man

42 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

This one is a real dud.

Not if you're one of the many guys trying to make the team or practice squad.

C'MON MAN!!!Ā  Ā WE GOTTA WIN THAT BARGE BACK!!

I almost forgot there was a game tonight. I still will watch most of it.

And high school football is kicking off, busy time of the year.

2 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Roster spots up for grabs.. Ā Positions up for grab. Ā Example: Ā  Gilbert could prove to be the backup over Ā Stanton with a good performance.

Yes the team needs 4 minimum 3 games to get everything settled.

Remember when they had 6 preseason games and 14 regular season games?

10 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Yes the team needs 4 minimum 3 games to get everything settled.

Remember when they had 6 preseason games and 14 regular season games?

No, I don't think they need all those games. Ā I am only saying that now, for this game, there are things to be determined.

1 minute ago, medicineman said:

Bernie looking OLD

He's 13 years younger than me but looks 13 years older, the NFL took it outta him.

Anytime anyone gets on or doesn't understand Bernie I tell them to read the whole interview with Dan Le Batard in 2009:

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2009/07/the_life_and_times_of_bernie_k.html

.........So up and down the spiral staircases he goes, a rumpled mess wearing a wrinkled golf shirt, disheveled graying hair, and the scars and weariness from a lifetime's worth of beatings. He has no shoes on, just white socks with the NFL logo stitched on because he's never really been able to let go of who he used to be. He is coughing up phlegm from a sickness he is certain arrived with all the recent stress of divorce and debt, and now he doesn't walk so much as wobble his way into one of the closets upstairs, where he happens upon some painful, wonderful memories he keeps sealed in a plastic cup.

His teeth are in there.
So is the surgical screw that finally broke through the skin in his ankle because of how crooked he walked for years. He broke that ankle in the first quarter of a game against the Dolphins in 1992; he threw two touchdown passes in the fourth quarter anyway. Don Shula called him the following day to salute him on being so tough, but Kosar is paying for it with every step he takes today on uneven footing. The old quarterback shakes the rattling cup, then grins. There are about as many real teeth in the cup as there are in what remains of his smile.

"I never wore a mouthpiece," he says. "I had to live and die with my audibles. We played on pavement/AstroTurf back then. Getting hit by Lawrence Taylor was only the beginning of the problem."

So much pain in his life. He heads back downstairs gingerly.

"I need hip replacement," he says.

He pulls his jeans down a bit to reveal the scar from the surgery to repair his broken back.

"Disks fused together," he says.

Concussions?

"A lot," he says. "I don't know how many."

He holds out all 10 gnarled fingers. "All of these have been broken at least once," he says. "Most of them twice."

Broke both wrists, too.

The game was fast and muscled. He was neither. He was always the giraffe trying to survive among lions. Still is, really. He has merely traded one cutthroat arena in which people compete for big dollars for another, and today's is a hell of a lot less fun than the one that made him famous. More painful, too, oddly enough.

Kosar holds up his left arm and points to the scar on his elbow.

"Have a cadaver's ligament in there," he says.

And that's the good arm. He bends over and lets both arms hang in front of him. His throwing arm is as crooked as a boomerang.

"I can't straighten it," he says. "I started breaking at 30 years old. Once you start breaking, you keep breaking.".......... CONTINUED........

I think some other teams are going to get some decent cast offs from the BROWNS, what a switch from prior years.

1 minute ago, medicineman said:

I am still bummed we let Nasib go last season but looking at our D now, we got thisĀ 

I feel bad for all the Browns players who are missing out on Nassib's awesome financial savvy.Ā 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Roster spots up for grabs.. Ā Positions up for grab. Ā Example: Ā  Gilbert could prove to be the backup over Ā Stanton with a good performance.

You areĀ better fan than I am lol.