THE BROWNS BOARD

Knockoff Jerseys

brownie4412

Where are ya'll getting them? Both my kids have outgrown their Joe Thomas jerseys and I refuse to spend $200 for something they'll just outgrow again. $75 plus tax for a kids jersey is ridiculous. I bought a Richardson fake back in 2012 for $25 and it looked really good but I found it on craigslist. dhgate has loads of them but there's so many different sellers there's no way to tell who's peddling good ones. Have any of you guys ordered recently? 

1 hour ago, brownie4412 said:

Where are ya'll getting them? Both my kids have outgrown their Joe Thomas jerseys and I refuse to spend $200 for something they'll just outgrow again. $75 plus tax for a kids jersey is ridiculous. I bought a Richardson fake back in 2012 for $25 and it looked really good but I found it on craigslist. dhgate has loads of them but there's so many different sellers there's no way to tell who's peddling good ones. Have any of you guys ordered recently? 

You can get Johnny Manziel jerseys cheap.  I bet your kids would probably still like those.

By the way...this site sells Browns paraphenalia....try checking it out.

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

You can get Johnny Manziel jerseys cheap.  I bet your kids would probably still like those.

By the way...this site sells Browns paraphenalia....try checking it out.

Not my kids. They're both old enough to know better, plus I'd never send them to school 16 times in a Johnny Football jersey.

Yeah I checked out the "store". Just a link to the same overpriced Chinese garbage nike is peddling. Given the choice to cut one of the two out, I choose Nike.

I got a really cool Mayfield knockoff for my birthday!  It was probably made in China and it's definitely not authentic or anything, but I think it's really nice!  I'll see if I can get the details from my wife.

3 hours ago, brownie4412 said:

Not my kids. They're both old enough to know better, plus I'd never send them to school 16 times in a Johnny Football jersey.

Yeah I checked out the "store". Just a link to the same overpriced Chinese garbage nike is peddling. Given the choice to cut one of the two out, I choose Nike.

Yeah, I checked- $75 bucks is the going price for Nike kid's jerseys. Happy hunting if that's too steep for you. If that irks you, you ought to see the rip off prices they're charging for concessions at games. 

Every owner should do what Arthur Blanks did in Atlanta, and that's keeping many of the concessions at an extremely reasonable amount.  Effing greed, man.  

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

Yeah, I checked- $75 bucks is the going price for Nike kid's jerseys. Happy hunting if that's too steep for you. If that irks you, you ought to see the rip off prices they're charging for concessions at games. 

No doubt I'm sure , but ill never even see concession prices because I can't even come to grips with ticket prices. It would cost me $1,000 to take my family to a game this year. That's absurd. But hey, I'll trade $10 tickets for a competitive team anytime. I can watch at home.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, brownie4412 said:

I refuse to spend $200 for something

Insane isn't it?

...and after the player jumps to a new team you're stuck with this jersey that ya can't even wash your car with.

Of course you're safe with a Joe Thomas or any other retired player.

DHgate.com

$18-$20 bucks a pop. So close to the real ones it’s not even funny. I swear they are the same people that make them for the “real” company....  Even come with the tags on them. 

They are so nice I buy them for people as gifts. My buddy has a authentic Joe Thomas Jersey. Got him a Mayfield one from one of the sellers and they was so pissed that he paid what he did for his after seeing it. 

I ordered 8 Mayfield 2 Ricky Vaughn Indians jeresy’s and a OSU Joey Bosa one and gave them out to my friends recently. All of them flawless. 

Check the sellers feedback and look at the photos. They make them as you order.  They will take orders for a while and then shut off their little store so if that happens don’t panic. 

Depending on customs it could take 3-4 weeks to arrive.  They won’t show the logos in the auction ads. If you want to see exactly what it will look like message them and ask for “extra photos” 

Check their auction for sizing charts to match your size. Only had one issue with small sizing and they made me a new one and sent it. 

The sellers are very professional and will usually bend over backwards to fix issues because they want you to order more. They only get paid from the site after you confirm you’ve received the item and are happy with it. 

Use your credit card incase something happens with weird charges and dispute them and get new numbers. I’ve been using DHgate and Aliexpress since early 2000’s and have only had one issue with someone getting my card numbers and I just disputed and got a new card.

The Mayfield one attached is one I kept for myself. The numbers and letters aren’t stitched on this one they are the vinyl but the rest is stitched nicely. This one was $12 shipped to my door. Dig around and you’ll find the stitched number ones.

I could go on and on about the stuff I get off that site. My Nike Air Max’s are fake... nobody can tell, my wife’s Uggs are fake.... she doesn’t know, but she has like 8 pair...

71377C83-2885-419F-825B-832CD08ECCF6.jpeg

2ECEB857-02A5-4666-B85F-5532D7967BD5.jpeg

• Upvote 2

Yep! That might be where I got mine from. Couldn't believe the low price. I think mine is the knockoff color rush version, and it's pretty damn nice considering. At first I got pissed at the wifey cuz I thought she spent $100! Haha. I'll get a picture of it later and hopefully get the exact vendor. Wifey passed out and I'm knee-deep in "Mindhunter" on Netflix. "Killer" show! 

They look nice. When the NFL gets wind of their operation, Giudo will show up to shut them down.   I understand the need for some guys on a budget to save money, but what they're doing is illegal as hell.   

6 hours ago, hoorta said:

They look nice. When the NFL gets wind of their operation, Giudo will show up to shut them down.   I understand the need for some guys on a budget to save money, but what they're doing is illegal as hell.   

It's not because I'm on a budget, it's the principle of it. If the "real" thing was made by nike out in Oregon, then they could justify the price tag. But it's not. They're coming out of the same asian sweatshops as the "fakes." Just because you can afford something doesn't mean you have to buy it.

14 hours ago, Orion said:

Insane isn't it?

...and after the player jumps to a new team you're stuck with this jersey that ya can't even wash your car with.

Of course you're safe with a Joe Thomas or any other retired player.

I think Garrett loves being a Browns player, so my #95 jersey is safe. And my JFF #2 and Houston Astros 2017 WS Champs ones are still in plastic for my heirs to sell some day as unopened antiques.😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, brownie4412 said:

It's not because I'm on a budget, it's the principle of it. If the "real" thing was made by nike out in Oregon, then they could justify the price tag. But it's not. They're coming out of the same asian sweatshops as the "fakes." Just because you can afford something doesn't mean you have to buy it.

Interesting.  Is that true? 

8 hours ago, hoorta said:

Giudo must work slow. I’ve been buying stuff like that for almost 20 years

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Interesting.  Is that true? 

My older Reebok stuff "Made in Indonesia".  My year old Nike jersey "Made in Guatemala".  

5 hours ago, brownie4412 said:

It's not because I'm on a budget, it's the principle of it. If the "real" thing was made by nike out in Oregon, then they could justify the price tag. But it's not. They're coming out of the same Asian sweatshops as the "fakes." Just because you can afford something doesn't mean you have to buy it.

Fair enough- but that's pretty unrealistic. When you're clothes shopping (any clothes) take a look at the labels, or look at the stuff  in your closet. I'm willing to bet you won't be able to find a single item "Made in America" from 100% American fabric. The US garment industry got destroyed around 50 years ago, for reasons I don't recall.  Yeah, part of it is (and it's not just athletic manufactures like Nike, Reebok, Under Armour et al) it's everybody- because they can pay those workers diddly squat compare to what they'd have to pay here in the US... 

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

My older Reebok stuff "Made in Indonesia".  My year old Nike jersey "Made in Guatemala".  

Fair enough- but that's pretty unrealistic. When you're clothes shopping (any clothes) take a look at the labels, or look at the stuff  in your closet. I'm willing to bet you won't be able to find a single item "Made in America" from 100% American fabric. The US garment industry got destroyed around 50 years ago, for reasons I don't recall.  Yeah, part of it is (and it's not just athletic manufactures like Nike, Reebok, Under Armour et al) it's everybody- because they can pay those workers diddly squat compare to what they'd have to pay here in the US... 

And that's exactly my point. Did you see the pictures of that mayfield knock-off? That looks spot on. What makes a $150 sweatshop jersey better than a $25 sweatshop jersey? The astronomical profit margin? I bet the people making earn practically the same wage. I buy my jeans at Wal-Mart because their cheap, I don't care where they came from. If I wanted to buy all "made in the USA" I would expect to pay a premium price because the people making them aren't living on $1 a day. 

• 5 weeks later...

I got the Baker Mayfield color rush knock off jersey, and it's the first jersey I bought since Peyton Hillis (stop laughing). Obviously Baker Mayfield sucking is completely my fault and I should have known better than to buy the jersey. It's funny, when I bought it my friend jokingly said, "Hey man, do you really want to curse Baker? Hahaha." 

I'm not laughing anymore. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/27/2019 at 6:21 PM, hx214 said:

DHgate.com

$18-$20 bucks a pop. So close to the real ones it’s not even funny. I swear they are the same people that make them for the “real” company....  Even come with the tags on them. 

They are so nice I buy them for people as gifts. My buddy has a authentic Joe Thomas Jersey. Got him a Mayfield one from one of the sellers and they was so pissed that he paid what he did for his after seeing it. 

I ordered 8 Mayfield 2 Ricky Vaughn Indians jeresy’s and a OSU Joey Bosa one and gave them out to my friends recently. All of them flawless. 

Check the sellers feedback and look at the photos. They make them as you order.  They will take orders for a while and then shut off their little store so if that happens don’t panic. 

Depending on customs it could take 3-4 weeks to arrive.  They won’t show the logos in the auction ads. If you want to see exactly what it will look like message them and ask for “extra photos” 

Check their auction for sizing charts to match your size. Only had one issue with small sizing and they made me a new one and sent it. 

The sellers are very professional and will usually bend over backwards to fix issues because they want you to order more. They only get paid from the site after you confirm you’ve received the item and are happy with it. 

Use your credit card incase something happens with weird charges and dispute them and get new numbers. I’ve been using DHgate and Aliexpress since early 2000’s and have only had one issue with someone getting my card numbers and I just disputed and got a new card.

The Mayfield one attached is one I kept for myself. The numbers and letters aren’t stitched on this one they are the vinyl but the rest is stitched nicely. This one was $12 shipped to my door. Dig around and you’ll find the stitched number ones.

I could go on and on about the stuff I get off that site. My Nike Air Max’s are fake... nobody can tell, my wife’s Uggs are fake.... she doesn’t know, but she has like 8 pair...

71377C83-2885-419F-825B-832CD08ECCF6.jpeg

2ECEB857-02A5-4666-B85F-5532D7967BD5.jpeg

Are they made in China or the US?.. because a Chines XL is not the same as a US XL.. they are in fact smaller.. so be mindful of that when choosing your size..

5 hours ago, nickers said:

Are they made in China or the US?.. because a Chines XL is not the same as a US XL.. they are in fact smaller.. so be mindful of that when choosing your size..

Made in China. 

When you go to the specific auctions you need to scroll down and look at their sizing charts. They give measurements next to their sizing. Some are the same as US sizing, some you have to order up a size. 

The one that I ordered didn’t match the sizing on their own chart, so they sent me another one for free.

48 minutes ago, hx214 said:

Made in China. 

When you go to the specific auctions you need to scroll down and look at their sizing charts. They give measurements next to their sizing. Some are the same as US sizing, some you have to order up a size. 

The one that I ordered didn’t match the sizing on their own chart, so they sent me another one for free.

Sadly not much made in the USA but then again we don't pay our people peanuts to work long hours in terrible conditions and no benefits.

And yes their sizes in all clothing vary sometimes a lot. My 5' 0" wife can wear some men's M or L stuff.  I used to get all XXL stuff and hoped they weren't too snug.