THE BROWNS BOARD

Andrew Luck

Gunz41

Just now, bjh2130 said:

Was just coming to post. That's crazy

Yep and I bet everyone favorite media member, Cowherd is somewhere crying. He loves him as much or more than Darnold.

• Haha 1

Even though I don't care for him as a football player, I feel bad for Luck (besides the money). He has had so many injuries that have added up to this. 

33 minutes ago, cambridgeho said:

Now they can pick up Tua or Sunshine next year with the 1st pick.

Hah- first it was "suck for Luck" is it now "tank for Tua"? I hope you can't get that "lucky" three times in a row. 

The NFL is probably shitting themselves. Players are wising up to the long term health effects of football. Guys are leaving the game, leaving a lot of money, for their own long term well being. 

We'll probably continue to see changes to the game to make it safer. 

29 minutes ago, Gunz41 said:

I feel bad for Luck (besides the money). He has had so many injuries that have added up to this. 

that's a lot of dough for only playing 85 football games.. Big Ben maybe a prickly douche.. but his damn wheels & axles & steering won't fall off..some folks are just so lucky in this game with injuries..Good Luck Andrew..(and now fire the fake Geico caveman😂)      

From SI:

........"This is not an easy decision. Honestly it's the hardest decision of my life. But it is the right decision for me," said Luck, who turns 30 on Sept. 12.

The quarterback told reporters that he decided to retire around two weeks ago.

Luck has been plagued by injuries throughout his career and is currently battling a high left ankle injury that is a result of a calf strain. It was reported recently that the Colts had a "guarded optimism" about Luck's ability to be ready in time for Indianapolis' Week 1 game against the Chargers. He has yet to play in a game this preseason and was seen talking and laughing with his teammates on the sidelines of Saturday night's contest against the Bears. However, fans booed him as he left the field after the game.

6 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

is there anything on the colts we like that we could send em blough or gilbert for? cause colts be in panic mode right now and JD could get evil AF with it...

They will not go crazy trying to obtain either of the two.  Obviously they'll miss luck but I don't think they will trade for any qbs. They will happily (as happily as possible for losing a franchise qb) go into the season with brissett as the starter and Chad Kelly as the backup

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

The NFL is probably shitting themselves. Players are wising up to the long term health effects of football. Guys are leaving the game, leaving a lot of money, for their own long term well being. 

We'll probably continue to see changes to the game to make it safer. 

yyyYeahhhhh buuut, this isn't without precedence.  Vikings RB Robert Smith quit to become a doctor, well prior to our present concussion era.

A player who has 'enough' money...and was always wise with his money, can choose to get out while the gettin's good.  The guy's got enough money,   He claims that he's been in pain all the time, rehab, pain, another injury, pain, rehab, pain.....four years straight......I can't blame him.   But a lot of guys that don't make Andrew Luck money need to stay in the game for as long as they can...in pain or not.   

Luck wasn't Lucky.  He wasn't one of the lucky ones who mostly avoided injury.  And he just plain got sick of being in pain.

• Upvote 1

The Luck salary story, from spotrac:

Estimated Career Earnings

YEAR TEAM SALARY SIGNING BONUS ROSTER BONUS WORKOUT BONUS RESTRUCTURE BONUS OPTION BONUS INCENTIVE TOTAL CASH
2012 Player Cash Earnings $390,000 $14,518,544 - - - - - $14,908,544
2013 Player Cash Earnings $1,394,909 - - - - - - $1,394,909
2014 Player Cash Earnings $2,399,818 - - - - - - $2,399,818
2015 Player Cash Earnings $3,404,727 - - - - - - $3,404,727
2016 Player Cash Earnings $12,000,000 $18,000,000 - - - - - $30,000,000
2017 Player Cash Earnings $7,000,000 $14,000,000 $6,000,000 - - - - $27,000,000
2018 Player Cash Earnings $12,000,000 - $6,000,000 - - - - $18,000,000
7 seasons $38,589,454 $46,518,544 $12,000,000 - - - - $97,107,998
2019 Player Cash Earnings $9,125,000 - $12,000,000 - - - - $21,125,000
2020 Player Cash Earnings $11,000,000 - $11,000,000 - - - - $22,000,000
2021 Player Cash Earnings $11,000,000 - $10,000,000 - - - - $21,000,000
  $69,714,454 $46,518,544 $45,000,000 - - - - $161,232,998

7 minutes ago, Orion said:

yyyYeahhhhh buuut, this isn't without precedence.  Vikings RB Robert Smith quit to become a doctor, well prior to our present concussion era.

A player who has 'enough' money...and was always wise with his money, can choose to get out while the gettin's good.  The guy's got enough money,   He claims that he's been in pain all the time, rehab, pain, another injury, pain, rehab, pain.....four years straight......I can't blame him.   But a lot of guys that don't make Andrew Luck money need to stay in the game for as long as they can...in pain or not.   

Luck wasn't Lucky.  He wasn't one of the lucky ones who mostly avoided injury.  And he just plain got sick of being in pain.

He'll have pain the rest of his life...

Just now, Canton Mike said:

The saddest part of this whole thing is that his own (alleged) fans boo'd him. That's a HUGE black eye for the Colts.

Mike

Some fans can be really obnoxious jerks.

8 minutes ago, Canton Mike said:

The saddest part of this whole thing is that his own (alleged) fans boo'd him. That's a HUGE black eye for the Colts.

Mike

It's really shitty on them, but I think they are in the why wait until 2 weeks until the season starts. profootballtalk.com is reporting that the Colts knew about this possibility in March. The whole story will come out soon.

27 minutes ago, nickers said:

He'll have pain the rest of his life...

Probably, to some degree.  But hopefully his body will heal from his current injuries and he won't be in that kind of pain.  

...might I suggest golf.   (going to bed, 7:52am tee time )   :)

26 minutes ago, Canton Mike said:

Mike

I mean, some Browns fans booed Derek Anderson while he was being carted off the field, so...

• Upvote 1